Page 3341 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 2341284132413291333133363339334033413342 LastLast
Results 66,801 to 66,820 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wrote this piece as some kind of introduction to a notes x Fate crossover that I'd been pondering together with some other people. I doubt I will ever expand on the concept, so I'll just dump in here so I can pretend there was some point to me writing it.

Fate2104

The year turned 2104.

Humanity had long since ceased celebrating such occasions.

Roaring hellfire burned across the streets. In an instant, the core of the city had vaporized.

There was tranquillity to be enjoyed in the epicenter of such destruction. The death had left no immediate suffering to disturb the freshly created landscape. A landscape of smoldering ruin.

Surely, on the border of this destruction, lamentation and clamoring could still be heard. But not in the center. All had already perished. It was in some sense, a beautiful view.

This was the 7th one. The final piece. The fabricated piece. A self-inflicted wound.

Without it, the circumstances would not line up in the manner required for the ritual. And so it had needed a cruel judgment.

In this place, where hope had long since perished, where every year past 1999 was an unsolicited overstay, only the cruel could persist.

The death count numbered 2,320,477 lives. Unlike 7, this number had no meaning. Their lives no longer bore any meaning. Yet their deaths would.

A wind blew across the infernal hellscape. The billowing smoke erupting from the carcass of the inner-city covered the skies. Thus, the skies were gray. Thus, the skies were red.

And beneath the wreckage, something stirred. Had it been any of the lifeforms that still inhabited the dying planet, then surely it would not have been able to survive the onslaught of death that had visited the place.

Once more, it stirred.

And then, the tranquillity broke.

The fractured state of humanity had left its will without direction. It could no longer provide protection for its herd. Not because it was impotent to do so, but rather because it did not know who to protect.

Who to destroy.

But this was unprecedented. The threat was clear now. Though there was no evil to extinguish, no beast to slay, the order had to be upheld.

And so the records were consulted. And with it, they descended.

It was just as it had once been.

7 was the number needed. 7 was the number they heeded. 7 was the number that had been ceded. Onto destruction.

Once more, legends walked the earth. They who had until now declined the call to aid humanity in their last struggles, had finally found an effort worthy of their stature.

The stirrings grew, and from within the wreckage a figure burst. It was not a man, or a beast, or a living being at all. It was the trappings of a machine, wrought in the shape of a man.

Its metal frame cried out in agony as humanity's last wishes flowed into it. It seemed as if neither the machine, or the ghosts, had wished for their union.

It was an agonizing scream, one never before heard on the planet’s surface. It was clear now. Even in these moments did the ugliness of humanity not relent.

Those who had cried out of help, for salvation in face of such inhumane destruction, would not have their wishes fulfilled. The reason for the destruction had indeed been simply this:

To enslave the last path humanity had remaining for their salvation.

It bent and conformed, the inner pumps and machinery being hastily re-assembled to accommodate and form into a proper vessel for the ghosts that now inhabited it.

Pain had to be created, for pain is what it felt. And so pain was made.

Yet it would never be a perfect replica of the heroes that struggled within its chassi. No body was meant to be inhabited by so many. Compromises between them had to be made.

And not only that, but machine could never be human. Ought never to be human. This was a necessary step in the creation of the warrior that was being forged in the hellish landscape.

There stood the hero of the sword, languishing in agony.

SERIAL NUMBER: 07
    CLASSIFICATION: “SABER”
    DESIGNATION: “KING OF KNIGHTS”

So read the inscriptions, having been carved there before the conjunction.

A slave once again subject to the wishes of a sole individual. A Servant bound to a Master.

7 “HEROES” have been resurrected into a mold of steel and circuits.

The place they have arrived at is not merely the places of slaughter that their own crucibles represent. It is the land that has surpassed the year of the Prophecy.

The children of Earth have valiantly persisted past their destined expiration date. And so their mother looks on in worry, the wounds inflicted upon her those of her own offspring.

The poison released from her soon-to-be corpse is beginning to fill the air, slowly choking out the life that still remains.

And yet… yet they persist.

They persist in their wicked ways. Humanity has begun its fracture. What should have been their final nail in the coffin has turned into a newfound strength.

Grain, the very poison that harbings humanity’s ultimate demise, gave rise to A-RAYs, the so-called Hundred Subspecies. For humanity, they represent the future, and the end of their own.

In order to survive, Grain must be conquered.

The 7 “HEROES” were thus called forth. In order to oppose the creation of the A-RAYs first step towards domination, they fight back.

The Six Sisters have come, intent on leading a new Primate Species towards the domination of the dying husk that still remains.

This is a battle… to preserve what little future there is left.
    Last edited by Petrikow; May 18th, 2022 at 11:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, this fucks.

I guess it would be appropriate for Servants to show up during Notes, huh? They probably would have on their own accord if the Counter Force was alive.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Oh wow, this fucks.

I guess it would be appropriate for Servants to show up during Notes, huh? They probably would have on their own accord if the Counter Force was alive.
    Perhaps.

My thoughts were that the fractured state of "humanity" in the world of Notes has rendered it pointless. The will of man no longer bears consensus regarding who or what is evil, or what has to be done to preserve which species.

Blog Entries
    There's a kind of optimism in that, I think. The natural theme seems to me to be something like "even if we're lost in the future, we'll have the past to look back to for guidance".

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe I'm just coming in with my biases that grimdark exists to be Gurren Lagann'd, laff

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You certainly have a more optimistic outlook on the situation than I did when I wrote this.

This story was meant to be almost comically edgy.

Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with some edge. Everyone needs a bit of cathartic angst now and then.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

マリーの味方
    what servants would be fun to see in a murder mystery (ala And Then There Were None)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Does it have to be official servants

Blog Entries
    Douman.

Shockingly, he didn't do it. But he knows who did, and he's not telling because it's funnier that way.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    So I’ve been wanting to do an SCP-Fate crossover fic for a while and these are my three ideas of how to make it work.
    In the Apocrypha timeline, the Foundation finds what they are calling the “Clock Tower GoI” and sends in agents to deal with it. However, those agents somehow end up being suckered into the Great Holy Grail War as the Gray Team. Hijinks ensue as the Blacks and Reds make an alliance to deal with the Gray’s interference and stuff happens.
    Similar to idea #1, the Foundation finds the Clock Tower and after learning about magic circuits, find agents with unusually high levels of them and send them in as infiltrators. This is more of a discovery/information warfare type of fic with the Foundation learning more about the deep Mystery and finding strange artifacts they don’t understand. There's also sort of a Harry potter aspect when as their cover story is being from 1st gen families, they get bullied in the Clock Tower.
    During HGW 5, a group of friends who write for the Foundation (the fandom) and live in Fuyuki are blissfully unaware of true Mystery or the HGW. However, a strange godlike entity is fucking with the war and due to their secondhand knowledge of how to deal with anomalies and weird stuff, the Counter Force gives them Servants and makes them their own team in the war. I haven’t decided yet whether or not they all communally summon one Counter Servant that represents the collective will of the Foundation and can take multiple forms/bodies (Similar to how Watcher does it in FSF) that are Foundation personnel or if they each individually summon Counter Servants who are Foundation personnel (Dr. Gears, Dr. Bright, Dr. Kondraki, etc). Which idea is better? They kinda go nuts and have trouble telling real magic Mystery from their carefully designed and cataloged fantasies
    Of these three concepts, which would you say is the most interesting and fun.

I've been formulating an idea in my head as I have been playing/reading Fate. I majored in history and in one of my courses I wrote a paper on the disappearance of the Beothuk people indigenous to Newfoundland. Basically nobody knows why they actually went extinct since they chose not to interact with colonists.

My idea is for a story where they were wiped out by servants consuming their souls. This would be part of an experimental Holy Grail War conducted by North American mages during the 1850s to test how far a Holy Grail can be stretched. The two parameters of the experiment were: a) How long can a Grail War last and b) how large an area can be impacted.

I'm not sure what servants would be summoned. However I'm planning to have Cain be the protagonist, not as a servant but an immortal who happened to have settled there.

Are my ideas congruent with the Fate universe?

Blog Entries
    Holy Grail War, but the participants commit a Genocide is definitely a new one.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Might as well meme it up while you're at it. Hitler, Stalin, Pol pot, Altera, Cortez, someone from the Us Army who fought the First Nations, maybe a Crusades Pope. The All-Stars.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Holy Grail War, but the participants commit a Genocide is definitely a new one.
    A less loaded example on that theme might be the vanishing of the Roanoke colony for a mysterious disappearance that could be magical/Servant-induced in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Might as well meme it up while you're at it. Hitler, Stalin, Pol pot, Altera, Cortez, someone from the Us Army who fought the First Nations, maybe a Crusades Pope. The All-Stars.
    I'd think that would take away from the atmosphere I could create with the setting, I'd imagine it having a Gothic feel in homage go Nathaniel Hawthorne and Edgar Allen Poe. For lack of a better word it would need to feel distinctly Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    A less loaded example on that theme might be the vanishing of the Roanoke colony for a mysterious disappearance that could be magical/Servant-induced in nature.
    That's a good idea too, I'll take that into consideration. I'm just more familiar with the circumstances of the Beothuk from my previous research but with some effort I'm sure I could work that out as well. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I have two ideas for a Fate/Extra-like fic (with a little bit of Fate/Requiem in there too). One's a little more simplified, the other's meant as an 'inversion' of Extra's premise (i.e., aliens finding a human archive)

The simplified version takes place on a human Sleeper Ship heading through the galaxy. So its inhabitants' brains don't atrophy, they spend their time within a Virtual Reality modelled after the Moon-Cell (someone said on Discord that I should just make it a converted Moon-Cell), where naturally the Holy Grail War as sport becomes a popular pastime... until things of course go awry

The other set-up I had in mind for this fic is that a now vanished humanity eventually constructed its own great computer archive, which is eventually found on the planetoid Eris by aliens. The aliens decide to use the archive to conduct a Holy Grail War as a way of studying what humanity was like, and again it goes awry

Give the space setting, stuff from Notes like Grain and Knight Arms would also play a part

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I also thought about this Idea into a WIP fanfic of my own called Fate/Beta Exodus. It's still in the early stages but it's aligned with what you said except the aliens haven't discovered the ship yet

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries

Fate/Existentialism

After the first Holy Grail War, now designated Grail War Alpha, the damage to the world was intense. The winner wished for time to reset and none to remember GWA but it’s participants. Now, a new threat emerges. Seeing the world ending power of the Grail War, a new organization “United Abnormality Compact” was started by one of the participants of the old war. Now, a new war with the same participants has stated again and this time with new odd classes like Dreamer and Jester showing up to shake things up!

What do you think of this fanfic concept?
    Last edited by NielleiN; October 25th, 2022 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NielleiN View Post
    After the first Holy Grail War, now designated Grail War Alpha, the damage to the world was intense. The winner wished for time to reset and none to remember GWA but it’s participants. Now, a new threat emerges. Seeing the world ending power of the Grail War, a new organization “United Abnormality Compact” was started by one of the participants of the old war. Now, a new war with the same participants has stated again and this time with new odd classes like Dreamer and Jester showing up to shake things up!

What do you think of this fanfic concept?
    I think it's got basically nothing. New classes are whatever without a reason to exist. A story's more than a setting.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.