Thread: Fate/Heaven's Gate (IC Thread)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Fate/Heaven's Gate (IC Thread)

*Fate/Heaven's Gate*

January 1, 2000 AD
    Midnight

The hour has just struck midnight, and around the world (but mostly Fuyuki City), members of Beast's Lair open their eyes to find themselves in a different bodies - that of one of the potential masters of the Fifth Holy Grail War (or closely associated character), one month before the outbreak of battle. You are not entirely yourself, nor are you entirely the character whose body you wear, as something of a merger of minds has happened.

This is who each of you awaken as, and what you were doing when you "awakened".

Characters:

Rin Tohsaka (Dark Pulse) - In her study, trying to puzzle out her father's will. Has a headache coming on.

Shirou Emiya (Mike1984) - A New Year's Party with Taiga and Neko at his house. Sakura was invited, but had to decline due to family reasons.

Illyasviel von Einzbern (ItsaRandomUsername) - In the forest with the wolves, getting used to controlling Berserker.

Luvia Edelfelt (Erlkonig) - In the Edelfelt manor in Finland, where she has just heard the news about the Holy Grail War.

Bazett Fraga McRemitz (Grant) - In an Irish pub, drinking to welcome the new year, reading a letter from Kotomine.

Ayaka Sajyou (Hyarion) - In the middle of a magic circle, having just finished a minor ritual to renew the wards at her house. Plans to take a late-night walk.

Sakura Matou (Kotonoha) - Being raped by Shinji. Following this will be time in the basement.

Shinji Matou (Hoster) - Raping Sakura. Will climax pretty much immediately, since his plan was to violate her as the "first thing to do in the year" (worse things than an orgasm to start the year with), after which, he is scheduled to attend with his fanclub.

Ayako Mitsuzuri (LeopardBear) - A New Year's celebration with her family (@home)

Issei Ryuudou (mangafreak7793) - At his quarters in the Temple, preparing for Hatsumode

Kaede Makidera (mewarmo990) - New Year's celebration with family, projected to meet with Yukika and Himuro in about an hour for Hatsumode.

Hotaruzuka Otoko, aka "Neko" (Zeranion) - Waking up at home after New Year's party with Taiga and Shirou

Seo Akira (Usandru) - Visiting her cousin Seo Shizune in Mifune

Taiga Fujimura (lantzblades) - Partying with Taiga and Neko.

Notes:

You will find that you possess whatever canonical knowledge and abilities the character did, PLUS anything your RL self might bring to the table, so make good use of the month you have to prepare for the war. Train, search for a catalyst, make friends and connections, dispatch your enemies - but be warned, should you go too far out of character, those around you may notice and the resident personality may intervene, so be careful.

Also, Winter Break will last until January 7th, so for all you Homurabara students, enjoy your time off from school!

With that, welcome to the Nasuverse, and enjoy the ritual called Heaven's Feel. If you strive cleverly enough...your wishes...may be granted.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; April 17th, 2011 at 10:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    January 1
    Edelfelt manor
    00:00

I blink. As I become aware of my surroudings, I clutch my head. What had I been doing before...? 'That's right. I had been browsing Beast's Lair, when-' At that instant. As I began thinking of what I had been doing before, an overwhelming amount of memories rush to my head, of someone who I know exists, but I wasn't supposed to be. Not only her memories, but part of her personality rushes to me, and I am instantly aware of who I now am. While I previously had been known as Erlkonig in an online forum, I now possess another identity.

The identity, memories, and personality of Luviagelta Edelfelt flow into me and are merged with my ideals. I shakily stand up from where I was sitting. 'Th-this is so sudden... Luviagelta doesn't exist... So why...?' However, though I was confused at first, Luvia's cool personality seemed to help me regain my cool. 'Let's see... I'm obviously not at my former home, and judging from my new memories, this is the Edelfelt manor. According to the most recent memories, only now have I recieved news of the Fifth Grail War's coming. It's January 1... That means, about a month before the War starts.' I sit down on a comfortable chair, wondering about what I should do. 'The Grail is a corrupted existence. There is no point in going into a war which has no prize at all... However...'

As I cross one leg over the other, I begin to smirk. 'Finding about the Grail and dismantling it could prove me to be a great magus, worthy of the Edelfelt name. Plus, I have enough time to prepare a Servant's catalyst and a suitable place for summoning.' I tap my fingers on Luvia's leg. 'I'll have to be cautious of which Servant to summon.' As I think of possible candidates, a possibility closes in on my mind. 'Well, why not? I'm sure I could arrange a trip to Italy, and getting a part of her theatre shouldn't prove to be too much of a hassle so long as it's small. After all, the Edelfelt family is a wealthy, prestigious magus family. Nero... truly an splendid Servant.' I frown. 'As for the location... Setting up a boundary field to keep mundane people outside would take time, but so long as I have time to prepare, I believe I can do it.'

As the minutes passed, I sighed. 'I can think more of this later. For now, I suppose I should go to bed, and tomorrow start making preparations.'
    Last edited by Erlkonig; March 16th, 2011 at 09:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    1/1/00

I've never been a fan of New Year's parties. Somehow, starting off the year with a massive hangover never appealed to me. So while the rest of the country was out keeping liquor stores in business, I was getting rested for the New Year.

Why am I celebrating? I'm pretty sure I went to bed, and furthermore, I don't think I know a Japanese family I would have a New Year's celebration with. Oh. It's a dream. Apparently all the anime has gotten to me; God knows you watch too much when you dream in it.

“Hey, Aya-chan, are you O-K?”

Hold on, Aya-chan. I don't think I'm that obsessive that I've started dreaming as someone else-

The only way that I could find to describe what I was feeling was that my brain was being smashed out of my head by a lemon-wrapped gold brick. Getting someone else's life rammed into your head isn't pleasant or subtle, but it is over quickly. So I'm Mitsuzuti Ayako? Good God, am I really that much of a otaku? Hold on, what are these? Childhood memories? I don't know those.

Wait. That must mean that that isn't a dream. Three thoughts pass through my mind at this point. One: oh shit. I'm pretty much screwed, aren't I. (At least I'm not Sakura) Two: this is awesome. I can think of worse things to happen to me than getting dumped into another universe. Three: Goddammit Zelretch.

I excuse myself on account of something I ate, and head to my room. At least I'm not too useless. I have latent circuits, and I could summon a Servant. But as a plan forms in my mind, I wonder: how am I going to get there and back?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Pouring back a drink (some fairly good whiskey I think) and suddenly my eyes fly open. Choking on the liquid I fall back in my seat and start coughing it up, desperately reaching around for a napkin or something.

"Ma'am! Are you alright! Ma'am!"

A young girl's voice calls out from somewhere nearby and a piece of cloth is pressed into my hand. I can hear others around me but right now they aren't important. I need to stand up, figure out what's goi- ooh I think I've had a bit too much. I'd better sit back down.

Still coughing I bring the cloth up to my face and dab at it, wiping away tears and ruined drink.

"Hey, are you alright?" another voice this time, probably a customer-

Customer?

At a bar I thi-

A bar?

Someone's talking, I look up at them. Now it's the owner, Mary I think, I really must have caused a scene.

"I'm fine" I answer with what I hope resembles a reassuring smile "just a bit off. Could I use-"

"Right" she answers "let me help you up"

For some reason she seems a bit distant, something about me being a cold type. Ugh, my head's making no sense. Did I really have too much to drink? That's ridiculous, I can knock back five or- wait. When did I go to a bar?

As she helps me stumble to lavatory I can hear the others muttering.

"That's just the first one-"

"I've seen her take far more-"

"Mary! I'll have one of those!"

Good to see I haven't ruined the spirit of things.

The closed door blocks out most of the sound and Mary helps me over to the sink. Wait, isn't this a women's- but I am a woman. Wait, what?

Lifting my head I look into the mirror to see a rather attractive redhead look back at me. Ignoring the fact that my looks are only a bit above average and I'm a brunette there's just one issue. I'm supposed to be a man. And don't I recognize this redh-

"Oh hell"

I'm not sure which part of me said that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    January 1
    12:00

"Huh" as my mind begins to become clear of the haze I was, I should have not eaten that cheesecake with milk the day before the expiration date.

Though I wonder why am I'm in a temple?

Why am I carrying wooden charms?

Why is their a scary yet familiar looking man looking at me expectantly?

"Come Issei, we must prepare it won't be long before Hanafode" He said as he walked away but why did he call me Issei? but doing as I'm told I begin to carry the wooden plate and stop to see myself in the mirror and see myself as one of the many characters I remember from years of Video games/rreading manga/light novels/watching Anime.

I'm Issei Ryuudou from Fate/Stay night. Does that mean I'm a monk? Can I eat meat?

"Fuuuuuuuuuuck" I slap my head this is going to be a pain in the ass.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    1 Jan 2000
    Makidera residence, Fuyuki City, Japan
    ---
    "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" (and y2k)

The clinking of wine glasses and beer mugs was quickly drowned out by the raucous cheering of Kaede and her family.

"This year, I resolve to steal every one of Tohsaka's taiyaki!" roared Kaede, already getting red in the face from her drink.

"Now now, Kaede, we're letting you drink a little because it's a special occasion, but don't forget we're meeting the Saegusa and Himuro families at the shrine soon! You don't want to look tipsy in front of your friends, do you?" chuckled her mother.

"Okay~" Kaede didn't really seem to care, but she did slow down her drinking a bit.

After indulging in some toshikoshi soba and mochi, Kaede headed to her bedroom to change into kimono. And then she collapsed to the floor, suddenly unconscious.

----
    11 March 2011
    14:46
    Ramen bar in a train station, Sendai, Japan

"Beats the hell out of instant noodles," I mumbled incoherently, as I happily slurped up a bowl of ramen after getting off the train station.

"What's that? Want another helping?" The almost stereotypical middle-aged cook behind the counter smiled at me.

"Nah, I'm good," I replied. "This is just damn tasty stuff, though."

"Pulled the noodles myself! I don't think people even remember that 'ramen' comes from the Chinese word for 'pulled noodles'! This is the only way to make it!"

"You're right, old man. They just don't make 'em like they used to," I chuckled, helping myself to the well-flavored soup. As I reach for my tea cup, though, I paused as I saw the liquid vibrating on its own.

"Wha-?"

Suddenly, the entire building was thrown into chaos and disarray as an earthquake hit, far in excess of any quake I had ever experienced back in earthquake-prone California. Structures collapsed, the power flickered, and people nearly ran each other over as they scrambled to escape the collapsing train station.

I turned to pay for my meal before I got the hell out of Dodge, but the cook was already packing up his stuff and leaving. "Get out of here, kid! Meal's on the house!"

"Thanks!" I ran to the crowded stairs and began pushing my way to what I thought was relative safety. Just as I reached the top, though, I looked up to see a ceiling light falling towards my head.

I assume I was knocked unconscious at that point. Rescuers might have gotten to me... if a tsunami hadn't swept over the entire area moments later.

---
    1 January 2000
    00:05
    Makidera residence, Fuyuki City, Japan

I opened my eyes. Where am I? How long have I been out?

"A bed...room?" I slowly sat up and looked around. This was a girl's bedroom, from the looks of it. "What was I... oh. Oh, god. The earthquake! Ramen dude!"

A girl was sitting across the room from me. Who's that? Did she save me? "Thanks for helping me. What's your- wait, that's a... mirror!? And my voice! OMGWTFBBQ"
    I saw a calendar hanging on the wall - January 1, 2000. "Okay, this has to be some kind of dream."

Just then, a man and woman burst into the room. "Kaede!? Kaede, are you okay? I heard a crash and a scream!"

"Uh..." They must have mistaken my look of bewilderment for distress, because within minutes we were in a car rushing to the hospital before I could offer any explanation.

"Um... excuse me? Thank you for your concern, but I'm really quite all right. Can you tell me where we are?"

"See how polite she is!? She's hurt in the head, dear! Drive faster!"

What the hell is going on!?

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    January first midnight

Huh well that’s…a dream is the only explanation for being a Japanese woman or an anime character. I have got to stop watching Doctor Who. whelp there is one thing and only one for a tiger to do while toasted.

I stand up and turn to the red headed boy and my apparent charge Emiya Shirou and stomp over to him with a vengeful look in my eyes.

“Your abadson” I holler

“You never let me do what I promishised” I tell him.

“You always shut me out when you shouldn’t I’m your Onee-chan. I’m supposed to protect you! You work hard all the time but never let me in, you go out of your way to help evfree body but me. You treat me like I’m a bother. I’m the big sister here and I’m shiclk of it!” I tell him starting to cry.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "Are you happy, Sakura?"

"---------Yes"

Smiling, and crying tears of happiness, I look at the clock

"Shit, it's 6AM. I have to be up tomorrow, too!"

Cursing myself, I quickly turn my computer off and get into bed.

Fuyuki City, Emiya Residence
    January 1st
    12:00:00 AM

Suddenly, I hear someone speak

"Happy New year, Shirou".

"Happy New Year, Fuji-Nee!", I instinctively respond.

Wait, Fuji-Nee? Shirou? What the fuck?

Images run through my mind. Stories that, until a few minutes ago, I thought were pure fiction. A hug in the rain, flowers growing in rememberance, the final words of a dying girl to her sister.

There were terrible cries for the first three days, but by the fourth day, she was silent.

Matou Sakura has been the victim of sexual abuse.

Senpai, I was raped at the place I was adopted as a kid.

Would another girl grow up, watching her sister be the wonderful, bright, shining person she wished she could be? Would another poor soul have to watch the man she loved get on a plane, and try to keep the tears from falling as she waved good bye until he was to far away to see them?

May I call you nee-san?

I look around the room, trying to find Sakura, to reassure myself. But, somehow, I realise that she's not here. She was invited, of course, but she declined, siting "family reasons".

Sakura, family rea....

Oh, God!

Before I can even think, I find myself breaking into a run, heading straight for the door, ignoring the drunken mumbling that seems to be coming from Taiga.

I must save Sakura, she's suffering.

Of course I must.

Wait, why am I agreeing with myself? And why are my legs moving without my input?

I keep running. As our minds merge, I become more and more aware of my intentions. I'm heading to the Matou house, I'm going to save Sakura.

Wait...

STOP!

Why? I have to save Sakura!

A certain scene comes to mind, the horrible death which inevitably awaits those who take on Matou Zouken without being prepared for the consequences. With our shared memories, he is every bit as aware of it as I am. However, he continues running. Emiya Shirou is not discouraged by something as trivial as certain and totally meaningless death.

You have to stop.

B.. but, she's suffering right now, I must save her.

And we will save her, I promise. But, we're going to do it my way.

With that, Shirou stops, finally realising the futility of the situation, his recklessness tempered by my more logical approach. I regain control of the body, and begin to take stock of my situation. It appears that I am the main consciousness here, but if I am not careful Shirou will take over. I will have to convince him to go along with my plans.

And, then, it hits me.

Sakura exists. Sakura is suffering. Everything that I ever felt for her is now real. All the scenes of her life come back into my mind, all of her suffering, all the times I defended her. Shirou's anger and sadness pour into me, and combine with my own, causing me to scream angrily and, then, break down in tears. I stand there crying for a moment.

Wait, if I'm really Shirou....

SHIT!!!

Realising what I'd done, I run back to the house, tears still in my eyes, intent on patching things up with Taiga. I just hope she doesn't realise anything is wrong....
    Last edited by Mike1984; March 16th, 2011 at 07:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Standing in the door despite the haze I pick up on three things.

One. Given the date Shirou cannot be Avenger in disguise.

Two. The grail wars haven’t started or Rin would be here because Shirou is brick dumb.

Three. My influence On Taiga has to be very, very light or I’m dead.

“I think we should cut the party short, the beer’s done nothing for my cold. Sorry Neko” I announce know that the test I’m about to perform can’t have any witnesses.

“Shirou get back here! It’s the middle of the night!” I holler hoping whatever. No whoever made Shirou bolt is more concerned with looking like Emiya Shirou would then whatever goal they have.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    January 1, 2000
    Midnight
    Tohsaka Mansion

......Gah.

Headache.

This sucks.

I hate headaches. I don't get them too often, but when I do, they throb for hours it seems, and just won't go away. Waking up with a headache is just about the worst thing possible. Then again, mom's birthday was yesterday, so it'd make perfect sense for me to have a headache...

"...Come on, just go a--"

...Wait.

......Why do I sound like... well, like a girl?

I rub my eyes... and immediately end up looking at my hands after I do.

These... are not my hands. No. They're... well, they're more slender. Certainly less hairy...

"...What the hell's going on?" I ask aloud.

Setting aside the pain in my head for a moment, I begin to look around the room. This... certainly isn't MY room. I'm in some kind of study...

"...Where am I?!"

I quickly try to move back, only to find that I'm standing right in front of a chair, so when I do, I wind up falling backwards over it, with a somewhat light, yet solid, THUMP.

...That's not my foot or leg draped over the chair. That's a...

"......A girl's...?"

...Well, that should be obvious, shouldn't it? My voice sounds like a girl. The leg seems to be that of a girl.

......I look down. Sure enough, breasts and body shape of a girl.

Immediately, for some reason, I get self-conscious. I pick myself up from the floor and dust my legs off, feeling bare skin slide across my fingers until they meet long, black stockings. I wobble a bit while trying to regain my balance.

Two things come to mind...

One... I'm about a foot shorter, and certainly far lighter.

Two... How the hell do girls stay UPRIGHT in these things...?

I move close to the desk I was behind, and use it to keep some sense of balance as I move along. Once I reach the walls, I use my hand to guide myself along them, in a body that is much shorter, lighter, and with a different gait than my own.

I know something isn't right... but who... who am I...?

Eventually, I find what I'm looking for, after probably about twenty minutes of searching: A bathroom. I quickly enter it, closing the door behind me, and I turn on the lights. I head to the sink, and turn on the cold water, splashing some on my face... this is probably the alcohol. At least, I'm HOPING it's the alcohol...

...But it's not. Instead, staring back at me, is a face that's no less shocked than the way I feel.

......A face I know all too well.

"...Tohsaka Rin...?!"

I feel the blood drain from my head and my face. I do everything I can to grip onto the sink, as my world pitches, rolls, then swirls slightly. Unfortunately, these hands... these muscles... aren't quite as good or as strong as the ones I'm used to, so eventually their grip fails, and I fall once more to the floor.

I lie there for a few minutes, as the blood slowly renters my - er, Rin's head. Eventually I pick myself back up off the floor, and look in the mirror once again.

...It's a little pale, but it's definitely Rin's face looking back at me. The only attribute we even remotely share in common... blue eyes.

......This can't be happening. This can't be happening. This can't be happening.

I like Rin, yes... but... BE her? That's... that's a little much, isn't it? That's when it goes beyond liking, and into obsessing...

...But it makes sense, in a strange sort of way.

I always did like the Tsunderes. They have that certain, indefinable je ne sais quoi to them.

I don't know how I got here. I don't want to know what sort of being I pissed off to pull this stunt off. Maybe they're setting me up for a mighty doom indeed, because I know just what Rin goes through...

"...Berserker."

Yeah. Him. I already know I'll have to watch out for him. I already know I'll have to find some way, some THING to stop him.

...But not yet.

It's definitely January 1st. Heaven's Feel 5 won't kick off for about another month.

"...I've got time," I say, as if half-expecting the voice of Tohsaka Rin, the girl whose body who seems to be mine now, to reply to.

I walk back slowly out of the bathroom. It's still hard to walk in these damn things... enough of those. I kick them off, leaving just bare, stockinged feet. Well, the upside of less body hair means that clothing is less likely to irritate the skin, so that's a good thing, I guess.

I walk back over to the desk, where I sit carefully, getting used to the feeling of... well, of a different rear than the one I'm used to pressing into a seat. For some reason, thinking about this causes me to blush slightly, but I quickly shake those sorts of thoughts out of my head. She'd probably kill me if she knew I was even thinking about how it feels different, how her butt sits in a chair compared to mine.

I take a deep breath, and focus on what she was looking over.

"...Ah, right. That's... Tokiomi's will, right...?"

Yeah. It definitely is. Shapes that formerly held no meaning to me suddenly take on clear, definable form.

"...Right. The pendant."

Rin's pendant. Well, Tokiomi's, but he left it to her. A pendant with ten years of energy infused into it. Certainly not a small thing by any stretch of the imagination, even for a magus as skilled as Rin.

"...Yeah. I'd better look for that first. It'll prove in handy in case of him..."

I get up out of the chair once more.

"--Ow!"

......Damn. The headache came back.

I sit back down, squeezing the back of my neck, hoping the headache will go away.

Maybe I should've looked for some aspirin in the bathroom while I was there...
    Last edited by Dark Pulse; March 16th, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    January 1
    Edelfelt Manor
    00:10

As I stand up, feeling confident, I am then reminded that I should be freaking out. However, such a thing is not something Luviagelita Edelfelt would do, so I manage to keep my cool. As I stand up, and start to walk, I look down at my feet.

Thank god Luvia doesn't use high heels when in her usual clothes. I chuckle at the poor man who'd be unlucky enough to be forced to walk in high heels.

I head over to Luvia's bedroom, and sit down on the large bed, as I quickly go over Luvia's knowledge of magic and combat. Though I knew already what "I" was skilled at, I didn't know "how" until now. My abilities seem to mirror Tohsaka's in some aspects, as I can use the Gandr curse with expert skill, as well as using Gem magic. What amuses me is how I suddenly realize subtle differences between the Lancashire martial arts and pro-wrestling, though they don't seem to be much different in their aspects.

As I start to undress, I'm sobered by the thought that I am now a girl. Despite Luvia's abilities to keep facades up, I can't help the blush that crawls up to my face as pale skin is exposed, and I unconsciously move towards a mirror to look at my new body.

This is unreal. This is unreal, but arousing as well. Blushing, I decide that doing this might not be the best way to spend the night, and lie down on the bed, covering myself.

00:20

00:30

01:00

"...I can't sleep." I grumble, getting out on the bed and sitting down on it. I have to make sure I know what course of action to take as soon as tomorrow comes. If I want to get the Servant I need, then I need to obtain the catalyst as soon as possible. I also have to make sure no one is there at the time of the summoning, once I do it. I have to decide when will be the best date to do so...

"Let's see... Caster will be summoned 10 days before the war. Berserker has been already summoned. Archer will be summoned two days before the war. Assassin will be summoned by Caster, though it isn't the True Assassin which is only summoned by Zouken during the war itself. Lancer is summoned by Bazett when she arrives to Fuyuki, at a date I don't remember. And Saber... Saber's the final Servant summoned which announces the start of the war. Of course, this is assuming everything happens as canon. But..."

Since I am here, I can summon a Servant. But, something makes me hesitate. Should I? Shirou (I find myself filled with the urge to call him Shero) will need Avalon at full power...

"No."

If I summon Nero as Saber, I can still help She- Shirou. But...

"Berserker."

That guy will surely kill him if Avalon is not activated. Yet, Luvia hesitating doesn't feel right. My mind is set. I will arrive at Fuyuki before the start of the war, set the preparations for summoning, and work towards dismantling the Grail. Plus, She- Shirou, damnit, is an important part in the Grail War. He shouldn't die.

There's also Sakura. If I can somehow prevent Sher-Shirou, that was close- from getting killed by Gae Bolg, Rin might be able to use that pendant for healing her. "Yeah, helping Sakura might be nice." I nod. "I do like her after all."

With my thoughts straightened a bit, I feel like I can finally lie down. As I start to fall asleep, I wonder why I'm thinking so much about Shero. Meh, I can think more about it tomorrow.

...Shit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As I begin to run back towards the house, I hear Taiga shouting.

Shit

I run faster, desperately trying to avoid the wrath of the angry Tiger. As I do so, I consider my options. In an ideal world, I would just tell her the truth. After all, she is unlikely to disagree with my motives, and she may even be able to help me. But, Taiga is a normal person. If she were to find out about magic, it might endanger her, and telling her of Sakura's suffering when she can do nothing to prevent it would just be cruel. So, I have to try to explain my actions to her without letting her know what Sakura is going through. But, how?

Returning to the house, I approach the door to find a very angry-looking Fujimura Taiga stood there.

"Erm, Ta.. Fuji-Nee", I quickly correct myself.

"Sorry for running away like that. I, erm..."

But, before I can explain, she interrupts me.

Blog Entries
    “Get inside; get me a glass of water.” I huff falsely annoyed.

Turning I look at Taiga’s friend and smile. “We’ll do this again with more people, hopefully Shirou won’t be having a bout of trouble.” I tell her ushering her out the door and waving good bye.

Turning around I smile then frown. “so tell me Shirou how do you intend to become a superhero?”

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I consider Taiga's request but, as much as I want to tell her to get her own damn glass, the part of me that is Shirou will not allow it. And, besides, I have to at least try to act normal. So, I begin to walk into the house, and pick up a glass.

As I do so, Taiga asks me a rather unusual question.

"Eh, what?", I respond, unsure of how to answer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Bazett:

Ouch. Ouch, ouch ouchouchouchouch.

My head really hurts right now and I'm fairly sure it's not from the drinks. My former selves could handle that much. No, whatever happened to merge them is responsible for the pain. I really hope this isn't a brain tumor, that'd be just perfect right now.

I managed to get back home by claiming sickness (I think the others were sure that it was some incredible drink Mary discovered by accident) and lay sprawled out for close to an hour. Precious time wasted, but I needed that rest.

I know what's going to happen. I know about the Grail, I know about Zouken and Kotomine-

That really makes my stomach twist for a moment. I find his betrayal to be even worse than everything I know about Matou Sakura. It's the one thing that makes me want to reject all of this. I trusted him. I trusted that priest. When I-she got the letter inviting me to the Holy Grail War I thought I could prove how valuable my family's blood was. I-

"Gaaaah! Damn it!" I scream. It's hard to tell where I end and where my predecessors begin. Are they still in me somehow?

Stop. This is getting me nowhere. I need to prepare for the War. Now that I know what was going to happen it's absolutely necessary that I reach Japan and participate. Kotomine isn't be expecting me to be ready and he needed me alive long enough to summon Lancer.

Save him.

What?

Save him.

Save him? Save who? I mean, Kotomine isn't-

SAVE HIM.

Oh. She-I-whoever means him. Lancer. Cu Culhainn.

That's right. I need to save him. His fate always filled me with sadness. Why did he die when he deserved so much? He was always the one I wished I could meet. The only Servant I can ever summon.

It's simple. I'll summon him. I'll kill Kotomine, really kill him and make sure he's definitely dead. And then I'll find some way to keep him here and give him the future he deserves. And if I have time afterwards I'll save that girl too. Maybe if Rin can lessen the worms and deal with Zouken I can throw her to Emiya for 'prana recharging', Saber and Rin too. Of course if they get in my way...

Anyway I have to get up. I have to find the catalyst to summon him and I have to prepare for a flight to Japan.

Blog Entries
    "That's your dream, isn't it? something that Kiritsugu couldn't do. something you persist on doing. you'll go off and leave us where onee-chan can't protect you" I say Taiga's own tears adding to the effect "you'll leave *sob* and you'll keep tying and you'll make Sakura cry you know...I p-promised I'd protect you, w-why can't you listen to Onee-chan? " I collapse sobbing with my hands at my face. Taiga is deep.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I continue walking to the kitchen, to get the water she asked for, listening to her frantic pleas as I do so, intending to comfort her once I have got her her water. However, then, she says something that makes me freeze on the spot.

you'll make Sakura cry you know

In one statement, she articulates my own worst fears. The thought of Shirou abandoning Sakura to her fate, even unwittingly, sickens me more than anything. But, I won't let it happen. I will bring them together, and I will ensure that Sakura will never cry again.

I turn to look at her. Then, forgetting the water, I walk over to her and, kneeling next to her, I embrace her.

"Yes, I want to be a hero, I want to protect people. But, how can I call myself a hero if I can't even protect the people I love?", I say.

Do you want to end up like that Archer guy you saw?, I say to Shirou, calming his growing objections. Then, with him subdued, I make a promise.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to leave. Fuyuki is my home, you are my family. And, I promise that I will do everything in my power to ensure that Sakura never has to cry again. It's the least she deserves after all she's done for me. I care for her more than anyone, and I would never let anyone hurt her"

But, on saying that, I recall that, at this very moment, she is probably being raped by Shinji or tortured by Zouken and, the emotion of the situation overwhelming me, I also start to break down in tears. I hug Taiga even more tightly.

"*sob* I'm sorry, Fuji-Nee, I acted stupidly earlier. I don't know what came over me. Will you forgive me?"
    Last edited by Mike1984; March 16th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    1/1/00
    00:04

Talking to yourself is usually metaphorical, and arguing with yourself even moreso. So this is what I'm pretty sure is a unique experience in the history of the world: literally arguing with yourself. Ayako had been overwhelmed with my rude arrival, but she recovered soon enough.

Wait – who are you? What are you do – oh God, what are these? Sakura? Shinji? Get out of my mind, I'm gonna kill him!

Look Ayako – can I call you Ayako? - I'm here to help. But we can't do anything right now to help. Her grandfather will kill us straight dead without blinking. But I think I have a plan...

Okay, back up. Where am I going to get that kind of money? An extra 75,000? How?

Good friends.

I pick up Ayako's cell phone and dial a friend. Expecting Rin to pick up at this time of night is a long shot, but I can always leave a message.

Blog Entries
    There it is Tiger for a fact he's not Shirou, Shirou would never make up a condition like defining his loved one's as better. you know the kid. this isn't him.

I shift my arms and hug Shirou back burying my face to his neck then slipping my hands near his throat. "I would. if you were Shirou. so you have exactly ten seconds to tell me who you are." I reply with an angry look on my face and hands at his throat.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1 Jan 2000
    Kotomine Church, Fuyuki City, Japan

The start of a millennium...

Kotomine Kirei stood before the altar of the church, frowning as the last stragglers of the late service on New Year's Eve slipped away to one venue of celebration or another, all of them unaware that in a month's time, a true miracle would grace them, just as it had ten years ago. He could feel it deep inside of him, the siren song of the Holy Grail and the suffering it promised - the human misery from which he derived such joys and amusement. It whispered promises of death, promises of destruction, promises of unending despair - and these Kotomine welcomed, for they were as valuable as anything else in the world. After all, good could only be defined in opposition to evil, kindness to cruel, heroism to base villainy...and heroism did not usually long endure when confronted with temptation.

The spirit of would-be heroes might be willing, as they went into the world high on borrowed ideals, carrying the belief that they could make a difference; but the flesh is spongy and weak, with these same heroes falling from grace, led astray by their earthly desires, as was only natural. After all, one could not simply give of themselves and expect nothing in return. There was always selfishness, as even altruism was backed by self-satisfaction and the lust for recognition; there was always deceit, as saviours became destroyers in the name of the greater good, lying to themselves and to the world in order to sleep at night; there was always the cold recognition that eventually, one could give and give and make no bit of difference, until at last, "heroes" died friendless and alone like the frauds they were, drowned under the weight of misery they could no longer hold back.

Even the "heroes" of the past, whose deeds were glorified by myth and legend, fell victim to the same, as most were simply villains who won the day and were remembered. What was the difference, after all, between heroism and villainy besides a certain point of view? Both killed, both neglected, both believed firmly in the rightness of their cause and ignored others for a time. Arturia Pendragon, for instance, called the "King of Knights", was a tyrant who destroyed her own villages in order to repulse invaders, thinking she had the right to kill as she pleased--and then was surprised when the people turned against her, when her knights rose in rebellion and she was forced to fight them to the last.

The truth was that humanity didn't trust heroes, didn't want heroes - didn't need them, at least in the sense of saving people, in keeping all from suffering.

It was impossible to keep oneself pure, to focus only on salvation, as to live was to do evil - that was a truth that none could escape.

Even the Church knew this in secret, which is why they had Executors and Buriers - heretics who used magic and other methods anti-thetical to the faith to eliminate other heretics. And as such, he of the Assembly of the 8th Sacrament had been chosen to oversee the Holy Grail War, purportedly about the cup of Christ and the power to grant wishes, but in reality about so much more. He had learned this ten years ago, when he had been defeated and left for dead by Emiya Kiritsugu, his heart destroyed, his body bleeding out.

Angra Mainyu had saved him then, as well as his Servant, allowing them both to remain in this world as a testament to its power.

And now, the Dark One was stirring once more, yearning to be released from its confines within the Greater Grail.

Much had already been done. The missives had been sent, the players gathering and plotting even as the new year tolled, but yet...

"Gilgamesh," he said into the nothingness. "Were humans quite as useless in your era, I wonder?"

"As pathetic as these mongrels?" a sneering voice asked from behind him. "Of course not. In my era, each person served a purpose. No one was unnecessary."

"Hm. There is yet time before the great game commences, but when it does, I expect even you shall find it...entertaining...."

"The only entertainment I seek is seeing Saber once again...can the Grail bring me that, Kirei?"

"Perhaps, Gilgamesh. Perhaps."
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; March 17th, 2011 at 07:02 AM.