Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hime (FSN x Shikabane Hime)

Blog Entries

Fate/Hime (FSN x Shikabane Hime)

Fate/Hime

Prologue

I’ve never been a fan of large plans, myself.

The bigger the plan, the harder it is to keep track of the little details, to monitor all of the players involved. Too many moving parts, too many names, too many lives, and all it takes is one thing going the way you least expect for it to all fall apart.

It’s why I like to do thing spontaneously to some extent, you know. It’s more fun that way.

But alas, my opinion is only my own. People will make their plans, and they’ll do them in any way they see fit. Whether they be small, spur-of-the-moment things, or grand schemes that have been in the making for years and years.

I can only hope that the makers of such grand plans have considered all of the pawns involved.

It would be such a shame if a plan of that magnitude was thrown off because of a chance meeting, because of newly developed feelings.

Wouldn’t you agree?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

People were dying in Fuyuki City.

In and of itself, this was not unusual; people died in Fuyuki City all the time, from various causes. Tohsaka Rin knew for a fact that if she panicked over every single death in her city, she’d be chasing after not only murderers and accidental killings, but death itself.

But recently…

The magus in red stood atop the tallest building and gazed down over her city, not minding the chill in the air as the gears in her head turned. Recently, there had been far too many deaths, under far too many odd circumstances.

Disappearances. Outright murders, with the bodies torn bloodily apart and strewn about wherever they had been abandoned. Half eaten remains found in alley ways, human bones left piled in the woods.

There was talk of a wild animal.

Rin narrowed her eyes against the wind.

Her first thought, admittedly, had been that the killings had to do with the Grail War; it was the most violent event that could immediately come to her mind. The logic fell apart, though, when one considered the War was still at least a month, if not several weeks, from beginning.

Certainly, it was possible someone could have summoned a Servant and settled in the city, but that didn’t explain the violence of the killings. It simply didn’t match up; something wasn’t clicking into place.

Attempts on her part to track whoever—or whatever—the hell was doing the killings only turned up frustrating dead ends. The other night she could have sworn she’d cornered the damned beast, only to lose it around midnight.

Another body had been found later that morning. The death stung as if it had been someone Rin knew.

She would search again tonight. She was getting close; she could almost taste it.

Grimacing, Rin turned away, her jacket flaring in the wind as she headed for the stairs. Tonight, she would hunt.

And even if it killed her, she’d protect her land.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

All things considered, it had been a rather normal night for one Emiya Shirou.

He was out late, which was normal for him; rather from work or for other reasons, the redhead usually ended up back in his house pretty late, regardless of how much Taiga seemed to dislike it. At least this night, she had approved; he had decided to walk Sakura home after cleaning up from dinner, instead of letting her go on her own.

Overall, he thought it had been a good decision; the police still hadn’t caught the killer that was currently terrorizing Fuyuki, and Shirou would never forgive himself if Sakura fell victim to whoever was committing the killings.

He was thinking he should make a habit of it; at least, until the killer was caught and the streets were safe again. Walking Sakura home wasn’t much of an issue for him, and as long as he avoided Shinji all would go well.

So lost in thought was he over what he should be doing for the next few nights that he wasn’t even aware of returning to his home grounds; he only snapped back to himself when he saw that the light inside was still on, spilling gentle golden rays along the front yard.

He glanced up, curious, wondering if he had forgotten to leave the light on…

And blinked.

Sitting on his front porch, absently playing with deep red hair, was a young girl. Golden eyes were unfocused, gazing at nothing, and if Shirou had to name one defining characteristic about her, it would be the gigantic, flower shaped pink bow she wore in her hair.

Baffled, he continued towards her. Perhaps she was lost? She didn’t look like anyone he recognized, and perhaps she had come by to ask for directions, or something.

The sound of his footsteps alerted her to his presence; she looked up, and a gleam entered her eyes. Standing, she waved to him and called a greeting.

And then suddenly, hot pain.

The greeting became a scream, a shout of warning, but it was already too late; Shirou felt the claws rake down from his shoulders to his back, sink into his side, and his body went numb and cold in spite of the heat of his blood.

As he fell, he heard a monstrous growl, and saw glowing, blazing red eyes.

Oh, he realized, dazed, as the girl continued to run to him, that’s what hit me.

It occurred to him, in his fading mind, that the creature was going after the girl next. He had to get up, protect her. He had… to…

Shirou blacked out.

What started out as a rather normal night for one Emiya Shirou nearly ended with his death. Such was the boy’s life.

Thankfully, he had a very bad habit of not dying when he was killed.

Unlucky for the creature.

Very, very lucky for one Yamagami Itsuki, recently deceased young girl killed in a traffic accident, and newly created Shikabane Hime.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hate the title. Hate, hate, hate the title. Alas, I could think of nothing better.

And thus starts my first attempt at a serious crossover fic. God help me. Wanted to try a different writing style for the prologue, something akin to Moczo's Chaos Theory, but it won't stay my normal way of writing, because damn is it difficult to pull off. Next chapter will be more to my normal style, I promise.

Next chapter: Contract (Belly of the Beast)

Special thanks to my beta and general idea-bouncer-offer, Al, who had infinite patience with me and was forever willing to discuss anything and everything about this story. No, seriously, thank him. This wouldn't have been written without him.

Sweet story, Now Shirou don't have your relationship with your new master end in tragedy.

Blog Entries
    It is an annoying style to write in, isn't it? ^^;;;;;;; But it helps get across multiple viewpoints in rapid succession, which helps make the setting, and you did it well. In some ways better than I did... I think I was a bit too ambitious and used too many characters in my prologue. You stuck to Shirou and Rin, and so got a bit more detail in. (Though my prologue was ultimately better because it included Gilgamesh, who is The King. The King makes everything better. XD)

A promising start, Beamspam. Looking forward very much to seeing what comes next. ^_^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    It is an annoying style to write in, isn't it? ^^;;;;;;; But it helps get across multiple viewpoints in rapid succession, which helps make the setting, and you did it well. In some ways better than I did... I think I was a bit too ambitious and used too many characters in my prologue.
    Incredibly so. ^^;;;;;;;;; And actually, I was going to include more character viewpoints, but it seemed a little too much at the time so I simply trimmed it down to Rin and Shirou. I think I originally had a bit with Akasha and Itsuki in there, and possibly one with Kotomine...

Wish me luck on my first crossover. XD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Incredibly so. ^^;;;;;;;;; And actually, I was going to include more character viewpoints, but it seemed a little too much at the time so I simply trimmed it down to Rin and Shirou. I think I originally had a bit with Akasha and Itsuki in there, and possibly one with Kotomine...

Wish me luck on my first crossover. XD
    I think you could have gotten away with a few more... it's a fairly short prologue, so it could have taken one or two additional perspectives. One from a Shikabane Hime character might indeed make sense, to establish the crossover-ness (I mean, more than Shirou being attacked by a zombie already does)? =O But it's a matter of personal opinion whether that would be a good thing or not. XD

I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park. When have you ever done less? =3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    I think you could have gotten away with a few more... it's a fairly short prologue, so it could have taken one or two additional perspectives. One from a Shikabane Hime character might indeed make sense, to establish the crossover-ness (I mean, more than Shirou being attacked by a zombie already does)? =O But it's a matter of personal opinion whether that would be a good thing or not. XD
    Well, if it helps at all, the next chapter has some more viewpoints from the Shikabane Hime characters. Itsuki's is mostly going to be OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT, but mostly I just liked the thought of Shirou being taken down by a zombie with no warning. XD

An intriguing start, if a bit short. I'm not familiar with Shikabane Hime but that really only increased the sense of mystery for me. Maybe I'll try and familiarise myself with it before you post the next chapter.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    *applauds Beam*

Now I have incentive to read the manga!!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct View Post
    An intriguing start, if a bit short. I'm not familiar with Shikabane Hime but that really only increased the sense of mystery for me. Maybe I'll try and familiarise myself with it before you post the next chapter.
    Yeah, apologies for the shortness. I really suck at beginnings, sadly.

As for backstory, sadly, I've read the manga, but it's only been translated in English up to chapter 19. So a lot of what I'll be writing is based more off the anime, since I've seen it all the way through (even if it had a Gainax Ending).

Eh, I wouldn't worry to much about the length if it's just the prologue, as long as the other chapters are a bit more substantial. To be honest, I find the beginning to be one of the most difficult parts myself.

Nice beginning!!

Though I have to admit that I know next to nothing about Shikabane Hime, besides the premise (pseudo zombie girls with a contractor monk fighting other pseudo zombie girls, or something like that), so at the beggining maybe I would be a bit lost.

Now I wonder where exactly this story begins. Because I remember in the crossover topic that it would be pre-FSN, but on the other hand, at that moment Shirou was just a fairly resilient guy.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, it's up. Got it done sooner than I had expected.

Nice one~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Nice beginning!!

Though I have to admit that I know next to nothing about Shikabane Hime, besides the premise (pseudo zombie girls with a contractor monk fighting other pseudo zombie girls, or something like that), so at the beggining maybe I would be a bit lost.

Now I wonder where exactly this story begins. Because I remember in the crossover topic that it would be pre-FSN, but on the other hand, at that moment Shirou was just a fairly resilient guy.
    There will be more of Itsuki in chapter one, which will hopefully clear up some things on the Shikabane Hime front. Akasha will be making an appearance sooner or later.

As for Shirou, I'm sort of approaching it where he was really only swiped, so while it's bad, he could survive the initial attack. He's pretty much screwed if Itsuki doesn't contract to him and get that sync'd healing started (that might be bending the premise a bit, admittedly, but.... sticking to it, huzzah!).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Will being contracted to Itsuki cause any problems for Avalon and Saber?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Will being contracted to Itsuki cause any problems for Avalon and Saber?
    No Saber in this story, since it's all pre-War. And I don't really know exactly how Avalon would function without Saber around, so I'm currently assuming it won't come up in the story.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Al is happy that he played a part in bringing this about~
    LIKE A KING

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    Al is happy that he played a part in bringing this about~
    Thanks again for all the help! Please continue having patience with me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Patience is one of the few good things that being ill has given me plenty of, so no worries there.
    LIKE A KING

Hmm... have not read the series...

Color me interested.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    No Saber in this story, since it's all pre-War. And I don't really know exactly how Avalon would function without Saber around, so I'm currently assuming it won't come up in the story.
    Avalon works if it has prana and a connection to Saber. Avalon no only healed Shirou from the worst of the Fuyuki fire damage, but it passively protected him from disease and generally worked partially.

Before Saber's around to do provide prana to Avalon directly, Shirou has the typical fast healer trait of main characters. Nothing to make people go "lol Wolverine" but enough that it could be odd for anyone who knows how the body works.

To summarize my opinion, yes, you can ignore Avalon, except for the whole fast healer thing. And the "immune to disease and probably some poisons" thing.