Page 372 of 372 FirstFirst ... 272322362367370371372
Results 7,421 to 7,437 of 7437

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Blog Entries
    Er... Kieran, I think you might want to fix the last sentence you typed in your previous post, because I'm having trouble reading and understanding it.

As for the rest of your comments... those are all valid points. I'll definitely have to make note of what I'm thinking about to make these all make sense.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Er... Kieran, I think you might want to fix the last sentence you typed in your previous post, because I'm having trouble reading and understanding it.
    I'm sorry, I have no idea how that happened - should be clearer now.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Much clearer... and I was intending on the out-of-context power being within context as per an Origin Story for the SI. Should I write the Origin Story first, then, to make it clearer?

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    That's usually a good idea . . .?

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Okay, I'll write the origin story, then. It might take me a few days to get it all done, mind you, but I plan to have it done by the end of the next month (I hope).

Blog Entries
    Hey, Kieran, question... would you agree with the current comments I have in the Google Doc I linked up above at this time?

Blog Entries
    Hey, Kieran, question... would you agree with the current comments I have in the Google Doc I linked up above at this time?
    I can't say they're giving you bad advice - is there anything in particular you're thinking of . . .?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    What I'm thinking of is what I can possibly do to make it make more sense for those who are not as familiar with the works of fiction I'm referencing as you and I are. Does that make sense to you?

Blog Entries
    What I'm thinking of is what I can possibly do to make it make more sense for those who are not as familiar with the works of fiction I'm referencing as you and I are. Does that make sense to you?
    That's something you should always be aiming to do - and one of the reasons I keep telling you to keep things simple.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    That's something you should always be aiming to do - and one of the reasons I keep telling you to keep things simple.
    Yeah, well... simplicity and I are not friends, sad to say.

Anyway, could you please confirm something for me? I need to know if I am keeping Rin and Ilya in character for the first scene, and I need to know if I'm describing the setting enough for the interior of the headquarters.

Actually, I would like to make sure the entire first prologue is done with enough descriptive setting detail, so...

Blog Entries
    Yeah, well... simplicity and I are not friends, sad to say.

Anyway, could you please confirm something for me? I need to know if I am keeping Rin and Ilya in character for the first scene, and I need to know if I'm describing the setting enough for the interior of the headquarters.

Actually, I would like to make sure the entire first prologue is done with enough descriptive setting detail, so...
    . . . As I originally read it, I'd say no (in fact, I did, as I recall), but if you've altered the Google Doc . . .

*Sighs* I'll check it out tomorrow, sorry - it's been a long BAD couple of days.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that, man... yes, I've altered the document in question. That's why I was asking about this.

Blog Entries
    Kieran? You read the alterations yet, I hope?

Blog Entries
    Apologies - I was distracted yesterday as things somehow managed to go from BAD to WORSE . . . But now that I am looking, I don't actually see any . . .?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Okay, maybe I should be more cognizant of what makes for an alteration. My mistake, man.

Also, I feel bad that you have a bad real life situation now, to be honest.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Real life does take priority, and what you're describing sounds rough. Take as much time as you need, we can wait.

Blog Entries
    Okay, maybe I should be more cognizant of what makes for an alteration. My mistake, man.
    It's always possible that Google ate it, or that you altered something later on that I didn't see - I just focussed on the Works aspect of the document.

Also, I feel bad that you have a bad real life situation now, to be honest.
    Thank you - I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Real life does take priority, and what you're describing sounds rough. Take as much time as you need, we can wait.
    I appreciate that, as well - but I still feel bad about it.

I may end up trying to write just to distract myself, the way things are going, but I don't like making promises I can't keep . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette