Page 3339 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 23392839323932893329333433373338333933403341 ... LastLast
Results 66,761 to 66,780 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Scarred Red is a more accurate term. 傷んだ赤 sounds like some sort of wound.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's interesting. It's "Disgraced Scarlet," in the official subtitles, but I felt like it must be clearer in Japanese.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    スカー・レッド
    傷んだ赤

傷んだ赤 = scarred red = スカー・レッド = SCAR-RED = SCAR-LET

it's untranslatable because you can't adequately render the lameness of the pun in english
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sure we can, we have Toby on our side.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Scarlet woman, hmu for business inquiries TM

Blog Entries
    so where are the rest of the Cluedo characters huh
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Professor Plum is a quick-witted, sometimes young or middle-aged professor who rolls last in the game.

In Clue Master Detective, his full name is Edgar Plum and is depicted as a shady archaeologist and the head of the local school's Archaeology Department.
    found Cornelius

Blog Entries
    A story I've had in my mind for over a year, but probably will never make. Kiritsugu summons Sanson while Kirei summons Sigurd. Simple, but with potential for interesting fight pairings, some character growth, changing how some events occur wile outright preventing others, and possibly changing the ending. That's about the long and short of it.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    found Cornelius
    So is Araya Reverend Green?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    So has anyone attempted a recent Third Holy Grail War fanfiction yet?

I want to know if I'm still 'in the running'. Far as I know there has only ever been, like, two. Including mine.

If there has I'd like to read it 'cause I ain't never finishing mine, lol. On that vein, has there been any recent Grand Order lore for Morgana le Fay? If anything I still want to write the moment in my version where she summons an army of dead samurai and it's the Nazis and Japanese Army and Servants vs undead and then she just drops Vortigern on them (or something equally as crazy, hall of a hundred knights?) if that's still plausible. Probably is, yeah?

Any thoughts? Yes to samurai zombies? No to samurai zombies? A giant black dragon?
    Last edited by Historia; March 12th, 2021 at 04:46 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A few tidbits, more in Case Files than in FGO, but Morgan has gigantic signs pointing to her being properly introduced this April or June.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    So has anyone attempted a recent Third Holy Grail War fanfiction yet?

I want to know if I'm still 'in the running'. Far as I know there has only ever been, like, two. Including mine.

If there has I'd like to read it 'cause I ain't never finishing mine, lol. On that vein, has there been any recent Grand Order lore for Morgana le Fay? If anything I still want to write the moment in my version where she summons an army of dead samurai and it's the Nazis and Japanese Army and Servants vs undead and then she just drops Vortigern on them (or something equally as crazy, hall of a hundred knights?) if that's still plausible. Probably is, yeah?

Any thoughts? Yes to samurai zombies? No to samurai zombies? A giant black dragon?
    People have thrown out ideas, but I still think yours is among the only ones actually fleshed out in writing. Also, haven't seen too many in a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    A few tidbits, more in Case Files than in FGO, but Morgan has gigantic signs pointing to her being properly introduced this April or June.
    Looking forward to it...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    to the next ten years. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I've been toying with the idea of writing a fanfic about the 5th Holy Grail War where another effect of Kiritsugu's attempt to destroy the Grail caused a situation where it was like two Grail Wars happening at the same time. In effect, the number of Masters was up to at least 14. One of the reasons I wanted to do this is to get Artoria and Mordred to fight each other.

The one thing that I am having trouble with is that I want to add Miyu in it somehow, though not with the cross-dimensional origin. She could just be a gifted and lonely young mage who also sees Shirou as a big brother figure. I am having trouble figuring out who her servant should be and want wish she would want. I am thinking of picking her servant from the Archer, Lancer, or Extra classes.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    That's an interesting idea.

I wrote up an idea for a short mystery fic in the vein of El-Melloi II Case Files this afternoon. I'm not going to write it, but I wanted to leave it here for posterity:

Summary: Tohsaka and Shirou, aided by El-Melloi II, Luvia, maybe Gray, and at least two others, hunt a Dybbuk possessing and killing victims in London. One of the OCs should be a Clock Tower student specializing in Kabbalah, another should be a Church exorcist, and a friend of the first OC.

(If Gray is on the team, the resemblance to Saber has already been explained to them.)

Should take place in 2010. Shirou has already gone to the Middle-East for a period of time and come back.

• Setting up the mystery:

All the victims are mages (obviously) and appear to have committed suicide, but not in ways that would make sense for someone looking to escape.
    eg. One slashed their own throat.
    Another got up on a chair, drove an azoth sword through their chest and into a stone wall, and kicked the chair over and hung there to bleed out.
    Another swallowed hemlock.
    Another broke both of their legs with curses and set their home on fire.

One however simply hanged themselves. Their next of kin comes to El-Melloi II, for help, though Shirou has already started looking into the deaths himself to try and keep more people from dying. The victim’s son is a Kabbalist, and he confirms that his father was one as well. He also has a friend who’s an exorcist. An unlikely friendship, but they’re friends nonetheless.
    His father’s research was stolen the day before he killed himself, and he wants to know who took it.

Tohsaka and Shirou figure out the methodology behind the killings: all the victims killed themselves in ways that destroyed their magic crests. They wonder what anyone would stand to gain by doing this. Mages kill each other all the time, but destroying a magic crest could have the entire Clock Tower in an uproar if word got out about it. There are few things that would provoke other mages more than that.

When they bring this information to Waver, he and Gray immediately check what Seigen’s doing. This isn’t what the parasitic existence in his magic crest would do, but they feel it best to look at every angle. He’s still not quite himself, but he claims not to have left the Clock Tower grounds at all since the incident at Adra Castle, and the Enforcer keeping an eye on him in confinement confirms that he’s been behaving himself. Seigen does however mention that no sane mage would destroy magic crests.

Tohsaka determines that all the victims were members of a guild within the Clock Tower, while Luvia goes around looking into their activities (with Gray, if included).

The Kabbalist has an idea of what’s going on. The following night, there’s another suicide, but his exorcist friend is called out on a job by the church. He mentions at this time that he’s convinced that the culprit is a Dybbuk. Specifically, the Dybbuk of his father.

While meeting one of the members of this guild, Luvia discovers that the members needed the Kabbalist’s father to sacrifice the most valuable material possession he owned to complete a ritual that brought them considerably closer to the Root through a metaphysical application of alchemy on their magic crests, advancing all their research by decades. They all made sacrifices, however he wouldn’t make his. However they required exactly thirty-six sacrifices on a specific date. When he refused to uphold his part of the bargain, they threatened his son, and he gave up the item in question: a Torah scroll. Authentic, kosher, and written on cowhide with a quill made from a turkey’s feather. An odd item for a heretic to possess, but it didn’t particularly matter. It was ashes now.

Luvia reports this, and the Kabbalist’s son is utterly stupefied by the revelation. He first mentions how much such an artifact costs to make by modern standards (making Luvia and Rin balk), then adds that it had been in the family for generations, having been made by the family’s founder. Which all is only a lead-up to the fact that his family didn’t have a magic crest: their research was encoded in that Torah scroll, which functioned as a mystic code, and at its current age, was almost at the level of a minor Noble Phantasm.

The other members of the guild likely didn’t know this, but that didn’t make them any less guilty of committing one of the most grievous atrocities mages can commit in the eyes of their contemporaries. However the Kabbalist’s son doesn’t want to kill people, and commits to bringing his father’s spirit to rest.

Knowing the next victim would be among a group of people that had been shrinking nightly since this started, Waver buys everyone cell phones to keep in immediate contact if the Dybbuk shows itself, and they each go to a different member’s house. They get lucky so-to-speak, and Svin catches the Dybbuk as it possesses its next victim, calling each of the others in turn to get them over to his location.

They confront the Dybbuk, but fail to reason with it, so they enlist the help of the exorcist friend, who has to be shown how to perform a specific kind of exorcism based on Kabbalist ritual.

There’s a climactic scene, and begin falling action.

The Kabbalist’s son decides to start working on a proper crest, Shirou and Rin make dinner plans, Luvia takes Gray and Reines shopping and Svin eagerly comes along to carry Gray’s bags.
    Feel free to use this if you want it.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm very bad at finishing projects, so I just wanted to check what people thought before I started fleshing out info. I'm planning on writing a take on the First Holy Grail War. Now I know that that war wasn't the same as the later incarnations, but I wanted to put forward some of my thoughts to see if they panned out lore wise and the like.

Set Masters
    Makiri Zouken - The usual stuff from him, might have some fun with his worms to give him more ways to be creepy and intimidating.

Nagato Tohsaka - Nominal protag. I don't believe the Tohsaka had jewel magecraft at this point, did they? I have some terrible ideas if they did.

Justeaze von Einzbern - I think lore dictated she was turned into the greater grail before the war even started? I'm not sure, was kinda planning on having her be the Einzbern master.

Nagato's Daughter - To my understanding, she was better at the whole magic thing than her dad and was quite useful in establishing the whole affair. Was thinking she might be an extra master with Zelretch in her corner, perhaps giving her Ruby to mess with her.

Other ideas
    Ryuudou Monk - To my understanding, Ryuudou temple used to have Houjutsushi, so I figured the Three Families would invite some closer to home mages like them?

Sakatsuki Mage? - A member of this reserved clan, taking a spot despite objections of opening their family up to the wider world of Magi.

Uryuu's Ancestor - Somebody from Ryuunosuke's lineage since they apparently used magecraft in the past.

Shirou's Ancestor - Since we don't know their family name, I guess somebody Senji? Just a wild guess, probably not gonna go with this one.

Priest - While there was no supervisor, it's just not Fate without a terrible priest. Since the Tohsakas were hidden Christians, I assume there must be Church influence somewhere in Fuyuki, perhaps the more zealous, wipe out all magic type to create a more definitive antagonist?
    Last edited by Hawkeye; April 22nd, 2021 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Muramasa is the given name. The family name is Senji.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Muramasa is the given name. The family name is Senji.
    Seriously?! For years I thought Muramasa was the family name and his given name was Senji/Sengo. Damn... What about Masamune? Was that a given name too? My entire knowledge of Japanese Swordsmithing naming convention has taken a hit from that not gonna lie. I guess I shall fix my post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Okay, so I'm watching Apocrypha again recently, and a thought occurs to me: We've seen fics that contrive various reasons for alternative or just MORE Servants to be summoned into the Great Holy Grail War, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone try what might be the more subtle, but also kind of OBVIOUS idea: We know that ever since Darnic yoinked the Greater Grail back in the 30s, there have been a number of 'Lesser' Grail Wars in the intervening years.

So then, what if over the course of these other wars, there have been a handful of Servants that actually managed to do what Shirou did and just... stuck around.

Basically, what if shortly after she was summoned in the French countryside, Jeanne D'Arc happens to run into a very sweet, friendly girl who just so happens to bear a striking resemblance to a certain Austrian-born French Queen.

And is also definitely ​a Rider-class Servant.