Page 1 of 21 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: [Evangelion / Fate Zero] Solenoid Flux

[Evangelion / Fate Zero] Solenoid Flux

It's been done before, but seeing Lancelot in Fate/Zero 05, I had to do this ...

Solenoid Flux
    An Evangelion / Fate Zero Crossover Concept
    Archive Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7820288/1/

Snippet #1: Summoning
    Snippet #2: Involution
    Snippet #3: For the Glory of Another
    Snippet #4: Zabaniya
    Snippet #5: In that year, she was still a child ...
    Snippet #6: Casses Circumdant I / Opening Salvo
    Snippet #7: Casses Circumdant II / This Present Illusion
    Snippet #8: Casses Circumdant III / Dysconclusion
    Snippet #9: Wednesday, 19th March
    Snippet #10: The Court Unseelie
    Snippet #11: Bluebeard

Omake #1: Fujimura Dojo, Issue 1

// Fuyuki City, 1997

Zouken blinked slowly. This was the 'strongest' Servant? It seemed that a full year of preparation hadn't made the boy any less of a disappointment. He allowed himself an ironic chuckle; he'd known better than to place faith in a broken instrument.

"Um ... I'm, uh, Servant Berserker," said the child at the center of the formalcraft circle. "Are you my Master?"

Kariya couldn't keep himself from gaping dumbly. To save Sakura, he needed a strong Servant -- not some weak, effeminate-looking boy. And what sort of Heroic Spirit manifested in a boy's student uniform? If the kid was a hero from the modern era, Kariya hadn't heard of any who matched his description.

"Your identity intrigues, Servant," said Zouken before Kariya could make a response. "Pray tell, who might you be?"

"Uh ... my legend hasn't really come into existence yet in this era," replied the Servant hesitantly. "Even if I told you who I was, you probably wouldn't recognize my name. You could, ah, refer to me as the Third Child for now?"

The gnarled old man barked out a laugh.

"Precious, precious," he said, amused despite himself. "And why is it that Mad Enhancement isn't triggered by default?"

The Servant scratched the back of his head as if embarassed.

"I should probably apologize about that," he said.

"Apologize?" asked Kariya.

"Um ... based on the information that the Holy Grail's given me, my Mad Enhancement boosts all attributes except Luck to A-Rank or higher."

"So, what exactly is the problem?"

"It's conditional," said the Servant, expression downcast. "You won't be able to activate it with a Command Seal, because it will only manifest if I'm in mortal peril. The rest of the time, most of my attributes are E-Rank or lower. Really, I'm not much stronger than a normal human."

Kariya pulled his lips into a line. It was sounding less and less as if he had a chance at winning the war -- but he'd made a promise to Sakura. There was no backing out. Not after a whole year. Tokiomi had to pay.

"I formalize the contract," he said, gritting his teeth. "I recognize you as my Servant, and I shall be your Master in this War."

The Servant nodded, and the formalcraft circle flared again before dying down. Zouken, who had looked on during the exchange with an amused smile, released a cackle.

"Well done, Kariya," he said. "I don't believe that you'll win this War, but I anticipate that your efforts shall be most amusing."

Kariya's fingernails dug into the flesh of his palm.

//

"I shouldn't pry," said Berserker, "but, ah, do you always get on so badly with your father?"

Kariya sat himself down on a dew-covered wooden bench, taking in the sight of the Mion River at night.

"That old bloodsucker hasn't been my father for a long time," he said after awhile. "If he didn't have a use for me, he'd cast me aside without a second thought."

An odd expression crossed Berserker's face, but Kariya didn't read much into it. Instead, he regarded the boy with his good eye, pushing himself to activate his senses.

Matou Kariya wasn't a trained user of magecraft, but his efforts toward becoming a competent Master of the War had won him one hard-earned trait -- an astute sensitivity to supernatural energies. He'd been dimly aware of something being 'off' about his servant in the basement of the family estate, but his experiment just now proved it: Berserker did not have a Servant's presence. He felt like a completely normal human.

Kariya had heard that the Assassins possessed a class ability permitting concealment of presence, but this was a different animal. Berserker still gave off a presence, but it wasn't anywhere near as strong as Zouken's simulation of a Heroic Spirit's aura. Could this be exploited somehow?

"Hey," he said. "Is it really alright if you don't go astral? Somebody might detect you."

Berserker glanced about, seeming slightly worried.

"Um ... I don't think there's anyone here?" he said. "I can dematerialize if it makes you more comfortable, but I sort of figured that if they saw me, they would mistake me for a normal human. An enemy Master probably wouldn't be able to get an accurate read on me, I think."

It seemed that Berserker was somewhat aware of his attributes. Kariya wouldn't be able to rely on him for monstrous brute strength as he'd intended before the summoning, but there had to be some way to use this to his advantage. Maybe an ambush?

"What are your combat capabilities?" asked Kariya. "We need to start planning out our tactics."

"I don't want to disappoint you, so I'll tell you right off the bat," said Berserker. "Without Mad Enhancement, my offensive abilities are limited to things you might learn in a self-defense class. I can handle a gun if we manage to procure one, but I'm not really that good with them."

It wasn't as off-putting to hear as Kariya had imagined; after the chain of disappointments that had already occurred this evening, he'd expected something like this.

"What about Noble Phantasms, then? Do you have anything we can use?"

"No offense, but you can't supply enough prana to support my primary Noble Phantasm."

Primary Noble Phantasm? The old man had assured him that he was capable of supplying sufficient prana to satisfy the demands of most Servants in short term. What was this Noble Phantasm that he couldn't support it?

"It's nominally an Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm the size of a building," continued Berserker, as if reading his mind. "Due to certain circumstances, I can forcibly ignore energy requirements to manifest it, but I'd rather not."

"To keep it as a trump?" asked Kariya.

"No," replied the Servant. "I'd rather not use it at all. The 'Anti-Fortress' description is only nominal. If it's manifested at full power, it would be considered an Anti-World weapon."

"Is that the only weapon that you have?"

"My secondary Noble Phantasm is a spear that can destroy bounded fields, but if it isn't used in conjunction with my first, its combat effectiveness is about equivalent to a normal spear."

Kariya sighed. The second had its uses, but neither sounded very reliable -- and Anti-Fortress was already a bit on the side of overkill. Too much risk of collateral damage. However, something Berserker said caught his attention.

"You talked about your limitations in offensive abilities. What about defensive ones?"

"I'm glad you asked," the boy replied with a small, proud smile.

Holding his right hand in the air, Berserker manifested a shimmering plane of orange light -- arranged, as far as Kariya could tell, in a regular hexagonal pattern. He could sense prana within the glow, but it was almost nonexistent; an enemy would probably have to be within very close range to detect it. Berserker's own odic pressure was obscured.

"A ... bounded field?" he asked.

Was Berserker qualified as a Caster? Personal bounded fields were something that very few magecraft users were capable of. The old man's friend, Araya Zouken, was said to be one of the few modern mages to have mastered such a technique.

"Similar, but not quite," replied Berserker, dismissing the field. "This is more of an ability than a Noble Phantasm, but it isn't exactly magecraft. I can do this all day without much drain, and it'd take a pretty high rank attack to breach it."

"Is there anything else you can do with it?"

As Berserker uttered the answer, a smile began to form on Kariya's face -- a humorless grin with no trace of mercy.

//

The weakest Servant of the 4th War ...

BERSERKER // the Third Child
    master: Matou Kariya
    attribute: Chaotic Neutral
    strength: E- (A)
    endurance: E- (A)
    agility: E- (A)
    mana: C (A)
    luck: D

Description:
    A nameless boy-hero of the End of Days, who defended mankind from the enemy known as the Aristoteles. Though many considered him a savior within his own lifetime, he was unable to obtain any true acknowledgement from those closest to him. In the end, his fate was steeped in bloodshed and sorrow.

Skills:
    Mad Enhancement - Rank A: Activation conditional to mortal peril. Deactivates upon successful conclusion of conflict, followed by a recovery period of a length dependent on the Master's prana supply. During activation, Monstrous Strength, Mental Pollution, and Battle Continuation equivalent to Rank A are exhibited. A more minimal manifestation of this skill -- known as Alaya Nemesis -- may be consciously accessed, but the Servant is reluctant to activate it except under extreme circumstances.
    Territory Creation - Rank A (A++): Construction of a mobile spatial quarantine that rejects foreign phenomenon up to a low divine Rank. During Mad Enhancement, the ability gains offensive projectile properties. Shares some characteristics with Reality Marble construction.
    Divinity - Rank C: Attribute of unspecified origin, which notably does not conflict with Monstrous Strength effects during Mad Enhancement. Limited resistance against divine phenomenon.
    Information Erasure - Rank C (-): As the exact identity of the Servant was suppressed within his lifetime, he was effectively an Unknown Hero despite his legend. Perhaps (?) in consequence, it is difficult to perceive him as a Heroic Spirit even with knowledge of his status as a Servant. The effect extends somewhat to prevent the Master's Perspective ability from directly reading the attributes of the Servant's Noble Phantasms, but it is cancelled during Mad Enhancement.
    Self-Modification - Rank - (A): Enabled only during Mad Enhancement. The Servant obtains the ability to repair injuries by incorporating into his own flesh the body parts of opponents.

Noble Phantasms:

The Beast // O-Ni System
    type: Support (Anti-Fortress / Anti-World)
    A monstrous cyborg capable of initiating the End of Days. Support of this Noble Phantasm is beyond the prana supply of the average magecraft user, but under specific circumstances, the Servant can force it into a self-sufficient state. Under standard functionality, the Noble Phantasm greatly magnifies the scale of the Servant's actions. In minimal manifestation, it may appear as a human-scaled personal armor during Mad Enhancement.

Lancea Longini // the Tree of Creation
    type: Anti-Barrier (Anti-Fortress / Anti-World)
    An organic red lance with a double-pronged blade; a conceptual weapon. At the Noble Phantasm's minimal level of manifestation, it is merely a polearm of uncommon robustness of construct, capable of annihilating bounded fields and certain magical phenomenon on contact. Full manifestation can only occur when used in conjunction with The Beast, whereupon the weapon becomes capable of absorbing the spirits of Aristoteles. It is an artifact central to the initiation of the End of Days.

Progressive Knife
    type: Anti-Unit
    A knife of standard appearance. If supplied with energy, the blade vibrates at supersonic frequencies, enabling better cutting power. Full manifestation in conjunction with The Beast raises attack power substantially. Strictly speaking, however, it does not qualify as a Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by fallacies; February 9th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    *Gendo pose*

Proceed.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    *shots Gendo poser* what the guy who just got shot said -.- *speaking about LeopardBear*
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scenario通りです

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y-You!

*Begins hyperventilating.*

B-But!

La-Lancelot!

*Dies.*

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This interests Al.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Theo you know we can't die on beasts lair
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Solenoid Flux
    An Evangelion / Fate Zero Crossover Concept
    Snippet #2: Involution

// Fuyuki City, 1997

There were situations where foreknowledge could jeopardize a mission's success. Assassin knew this, and was faintly aware that the Nefesh had denied him specific intelligence concerning the mark. Until now, it hadn't seemed like a problem.

"Curious," he muttered to himself, studying the garden of the Tohsaka Estate.

The boundary magecraft that he'd been told to expect had collapsed, even though the gems that had anchored it remained intact -- intact but empty of prana.

'I was not the only one sent?' he asked himself.

The Nefesh responded in resounding negative, and Assassin narrowed his eyes beneath his mask. There was an unexpected interloper, somewhere on the grounds.

'Abort mission,' said his Master across their link. 'It seems that Archer has been engaged in combat. Find out what you can about the opponent.'

Assassin nodded, dematerializing himself.

//

Kawamori Sayuna, age twenty-four -- an attractive young woman who had worked as a maid for the Tohsaka family for over five years. Tokiomi deemed her trustworthy enough to permit her presence when he spoke to guests on matters of magecraft.

Presently, she was repaying his high estimation of her with armed assault.

Gilgamesh had hoped against his better judgment that the Grail War would be worth his time, but already disappointment was setting in -- and the conflict had yet to even properly begin! The girl, his opponent in this first engagement, was at best a rank amateur, and a normal human at that. It was of barely any consolation that she possessed enough martial talent to nonlethally dispatch the useless guards his Master employed. As an indicator of what to expect of the future, though, this wasn't promising at all.

"You should be more discriminating in your selection of help, Tokiomi," said Gilgamesh, easily parrying the girl's spear-thrust.

"Decent help is hard to find these days, my lord," replied Tokiomi impassively, watching the fight from the safety of the grand staircase. "That crimson lance she's using -- it may be a Noble Phantasm that influences behavior. It is unlikely she's acting of her own will, and so I beg again that you refrain from using lethal attacks. "

Tokiomi was soft-minded fool, Gilgamesh was reminded -- a product of this wretchedly placid backwater. It was because he was refraining from lethal force that he hadn't simply opened the Gates to bombard the wench to bloody bits. An opponent of this caliber was hardly worthy of any serious attention. Could the magus truly not discern his restraint?

Still, Tokiomi was correct in judging the lance to be a Noble Phantasm. To have withstood his strikes without so much as a scratch, it would have to be -- but he was certain that it wasn't related to or based on any weapon he had obtained in life. Why the aura it gave off so damnably familiar, then? It irked him mightily that he couldn't place it.

Somehow ignoring the disabling bone fracture he had purposely induced, the maid forced herself to her feet, readying her polearm. Gilgamesh made a noise of displeasure with his lips. It would have been far easier to simply execute her.

"Show yourself, puppeteer," he bellowed. "You cannot expect that this mere thrall of a girl would be sufficient to defeat one such as I!"

In response, the maid leapt at him, propelled by some unnatural strength. Gilgamesh, though, had had quite enough. With a somewhat larger fraction of his strength, he struck the lance with his sword, sending it out of her hands. Reversing his grip, he struck her in the solar plexus with his hilt. The maid collapsed like a marionette bereft of strings, and Gilgamesh regarded Tokiomi with a disdainful sneer.

"If your high regard for the wench is unfeigned, Magus, you would do well to heal her quickly."

So saying, Gilgamesh turned to examine the lance -- only to catch the telltale dematerialization of a Noble Phantasm.

//

In a small playground five blocks away, Berserker got off his swing and looked in the direction of the Tohsaka Estate with a grim expression.

Kariya had instructed him to force Tohsaka's Servant to reveal his characteristics -- but Berserker was insufficiently skilled with Kaworu's remote manipulation technique to turn a normal woman into a significant threat. Even with all of the changes the Third Impact had wrought in his physiology in life, completely replicating the Angels' feats of AT-Field manipulation had always been somewhat beyond him.

Berserker doubted that Kariya would truly mind the failure, but it didn't stop him from feeling useless. He'd shielded the maid from injury where he could, but allowing an uninvolved, innocent woman to be seriously hurt hadn't been his intention in the first place -- it was a consequence of his inadequacy. Before the War concluded, he would have to make it up to her somehow.

Now wasn't the time, however. Pocketing his hands, he walked out the park without demanifestation, maintaining an unrushed pace. Kariya had warned him that the other participants in the War would likely be drawn to this district by the engagement, and the sight of him turning into glowing dust would compromise the advantage of his anonymity. Identification was something he couldn't risk this early into the War -- not if Kariya's plans for him to pose as a Servant of a different class were to be successful.

'Poker face,' he thought, aware that his heart was still pounding from the rush of combat. 'Act normal.'

It was a pity that the Grail hadn't manifested his SDAT as a Noble Phantasm; it was something he could really use right now. Maybe he could pick one up at a store?

//

"Assassin was unable to identify the interloper," said Kotomine into the horn of the workshop's phonograph. "He reports, though, that at the conclusion of hostilities, some sort of presence was lifted from the area. I wasn't able to detect anything of the sort myself."

"Neither was I, I confess," said Tohsaka Tokiomi's voice through the horn. "It appeared to me that the assailant was being manipulated through the Noble Phantasm she held. I would presume that this removal of presence may have merely come of its demanifestation -- a difference too fine to be felt by humans."

"You mentioned that the Noble Phantasm in question was a lance?" asked Kotomine. "It could be an indicator that the Lancer of this War masterminded the attack."

"Or Caster," countered Tohsaka. "It's said in Celtic legend that the witch known as Scathach was a capable wielder of the polearm. The geas magecraft she was famous for is linked to the foundations of the modern tradition of thaumaturgical puppetry."

"A cursed lance and a magus associated with polearms," mused Kotomine. "This really isn't enough to confirm our opponent's identity."

"We do know one thing for certain, though," said Tohsaka.

"And what's that?"

"The Noble Phantasm was used to collapse the security perimeter that I set up about the grounds. I can't see a reason something like that would be necessary, unless our mastermind were incapable of imposing manipulation through a bounded field."

Kotomine rubbed his chin.

"Perhaps this can be used to construct a defense ..."

//

"I'm not paying any more than ten thousand yen for this," said Kariya. "It's been in your window since last year, and you haven't managed to sell it off. This is the best offer you're going to get."

The shopkeeper, a punkish youth with blond, heavily greased hair, pulled his lips thin and gave Kariya a dangerous glare. For a long moment, their eyes locked, and Kariya thought he might get violent -- but in the end, the shopkeeper backed off and sighed.

"Fine, freakshow," he said, lifting his hands in defeat. "You win. Take the damned thing and get out of here."

Kariya laid the bills across the counter and picked up his purchase. At a pained hobble, he left the antiques shop. When the door clinked shut, the shopkeeper ran a hand through his hair.

"Fuck me and my charitability," he said to himself. "A genuine bone mask used by the Hashshashin for a mere ten thousand. Pops is gonna rip me a new one."

//

Somewhere, a black monolith appeared in an empty room.

"Katsuragi indicates that an S^2 phenomenon has been detected in Japan," said a voice. "Please advise."

Moments later, several more manifested, forming a rough circle.

"The time of revelations is not yet at hand," said another voice. "We must investigate this."

"Where did the disturbance occur?"

A satellite image lit up in the center of the circle.

"The city of Fuyuki, southwest of Tokyo," replied the voice of the first monolith.

"The Einzberns' pet project, then ... Something must be done about this. Can we make use of the Overseer assigned by the Vatican?"

"If my recollection does not fail me, Kotomine Risei is a loose cannon. He cannot be trusted."

A smooth, black pulpit appeared in the empty spot at the head of the room. At the top, there was an elderly German man in a business suit, sitting with his hands folded before his face.

"Let us send Ikari," he said. "Even if she knows nothing of the truth of this world, she should be resourceful enough to contain the situation."

"A test for her?"

"Indeed."

//

Return to Contents.
    Last edited by fallacies; February 7th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    This interests me.

Blog Entries
    Oh, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-... This HGW is about to get even more messed up, huh.

I mourn the loss of Berserker!Lancelot here, but hopefully this fic will make up for it eventually.

Gendou you cruel cruel bastard.

You're probably thinking of Kihl (Lorenz).

Granted, he was apparently making use of the Gendo pose, before Gendo himself made it iconic...
    Now, return to the void, in the midst of this infinite light!
    AIN SOPH AUR... DEAD END SHOOT!!

REJOICE, SHINJI IKARI!
    You now have a chance to change your past.
    Save your loved ones.
    Be a hero.

What will you do with this chance?

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

Blog Entries
    Oh man, 2ndsly you gain epic points.
    Also mr/mrs author, please, please update and continue your excellent story.

Blog Entries
    Speculation time: I'm reckoning Shinji won't get to bust out EVA-01 for most of the war, particularly at full power. It's a bloody nasty bit of work, and even the 'King'-grade Servants aren't going to be able to dismiss it easily. It's also not at all suited to cities which haven't been designed for giant mecha to operate in. So, wits, barrier-piercing and whatever AT-field manipulation he can get away with. Iskander's RM would be a decent place to summon it in, I guess, given it's not really going to cause collateral damage there. Or maybe vs Caster, when secrecy's buggered anyway? Then again, given this is more fusion than a quick crossing-over, I wonder if any of the other 4th War Servants have changed? Still would leave the problem of actually getting the mana together, but I suspect somehow that NERV/GEHIRN could help on that front (not, of course, without something going their way, too).

Also, is the EVA suddenly going to roar at our female Ikari to drown in her ideals and die, or does Shirō have a monopoly on inter-temporal conflict? (Yui's my best guess for her identity at this point in the timeline ...)

Ah, rampant guessing. It amuses me.
    Last edited by Seika; November 9th, 2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Derping on names ...
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Speculation time: I'm reckoning Shirō won't get to bust out EVA-01 for most of the war, particularly at full power
    Shirou? Have I missed something...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Shirou? Have I missed something...?
    No, I think Seika just derped.

Gehern hasn't even been formed yet, by Eva time line standards. In fact Yui should still be in collage, and have no idea who Seele is. All that comes AFTER 2nd impact.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    No, I think Seika just derped.
    Yup. Simplest explanation is the best here. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    Gehern hasn't even been formed yet, by Eva time line standards. In fact Yui should still be in collage, and have no idea who Seele is. All that comes AFTER 2nd impact.
    And yet we have a female Ikari involved (knowingly?) with SEELE. Hmm ...
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    could it be Gendo's mother who happens to look like Yui? But wasn't Gendo Rag to riches?

Also Shinji can copy the Angels. Sleepy Sleepy Time. Ah Firin MAH LASER TIME. Or Nightmare Psichic time.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger