Page 3340 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 23402840324032903330333533383339334033413342 LastLast
Results 66,781 to 66,800 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    This isn't Xenforo you can't at-tag
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It worked tho
    canon finish apo vol 3

Still torn whether making the setting a lostbelt/singularity or just stick to the old classic alternate earth idea for a setting.

Basically it's a comic book city (with the tropes associated with the genre). I already made peace knowing that it would never take place in the main nasuverse because of incompatibility.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lostbelt suggests Chaldea, which could be unnecessary baggage.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Lostbelt suggests Chaldea, which could be unnecessary baggage.
    That's true but lostbelt also means that it is just this one city instead of a brand new world.

Not to mention, actual stakes because if this story is told from a native's perspective, the endgame would be this whole city is in danger of being destroyed.

Im all for new earth but it also has its own problem about how to make this one unique. I have my own ideas how but there is a lot to consider with alternative history.

Not exactly a suggestion, but I didnt know where to ask. Are there any Zelretch vs Crimson Moon fanfics? I always wanted to know people's thoughts on how this fight happened

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifreet23 View Post
    Not exactly a suggestion, but I didnt know where to ask. Are there any Zelretch vs Crimson Moon fanfics? I always wanted to know people's thoughts on how this fight happened
    Here you go.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    what if

kotomine

but gay

koto-me-gay

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You might be a bit late on that one, he did spend ten years doing nothing but getting drunk with the blonde Adonis he keeps in his basement.

Also obligatory catholic priest keeps children in his cellar joke.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

So, this isn't an idea I plan on writing. I just found myself writing up the outline for a post-UBW-timeline El-Melloi II Case Files-style story. I don't have enough time these days, but if anyone feels like taking on this idea, let me know.

To be honest, I think it would work just as well without Shirou and Tohsaka, but I feel like there haven't been very many post-VN stories about regular mage-life conflicts, so I figured that adding them to Waver's roster of moderate mages would add another layer of interest.

Tohsaka and Shirou, aided by El-Melloi II, Luvia, maybe Gray, and at least two other Clock Tower students, hunt down the source of several supernatural killings in London. One of the students should be a Kabbalist, another should be a Church exorcist.

(If Gray is on the team, the resemblance to Saber has already been explained to them, so that shouldn't be a plot point.)

Should take place in 2010. Shirou has already gone to the Middle East for a period of time and come back.

Setting up the mystery:

• All the victims are mages (obviously) and appear to have committed suicide, but not in ways that would make sense for someone looking to escape.
    • eg. One slashed their own throat.
    • Another got up on a chair, drove an azoth sword through their chest and into a stone wall, and kicked the chair over and hung there to bleed out.
    • Another swallowed hemlock.
    • Another mangled both of their legs with curses and set their home on fire.

One however, simply hanged themselves. Their next of kin comes to El-Melloi II, for help, though Shirou has already started looking into the deaths himself to try and keep more people from dying. The victim’s son is a Kabbalist, and he confirms that his father was one as well. He also has a friend who’s an exorcist. An unlikely friendship, but they’re friends nonetheless.
    His father’s research was stolen the day before he killed himself, and he wants to know who took it.

Tohsaka and Shirou figure out the methodology behind the killings: all the victims killed themselves in ways that destroyed their magic crests. They wonder what anyone would stand to gain by doing this. Mages kill each other all the time, but destroying a magic crest could have the entire Clock Tower in an uproar if word got out about it. There are few things that would provoke other mages more than that.

When they bring this information to Waver, he and Gray immediately check what Seigen’s doing. This isn’t what the parasitic existence in his magic crest would do, but they feel it best to look at every angle. He’s still not quite himself, but he claims not to have left the Clock Tower grounds at all since the incident at Adra Castle, and the Enforcer keeping an eye on him in confinement confirms that he’s been behaving himself. Seigen does however mention that no sane mage would destroy magic crests.

Tohsaka determines that all the victims were members of a guild within the Clock Tower, while Luvia goes around looking into their activities (with Gray, if included).

The Kabbalist has an idea of what’s going on. The following night, there’s another suicide, but his exorcist friend is called out on a job by the church. He mentions at this time that he’s convinced that the culprit is a Dybbuk. Specifically, the Dybbuk of his father.

While meeting one of the members of this guild, Luvia discovers that the members needed the Kabbalist’s father to sacrifice the most valuable material possession he owned to complete a ritual that brought them considerably closer to the Root through a metaphysical application of alchemy on their magic crests, advancing all their research by decades. They all made sacrifices, however he wouldn’t make his. However they required exactly thirty-six sacrifices on a specific date. When he refused to uphold his part of the bargain, they threatened his son, and he gave up the item in question: a Torah scroll. Authentic, kosher, and written on cowhide with a quill made from a turkey’s feather. An odd item for a heretic to possess, but it didn’t particularly matter. It was ashes now.

Luvia reports this, and the Kabbalist’s son is utterly stupefied by the revelation. He first mentions how much such an artifact costs to make by modern standards (making Luvia and Rin balk), then adds that it had been in the family for generations, having been made by the family’s founder. Which all is only a lead-up to the fact that his family didn’t have a magic crest: their research was encoded in that Torah scroll, which functioned as a mystic code, and at its current age, was almost at the level of a minor Noble Phantasm.

The other members of the guild likely didn’t know this, but that didn’t make them any less guilty of committing one of the most grievous atrocities mages can commit in the eyes of their contemporaries. However the Kabbalist’s son doesn’t want to kill people, and commits to bringing his father’s spirit to rest.

Knowing the next victim would be among a group of people that had been shrinking nightly since this started, Waver buys everyone cell phones to keep in immediate contact if the Dybbuk shows itself, and they each go to a different member’s house. They get lucky so-to-speak, and Svin/Flat/Caules catches the Dybbuk as it possesses its next victim, calling each of the others in turn to get them over to his location. Caules might be best for this since he wouldn't have trouble using the cell phone.

They confront the Dybbuk, but fail to reason with it, so they enlist the help of the exorcist friend, who has to be shown how to perform a specific kind of exorcism based on Kabbalist ritual.

There’s a climactic scene, and begin falling action.

The Kabbalist’s son decides to start working on a proper crest, Shirou and Rin make dinner plans, Luvia takes Gray and Reines shopping and Svin eagerly comes along to carry Gray’s bags.

So, any thoughts? Is the general concept any good? Do the motivations make sense? Any ideas for refinement if I ever decide to pick this up?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Random Fanfic Ideas I just came up with:
    After the fourth holy grail war, the SCP Foundation finds out about mages and tries to interact with them both in the clock tower and by sending in a person for HGW 5
    The fifth holy grail war, but with the proto servants (but same masters)
    The third holy grail war, but the Einzberns decided to summon a Foreigner instead of an Avenger
    A fourth holy grail war where Kiritsugu didn’t exist (with a sequel for the fifth holy grail war)
    Advice?

Blog Entries
    there's already an SCP Foundation in TM it's called the Holy Church

- - - Updated - - -

and the Carillon Observatory i guess
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    The foundation works differently than the church (like actually doing their job)

Blog Entries
    i just don't see the point of an organization that "secure contain and protect" "supernatural entities" in TM when Sealing Designation and the Counter Force exists

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NielleiN View Post
    The third holy grail war, but the Einzberns decided to summon a Foreigner instead of an Avenger
    Wait for confirmation that this what Requiem is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    i just don't see the point of an organization that "secure contain and protect" "supernatural entities" in TM when Sealing Designation and the Counter Force exists
    You're thinking about SCP as they are in their own lore. The potential comes when you think about SCP as they are IRL. I'm not sure if this was Niel's intention, but there's a lot you can do with the concept of internet larpers coming across real Mystery and struggling to sort out the differences between their highly catalogued fantasies and the actual world of magecraft.
    Last edited by Comun; May 12th, 2022 at 11:09 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    My idea was that they’d be doing their own thing and not know about the bs going on in the mage world until the 4th war tipped them off. And Counter Force kinda sucks at its job.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know much about Requiem

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking of the Foundation as they are in lore. But thinking of them are horror writers who stumbled on the HGW could be very interesting!

Blog Entries
    hmmm, that actually could work then.

would probably work best if you tie them to the SPR, the organization mentioned in Edison, Helena and Holmes' backstory. I also remember reading somewhere that public paranormal organization in TM are almost always honey trapped by Clock Tower mages, so there's also that I guess.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    If they are just horror writers, then through bullshit and exceptions, what if they summon a character from the Foundation, like Dr. Bright, Aaron Siegel, or an SCP? Maybe as a counter servant or something

Blog Entries
    there are probably many Secret Societies and Paranormal Organizations throughout history (even within TM lore) that has the same role as the SCP foundation, use these instead.

you can even argue that the British Museum (aka Clock Tower HQ) itself is just one big SCP building.