Page 228 of 371 FirstFirst ... 128178218223226227228229230233238278328 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 7412

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

I concede, then. The poor guy can still be the saint patron of lolicon *chuckles*

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    I concede, then. The poor guy can still be the saint patron of lolicon *chuckles*
    Well, it would hardly be a running gag if I let an opportunity to use it slip by, wouldn't it?

. . . Actually, knowing his luck, he'll keep Luna from turning into Nightmare Moon by appreciating her work (crisis averted! Yay!), and then have her change due to the sense of loss she feels when he leaves (. . . Damn it).
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

That would be his usual luck, yes.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    . . . And the temptation to revive the character grows ever stronger . . . Damn it.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Personal Opinion: Luna is a badass.

Now I want to go re-read Dresden Fillies... again.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalwatcher View Post
    Personal Opinion: Luna is a badass.
    She's my favourite character - I consider her highly underused.

Now I want to go re-read Dresden Fillies... again.
    "Dresden Fillies?"

. . . Excuse me, I have a fic to go find.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Dreden Fillies Strange Friends and False masks. It's a Dresden Files cross with MLP xD
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalwatcher View Post
    Dreden Fillies Strange Friends and False masks. It's a Dresden Files cross with MLP xD
    And the face palming just doesn't stop.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Oh, by the way, Elf. Did you check your email in the last half-hour?

I sent you something of a message that was relayed through your email.

As for the comments about MLP... yeah, I have to agree, no buts.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    And the face palming just doesn't stop.
    You would think so, but I'm finding it fun, so far. And there's a humourfic I've found where Pinkie Pie shows up in Dresden's place to bake cupcakes and throw a party. She invites everyone he knows - and reading how Nicodemus declines the invitation is kind of hilarious.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh... boy...

Blog Entries
    *chuckle* Like I said earlier, I'm looking for a regular cast or series he can frequently interact with - and they might work. The fact that "Friendship is Magic" was designed with Greek mythology in mind (as evidenced by the presence of pegasi, hydrae, Cerberus and Tartarus) would make them more compatible with a Scion, if I used Apollo or Poseidon as his progenitor.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

But it's so fucking addicting. Especially the fact it keeps EVERYONE in-character.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

Blog Entries
    Still debating my SI's ultimate nature here, if I do a restart.

Greek has its perks: I match the Virtues with no problem, Apollo's favoured Skills aren't a problem, even if he's got almost no powers worth mentioning, and the personality's a bit off - nobody who's perpetually a good-looking, athletic youth seems to fit the image of "grandfather," in my head (though that might be the point . . .).

Poseidon's Skills aren't hard to deal with, he deals in Water, Earth, and horses (handy for that My Little Pony crossover ), has a tangential connection to Atlantis (which will be important later) - and the amount of griping he'll do when he realises that Ariel is now his cousin is really tempting. Poseidon's basically the first Olympian god I ever liked (Athena will always be my favourite), too . . .

The downside is that it's a bit too much of a Percy Jackson rip-off, to me. And, overall, I'd be sacrificing the Olympians' Pantheon Purview - which is a shame, because it's one of the good ones.

On the Norse side of things, I'd have to change one Virtue - use Valor (bravery for the sake of others) rather than Courage (challenging things to test your own strength). It'd make him a weirdo in the pantheon, but it's not a huge difference for me. And the Pantheon Purview is pretty much useless, so my plans to sacrifice it aren't a hardship.

In terms of Gods, Odin is pretty much ideal - the favoured Skills match me more or less exactly, there's plenty of available power to play with without making it necessarily useful - and Odin has a history of manipulating things for the benefit of number one, including sacrificing Scions.

I've also recently discovered Hod (also known as Hodur), the God of Winter and Night - an exile and outcast, and my type of guy . . . But he's also not listed as Scion-capable. Supposedly, any Scions he had would take after his father - who is unknown, which makes perfect sense. So I'd basically have to build him from scratch, but I don't see it being hard.

The trick is that I'd sort of considered this angle for a publishable story, so doing as a fanfic is kind of - well, weird. Then again, I'd been having problems with this Norse gods idea, so maybe it's a way to get a breakthrough?

. . . I don't know - I'll keep thinking about it.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I think you might want to figure out where you want to go first (i.e. the universe you want to write about for a while) and then choose your character. I will admit, the amount of character juggling you've done makes it hard to follow your fics sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Very true - hence this attempt at a reboot.

My running theory is that I design the character, and then figure out where I can put him. Since Scion has the endpoint of God to work with, I can sort of see where he'll end up at the finish of his epic (however many stories that takes). The trick is designing a portfolio that has the right mix of power and uselessness - or placing him in the right setting to appropriately challenge him.

. . . Or just get the right number of cheap laughs, really.

In designing him for the Works, specifically, I was having trouble making sure I didn't end up copying too much of another writer's OC concept - Kiriel's Scion has Darkness and Death among their Purviews, for example - and Odin is a Death God, among other things. We also had the necromancer, too . . . YeOfLittleFaith's, I think? So it was problematic, that way; but I think I've got a couple of concepts I can work with, now - it's just a matter of picking one.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure Xam had the Necromancer from that dystopian apocalypse universe. Although, I've always been of the opinion "if there isn't a thread with a story about him, you don't have dibs."

Unfortunately, I'll always be a page behind because I don't really follow the scion material that well (mainly because i don't have it). Wasn't Odin also lightning as well?

Blog Entries
    Nope, Arch-magos Winter had the Necromancer.

I still haven't fully determined the nature of my SI, which sucks.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure Xam had the Necromancer from that dystopian apocalypse universe. Although, I've always been of the opinion "if there isn't a thread with a story about him, you don't have dibs."
    There's some truth to that, but since it looked like he was going to participate, I didn't feel right undermining his idea.

Unfortunately, I'll always be a page behind because I don't really follow the scion material that well (mainly because i don't have it). Wasn't Odin also lightning as well?
    Oddly enough, no. They left all the Sky elements to Thor and since it deals with flying, lightning bolts and storms, I suppose it makes sense, but it's just weird to deal with a king of the gods that doesn't have that aspect.

No, Odin's Purviews are Death, Illusion, Magic (as in Fate-twisting), Mystery (seeing connections between things - "Insight" might be a better term), Prophecy (self-explanatory), Psychopomp (travel), and War. He's also got seven of the nine Epic Attributes. Between all that, he's arguably one of the most powerful - and certainly one of the most versatile - Gods of the setting. At the same time, however, there are definite limits; the Death Purview deals in ghosts and zombies, mostly, and using Magic to alter Fate tends to create or strengthen Fatebindings, which isn't necessarily something he wants to have happen.

. . . And, of course, that's leaving aside the fact that he won't be throwing fireballs or tsunamis around, or anything super-flashy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Nope, Arch-magos Winter had the Necromancer.
    So he did - thanks for the reminder.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    You're welcome.

Speaking of this shared setting, I gotta get back to work on it, no questions asked.