Page 1 of 16 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellows (A Revolutionary Girl Utena/FSN crossover)

Blog Entries

Fellows (A Revolutionary Girl Utena/FSN crossover)

Title inspired by the end theme for Carnival Phantasm, because it's awesome. Also, I need to find a way to put my plotbunnies on birth control, like now.

Table of Contents:
    (first four chapters linked by Sleepy)
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fellows

Chapter 1

Her hand dangled limply in the empty space, reaching out into the darkness, reaching down, for the hand of a girl who had already fallen into the depths and was well beyond her reach. A part of her knew, of course; had known in that horrific, sudden instant when Anthy’s hand had slipped from hers.

She had failed.

She would have cried, if she had the energy. She might have laughed, with the way things had gone. As it was, though, she had nothing left. No energy, no will, no desire to even try and move.

So she just lie there, her hand dangling in empty darkness, feeling the blood drip from her fingers into the nothingness below.

She heard the faint whistle of parting wind, and closed her eyes.

She didn’t even scream as a million swords drove home, sparing no part of her body.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

It was a beautiful day in Fuyuki City, all things considered. The sun was shining enough to warm the air, but not hot enough for him to feel the sweat running down his back. The sky was clear and blue, and there was a fresh breeze blowing for the moments that he felt like he was starting to get a little overheated.

All things considered, Archer mused, it was a beautiful day to be spending in the thick woods surrounding the city. He was glad he had decided against a jacket for this outing; it really wasn’t necessary with how mild it was.

It had become one of his odd little habits, ever since the end of the Grail War and the start of his second life. He couldn’t explain why, on his days off from work and when he had nothing better to do, he spent time exploring the woods. They had never held his interest when he had been younger, and he was relentlessly teased for it by pretty much everyone he knew.

Even so, he liked it. There was something oddly calming about coming out into a quiet, secluded area like this, and just wandering around until he felt tired enough to go back home. He didn’t always think when he was out in the trees, but usually when he did, they were good thoughts.

A relief, really. Archer liked his life better when his mind didn’t work against him, when his memories were at peace.

Even if his new hobby was enough for Lancer to make jabs at his pride (“Next thing you know, he’ll be bringing home little injured birds and flowers!”), he didn’t mind it too much. And for the times he did, there was still the old Emiya dojo.

He smirked a little at the thought, and kept walking.

He’d walk a little further, probably find a stream or something, and sit there for awhile. He had all day, after all; it was his time off, and he could do whatever he pleased. Liking the thought, he cut through a small thicket of trees, a quick shortcut and a way of escaping the afternoon sun.

Archer ducked his head slightly to avoid a branch, grimaced a little when a few loose leaves drifted down and tangled in his hair. He paused, brushing them off…

And in the dappled sunlight of the thicket, he spied a gleam of pink.

Archer paused.

Every muscle in his body, every instinct he had honed from his years of battle and wandering, told him to keep walking. It wasn’t his business, not anymore; he had a new life, he didn’t need to concern himself with someone else’s problems. Now was the time he lived for himself, not for others.

He told himself that, but he was already pushing his way through the trees, already kneeling down beside the small, thin body, already turning her over gently—he could tell from the build, from the soft weight, that it was a girl, even before he saw the lips and the long hair and the breasts—already studying her bloodied, bruised hands.

Quite suddenly, he wished he’d brought his coat along, after all.

Well, first things first, he thought, resigned, and carefully gathered the girl into his arms, cradled her to his chest.

Her hands were her most obvious problem. He’d tend to them first, and worry about the rest when she actually woke up.

She was oddly light in his arms.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

It was already dark, the moon climbing steadily in the inky black sky, by the time Lancer returned to the modestly-sized apartment he shared with his fellow former Servant. The blue-haired man was tired, but pleased with how his day had gone. He had worked hard, earned some money, and had even got to flirt with some pretty girls and fish a little.

Indeed, at the rate things were going, nothing could ruin his night.

Humming, he hung up his jacket and went into the kitchen. His throat was dry, so he felt no guilt in reaching into the fridge and grabbing a bottle of Pepsi, even if he was pretty sure Archer had bought the last batch. He twisted the cap off and took a long drink, heading to the living room. His roommate was nowhere around, so maybe he could get the television to himself for a little while.

Flicking on the light, Lancer paused in the doorway. After a moment, he took another sip from his bottle, surveying the scene before him with calm red eyes.

Curled up on the couch, tucked under a thin blanket that looked as though it had seen better days, was a young girl; rather young, he mused, probably not even sixteen yet judging from her face. Tangled pink hair spilled along the arm of the couch, and a few strands draped across her face as she slept.

For a very long moment, Lancer simply stared, taking a few more sips from his bottle and savoring the sugary taste of his drink. When he had emptied his first bottle, he went back to the kitchen, tossed it into recycling, and got a second bottle, opening it without missing a beat.

This time, he spared the sleeping girl in the living room only a brief glance as he headed down the hall, to Archer’s private work room. Finding the door already open, he opted to lean against the frame, watching as his roommate leaned over a plan for repairs that a customer of his garage had requested.

He was wearing glasses. Lancer always thought it was odd, that Archer wore glasses.

He waited, taking another long, deep swallow from his Pepsi. Finally, he spoke. “Archer.”

Archer didn’t even look up. “What?”

“If we’re going to be roommates, I need you to not take me seriously when I joke about you bringing home things you find in the woods.”

Archer finally looked up, adjusting his glasses with a small, amused smirk. “At least she isn’t a bird?”

Lancer snorted and drained his bottle dry.
    Last edited by RadiantBeam; April 2nd, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Utena, eh? Interesting choice. It's been many years . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I just marathoned the series in like, several days and am madly in love with it. Blame that for this little idea.

And Elf. Elf helped.

夜魔 Nightmare
    This looks interesting. Oh, yesss...

Blog Entries
    ... ... I never watched Utena, so I only know a little about what's going on, but good start? I mean, not much to say about it other than 'I wonder where you're going with this'.

Well, that and 'why are Archer and Lancer roommates', but I suspect the answer to that is 'because it's fun'. XD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    Well, that and 'why are Archer and Lancer roommates', but I suspect the answer to that is 'because it's fun'. XD
    Exactly. XD

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am vaguely familiar with Utena, though most of my knowledge comes from a review of the movie. I think I have an idea of what happened and when this happened. But Archer and Lancer interaction may be all it takes to suck me into this. That was perfect.

Who cares why they're roomies? They're awesome together. And they're a nice reversal of Red and Blue Oni.

EDIT: If I have one complaint, it is that these heathens apparently prefer Pepsi to Coke. Not that I'd say that to their faces. But still!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    I am vaguely familiar with Utena, though most of my knowledge comes from a review of the movie. I think I have an idea of what happened and when this happened. But Archer and Lancer interaction may be all it takes to suck me into this. That was perfect.

WHo cares why they're roomies? They're awesome together. And they're a nice reversal of Red and Blue Oni.
    This is actually based off the TV series, since I've never seen the movie and quite frankly what I've seen of it kind of scares me. But exposition will be easy enough to provide in later chapters, especially since Archer and Lancer need to figure out why this girl just randomly fell out of the sky and landed in the woods around Fuyuki.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    And Elf. Elf helped.
    That explains Archer.

:3

Blog Entries
    Yay, you've started on it.

Also I figure that Archer might wear glasses to make his eyesight worse. It might be so keen that he'd start seeing imperfections in the paper etc. Plus it's SEXY.

It's a good beginning and Archer can try to take the hero out of him, but Archer stays in the hero.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    That explains Archer.

:3
    Archer was in the fic right from the beginning, actually. XD

Blog Entries
    >Utena

How much yuri? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    >Utena

How much yuri? :3
    Lots. Not all of it from Utena herself.

Blog Entries
    This is actually based off the TV series, since I've never seen the movie and quite frankly what I've seen of it kind of scares me. But exposition will be easy enough to provide in later chapters, especially since Archer and Lancer need to figure out why this girl just randomly fell out of the sky and landed in the woods around Fuyuki.
    That's good to know. As for the movie...well, the review had one line that sums up my attitude on the subject and is the reason I will never, ever watch it.

Review
    WHY IS THIS PINK HAIRED BITCH A CAR?!
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Review
    WHY IS THIS PINK HAIRED BITCH A CAR?!
    Poor, poor Oancitizen.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I noticed Archer's line about the Emiya dojo and laughed. He still doesn't like Shirou at all and now he has found a perfectly good reason to beat the crap out of him.

"It's to make you a better fighter." With that scary grin on his face.

Blog Entries
    Poor, poor Oancitizen.
    ^_^ You got the reference! Are you another a TGWTG fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer
    I noticed Archer's line about the Emiya dojo and laughed. He still doesn't like Shirou at all and now he has found a perfectly good reason to beat the crap out of him.

"It's to make you a better fighter." With that scary grin on his face.
    That makes perfect sense. Except for how the two would have enormously painful migraines from fighting each other and sharing memories, but maybe Archer is perfectly content causing his younger self that kind of pain.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    ^_^ You got the reference! Are you another a TGWTG fan?
    Very much so, yes. :3

夜魔 Nightmare
    Looking forward to Archer counter-sword-spamming a million swords.

Blog Entries
    Very much so, yes. :3
    *cheers*

You have excellent taste.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.