Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: Melancholy of One (A Grail Works. LTD. Story)

Blog Entries
    Gawain has Galantine stuck up his ass. Leo being himself doesn't help. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Hard to imagine - but then, I'm still trying to figure out why he got Arturia, and not Gilgamesh.
    'Cause he doesn't have an ego, he doesn't know any other way of living.

*stops dead*

. . . He. Said. WHAT?!

*seethes* Death . . . Death NOW . . . ! *chokes on rage*

. . .

. . . Yeah, KunaiKaiRoe, I'm definitely going to need that ladder. I need to introduce him to "Unlimited Splinter Works" after I ram it up his ass, break off whatever won't fit, and beat his head in with the pieces.
    To be fair, she called that herself first. But I prefer his taunt against Archer. "pull back and cower like an archer should, nameless Servant."

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Gawain has Galantine stuck up his ass. Leo being himself doesn't help. =P
    I'm almost insulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I'm almost insulted.
    Would it help if I said Leonard B. Harway? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    *materializes Ladder and hands it over to Kieran*
    Be sure to save a piece, so I can magically recreate the Ladder.
    That thing cost me the arms and legs of a few Dracula-wannabes. Having to beg Chelsea Mamonarge for another will be a pain.
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *takes Ladder*

I'll do my best.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by kuniKaiRoe View Post
    *is distracted by... miscellaneous stuff. yeah*
    Shinryu: You're just embarassed that you bought MGS3 for 3DS.
    Shut up.
    Summary: in which risks are run, Extra!Arturia finds disturbing parallels, Rani is reproachful, and Red Saber needs mana badly.
    Well, Rani was really more helpful than reproachful. But otherwise, yeah, Leo's remarks hit a little too close to home for Arturia's comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Loved the chapter, especially the segment with Leo.
    I want to hug Rani.

That is all.

... oh wait, I forgot. You got Touko down perfectly. There is/was a Mikiya in this world, isn't it.
    Rani likes hugs, I'd think. And yes, there's a Mikiya in this world, although he won't actually be appearing in the story.

Thank you for doing this so quickly, given your schedule . . . And yeah - I foresee Arturia smacking her Master at some point, because I don't think he's any more the type to learn from his dreams than Shirou was. I mean, lecturing one of the most celebrated kings in mythological history on what's required to do the job?

His ego doesn't need puncturing - it needs to be eviscerated.

For the record, Fate/Extra Servants don't share their dreams with their Masters. Leo knows nothing aside from what Arturia decides to tell him, and whatever else he knows from history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Now you know why he is on the receiving end of all that much hate. And Gawain's behavior didn't help him at all. If anything, Gawain was even worse. I'm still not forgiving him on calling Extra!Saber "Whore of Babylon".

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    *stops dead*

. . . He. Said. WHAT?!

*seethes* Death . . . Death NOW . . . ! *chokes on rage*

. . .

. . . Yeah, KuniKaiRoe, I'm definitely going to need that ladder. I need to introduce him to "Unlimited Splinter Works" after I ram it up his ass, break off whatever won't fit, and beat his head in with the pieces.
    Anyone actually surprised that Gawain would refer to Emperor Nero (a female Emperor Nero, no less) as that?

Hard to imagine - but then, I'm still trying to figure out why he got Arturia, and not Gilgamesh.
    Leo and Gil would be a hilarious and almost entirely incompatible combination, true.

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    To be fair, she called that herself first. But I prefer his taunt against Archer. "pull back and cower like an archer should, nameless Servant."
    More historical accuracy - archers were looked down upon by knights of King Arthur's time. Of course that makes Archer being considered one of the three 'knight' classes ever stranger, but hey, Nasuverse.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Gil would just walk all over Leo because of how Leo is a would-be king. Gil, of course, would not take too kindly to that. Nope, not one bit.

He'd be way too antagonistic if he hadn't abused his Independent Action by that point. I'd be even worse than the Dan/Robin Hood team up.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pureauthor View Post
    Well, Rani was really more helpful than reproachful. But otherwise, yeah, Leo's remarks hit a little too close to home for Arturia's comfort.
    There's no way they couldn't.

Rani likes hugs, I'd think. And yes, there's a Mikiya in this world, although he won't actually be appearing in the story.
    Well, if she wants one . . . *blush*

For the record, Fate/Extra Servants don't share their dreams with their Masters. Leo knows nothing aside from what Arturia decides to tell him, and whatever else he knows from history books.
    Which makes it even worse, because the history books would give him the idealised version, making Arturia seem an even more perfect king.

Anyone actually surprised that Gawain would refer to Emperor Nero (a female Emperor Nero, no less) as that?
    Surprised, no. Incandescently furious - ABSOLUTELY.

Leo and Gil would be a hilarious and almost entirely incompatible combination, true.
    Omake material, perhaps?

More historical accuracy - archers were looked down upon by knights of King Arthur's time. Of course that makes Archer being considered one of the three 'knight' classes ever stranger, but hey, Nasuverse.
    "Knight" as in "direct combat type," maybe?

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I can't hate Leonard, since that was the way he was brought up - told all his life that he is destined to rule over the entire world and told how to rule it, to say nothing of the painful surgeries and augmentations he received when he was as young as a toddler - and I actually feel sympathy for the way the guy is.

I will admit that I enjoyed stabbing him in the chest only because of the way he trash-talked Rani in Week 7. Then all bets were off that one time. He doesn't get away with shit-talking sweet little Rani on my watch.

Still, I don't hate Leo. I pity him.

And yes, Leo is supposed to reference F/SN Saber with certain aspects of his personality.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I can't hate Leonard, since that was the way he was brought up - told all his life that he is destined to rule over the entire world and told how to rule it, to say nothing of the painful surgeries and augmentations he received when he was as young as a toddler - and I actually feel sympathy for the way the guy is.

I will admit that I enjoyed stabbing him in the chest only because of the way he trash-talked Rani in Week 7. Then all bets were off that one time. He doesn't get away with shit-talking sweet little Rani on my watch.

Still, I don't hate Leo. I pity him.
    And you can do that - you have the experience. I don't, so I say that pulling his spine out through his colon is a fine idea. (Kudos for protecting Rani, though.)

And yes, Leo is supposed to reference F/SN Saber with certain aspects of his personality.
    Mostly her own worst aspects, it seems. Ah, well - if I don't have an antagonist I can hate, I'm not happy.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

So they need to fix Saber's connection with Shiki, huh?

[x]Ask Rin for advice.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks like they'll be needing some help from Assisted Consent Rin, huh? AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.

A prana-fixing four-way sounds good.

And now I know why Extra!Tohno doesn't have his MEoDP.

Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post

[x]Ask Rin for advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Looks like they'll be needing some help from Assisted Consent Rin, huh? AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    So that's two votes for Rin, I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    A prana-fixing four-way sounds good.

And now I know why Extra!Tohno doesn't have his MEoDP.
    And one for a fourway.

*scribbles notes*

And one for a fourway.
    Touko as the fourth would be unlikely but hilarious and hot.

And you can do that - you have the experience. I don't, so I say that pulling his spine out through his colon is a fine idea. (Kudos for protecting Rani, though.)

Mostly her own worst aspects, it seems. Ah, well - if I don't have an antagonist I can hate, I'm not happy.
    To be honest, it happens the same to me that happens to IRUn. I don't hate Leonard as much as I hated him, (Gawain is still fair play, though). I almost felt a bit bad when he was almost relieved of dying at your hands.Then I remembered all the shit he put on me through the week and how I wasn't happy with him patronizing Rin through all the game. And it was satisfying being the one who put him down.

The funny thing is that Gawain knew how that path ends, and he could had helped him, but he did nothing, and just proceeded to talk you (and everyone besides Leonard) down. I'll give to him, though, that he was the only Servant who made me use one autores from Saber (I was careless, I didn't expect Galatine when he used it)

Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post

[x]Ask Rin for advice.
    This. So much this.

AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    I feel the need to quote this in my sign. Can I?

So that's two votes for Rin, I take it.
    Make this three for Rin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heh, go ahead Ergast :P

One day I'ed like to see someone make a fic with AC!Rin.

Chapter Twenty Five: Har/Ass/ist

*~*

Hiya, all.

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

*~*

As Shiki came within sight of his room, he drew to a halt.

Placed conspicuously in front of the entrance to his room was a potted plant, swaying slightly in the night breeze.

He stood, staring dumbly at the plant for several long seconds. Then he glanced up and down the corridor, but there didn't appear to be anyone else present who could have left it there.

The possibility of it being a trap of some kind flitted through Shiki's head, but that didn't appear to make any sense. If it was supposed to be a trap, why a potted plant?

Suddenly, he noticed a tiny note tied to the stem of the plant, and leaned down to pick it up.

'Hey. Some lady in a striped t-shirt handed me this plant. It's supposed to be a reward of some kind, according to her. I suppose you'd know more about it than I would. By the way, would you come meet me at the Archery Range tomorrow? I have some things I need to discuss with you. - Shiki'

Refolding and pocketing the note, Shik let out a small sigh before lifting the potted plant and bringing it into his room.

As the door slid shut behind him, Shiki turned to face the empty room and he slumped down onto a chair.

Without Saber there, the place seemed... empty.

It was surprising how, in the span of a mere two weeks, he had grown so used to Saber sharing a room with him. Even when he wasn't specifically paying attention to her, there had always been the signs of her presence - the sounds of her practicing her swordplay, taking a bath, or even simply sleeping.

Now though, the silence was deafening.

Shiki went through the motions of preparing for bed mechanically, his thoughts occupied with the current suffering of his Servant. He'd need to find some way to help her - asking the other Masters was the fastest way for that.

His thoughts drifted to Rani. She'd already promised that she would do what she could for Saber. Well, that was something.

What about Rin? He wasn't sure if she would be willing to help him take care of Saber. Of course she'd helped him before, but... he couldn't shake the feeling that a request like this was on an entirely different level, somehow.

The night proved to be a restless one.

*~*

Moon Cell, Digital Tsukumihara Academy, Commissary

A World of Lights - Rin's Theme

"Good morning," Rin smiled breezily at him as he sat at the table opposite her. "What's on your mind?"

Shiki looked serious today, she noted. Something about his countenance made him seem more... driven. She wasn't sure just what it was, but...

"His Servant's not here." Lancer said.

"Eh?" Rin blinked and looked at Shiki. "Hey. My Servant said he can't sense yours. Anything the matter?"

"That's right..." Shiki nodded. "Rin, I need to ask for your help."

"... Sounds serious." She hid her hesitation by reaching for a cup of water. "What happened?"

Shiki looked down at the table. "Yesterday, Julius attacked me. Saber threw herself in front of me to shield me from his Servant... and this resulted in her energy flow being... disrupted, somehow. Now she doesn't have the energy to do anything anymore."

"Julius did that?" her expression sharpened. "How?"

"I think he managed to temporarily create a location within the Arena via hacking. He didn't appear to have any worries about the stat penalty hitting him, and he retreated once the locations were reverted."

"Hm," Rin cupped her chin. "He's most likely the one behind the disappearances during the second week, then."

"Disappearances?"

"Oh, you didn't know? Days five and six saw a lot of Masters just up and vanishing. If he was able to hack them into the Arena, he could dispose of them without leaving any evidence." All to protect his brother, of course. "If I remember right, a lot of the vanishing Masters weren't particularly renowned in the Mage community. Might be his way of cleaning out the chaff. Wonder what that says about you."

He didn't react visibly to her remark. Well, she supposed his worry about his Servant was the main thing on his mind.

"Anyway, you want my help? I can't really be sure what he did to your Servant unless I can analyse her for myself. And, well..." she scratched at her chin. "I don't think you'd be too keen on me being able to get all the information I can from her, do you?"

Shiki lifted his eyes to look at her, his gaze steady. "If it'll help her, then I'll do it."

"... Wow. Must be pretty serious," Rin sighed and nodded. "Well, fine. I'll help."

Shiki blinked. "Really? Just... just like that?"

"Free information on a potential enemy's Servant? No way I'm passing that up. Besides," Rin smiled at Shiki. "If the Harways want you dead, then I want you alive. Sometimes it's just that simple. So, where is she?'

"... The Chapel. Come on, I'll take you there."

*~*

As the two (well, three, but Lancer had been entirely silent and Shiki felt safe in discounting him for now) of them neared the Chapel, Shiki saw a figure garbed in white standing patiently near the entrance.

"Rani? What are you doing here?"

"Did I not promise to help you?" the Alchemist said after she had bowed in greeting. "As a matter of fact, I had just arrived and was about to enter."

"O ho," Rin chuckled.. "So you managed to rope the representative from Atlas into your little scheme, too? You sure know how to make alliances, Shiki."

"... Rin Tohsaka," Rani said calmly as she turned to face her. "I believe we have not been introduced to the other yet. A pleasure to meet you."

"Charmed," Rin nodded and turned towards the Chapel. "You're here to help out Shiki's Saber too?"

"I intend to try."

"Hm," Rin nodded once. "Well, no time like the present." And, stepping forward, she pushed open the doors to the Chapel and stepped inside.

"Welcome to the Chapel. I'm sorry, but we're not offering Alte - oh, it's you, Shiki," Aoko smiled and rubbed at her neck. "And a lovely lady on each arm!"

"Blue..." Rin said as she pulled to a halt.

"Hm? Well, if it isn't Tohsaka. And Rani," Aoko's expression brightened. "That'll be of some help."

"You've... you've been helping him?" Rin said as she looked at the Altar, where Saber could be seen, silent and still.

"You could say that," Aoko said as she flopped back onto a chair.

"How is she, Sensei?" Shiki asked as he stepped towards Saber, one hand reaching out to grasp her hand. To be honest, he didn't know if she could sense his hand, but if she could, he wanted her to know that he was here.

"Same as last night. In pain, suffering, but stable. Can't for the life of me figure out what to do with that, though."

"All right then!" Rin had an enthusiastic smirk on her face. "Let's get down to business!"

Silently, Rani walked up to the other side of the Altar, crouching over as she fiddled with one of the monitors.

Shiki stepped back, watching as Rin leaned directly over Saber's form. A flickering blue screen traced itself in the air over Saber, and she running her hand over it, letting streams of data flow through the screen faster than Shiki could see.

After several second of watching the two of them work, Shiki coughed. "Um, do you need me to do anything?"

Rin paused and glanced up. "Do you know what any of this stuff does?"

"... No."

"Then you can not disturb us."

"I agree," Rani said without looking up. "For now, it would be best if you did not get in our way."

And then the two girls returned all of their focus to Saber. Aoko gave Shiki a sympathetic smile, but a moment later Rin called her up to clarify something.

Alone, Shiki stood staring at the scene for several long minutes before he turned and left the Chapel.

*~*

Moon Cell, Digital Tsukumihara Academy, Archery Range

"There you are," Shiki caught sight of his counterpart sitting at a chair, a book in hand. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Hm? Oh, what took you so long?" the other Shiki smiled as he looked up. "Well, anyway, there's something I need to tell you. But..." he trailed off, glancing to his side.

"Hey, where's your Servant?" Caster said as she appeared, her head tilted to one side. "I can't sense her in the area. Did you leave her behind?"

Shiki shook his head. "She's in the Chapel, being looked after by Sensei. Assassin's attack yesterday... it did something to her and now she can't really function."

"Oh?" the other Shiki's expression went from a gentle smile to a frown. "That's not good."

"No, it's not," Shiki shook his head and slumped against the back wall of the range. "Without energy, Servants can't function or even live.."

"Hey, Caster? Would you be able to help her?"

"Eh? I don't know. I mean - there's not a lot of information to go on, is there?"

"It's all right," Shiki managed to smile. "I've got people helping me out with that. They're busy looking after now."

"I see," the other Shiki glanced towards the distance. “That’s good then…” he trailed off, a thoughtful look on his face.

"What’s wrong?"

"No, just thought I'd extend an invitation."

"Huh?"

The other Shiki pushed his glasses up his nose. "Do you want to visit the Arena with me?"

"What? But Saber is-"

"Yeah, that's right. Your Servant can’t fight now. But the Elimination Match isn't going to wait for her to heal before it arrives. I don't know how long it will be until Saber has recovered, but you don't want to take the chance that it'll be too late to collect the Triggers by then, do you? That'd be too pathetic a way to die."

Shiki didn’t say anything in reply.

“Between the three of us, we should be able to handle anything in the Arena. So, what do you say?”

Shiki shook his head, although a brief smile came across his face. “Thanks, but… I need to stay by Saber’s side. I have to make sure she’s all right before anything else.”

“Ah, such devotion to your Servant!” Caster beamed at Shiki. “You are just like my Master! I mean, since you are my Master… except not.”

The other Shiki nodded and stood. “I see. Well, I won’t be heading in just yet, so tell me if you change your mind.”

“All right. And thanks for the offer,” Shiki turned and took several steps before he pulled to a halt. “By the way, what was it you wanted to talk to me about in the first place?”

“Oh, that? That can wait,” Shiki waved the question away with a lazy gesture. “At least until your Servant is healed.”

“… All right, then.”

*~*

“Oh, Touko-san!”

“Where’d you run off to, kid?” the blue-haired magus never lifted her head from the monitor. “Nevermind. Not important.”

“Uh, where’s everyone else?”

“Oh, the girls you got to help out? They apparently managed to pull out some information and they’re in the back sifting through them right now. Apparently some of the data was kind of unexpected.”

“Oh…” Shiki trailed off. “Uhm… what about you, Touko-san?”

“Me? Reconfiguring this into something that’ll let us talk to your crippled Servant?”

“Huh?”

“Yup,” Touko lit a cigarette and popped it into her mouth. “Your Servant’s conscious. Too much brainwave activity for her not to be. She literally can’t do a thing, though. Except breathe, I guess, and that’s taxing her enough as it is. Even speaking is right out.”

Shiki swallowed as he turned to face Saber, and unconsciously he took a step in her direction.

“Anyway, that’s why I’m setting this thing up, where it’ll read her thoughts and send it to this monitor. If we can communicate with her about what she’s feeling where, we might be able to solve this that much faster. Admittedly the way it is it’s going to mostly be vague generalities, but you take what you can get,” Touko paused. “Well, go on. Say something to her.”

“… Saber?” Shiki’s voice was tentative, as if he subconsciously believed that speaking too loud might disturb her somehow. From beside him Touko swivelled the monitor so Shiki could see the screen, on which block letters were spelled out.

MASTER

“Yes, it’s me,” reaching over, Shiki cupped Saber’s hand in his own. “Don’t worry. We’ll have you fully recovered in no time.”

HOW LONG

“… It’s been about a day so far.”

“Whoa,” Touko murmured. “Activity just spiked. She’s agitated about something.” Shiki had to concur. He could still feel Saber’s superficial emotions from their bond, and a wave of unease was boiling from her right now.

TRIGGERS

“Don’t worry, we have time…” Shiki trailed off. “And… well, our opponent made me an offer.” He glanced over his shoulder at Touko, but she was still staring at her own computer.

Inquisitiveness.

“I’ll go to the Arena with him to collect my Triggers for today. We’ll work together on that,” Shiki said. “I refused, though.”

WHY

“I…” Shiki sighed and looked down at the floor. “I didn’t want to leave you alone like this. Not for any real length of time, anyway.”

A confused flurry of emotion from Saber now.

MASTER

GO

“But…”

TRUST

YOU

DO NOT WORRY

Shiki stood silent for a long moment. And then he squeezed Saber’s hand, tightly.

“I’ll be back soon. I promise. Just hang in there, all right?”

“Hm? Heading off so soon?” Touko raised her head.

“… I’ve an errand to run,” Shiki said shortly. “I won’t be gone long.”

Not stopping to hear her reply, he hurried out of the Chapel.

*~*

Exploring the 3rd Chimeric Lunar Sea

“So she asked you to come, then?” Caster heard her Master ask as she stepped out into the Arena.

“Yes. She told me…” an odd note of hesitancy entered the other’s voice. “She told me that she trusted me.”

“Of course she did!” Caster said as she turned back to face the both of them. “A Servant has to be able to trust her Master, doesn’t she? It’s a mutual bond that makes everything work!”

“Mutual bond, huh?” her Master closed one eye and shook his head. “Well, I suppose the concept of having to work together has been drilled into my head often enough.”

“Well, you may say that, but whenever I’m in a pinch you’ll fight your hardest to save me! That’s what I like about you, Master!”

The other Shiki turned towards one of the walls. “This one has an invisible path beyond it.” he said, pointing towards it.”

“Oh, you’ve been here before?” her Master questioned.

“Yeah… didn’t get very far though,” he gazed out into the darkness beyond. “Come on, let’s hurry this up. I want to get back to Saber.”

“Hold that thought,” her Master said, and she heard the familiar ‘click!’ of him extending the blade on his knife at the same time that she caught sight of several guardians approaching her.

“Hmph!” she frowned and drew a talisman. “Out of the way! We don’t have time for you! Curse: Fiery Heaven!”

The spell exploded from the ground, sending up a towering pillar of flame. The avians swerved around, one of them breaking straight for her, while the others wheeled to strike at the two humans behind her.

Her mirror floated up, slamming into the bird and knocking it out of its path. Rallying quickly, the guardian swooped down again, beak seeking to tear at her soft, vulnerable flesh. Hastily, Caster retreated, only to see a dark shape dart in front of her. A quick flash of movement and the bird crumpled to the ground, missing its head.

“Thanks!” Caster called out before she drew another talisman. “Curse: Frigid Heaven!” A blast of ice this time, freezing the wings of another of the creatures and sending it crashing. A quick stab finished it off.

Another flash of movement, and the last of the guardians fell and dissolved into nothing as the three of them stood to take stock of the situation.

“That was awesome, Master! As usual, I mean,” Caster clapped her hands together.

“… Well, it got the job done,” her Master nodded. “Come on, you two, let’s get going. We’ve two Triggers to find today.”

The three of them continued their exploration, and despite it being slower than normal thanks to having to constantly check for hidden paths, they made a decent amount of headway through the Arena.

Shiki and Caster – An Extra Life with Another

“Say, Caster?” came the voice from behind her, and she turned to regard her Master.

“What is it, Master?”

“How do you feel about…” he glanced over his shoulder at the other Shiki, who was lagging behind somewhat as he checked the walls out for hidden paths. “Well, about him?”

“Oh, the other you, Master? Well…” Caster folded her arms . “He’s a lot like you!”

“Uh… I kinda got that…”

“No, I mean in that he also knows what it means to value the bond between a Servant and her Master. Masters who don’t understand that bond are just the worst,” Caster sighed and slumped over for a moment before perking up again. “Not him, though! He’s doing all he can for his Saber, so that’s something worth looking up to him about.”

“I see…”

“Well, he still can’t hold a candle to you though, my dear Master!” Caster turned midstep to face him. “After the way we’ve grown closer to each other over these past two weeks, there’s no doubt in my mind of that!”

“That so? You really think there’s a difference between the two of us?”

“Of course! It’s like night and day! Even a moment of observation would make it obvious, Master!”

“Oh…” her Master rubbed the back of her head. “Well then, what would you say if I told you I wasn’t your Master?’

“… Eh?”

“I’m sorry, Caster,” the other Shiki chuckled as he increased his pace to catch up with them. “I just thought it’d be a fun trick to try.”

“Eh? Eh?” Caste sputtered as she turned to the Shiki beside her. “Then… he’s.. And you are…?”

“Sorry,” he held up his arm to her, and for the first time, Caster noticed that the Command Seals on it were different from the ones that her Master had. “We just thought it’d be interesting to see how it played out.”

“So… you tricked me? I can’t believe that! That’s horrible! You’re horrible!” Caster could feel her face turning red, which wasn’t helped by how her Master appeared to be trying to rein in his laughter. “I take it all back! You don’t understand the bond of a Servant and a Master at all! And you certainly don’t understand a maiden’s fragile heart!”

“I’m sorry, Caster,” her Master repeated as he lay an arm on her shoulder. “But on the flip side, maybe you should be a bit more careful about singing my praises to everyone in the vicinity, right?”

“W- well…”

“Oh, there’s a data cell,” the other Shiki interrupted. Caster turned to look in the direction her was pointing.

“… I don’t see anything.”

“You don’t? Then it’s most probably my Trigger.” He stepped forward and began feeling about for a hidden passage that would lead him to the chamber.

After a long moment, he stepped back and sighed. “Nothing.”

“Well, at least we know where it is,” her Master nodded. “Come on, let’s try another route towards it.”

“Way ahead of you.”

*~*

Moon Cell, Digital Tsukumihara Academy, 1st Floor Foyer

“Two Triggers in one day,” Shiki muttered as he held the golden card up to the light.

“Well, I’d say it went well enough,” the other Shiki said with a smile. “If your Saber hasn’t recovered by the time the next Trigger gets generated, talk to me and we can do this again.”

“Again?” the voice from behind them was calm and both Shiki’s whirled to see Father Kotomine standing there, his arms clasped behind his back. “I do not think so.”

“What is it?” Shiki questioned as he stared at the imposing figure.

“To the point? Very well,” Kotomine nodded once. “What you two have done is in violation of the rules of the Grail War. Two Masters allying together in search of the Triggers for their Arena goes against the spirit of competition that this Grail War was intended to invoke. Under ordinary circumstances, this would result in a stat penalty for both parties involved.”

“Under ordinary circumstances?”

“Indeed,” Father Kotomine nodded once. “The current situation of two of the same Master being matched against each other has never occurred within the Moon Cell’s record, and so SE.RA.PH. has deemed that today an exception is to be made for the sake of the records. However, I wish to establish that such an alliance is not to be attempted a second time. Are we clear on this?”

Silence.

“Then, I shall take my leave.”

The other Shiki folded his arms as he watched Kotomine turn and leave. “That guy gives me the creeps.”

“Yeah… I know what you mean.”

*~*

“Where have you been?” Rin raised an eyebrow as she Shiki stumbled into the Chapel.

“Sorry, sorry,” Shiki said as he hurried over to where Saber was lying on the Altar. “Did I keep you waiting?”

“No. As a matter of fact, we have just finished with our diagnosis,” Rani said as she turned to regard Shiki. “We just wondered what took up an entire day’s worth of your time.”

I went through the Arena with the me from the world. “I was trying to find out more about my opponent. I guess it’s all I can do right now.”

“Hm,” Rin folded her arms. “Well, anyway, we’ve come up with something that should work for getting your Servant back on her feet.”

“Really?” Shiki broke into a smile. “Well, let’s hear it.”

*~*

Chapter End

*~*

Thank you for reading. Please feel free to comment and criticize if you feel it’s warranted.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by pureauthor; March 1st, 2012 at 01:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "And a lovely lady on each arm1"
    You should see the mistake here.

And Castko is still love. Along with Saber being so lovable, seriously.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw