Page 3241 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 224127413141319132313236323932403241324232433246325132913341 ... LastLast
Results 64,801 to 64,820 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    I've always been curious as to how one would one justify a out of context magic in the nasuverse, like would gaia actively stifle dnd magic?
    Didn't you already ask that question?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Nasuverse Murder Mystery…
    Do you have any intention of writing this any time soon? Because I really like this idea. The issue here is that there are a lot of non-apocrypha characters who would work well in that scenario. Three parties in particular:

First off, we have Waver and Gray, as a single party+Iskandar of course. Or even just Waver because this scenario is pretty much Iskandar's idea of a party. And, you know, he's already made a habit of solving magical crimes.

Second, there's Ciel. I could think that the reason would be obvious, because she could be one of the murder victims, and then come back, shocking everyone and potentially making her a suspect if and when she's unable to provide the killer's identity. Also, she's a smart cookie, and it'd just make sense to use her.

And third, there's Shirou and Rin as a single party+Saber—I think they could probably do a pretty good 'good cop/bad cop' routine. And Shirou would be easy to bring into this; hero of justice expects something to go horribly wrong because that's just what happens in Grail Wars. But the main reason to bring him in would be that he could drag Rin along with him, and I think she'd be spectacular in a murder mystery scenario.

One last note: I think it would be clever if the Assassin-class Servant was particularly non-assassiny so-to-speak. Assassin and his/her Master are naturally going to be the first suspects when this is supposed to be an attempted peaceful scenario. In fact, if you actually take any of these ideas to heart, Ciel wouldn't be half bad as an Assassin's Master either.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Didn't you already ask that question?
    He seems to do it a lot.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've got a migraine and am phone posting, so this will be a very brief interest check. Since the lemon contest thing is starting to a close, and I shall for better or worse soon finish my capstone project, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in a fic bingo challenge.

I can track down an example if people are confused but interested.

The idea is that there would be a fairly large pool of concise prompts or fic elements. Those who sign up receive a randomized bingo card from that pool. Often there is some mechanism for participants to exclude a few prompts they definitely don't want from the card generation.

Basically this would encourage each participant to write a number of fairly short fics to fill their card, or we could talk about some way for it to work with longer fics that include several card squares.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Swords View Post
    I've got a migraine and am phone posting, so this will be a very brief interest check. Since the lemon contest thing is starting to a close, and I shall for better or worse soon finish my capstone project, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in a fic bingo challenge.

The idea is that there would be a fairly large pool of concise prompts or fic elements. Those who sign up receive a randomized bingo card from that pool. Often there is some mechanism for participants to exclude a few prompts they definitely don't want from the card generation.

Basically this would encourage each participant to write a number of fairly short fics to fill their card, or we could talk about some way for it to work with longer fics that include several card squares.
    Is this a small-time thing or something along the lines of Kirby and Milbunk's contests?
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Blog Entries

Sounds cool/interesting is all I can say for now.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not in a position at the moment to enter contests (for now) but it would be interesting to see.

about the murder mystery, I would reading something like that if it involves Shirou alone with his thoughts as he delves deeper into what's going on. Post war of course when he's travelling around the world all by himself.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    If Shirou was in a murder mystery, he'd be best as a potential suspect/rival to the actual protagonist. Play on reader expectations of him being a straightforward confirmed good guy versus the story's implications that something shady is going on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Is this a small-time thing or something along the lines of Kirby and Milbunk's contests?
    It's more like a personal challenge thing. Like, trying to make bingo or black out your card. I'm not really sure what I'd do in terms of rewards of any kind because I can't draw and it's not really set up for there to be one winner or whatever, but maybe something could be arranged.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    It's more like a personal challenge thing. Like, trying to make bingo or black out your card. I'm not really sure what I'd do in terms of rewards of any kind because I can't draw and it's not really set up for there to be one winner or whatever, but maybe something could be arranged.
    I'm kinda interested, but unsure of how this works precisely. May I ask for a visual? Lol.
    Quotes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    If Shirou was in a murder mystery, he'd be best as a potential suspect/rival to the actual protagonist. Play on reader expectations of him being a straightforward confirmed good guy versus the story's implications that something shady is going on.
    Three Redheads Murder Investigations with Detective Hisui, secretary Kohaku, and the bodyguard with no name.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Actually the idea of tossing magi through a DnD style dungeon holds some promise.
    Consider a magus who believes the key to some breakthrough lies within some obscure ritual that the DnD manual unwittingly copied, or perhaps some kinda test gauntlet for experimental creatures (say the magus believed the path to the root lied in recreating phantasmal creautures) or even some kinda dream thing to steal something (knowledge, life energy, whatever) from the participants.
    The precise methodology can vary, it could be a physical dungeon, a modern complex that merely resembles a dungeon, some kinda Kayneth at the Astoria kinda deal, a dream deal like Touko did that one time, or even a prototype of the Extra soul hackery stuff.
    The motivation for the characters would be investigating the rash of disappearances within the area, tracking down the rogue magus, or simply survival, depending on who you pick.
    Eligible characters are actually fairly varied, Shirou is easy mode, Rin and Bazett and Luvia are also plausible under the premise of investigating [a potential rogue magus/a rash of disappearances under their jurisdiction/on hire by someone else]. Non-magus characters like the Tsukihime cast are also available assuming they were kidnapped with magecraft assistance or randomly wandered in, taking notes from Want Left Mind Flayers.

So yeah there's possibilities here, you just need to expand your cast and setting possibilities outside of FSN so it comes out less forced.

Blog Entries
    Visual example of some trope bingo cards with absolutely no assertion as to the desirability of the tropes utilized (just using google images search):

Spoiler:

Of course when I went fishing ABO reared its ugly head. Anyway, basically we could as a community wrangle together a more specific and appropriate list of prompts. I have some ideas for how to do that but I can't articulate them right now due to brain pain. Also, we could make the grid smaller for a round in a community that's this relatively small in terms of active writers.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    ...'sex pollen'
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Is a respectable and tried fanfiction trope.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    cool
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    That's cool.

- - - Updated - - -

The bingo thing, not whatever the hell that sex pollen is.
    Quotes
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For the bingo card thing, what would the preferred word estimate for each bingo section be roughly?