Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 914171819

Thread: Grill War II: In Character

Blog Entries
    Ben
    Day 2 8:30 AM
    Tohsaka Residence

Well that was fast. I didn't even have time to finish getting dressed. I wave my hand dismissively at the Servants.

"Yeah, yeah. Like that actually did anything. Besides, even if it IS real, it can't hurt." I grin at Lancer. "Unless, of course... your feelings toward our young host are less than gentlemanly?" I snicker, and continue, "besides, I worded it so that if necessary I can stop you. Like I'd need to. Oh, I should probably add, don't rape her or something, okay? Not cool."

I turn my attention to Caster, and finish putting on my pants.

"You rushed in here awful quick. Not that I'm complaining. If using these things gets someone who looks like you to show up in my bedroom, I should use them more often. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that I don't believe in 'miracles' or 'magic'. So I thought I'd test it out. And this way we get to have some fun and Lancer here gets to be a bit more honest with himself." I turn away and strap on my belt and holster.

"Even if this war isn't a total crock of shit, I don't have a wish. All I want is for the people who aren't involved to be able to live their lives." I pause, still facing away from them, and mutter to myself, "like I wasn't able to." I turn around again and head to the door. It's about time to wake our young hostess, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nigel Frostgale
    Day 2, 7:45 AM
    Einzbern Castle, Interior

"Hey, Master! Time to fuck shit up!" I say, standing beside Bloble's bed as he sleeps, my sentence punctuated by a blast from a twelve-gauge shotgun. "In case you didn't know, we've got to do some solo stuff today, unless you want to flirt with those girls a little more. Otherwise, we ought to get working on a few things today before sundown. I told you I was scouting last night, and it turns out that I can get a damn good vantage point looking out from the roof of this place, perfect for a sniper like me. The big old bridge in the center of town was busted up, and I checked out a few Servants moving around there, too. Didn't see any details, but at the very least we should stay away from the main roads and byways of town for now. I'm not sure about you but I'm certainly ready for a swim; my suit's all sewed up and if we move fast we can get downtown in a jiffy. Both of us won't look too out of the ordinary, and I happened to do a little research last night in addition to scouting. Wake up faster, and we can get to talking about it, eh?"

Bloble better not be lazy, or I'm going to just leave him here. If he won't be proactive today, then I'll accomplish my goals on my own.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Bloble
    Day 2, 7:50 AM
    Einzbern Castle, Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    "Hey, Master! Time to fuck shit up!" I say, standing beside Bloble's bed as he sleeps, my sentence punctuated by a blast from a twelve-gauge shotgun. "In case you didn't know, we've got to do some solo stuff today, unless you want to flirt with those girls a little more. Otherwise, we ought to get working on a few things today before sundown. I told you I was scouting last night, and it turns out that I can get a damn good vantage point looking out from the roof of this place, perfect for a sniper like me. The big old bridge in the center of town was busted up, and I checked out a few Servants moving around there, too. Didn't see any details, but at the very least we should stay away from the main roads and byways of town for now. I'm not sure about you but I'm certainly ready for a swim; my suit's all sewed up and if we move fast we can get downtown in a jiffy. Both of us won't look too out of the ordinary, and I happened to do a little research last night in addition to scouting. Wake up faster, and we can get to talking about it, eh?"

Bloble better not be lazy, or I'm going to just leave him here. If he won't be proactive today, then I'll accomplish my goals on my own.
    I blink my eyes open. What? He's here already? Took him long enough, I actually fell asleep waiting for him to show up earlier!

...Well, I can't be that critical. Archer was probably preparing for a day of scouting and possibly fighting. I can't fault him for that.

"Alright, I'm up, I'm up!" I yawn as I rise from bed. I'm already fully dressed. "So you want to scout the bridge? Fine with me. If someone's blown it up it's probably a foolish Master trying to limit us from going across town." But that's pretty active... first day and they've already blown the bridge? How violent...

"And I wasn't flirting with them!" A blush makes its way across my face as I remember last night -NO! No matter how tempting, I'm not going to accept a proposal to bath with a freaking child! "Geeze, those two are hard to handle. One wants me dead, and the other should by all rights have killed me last night."

"But yeah, I suppose we could fuck some shit up." I grin. I take the pistol Archer gave me from my pocket and give it a little spin. Yes! I spent all night practicing that maneuver and now I've finally got it! So cool! "So, what do you think we should focus on first? My bet's on that bridge you mentioned earlier. It sounds like a good place to start."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Apartment
    Day 2 - 6am

...Boring.

This is boring.

I've never felt so bored in my life.

Turning to my side, I see Jeanne's still sleeping.
    yawwwn...

Crap, seeing her sleep is making me feel like I need to take a nap too.

... ... ... Argh, it pisses me off for some reason!
    "Jeanne. Oi, Jeanne."

I walk over to her, squatting down so that her face was at eye-level.
    "Wake up. It's mornin' already."

As I said that, I started poking her cheek.
    "Oi~"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Elyrin
    Apartment
    6 AM

Sleep is good. I've always liked sleeping, especially during the day, when it keeps me from having to do work I don't want to do. So, I was of course annoyed when Lancer tried to get me out of bed. Screw that. I'm safe inside the apartment, so I can get away with sleeping in.

...I should probably tell him to go away, but that takes too much effort. He probably wouldn't listen anyway. I'll just wait until he gives up.

*poke*

Fuck you, Lancer. Leave me alone and get back to doing whatever it is you were doing a few minutes ago.

*poke*

...fine, be that way. If you won't stop on your own, I'll make you stop. I turn my head slightly towards him as he prepares to poke me a third time, and bite his finger when he tries. Hard. He's lucky he's a Heroic Spirit, or he might have ended up losing his index finger.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Caster
    Tohsaka Residence
    Day 2, 8:30 am

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    "Yeah, yeah. Like that actually did anything. Besides, even if it IS real, it can't hurt."
    "Tch."
    I thought so. This man...he doesn't believe that magic exists. But then, how can he be a Master? He, must be unconsciously channeling prana into his weapons. That certainly is a strange occurrence, but- it is not beneficial for him to keep believing that magic is something false. Perhaps I, as a Caster, would be able to prevent him from wasting any more precious Command Spells.

She turned to him, the faintest trace of a smile on her solemn face. "Hmm. Well, as a Servant of the Caster class I am obligated to defend these accusations of false magic. May I demonstrate my magic to you, then? I will use no physical weapons, and you are free to use whatever methods you wish to attempt to defeat me. You may lay your terms."

She sent a message to her Master, who was apparently still sleeping. "Master. I am sorry for doing this, but I feel it necessary to convince our allies of the existence and importance of magic."

"Well then, please gather your weapons. I would like to get this over with as soon as possible so that we may prepare further for attacks."
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Apartment
    6am

"GOD FUCKING DAMMI--"

....Okay, calm down. Deep breaths.

GOD THAT HURT.
    Fucking Jeanne..
    All I was trying to do was to wake her up, and THIS is what I get?

I let out a sigh, and glare at my master.
    "Good mornin'"

Blog Entries
    Allan
    Tohsaka Residence

Allan woke up a bit unexpectedly --- last night, he and Ben had gotten a few drinks. Which was quite enjoyable. Albeit he tried to appear tough to Ben....He actually got completely wasted with very few glasses, and were it not for Caster's message, he'd continue sleeping until god knows how long.

He stood up from the bed, and took around five seconds to even realize what the message meant.

Shit, I have to hurry! ....Because it'll be pretty interesting. Huhuhu.

Although the last few days he was under pressure due to the grail war, he actually got quite a bit more lax and more open after meeting Ben. Whether it's because of the alliance, or because of how carefree Ben acts, is unknown to him.

Well, considering he actually somehow managed to convince Caster to act on something...this should be really fun.

He quickly tried to change his clothes(and unbeknownest to him, failing at it), and got out of his room.

He barged into Ben's room, with his hair badly done, with the same going for his clothes.

Unnoticed by him, however, were his tail. And his ears. And his paws. And his eyes, which were turned red. Compensating for it, however, all the others in the room noticed the strange features.

"Hey, Caster, what are you going to do!?" He said as soon as he entered.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Blog Entries
    Ben
    Day 2 8:30 am

Tohsaka Residence

I stop before I can reach the door. Any method I choose, hm? I turn back to Caster.

"Why don't we make this interesting, hm? Standard manga bet. Loser has to do whatever the winner wants. Within reason, of course. No 'kill your Master/Servant' and such. Deal?"

"What is this manga you speak of?" Her response. Ah well, I should have guessed.

I wave dismissively. "It's not important. Do you agree to the terms?"

"Very well then."

Lancer. Strike now. Nonlethal, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Caster
    Tohsaka Residence

She turned towards her Master as he ran excitedly into the room. Opening her mouth, she was about to apologize to her Master when-
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Lancer. Strike now.
    She…didn’t expect him to use his Servant. Lancer. Would Lancer really interfere?

There is not much time to waste. I suppose I should act before Lancer attacks.

She didn’t turn back, still facing her Master. A soft word issued from her lips. “ㄟ”

The bed in the room rose, creaking, accompanied by the nightstands and wardrobe. Surrounded by a glow, they shot towards Lancer’s Master at an astonishing speed, slamming him against the wall and pinning him there. A circle glowed around the man, paralyzing him.

“I wonder if you believe in me now?”
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Tohsaka Residence
    Day 2, 8:30 AM

Wow.

The first thing Lancer thought about the whole, "Chucking a bed across the room" issue, was that Caster had managed to do it rather quickly, and seemingly in response to Ben's mental order for him to attack. This in itself was interesting, as the command had come to him over the private telepathy shared by Masters with their Servants, so he figured that she must have some sort of way to spy on mental conversations.

The second thing he noticed-

"GAH!"

Was that his Master was terrible at blocking flying pieces of furniture. It was almost like he hadn't even bothered to raise his arms in defense of himself, even during the brief moment it had taken Caster to move the furniture in the first place. Then again, his expectations for his Master may have been a bit too high...

Well, it was his duty as a Servant to protect his Master, even if said Master was an idiot.

Darting forward in a blur of motion, passing by the floating pieces of furniture that were retreating from the unconscious figure of his Master, which was still held in place by the magic circle Caster had apparently cast. His mind kicked into overdrive as he searched for the correct words to dispel such a circle, but it soon became meaningless, as Caster dispelled the circle just as Lancer reached it, likely because she had noticed that he was already unconscious.

"Geez Master," catching Ben as he fell, Lancer continued to speak, "What kind of magus doesn't know how to block thrown furniture? I mean, I had a grand piano thrown at me once!"

...What?

The Clock Tower was hardcore.

Utilizing the prana path between them, Lancer quickly scanned for the wounded parts of Ben's body...

"Geez, his ribs and his right leg are broken," Lancer paused, then, "And a lung is punctured?!"

Well crap.

This was gonna take some serious prana to heal.

And-

"Be thankful you're asleep Master."

Even if most of the injuries were internal, and could be healed by speeding up the bodies natural recovery process, it was going to hurt like hell when he had to remove the ribs from the man's lungs, which would have to be done soon, as the whole "punctured lung" type of wound tended to fall in the "fatal" category.

Still, maybe this would serve as a lesson about how bad an idea it was for a Master to pick a fight with a Servant.

"Caster," said Lancer aloud as he began the healing process, his right hand glowing with an odd crimson aura as he began to realign and repair his Master's rib cage, "This was a bit much, don't you think?"

Ben. Can you hear me? You're an idiot.

Unconscious or not, Lancer felt that that was something he had to say to his Master.
    Last edited by Airen; December 31st, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Allan
    Tohsaka Residence
    Day 2, 8:30 AM

Holy fucking shit, was Allan's first thought, as he looked at the damage Caster dealt to Ben. His second thought, however, was Heheh, this girl's good.

"See the damage you've done? That was kinda excessive. ....Make sure to do a hundred times that on our enemies. Ufufufufu." He told Caster out loud, deciding not to opt for the mental link this time. The "ears" on top of his head, which he still hadn't even noticed were there, were wiggling a bit in excitement.

"Now...would you two mind explaining to me what just happened, and why? I didn't know Servants' first morning activity was getting into fights." He chuckled as he said that.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Blog Entries
    Caster
    Tohsaka Residence
    Day 2, 8:31 am

“…”
    She lifted her hand and looked at it, then sighed. I…what? It seems I do not remember the extent of my strength Or perhaps…I was unused to fighting humans. Either way, I suppose I spent far more effort than I should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruca_Milda View Post
    "Now...would you two mind explaining to me what just happened, and why? I didn't know Servants' first morning activity was getting into fights."
    “Master. I am sorry. This person just happened to uselessly waste a Command Seal on something that would only hamper the performance of his Servant. Perhaps I wasted too much of your and Lancer’s energy, and for that…”

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    "This was a bit much, don't you think?"
    She turned to Lancer. “I must apologize for causing you to unnecessarily waste large amounts of prana, especially as your Master has already wasted enough.”
    “But healing magic, eh? How interesting, for a Lancer, right, Master?

“Well, I suppose it would be rude to dishonor our host…”
    The fallen furniture items righted themselves in their proper places in the room, losing their scratches in the process. She sighed again. Such a bother, and it was still early in the morning.
    Now Loading...

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Tohsaka Residence
    Day 2, 8:31 AM

“I must apologize for causing you to unnecessarily waste large amounts of prana, especially as your Master has already wasted enough.”
    "Yes well," Lancer grinned slightly, his tone amused, "This is the sort of thing that would end up teaching him a lesson I suppose," he chuckled, "Maybe he'll understand that humans shouldn't challenge Servants to this sort of contest... Or any sort of contest really." He paused as he contemplated the best way to remove a rib from a lung, "Hell, maybe he'll realize that Magic, does in fact, exist."

He was probably just being overly hopeful about that last one, but even Ben couldn't be stubborn enough to deny something that had harmed him in such a way.

"Anyway, healing his ribs will probably take me awhile to finish, so you two can leave if you want," he waved his right hand behind him in a passive wave of dismissal, "Tell Master Rin I'll be downstairs in a bit."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    8am
    Apartment

Having given Jeanne ample time to wake up, get dressed and fully prepared, I watch her actions. I haven't had much to do after all.

"So, what now, Jeanne?"