Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Catherine

Catherine

Well, I just made a SMT thread, but as this game is not a part of that series, I figured it deserved it's own topic.

The game has recently been announced for North American release this summer. It's the first HD game by the Atlus team behind Persona 3 and Persona 4, and it's been causing a rather big splash online, both in Japan and the West.

It's main focus is the dramatic storyline, multiple endings, tough choices, characters, and adult themes. But it's also got some addicting and challenging fast-paced moving-block-based puzzle-platforming gameplay. Well, during the nighttime Nightmare sequences at least. During the day, you'll be living out the main character's life as he finds himself in a pretty intense love triangle.

I'll post trailers and stuff, although I have a feeling you guys mostly already know about this game. lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGn3BJVIeso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z89S4aJOKqc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a69nmiAvSY

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    I'll post trailers and stuff, although I have a feeling you guys mostly already know about this game. lol
    How dare you sir! That sort of stereotyping will not stand-

Oh wait, nevermind.

Yeah, I'll be getting it.

D:

I meant because it's been getting a lot of press lately...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully the game will come to America despite the idiocy of some gamers. This is why they can't have nice things due to bitching about the difficulty.

It's an Atlus game, you idiots! They have always been challeging and they eat other RPGs for breakfast! Is any of this getting through?
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

*cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    The game has recently been announced for North American release this summer.
    ;)

Blog Entries
    I know that. It's just that sometimes they just hear the complaints of idiot gamers and sometimes they do an about-face, much to the chagrin of those who actually want to play the game.

Nice things trolls cannot have.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Ah, the whole "Hopefully the game will come to America" thing had me thinking you didn't know it was licensed. But, that aside, I've never heard of anyone announcing a game for North America and then deciding not to do it because some people think it is too hard. At the very least, that's DEFINITELY not something Atlus will do, so rest assured, this game is coming this Summer just like they said. Voice actors are already hired and recording dialogue and everything. And for the people who think the game is too hard, a patch recently came out in Japan that you can toggle on or off, and it makes the game easier with a lot more retries. That will likely be an option here as well. But I see way more people excited than complaining about the difficulty. The game is getting seriously hyped, so it's all good.

And here is the American website, for those who want to stay on top of it.
    http://catherinethegame.com/

Blog Entries
    That's very good to hear, although I welcome the challenge exactly as it is. Provided it's neither too frustrating or fake.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    That's very good to hear, although I welcome the challenge exactly as it is. Provided it's neither too frustrating or fake.
    The Jap Gamers were complaining enough for there to be a patch. Its frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    From what I hear, the game gets very frustrating and hard but if you listen to all the tips given by side characters you talk to, it's never truly impossible. But, really, when it comes to a game like this you either have the ability to play it or you don't. With a RPG you have the time to think out your strategy and if all else fails you can just grind to level up. With a game like Catherine, if you can't do it then you can't do it. Which would suck if you were really into the story and Daytime gameplay (which is one of the main selling points of the game, seemingly moreso than the Nighttime puzzle sections) but just didn't have the skill in this type of game to get more than halfway. So, I see why people wanted the patch. So did Atlus, which is why they made it. Now everyone is happy. Except the people who refuse to play a game that isn't a JRPG from them. Which is silly, but those are very few and far between compared to the people significantly hyped for it.

catherine and vincent's VA are rise and kanji from P4 xD

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quick update, guys. Text translation is complete. Voiceover is mostly implemented. We're shifting into bug-stomping mode right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Quick update, guys. Text translation is complete. Voiceover is mostly implemented. We're shifting into bug-stomping mode right now.
    Huh? Where is this update from?

Inside information. He's employed as a coffee grunt at Atlus USA currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatuous One View Post
    Inside information. He's employed as a coffee grunt at Atlus USA currently.
    :O

Whoa, for serious? I'm a pretty hesitant to believe when people online say "I work for so and so company" personally, but I've got no legitimate reason not to believe this, especially since I don't know what went on with you guys on the previous forum. lol

Be it true or not, it's good to know it's coming along well. Should arrive late July as scheduled then.

Speaking of voice actors, though, I'm curious who is going to play Katherine. IMO they picked great choices for Vincent and Catherine.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What happened to the soul crushing training?
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    thats still pretty awesome mew~

oh any idea whether theyll be patching it or not? or are we just gonna have cry in a corner because "itss tooo harrrdd"

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

Quote Originally Posted by lilithsama View Post
    thats still pretty awesome mew~

oh any idea whether theyll be patching it or not? or are we just gonna have cry in a corner because "itss tooo harrrdd"
    Well, with the patch already out in Japan, I see no reason why Atlus USA wouldn't give it to America as well.

Blog Entries
    to make us suck it up and play it normally?

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

u can turn on/off the patch anyway