Thread: The Memories of a Dreamer [One-shot]

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Memories of a Dreamer [One-shot]

I wrote this little piece about four or five years ago after waking up one morning while I was home from college on winter break. It was merely a dream, but it left such a large impression on me that upon waking up I immediately made for my computer and began to type. To be honest, I'm still not sure how I typed all of this out in five minutes, it was like I was possessed or something. Anyhoo, I found an old copy that I had printed out so I decided to share this short piece with you all.

We are all Dreamers.

As children, and throughout our adolescence we are encouraged to dream.

And so we do, living blissfully in the Dream we make for ourselves.

However, eventually the Dream must come to an end, for Dreams are not Life.

They are long-time friends whom have parted ways an eternity ago, leaving each of Us

with the choices we have to make each day. Such is the First Dream, for everyone

experiences this themselves. Again, however, the Dream must end. The length of the

Dream differs for everyone, for Dreams are as infinite. Thus, the possibilities of whom a

person may become are also as infinite, and we will never know.

Once one Awakens from the First Dream, one will have to find Who they are.

Do not feel envious for the fortunate few Who become as they first Dreamed, for they are

not truly as fortunate as they first appear. It does not do well to dwell upon Dreams.

Those few deserve out sympathy, for they will only know the dimensions of the Dreams

and nothing else, and that should sadden us All.

Perhaps, as Twilight creeps towards us, we will Know Who we are. But again, there are

few who shall ever be gifted with such knowledge. As we are instinctively aware of,

Dreams must come again, and hopefully during the Second and Final Dream we will be

able to live it to the fullest. At the end of this Dream, there is always someone waiting for

us, one who will always have their hand outstretched, waiting for us to recognizer and

reach for it. Those few who were able to Live fully instead of dwelling upon their Dreams will recognize

and reach this entity, and welcome, acknowledge and love them as they walk together towards the destination.

I hope that, while I have only awoken from the First Dream, I shall be able to distinguish

the one from the Final Dream, for would it not be sad to not recognize one's true self?
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like the opening (or game over poetry) for a Persona game.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    It was merely a dream, but it left such a large impression on me that upon waking up I immediately made for my computer and began to type.
    it was like I was possessed or something.
    I know this feeling very well. ; )

Blog Entries
    Makes me think of the Sandman comics, which means this is very poignant.