Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Men Walking IC Thread

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
    6:00 AM

Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado, Base
    Team Out of Bubblegum

The fourth, and final person of the group didn't look up immediately when Teimei spoke, his eyes focused on the few sheets of paper he held in his hands, the 'reports' he had begun to make everyday after the incident, in order to keep track of the steadily deteriorating conditions of himself and his companions. But honestly, there wasn't really anything in these reports that wasn't already obvious to himself and his companions, the food was basically gone, and the moans of zombies were beginning to be audible during the night hours. He tapped the papers in his hand twice with the index and middle fingers of his right hand, an odd habit that he had acquired during his time as a lawyer.

The evidence was perfectly clear.

They needed to leave, the sooner, the better.

Placing the reports back in his briefcase, which held the rest of his evidence, including his sole weapon, an HS 2000, a semi-automatic pistol that had been brought up as a possible murder weapon in his last client's court case. Mark had complete faith that the man was innocent, and would have proven it too, if this zombie situation hadn't suddenly gotten out of hand...

He sighed once, then spoke.

"I agree with Kariya." He stood up, briefcase in hand, "We should head west as soon as possible, there's no point in staying here any longer."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    Leonard Ibarra
    Alas-sais uno. (6:01 AM)
    Williamette, Colorado
    Base, Team 4

"Yes. Why?" I give out an immediate answer. It seems that Hitomi is still in shock on what happened, I could see it in her face that she wants to get detached from the rest of us. I cannot blame her, though, many of us lost other people while trying to survive.

For example, I still remember the other OFWs that tried to escape Williamette because, like me, they didn't expect this to happen and wanted to go home. Jojo, he was such a good friend to us, too bad we needed to shoot him after he was infected. Same thing with our supervisor, Mr. Reyes. He personally asked me to end his life when he got bitten, so I shot him in the head. It was such an unspeakable experience for me, yet I must not lose hope. I must get out of here and see my wife and child.

"If...you think I'm...uh, disturbing you with me checking everyday, just say so. I'm sorry for that." I added. "But, uh...I just want everyone to be safe. Okay?"
    Asuhito Hitomi
    6:01 AM
    Williamette, Colorado
    Base, Team 4

I don't mind being checked on, but I don't say it out loud. Maybe it's because I feel it's already understood. Maybe it's because I just want him to read my mind...

Unlike me, Leo seems to have enough compassion left in him to ration it out to others. I on the other hand...I'm only concerned about myself really. I feel terrible inside, but right now, the people I call my allies are just a means to an end. An end that guarantees my survival...

With something like that weighing down on my heart...Maybe that's why I find it hard to talk to these guys who have only shown me kindness. I want to be their friend. I really do. But I'm afraid of what Hitomi...what I might do to them.

"Yeah..." I speak up meekly, but my voice lacks volume and my sight unconsciously is directed at the floor.

Before I turn my back to her, I gave her a few reminders. "And our food is running out, we must search before we all starve to death here. Uh...do you want to join in the search party? And eh, where are the others again?"
    That's right. We have to go out there again, sooner or later. But I can't help but wonder if there's anything left out there. I imagine most food by now is either gone, spoiled, or unobtainable. And then there is the issue of bringing any useful supplies back while defending ourselves...It makes me want to stay right where I am.

"I don't mind killing for my food..." Hitomi speaks out in a low voice; a quiet mumble, but clear as day to me

"I guess, I'll help out. We need the supplies, right?" All I can do is go along with it for now. Besides, if I just sit around, I might lose what little sanity I have left.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon136 View Post
    Francis Chauvet
    Williamette, Colorado
    6:01 am

Francis yawned again, as he walked up to Leonard's room. He should be awake. He had better be awake. Someone needs to go search for supplies, and there was no way in hell Francis was going. He always has been much better at staying in one spot and shooting everything hostile than moving around and shooting things.

He stopped walking as he reached the door. He extended his hand.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

No answer. He tried again.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Still no answer. "Hey, you awake in there?" he asked out to the room. Once again, no answer.

Fuck it. Might as well see if Hitomi's up. He ran down to Hitomi's room, and stopped in my tracks as I saw someone standing outside the door. I immediately waved to him.

"Hey, Leonard! So you are awake. Is Hitomi up yet?" I shouted to him, as I walked toward him.
    "..."

A slight gasp escapes my lips as yet another one of my teammates walks up to the entrance of my room. With his arrival, I can't help but sink back into my room a bit. I can't help but feel that his positive energy repels me.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Teimei Terakawa

Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
    Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

"So, west it is!" Teimei moved to start gathering supplies, throwing some of what they had left into her bag. "Make for Salt Lake?"
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elizabeth Bradley

"Make for Salt Lake?"
    After filling her bag, Liz nodded to Teimei's words. "Seems worth the effort, and we'll need the supplies we can get there." She doubted that her plan of getting a boat would work, but she did not seem to care much about it, or the other details. To tell the truth, she was already itching to get out there and start smashing zombies.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Kariya Matou

Kariya nodded, packing up the last remaining medical supplies. If anyone got hurt, they'd need something on hand. Didn't want to get an infection. Of any kind. “Right. Salt Lake it is. We'll try and build up something there, if we can.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Blog Entries

Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado, Base
    Team Out of Bubblegum

Mark simply nodded at the statements of his companions, remaining silent as he retrieved his weapon and placed his remaining bits of ammo in his briefcase. He didn't really like violence, but in a world such as this, objections were made with bullets, and the only contradiction was a zombie that wasn't quite dead. To be honest, it felt sort of surreal, like they were in a video game, or some sort of movie.

"Alright then, I guess the plan's set. Salt Lake it is." He closed the locks on his briefcase, and stood up, checking the ammo in his gun, "Let's go."

Survivors of Colorado vs Zombie Horde.

Case Start.
    Last edited by Airen; October 30th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anthony Stonnes
    6:01am
    Base, Williamette, Colorado
    Team 1: Yandere Yuri

A-A-Ah, okay.

Closing his eyes, the boy took deep breaths.
    His training in kenjutsu taught him relatively well in that respect.

Calmness, harmony and concentration. To hold true to the flow and not be fazed by anything which comes his way.

Ah, okay...
    Tony thought to himself as he finally calmed down. Then he raised the man's canteen to his mouth and took a sip.

"Um…seeing as running water’s kind of rare these days and we need conserve it, and since we’re both girls…I was thinking…maybewecanbothshowertogether!"

*gurruck!*
    *cough* *cough*

....Okay, I'm not calm anymore. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck what is this? I don't even-

....Wait. Should I....resist this...temptation...?

But hold on...the man seems to be nodding off?

I stand up and walk over to him.
    "U-U-Uh...I can take over the watch if you want me to..."
    Last edited by Blackdeath6031; October 30th, 2011 at 07:40 PM.

Team 1
    6:03 AM
    Williamette, Colorado

You are safe, for the moment, but do not let your shenanigans cloud your purpose.

A block away, several Shamblers shuffle by, one stops for a brief moment, sniffs, then utters a quiet groan and moves on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 2
    READY, STEADY, GO

You've packed all of your things together, you have your destination, the shamblers have been moving ever closer to your small safehouse. You've picked the store clean, foods packed, you're well rested.

Time to move on. You find a small window in the back of the store you can move out quietly. After doing so, you look around, wait, what's that?

Off in the distance, a figure stands, watching.

-------------------------------------------

Team 3
    LAZY FOOOOOOOLS

Your group sleeps in, unknown to you, a small group has caught your scent, one of the dead leaps to a rooftop, and sprints, leaping and jumping across rooftops, to your position.

Time to get up, and get your asses moving~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 4
    SoL TIEM

You are in luck, zombies are seemingly wary of your well fortified buliding. You can rest on your laurels a while longer.

Team 3
    LAZY FOOOOOOOLS

Your group sleeps in, unknown to you, a small group has caught your scent, one of the dead leaps to a rooftop, and sprints, leaping and jumping across rooftops, to your position.
    Rick Redfield
    6:03AM
    Team 3

As Rick puzzled what it means to live, he heard a clatter.
    His eyes, previously unfocused, narrowed. His grip on Azure Sky tightened.

The sound became more pronounced, and Rick went to Condition Red.

"ATTACK!!!". Rick yelled the warning as he homed in on the sound.

He could only hope to hold them off long enough for the others to rise.

'Odd.' he couldnt help thinking to himself with a chuckle. I hated them when we first met, yet I will do anything I can to protect them.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

Blog Entries
    Jade Jackson
    6:01am
    Team 1: Yandere Yuri

“Ah, J-Jade?” Alerting her attention to me, I turn my head away. I don’t want her to think I’m a creepy stalker or anything. “Um…seeing as running water’s kind of rare these days and we need conserve it, and since we’re both girls…I was thinking…maybewecanbothshowertogether!”
    "Uh... What?" I look at Zoey, who, is, um, asking me a seeeeeeeeeeriously awkward question. I really hope my dreams haven't turned from nightmares to erotic ones, that'd be weird... Fuck, um, let's think what my friends do...

That isn't helpful at all! Rose would babble about some psychoanalyzing stuff and say no, John might(?) say yes, in his dorky way, and, um, I'm not really sure what Dave would do. But, she, uh, raises a good point...

"Okay... I guess...? Just, um, not too close, okay...?"
    Last edited by Katie; October 30th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Team 2
    READY, STEADY, GO

You've packed all of your things together, you have your destination, the shamblers have been moving ever closer to your small safehouse. You've picked the store clean, foods packed, you're well rested.

Time to move on. You find a small window in the back of the store you can move out quietly. After doing so, you look around, wait, what's that?

Off in the distance, a figure stands, watching.
    Teimei stopped. "Ah, guys, can anyone see what that is? I can't make it out."
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Rick Redfield
    Team Three Base
    6:03.25AM

Rick quickly sprints out of the house as quietly as expedient. No reason to alert the undead to his position prematurely.
    As he edges out a side door he sees a zombie running across roofs towards him. He moves to intercept. Azure Sky griped securely in his hands. His breathing unhurried.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth Bradley
    Outside the Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

Elizabeth observed with narrow eyes the figure, as she inspected the surroundings trying to notice any stray zombie. Her so called hyper awareness had saved her life countless times those past months. She sighed, and there was a sharp sound as one of her blades appeared in her hands.

"I can't see from this distance." She spoke in her voice of always as she stood besides Teimei. "Should we investigate?"

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Teimei Terakawa

Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

"I can't see from this distance." She spoke in her voice of always as she stood besides Teimei. "Should we investigate?"
    "Well, if it's not coming after us..." Teimei shrugged. "I say we pay attention to it, but best not to go look for trouble. S' not like we're action heros, right?" None the less, she had flicked Henry out of his carrying loop on her bag to rest on her shoulder.

Rick Redfield
    Base, Team Three
    6:03.35AM

"Can't stay out here long," Rick thinks as he intercepts the jumper. "Need to finish this one quickly, then retreat."
    Last edited by 2ndsly; October 30th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Kariya Matou

Kariya removed his shotgun from the harness on his back and nodded. “So long as it doesn't come close, I think we'll be alright. Whatever it is, it seems less aggressive than the average zouke, otherwise it would already be coming. I say we get a move on pay more attention to more dangerous zoukes.” Kariya used the word zouke for zombies, because they kind of reminded him of his decaying, evil, ugly grandfather Zouken, who was the whole reason he had left Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Rick Redfield
    Base, Team Three
    6:03.37AM

As Rick moved to intercept the jumper, he paused. A feeling of great foreboding was emanating from Azure Sky.
    Without sparring another moment he began to retreat.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

Blog Entries

Team Out of Bubblegum

His pistol still in hand, Mark took time to examine their surroundings before he allowed his attention to be drawn to the figure in the distance. He couldn't quite make out what it was from here, but from the way it stood out in the open, as if it didn't care about the shambling corpses of the undead, he felt that it was safe to assume that it wasn't a human.

"Kariya's right," he took a few steps back as he kept his gaze on the figure, "It doesn't seem that aggressive, so it's probably not something we need to worry about." Mark paused, then, "I'll keep an eye on it as we go. If it starts to come after us, I'll take the shot." His weapon had the most range, so it was only natural that he would be the one to worry about enemies that were further away.
    Last edited by Airen; October 30th, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth Bradley

"Very well." The redhead did not question the decision of the group, neither did she say her own opinion. As long as that thing didn't go near them, she wouldn't care about it. Still with her katana in hand, she lifted her bag, and looked at her teammates.

"I think we should go with the same formation as always. Teimei on the rear, Mark and Kariya on the middle, and me on the front, at least until we get out of this city." She sent another starte to her team, as if waiting for their opinions. Compared to when they first had met, when she had acted almost independently, this was a noticeable change of attitude.

quotes

CODENAME: GENTLEZOMBIE
    WILLIAMETTE, COLORADO
    NEAR TEAM 2

He touched down lightly, near a storefront, and adjusted his monocle slightly, he smiled slightly at the quiet, and made for the store. He had heard that his favorite tea was available in this area by one of his contacts. He had combed the town several times, counting 4 groups of survivors. He walked down the street calmly, wondering if he should greet some of these fine people.

But, it appears that they would do that for him.

4 persons clambered out of a window at the back of a store, how convenient, it was the same store that he was intrigued in. So, massaging his jawline, he sprang forwards to a respectable 10 feet from the group. He looked towards them, brushing his suit, and adjusting his person to appear respectable.

2 Women, he smiled at them cheerily, raising an eyebrow at the fine weaponry, and then turned his eyes to the men.

He could appreciate the first one, dressed in a suit and looking quite sharp, although the gun was a slight demerit.

But the second one.. he looked the part of a scoundrel.

He opened his jaw, calling out to them, "Good morning, my fine compatriots! I do wish you all slept well in this dismal town."

He had decided to be in a lazy mood this morning, and as such was not particularly in the mood for a fight. A duel spoils the tea, after all.