Page 2 of 159 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: A Type-Moon Faction is Beast's Lair!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    No, because then they'd have to state who it actually was. And, if someone gets portrayed as a raging Sakura fanboy, I very much doubt that it can be seen as anyone but me, even if the portrayal itself is horribly inaccurate....
    Hey, if a cameo styled carricature offends you, let people know. It might not get the poster to actually change it, but it can affect such things as the GM hinting that such actions aren't appropriate via alteration of success rates.

Well, we'd likely argue a lot over what to do. Most of us who actually care about the characters probably have goals which are not mutually exclusive, though....

And, whilst some people would indeed "goof off", a lot wouldn't. There are a huge bunch of characters in the Nasuverse who need help of some kind, and most of us care enough about at least one of them to go out of our way to fix their issues.
    And herein is where I think we hit the biggest issue. The starting point. I've considered dates as early as 1988, giving plenty of time to go and fuck with the Fourth Grail War before it could even begin. However, assuming that one was 18 at that point, by the time the mid-2000s roll around, along with main characters, you all'd be in your mid thirties. Which could make interacting with the cast kind of awkward. I'm also assuming you'd all like to stay relatively young during the more active parts of the game.

And hey, nothing stops an argument like having to deal with a bunch of the Dead showing up to eat your face. So, there's other things for you guys to worry about.

EDIT

And I am, quite horribly, ninja'd.

Also, are you guys really that passionate that you'd beat each other up over pairings? I know the Internet can be SERIOUS BUSINESS but geeze.

Blog Entries
    Is it just me, or is there hostility here?
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    Eh, there isn't, at least for now.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    Welcome to Beast's Lair. Home to non-Japanese Type-Moon fans. And a den to beasts and trolls(read 'haters and trolls')
    :3

EDIT: Also, what Race said. It hasn't started.

Blog Entries
    Why?

Killing each other over who we think Shirou should be paired with is pretty damn extreme....
    More like get exceedingly buttmad OOC and ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Personally, I say we really shouldn't try to screw with a person's life in order to set them up with one particular person.

Save Sakura, yes. Try to prevent horrible thigns from happening, yes.

Trying to manipulate someone's love life because we think they should be set up with one particular person? Uuuuuh... that sounds kind of petty and pointless and stupid, compared to the much better things we could be doing with our time in the Nasuverse.

Such as, you know, trying to stop the various horrible things that are happening all over in this grimdark universe. Shirou/Sakura/Rin/Saber/Whoever's LOVE LIFE of all things should not take precedent over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    More like get exceedingly buttmad OOC and ragequit.
    Yeah, there would be a LOT of fights happening OOC.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xelloss View Post
    Personally, I say we really shouldn't try to screw with a person's life in order to set them up with one particular person.

Trying to manipulate someone's love life because we think they should be set up with one particular person? Uuuuuh... that sounds kind of petty and pointless and stupid, compared to the much better things we could be doing with our time in the Nasuverse.

Such as, you know, trying to stop the various horrible things that are happening all over in this grimdark universe. Shirou/Sakura/Rin/Saber/Whoever's LOVE LIFE of all things should not take precedent over that.
    That's true.

But affecting it through the usual chit-chat and gossip...shouldn't be too much of a problem? If you leave it to the point there they are completely free and unobstructed to make their own decisions?

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderic View Post
    Also, are you guys really that passionate that you'd beat each other up over pairings? I know the Internet can be SERIOUS BUSINESS but geeze.
    Welcome to Beast's Lair

But, seriously, this sounds like a cool idea but people here can get really, really stubborn and really, really passionate.

Myself? I'd stalk Kotomine and be happy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hey, if a cameo styled carricature offends you, let people know. It might not get the poster to actually change it, but it can affect such things as the GM hinting that such actions aren't appropriate via alteration of success rates.
    But I can easily imagine people doing it to the point of character-bashing and, worse, using that carricature to cause the opposite effect from what the person would intend. In that case, just "altering success rates" isn't really enough....

And herein is where I think we hit the biggest issue. The starting point. I've considered dates as early as 1988, giving plenty of time to go and fuck with the Fourth Grail War before it could even begin. However, assuming that one was 18 at that point, by the time the mid-2000s roll around, along with main characters, you all'd be in your mid thirties. Which could make interacting with the cast kind of awkward. I'm also assuming you'd all like to stay relatively young during the more active parts of the game.
    Yeah, that's the issue, really.

Ideally, we'd want to start at the very beginning, so we can interact with everyone (including the Zero characters), but that is hard to achieve given the length of time it would take to get to the main stories. Unless we start out younger than our normal ages, I guess....

Still, I can't see how you can start any later than three years before the beginning of Tsukihime, or else you lose a huge chunk of the main characters, and you're also forced to arbitrarily pick a route to follow.

And hey, nothing stops an argument like having to deal with a bunch of the Dead showing up to eat your face. So, there's other things for you guys to worry about.
    I'm not convinced....

Well, this is mostly true, but I see no reason not to at least give them a prod in the right direction (such as, for instance, pointing out to Shirou that Sakura thinks of him as more than just a friend)....

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Yeah, there would be a LOT of fights happening OOC.
    Yeah, definitely, especially when it comes to the pairings. The GM is likely to have a favourite, and since he's likely to have to decide who Shirou and Shiki end up with, ultimately, I can't see any way to avoid blistering rows over that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdeath6031 View Post
    That's true.

But affecting it through the usual chit-chat and gossip...shouldn't be too much of a problem? If you leave it to the point there they are completely free and unobstructed to make their own decisions?
    Honestly?

I'd be kind of offended and disturbed if someone came in with knowledge of my potential life, and then decided to use this knowledge to pair me up with their favorite girl.

“Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Blog Entries
    Well, this is mostly true, but I see no reason not to at least give them a prod in the right direction....
    >Implying there is a right direction
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

*Attempting to get thread back on topic before going to sleep*

So, it looks like we've got people who are interested. That's cool.

Does anyone have a timeline preference?

Screwing with the Fourth War basically eliminates Emiya Shirou from the timeline, but, at the same time, you could save hundreds of lives.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    >Implying there is a right direction
    This.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggie View Post
    Fourth War... I could stalk Kotomine AND Waver.

...Let's do it.
    Can I help? :3
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    You are going to have a fun thread in 12 hours.

Existing in the Nasuverse is one thing, but encountering the canon characters that live in it... Forumites are bound to have differing opinions on how to deal with them or how they want them portrayed. Some more intensely than others, which is something I can see turning ugly quickly. I also foresee power levels being a problem, but these frequently are.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly?

I'd be kind of offended and disturbed if someone came in with knowledge of my potential life, and then decided to use this knowledge to pair me up with their favorite girl.
    ...Now that you put it that way, you have a point.

So, it looks like we've got people who are interested. That's cool.

Does anyone have a timeline preference?

Screwing with the Fourth War basically eliminates Emiya Shirou from the timeline, but, at the same time, you could save hundreds of lives.
    ...I kinda would still like to have Shirou active, just to see how we affect FSN as a whole.

Still, having the freedom to interact with all the characters would be quite nice.

Rather, IMO not needing to age if we don't want to would be nice too.

... ... ...
    Dun hurt me D;