Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Grill War II: In Character

Blog Entries
    At Bloble, Five_X
    Fuyuki Church
    9:13

The church is silent. Not that you would expect a church to be very busy in the morning, but even then, it seems too quiet. Then, a voice rumbles throughout the chapel. "What brings you to my humble church, so early in the day?" From the back of the church, a large priest steps. There's no reason for him to seem out of the ordinary... but he seems strange, somehow. "I am Kotomine Kirei, the priest of this church. And who might you be?"
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Throne of Heroes - ??:??

Wait. So why'm I 'ere? All I did was some silly stuff 'ere and d'ere.
    Ah well, I'll just waste whatever time I have sleeping and dawdling about.

'O Hero of Legend, bound to me by contract
    Obey my summons, and join me in this war.'

...Well this is pretty annoying.

'As never before, this world shall be blessed
    By His will, you shall be born again.'
    ... ... Oh. Summoning?

'Seven knights will do battle
    The earth and sky will shatter.
    '

... ... ... Damn, I really can't be bothered for this...

'The world shall look on in awe,
    humbled by a glimpse of His power.
    '

'O Hero of Legend, bound to me by contract
    Obey my summons, and be revived as my protector!
    '

...Fine then, I'm coming your God damned way...!

Lancer
    Apartment - 9:00

"...I assume you're my master, huh?" I blankly ask the ponytail'd blonde before me.
    "So...'sup?"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Elyrin
    Apartment - 9:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdeath6031 View Post
    "...I assume you're my master, huh?" I blankly ask the ponytail'd blonde before me.
    "So...'sup?"
    What.

Unusual reaction aside, the summoning worked like I had hoped, revealing a man dressed entirely in black. Also, black hair, and not-quite-black eyes. He doesn't seem to carry any weapons, nor armour, so... Assassin, maybe? He definitely doesn't sound like an Assassin, but I guess there are all kinds of Heroic Spirits, so it's probably not important. We need to start moving soon.

"Yeah, I'm your Master. You can call me Elyrin, if you want. Come on." I turn and leave the empty room we're standing in, heading into the similarly empty kitchen. A large and overstuffed duffel bag sits on the table, so I walk over and start rummaging through it. "Anyway, we'll be leaving this apartment soon. I couldn't put a bounded field up before the summoning, so if there are any Magi nearby, they'll know we're here. So... what class are you? It'd be nice to get an approximation of your abilities, and I need to know what to call you."
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Hello, the name's Samuel Kenneth *last name omitted*, but I tend to like the nickname Xamusel a lot better. Of course, I don't want it out that I go by that nickname in the Holy Grail War, though it's not as if the Master's identity is that important. No, no, I have to keep priorities straight, and this is one of those things I need to work on, anyway.

Still, my parents don't know that I went to France solely to excavate Joyeuse instead of expanding the family business, a mega-corporation called Mills and Family Trading Company. However, I wasn't wanting to use it as a catalyst, far from it. I didn't know how much of a "connection" I'd have to my ancestor, Charlemagne, but the sword is not to be used as a catalyst or anything, just a personal weapon, so...

"Samyueru-kun, are you alright?" I hear a classmate in Homurabura Gakuen's class 2-B ask me, because I must've zoned out again... uh-oh.

"Yeah, I'm alright, I just zoned out for a bit," I reply to my classmate, Nagasuke Ami, a beautiful girl who I met on my first day here a couple weeks ago. Unlike the other girls in class, she doesn't seem to hold much affection for the school idol Matou Shinji, and she doesn't think much of the other idol Tohsaka Rin... come to think of it, I didn't see her on my way to school today, nor did she come to school at all today. Maybe she's sick? No, that's not it, she has an image to uphold from what I've heard from the senpai who know her.

Actually, I think it has to do with the fact that she's from a local Magus family, and she's probably summoned a Servant some time last night... though it wouldn't explain everything, I'd have to check later to find out, so I'll learn everything when I can.

As for how I know about the whole Magus thing and how I know about catalysts and other details like that, I'm a first-generation Magus, who is a bit better than the average Magus in all terms I can see. I met a Magus who recognized that I had Magic Circuits, I think her name was Aozaki Touko, and she taught me what I know today... just the basics, but I know enough to get by for now. Of course, I had trouble with keeping my overactive imagination from going haywire, but that's not the important part.

Ami-chan must've seen the troubled look on my face, because she said something that caught me off-guard, "You seem like something is going on wrong, Samyueru-kun, are you sure you're alright? Maybe it's something in the air, but maybe you need a break?"

The air... how does she know about that? All the mana in the city was gathering for the Grail to summon the Seven Servants, though I could be mistaken about the number, but then... ah, forget it, I'll summon my Servant during lunch by means of the-

"Excuse me," I hear my homeroom teacher say to me, I couldn't bother to remember his name, "you have a package in for you at the office, please pick it up and follow the instructions on this note," and then he handed me a sheet that had been signed by my sensei in Magecraft, Aozaki Touko.

Well, it's official, she's like a Guardian Angel for me. She knows that my Magecraft is at its peak twice a day, both at 9:15 local time anywhere I am. It would seem that I have to... hang on, what is on the note?

"Thank you, sensei, I'll be picking up the package now," I said, and then got out of my seat.

Before I left through the door, I heard sensei say, "Please return for the end of class, Shounin-san, I don't want you skipping school for all this nonsense about repetitions or whatever."

Confused, I looked at the note, and saw what it had to say. What I read was to myself, but I guessed that sensei thought it was for something weird, instead of what I saw Touko-sensei write:

"Dear Samuel,

I hope that you follow this chant to the letter, as it will be very helpful for summoning your Servant in the war, which I'm sure you need to do.

Sincerely,
    Aozaki Touko."

At the bottom of the letter, I saw what sensei was referring to with the repetitions, and I couldn't blame him. He doesn't know about the Grail War, so it would be better to do this as soon as possible... though I did see a PS at the bottom of the chant, oddly enough.

"Ye first, O silver, O iron
    O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract
    Hear me in the name of our great teacher, the Archmagus Schweinorg
    Let the descending winds be as a wall
    Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked roads to the Kingdom revolve.
    Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut.
    Five perfections for each repetition.
    And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead!
    Set.
    Let thy body rest in my dominion, let my fate rest in thy blade.
    If thou submittest to the call of the Holy Grail and if thou will obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond.
    I make my oath here.
    I am that person who is to become the virtue of all Heavens.
    I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.
    Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words,
    come past the restraining rings, and be thou the hands that protect the balance-!"

"PS: I didn't include the lines for summoning Berserker, because you don't want a senseless murder on your hands, do you?"

Well, that's one way of putting it, sensei. So, without further ado, I head to get my package and get to summoning my Servant.

---

9:15 AM Local time

---

Well, I realize why I had to use a chant to begin with, because of the difficulty in summoning a Servant. I quickly close my eyes when I saw the bright Ether, and then I felt my Servant come...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Apartment - 9:01am

"E-E-Ely..."
    I try and pronounce the name while I follow the girl out of one room and into another.
    "E-E-Elyri-...."
    ...God damn it. What's with these names?

Kids these days have such complicated names.
    Why couldn't they go with something like David, or Wilson, or Nelson or Ivan or John?

Meh. I'll just call her Joan. Just because.

"Class?"

"Hm...Oh. That. They call me Lancer.
    Don't get why though."

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Elyrin

"Hm...Oh. That. They call me Lancer.
    Don't get why though."
    Hmm, Lancer, one of the three Knight classes. Still not what I was expecting, but whatever. "Alright, then. Just so you know, when we get into fights with other Servants, I'll probably be actively going after the Master. You'll need to cover me when I do, understood?"

Still digging through my duffel bag... Scripture, check. Twenty Black Keys, check. Money, check. I also have some bulletproof robes in the bottom of my bag, but I don't really want to wear those. They look terrible, and they're not going to help against Magi either. I might be able to look up the priest at the town's Church for something more interesting, but he's the mediator this year... so probably not.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nigel Frostgale
    The Church

"Oi, Master, take this." A Colt 1911 .45 caliber pistol materializes in my hand, and I give it to Bloble. Then, we step through the doors of the church. It feels old and stuffy in here, and above all, it's creepy. I can swear that I hear some vibrant organ music playing in the background, but it's too quiet to focus on, even in the silence of the church. A tall man, a priest, walks up to us, a cross necklace hanging around his neck. His steps are heavy, thundering movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotomine
    "What brings you to my humble church, so early in the day?"

"I am Kotomine Kirei, the priest of this church. And who might you be?"
    "I'm Nigel Frostgale, Servant Archer." I tell him, and bow without letting my eye off of this man. He's got a weird look to him, and his eyes seem cold and deep like a still lake. Is he actively trying to be intimidating, or is he just like this always?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Apartment - 9:01am

Cover?

...Are you serious?

"Eh? Why? Covering is booooring." Groaning I start crudely digging my nose.

...Actually, Joan doesn't fit that high-and-mightiness. Lets call her Jeanne. More unisex.

Ha! Now it's as though you're a guy!
    ....Possibly a guy.

"I wanna have a fun fight too~" I whine out my complaints. as I continue to follow her.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Elyrin

Oh, what the fuck kind of Servant did I summon? I'm thinking it might've been a better idea to use a catalyst, Holy Church or not... "You still get to fight. Just remember that every enemy Servant will always be trying to get around you, and if it works, we both lose. If another Servant ever gets me in melee range, I'm basically doomed. Which means you fade away, and don't get to fight anymore."

Hopefully the mysterious man in black will listen to me. I don't want to waste a Command Seal to force him. I grab my duffel bag off the table and turn to leave. First stop: the Church. I need to talk to the mediator, and officially sign up as a Master.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Day 1
    Bloble
    The Church

"Oi, Master, take this." A Colt 1911 .45 caliber pistol materializes in my hand, and I give it to Bloble.
    Whoa, a gun! Dang, Archer must be awesome if he can use actual guns instead of rickety old bows (always hated those things). I take the gun gingerly, as not to set it off. I look for the safety (does this thing even have a safety?) and flip it so I don't accidentally shoot myself. I then leave the gun in my pocket where I'll be able to reach it if anything happens. I doubt it'll do anything against a Servant, but the thought was nice.

"Thanks, Ni-Archer." Whew, almost forgot we're in public!

"What brings you to my humble church, so early in the day?" From the back of the church, a large priest steps. There's no reason for him to seem out of the ordinary... but he seems strange, somehow. "I am Kotomine Kirei, the priest of this church. And who might you be?"
    ...Why did I ever think priests were nice? This guy looks like a cold blooded killer! Look at him, so calm... and... still... and.........calm......

Okay, he just looks scary, alright!

"I'm Nigel Frostgale, Servant Archer."
    Archer introduces himself before I can, not that I mind.

"I'm Bloble, the Master of Servant Archer." I say immediately afterwards. "Apologies for bringing my Servant inside the church, but I realized that if there were any other Masters who disregarded the rules and brought their Servants inside, I'd be defenseless, so I decided to err on the side of caution this time." Meh, it's my justification and I'm sticking to it. "I'm here to officially register myself as a participant in the Holy Grail War."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Apartment - 9:02am

"Wait, really?
    Wait..."

Which do I prefer more - disappearing and getting mah sleep, or staying and having fun fights...

"Meh, I'll stay at least to see how fun these fights are." I conclude indifferently before glancing at Jeanne.

"So Jeanne. Where're we going?"

Blog Entries
    At Bloble, Five_X
    Fuyuki Church
    9:14

"I'm Bloble, the Master of Servant Archer." I say immediately afterwards. "Apologies for bringing my Servant inside the church, but I realized that if there were any other Masters who disregarded the rules and brought their Servants inside, I'd be defenseless, so I decided to err on the side of caution this time." Meh, it's my justification and I'm sticking to it. "I'm here to officially register myself as a participant in the Holy Grail War."
    The priest nods. "Then, welcome to the Holy Grail War... Bloble, Master of Archer. I presume you are aware of my role in this ritual, of course."
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Elyrin

"So Jeanne. Where're we going?"
    Jeanne? Something else to chock up to Lancer's eccentricities, I supposed. Good to know he at least has his priorities mostly straight, I guess. "We're off to the town's Church. We need to report to the mediator there that I am officially taking part in the war. After that, we can scout around, get a feel of the town's layout, watch for enemy Servants. After that, well, we can worry about that later." Well, I have everything I need. Good. I sling my bag over my shoulder, ready to leave. "I suggest you stay in spirit form while we're in the city during the day. We might be less likely to be detected that way."

---

Holy Church - 9:40 AM

I've always had a bit of a love-hate relationship with churches. On one hand, I usually feel safe and secure while inside one. On the other hand, the people I was most likely to run into had a nasty habit of wanting me dead. Hopefully, the priest in here won't be quite that bad. He might be nicer than the others if he knows I'm a fellow Executor, but I won't bet on it.

"Lancer, you can either come inside with me, or wait out here. I don't care either way, so it's your choice." Without bothering to wait for an answer, I turn and push open the large doors.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer

"Spirit form? Oh, that. " I asked, then answered my own question.

Maybe I could have a bit of fun just staying in that form, huh? Haven't tried how it works either.

---

Holy Church - 9:40 AM

"Right, right..." I yawn, and follow Jeanne in. Maybe I can sleep on one of the benches or some thing, and just stay in spirit form...?

Blog Entries
    At Elyrin, BD
    Fuyuki Church

As you enter the church, the priest seated at a pew turns and looks at you. "A busy morning, it seems. Welcome to the Fuyuki Church." He stands. "I am Kotomine Kirei, the priest of this house."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bloble
    Fuyuki Church

9:14 AM
    "Then, welcome to the Holy Grail War... Bloble, Master of Archer. I presume you are aware of my role in this ritual, of course."
    "Yup, you're the mediator, and we're supposed to go to you if we lose our Servants, since the church is meant to be a place of sanctuary." I studied that, at least.

Then... I get an idea. A devious idea. A wonderful idea.

"I'm feeling a bit, conflicted, Father Kotomine." I suddenly switch tracks. "I think I'll take a few moments to pray to the Lord this morning, for favour in this great and terrible war." Oh wow, I'm really hamming it up there. "Archer, I know this might be inconvenient, but I'll need to pray for a while."

And with that, I move to one of the pews and sit down, closing my eyes, before the priest can say anything. Success.

Half an hour later.
    9: 40

"A busy morning, it seems. Welcome to the Fuyuki Church." He stands. "I am Kotomine Kirei, the priest of this house."
    Bingo. We've got someone. I'm sensing the presence of a command spell here, so this means it's definitely another Master. I stand up instantly and turn to see who it is with a grin on my face.

"Hello!" I wave to the newcomers. "Looks like I'm not the only one who had the idea of coming to register myself as a Master!" I'm Bloble, nice to meet ya!"

Oh this'll be good.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Elyrin
    9:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    As you enter the church, the priest seated at a pew turns and looks at you. "A busy morning, it seems. Welcome to the Fuyuki Church." He stands. "I am Kotomine Kirei, the priest of this house."
    So, this is Kotomine Kirei. I did my research before coming to Japan for the war, but couldn't dig up much information on him. He's a top-class Executor, and acted as a Master in the last War, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    "Hello!" I wave to the newcomers. "Looks like I'm not the only one who had the idea of coming to register myself as a Master!" I'm Bloble, nice to meet ya!"
    Oh, what the hell is this? First Lancer, now this guy? Fine. I bow slightly to the priest and the other Master in the Church, my face showing no surprise. "Nice to meet the both of you. Yes, I am here to confirm my status as a Master. I have summoned Servant Lancer." I look around the Church, seeing a well-dressed man nearby. From the aura of power he gives off, he is obviously a Servant. Unusually modern, too. "Hmm. Since you know my Servant's class, and I know your Servant's appearance, how about a trade? Tell me your Servant's class, and I'll have mine come say hello. No fighting, of course - this is a holy place."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bloble
    Church
    9:41

"Nice to meet the both of you. Yes, I am here to confirm my status as a Master. I have summoned Servant Lancer." I look around the Church, seeing a well-dressed man nearby. From the aura of power he gives off, he is obviously a Servant. Unusually modern, too. "Hmm. Since you know my Servant's class, and I know your Servant's appearance, how about a trade? Tell me your Servant's class, and I'll have mine come say hello. No fighting, of course - this is a holy place."
    "Huh? Why would I want to fight you?" I tilt my head, curious. "The War hasn't even started yet!" Really, are some people that eager to fight that they'd wait before the war to fight each other? How barbaric. "And my Servant is Archer. I would've told you anyway though..." How distrustful, and here I thought I'd be nice and say hello. Ah well, I suppose some people just aren't used to civilized warfare.

I wave to Archer. "Hey Archer, come and say hello to Lancer's Master!"

And I turn one last time to the newcomer, and walk closer It's not proper to say hello from across the building. "Anyway, we haven't been introduced properly yet. I'm Bloble, Master of Archer. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I'll be looking forward to facing you in the upcoming days. Let's have a good War!" There! That's how you do it! Just for emphasis I stick out my hand to offer a handshake.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Elyrin
    Church

"Huh? Why would I want to fight you?" I tilt my head, curious. "The War hasn't even started yet!" Really, are some people that eager to fight that they'd wait before the war to fight each other? How barbaric. "And my Servant is Archer. I would've told you anyway though..."
    Weird. I can't tell whether this guy seriously acts like this, or if he's screwing with me because he finds it funny. I hope it's the latter, but it would be better for me if it was the former. At any rate, he's Master of Archer. Knowing that mjight be helpful when I have to fight him.

"Anyway, we haven't been introduced properly yet. I'm Bloble, Master of Archer. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I'll be looking forward to facing you in the upcoming days. Let's have a good War!" There! That's how you do it! Just for emphasis I stick out my hand to offer a handshake.
    So energetic... I reach forwards and shake his extended hand, sighing inwardly. "Elyrin, Master of Lancer. Good to meet you, Bloble." Normally, I would've commented on the weird name. With the name I use, though, I really can't say anything. "Lancer! Show yourself and come over here." Oh, the idiot was trying to take a nap, wasn't he? If only he wasn't a Servant, I'd be kicking him in the head.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Church

"Nn...?"

I think someone's calling me...
    Oh, it's Jeanne.

Show myself...

Uh...
    Ugh...Do I have to...?

I sit up from the bench, reverting myself to physical form and wave lazily at the two.

"Huh..." I mumble. "Right, we're in the church."

"Lancer 'ere. Pleased ta meetcha. Assassination's my trade." I make my introductions.
    Following that, I drop back down on the bench, turning back to spirit form and falling back asleep.

...Wait, I'm an assassin? That's news.