Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2429323334

Thread: General Light Novel Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nanatsu Maken VI

I still continue to believe this author is 449 of ex-N+ fame. The whole expose on aerial sword combat in power armor on broom sticks was almost directly taken from CH2 of muramasa. So good.

Rest of the book was slower, and more for building up the conflicts with various tensions throughout- the 'transfer' student, Professor MacFarlane snooping around now not only the students but the other faculty (and his own 'rat' to snoop the student body is still unknown), the principal now taking a leading roll, the relationships between the mcs group growing in the strange way it did, the 'Illuminati' esque group trying to cause a rift between the teachers, the upcoming student counsel election, a lot of things were built up but nothing really was sorted out. I wanna say this is the first book so far that didn't have too much of a climax- the battle between Nanao and Ashbury being probably most apt to being the proper climax of the book. Left a lot on the table and nothing really eaten. Excited for what comes next.
    Last edited by Cruor; September 11th, 2022 at 12:21 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finished Tomozaki Volume 8.
    Spoiler:
    [WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT CLIFFHANGER HOLY SHIT, POOR FUKA

TOMOZAKI YOU NEED TO CARE FOR YOUR GF, YOU'VE GOT NO TIME TO NORMIE IT UP

ALSO THAT GAMER GIRL IS BAD NEWS WHAT TWENTY-YEAR-OLD PROPOSITIONS A HIGH SCHOOLER FOR SEX

...At least Tomozaki's got some real self-confidence now. It's hilarious seeing the other Smash players hail him as an S-tier IRL. And he's even got a life goal now in becoming a pro gamer, you love to see it. BUT JESUS CHRIST THAT CLIFFHANGER WHAT THE FUCK]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finished Tomozaki Volume 8.5.
    Spoiler:
    [All of the parts where Tomozaki and Fuka are a cute couple just makes last volume's cliffhanger hurt more. He better fix this, I swear. It's nice to get more on Fuka and Hinami. That was a nice talk she had with Mimimi. Hinami though, damn. Did Nagisa die? Just what happened that made Hinami close herself off from even her own parents? I'm more curious than ever. She really gets some great illustrations though, whether it's her sobbing, hollow-eyed, playing with her sisters, or hamming it up as the Demon Queen. It'd be great if that Drama CD became an OVA. Finally there's Rena-chan the Deceiver. She's surprisingly immature, given that she never got over her spat from high school. RIP Vanilla lol, poor lady stood zero chance against a seasoned girlboss. Just how is Tomozaki going to deal with a lady like her?]
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finished Magistellus Volume 2.
    Spoiler:
    [Man, I didn't expect Bloody Dancer at all. That was a good twist. I also dig the contrast between Takamasa and Kaname and how they both truly respect the other. That'll make their rivalry for the Legacies even better. Dunno how much I care about Lily-Kiska and the other Ag Wolves though. LMAO at Kamachi straight-up saying that Tselika is for bullying.]
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I have been reading re:zero lately and it has dawned upon me that Priscilla is pretty much female Gilgamesh. She even has the same hair and eye color.
    No wonder I found her to be the most rapeable character I have ever seen. I have always thought a female Gilgamesh would be prime rape bait.
    Spoiler:

My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finished Tomozaki Volume 9.
    Spoiler:
    [OMG THEY KISSED YES

I was so worried that they'd break up, especially after Tomozaki couldn't abandon Hinami or himself. Thank god Fuka stepped up. Writer Mode Fuka is scary, though. Possessive Enthusiastic GF Fuka is super cute. I like how we got to see more sides of her, as well as a few more chinks in Hinami's armor. Everyone's struggling and thinking things over in their own way, at that's great to read. Having an adult perspective in Ashigara is great too. BUT SPEAKING OF ADULTS, JESUS CHRIST RENA THE PREDATOR! Keep her away from Tomozaki holy shit. I cringed every time she touched him. I'm not a huge fan of how she became a comedy relief character near the end. I once again appreciate how helpful everyone is toward Tomozaki; they're paying him back for everything he's done for them.

Finally, Hinami and Tomozaki. What a reversal in who's the top-tier and who's the bottom-tier. Where do they go from there, now that Hinami's motive was exposed? I can't wait to find out.]
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi V18 is fucking fantastic and I cannot wait for it to be animated. God bless Fujino Omori. So many fantastic payoffs years in the making.
    Spoiler:
    [LEVEL SIX LYU
    ASTREA RECORD
    LYU CONFESSION
    BEST SENSEI HEDIN
    PSEUDO-ARGONAUT BELL
    OTTAR DEFEATED

I'm really curious where the former Freya Familia members will end up. Will any go to Hestia, Loki, or Hermes Familias?]
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nanatsu Maken vol 10

Spoiler:
    Zouken has got nothing on Oliver's grandfather. He is legit so far removed from our morals that yes he is pure evil but its more like if Bondrewd was put in charge of the Matou family with all the horrifying baggage that entails.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice