Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: A Type-Moon Faction is Beast's Lair!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangstrike View Post
    Forumites are bound to have differing opinions on how to deal with them or how they want them portrayed. Some more intensely than others, which is something I can see turning ugly quickly.
    Ditto. I honestly am not sure if there's any way to prevent a ragefest.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggie View Post
    Yes, Elyrin! Let us commence the stalking operation!
    Excellent!

Hopefully, Kotomine will not take offense.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xelloss View Post
    Honestly?

I'd be kind of offended and disturbed if someone came in with knowledge of my potential life, and then decided to use this knowledge to pair me up with their favorite girl.
    Like I said, it depends how you do it. If you blatently shoved it in his face, perhaps, but if you just gave a potential relationship a nudge in the right direction, I see no problem. And, ultimately, all that really differentiates the three routes is which heroine got that "nudge", so there's no reason why it couldn't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    >Implying there is a right direction
    Well, yes....

This is the problem, ultimately. It's hard to see how to fairly decide which heroine he'll end up with, because he has feelings for all three. It's just a question of which he notices and acts on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderic View Post
    *Attempting to get thread back on topic before going to sleep*

So, it looks like we've got people who are interested. That's cool.

Does anyone have a timeline preference?

Screwing with the Fourth War basically eliminates Emiya Shirou from the timeline, but, at the same time, you could save hundreds of lives.
    Well, if we're going for the fourth war, then I'd like it to start early enough that I could try to save Sakura before Tokiomi gave her away (i.e. so we are out of our "training" more than a year beforehand).

Quote Originally Posted by Fangstrike View Post
    Existing in the Nasuverse is one thing, but encountering the canon characters that live in it...
    Well, if the canon characters aren't there, I don't really see the point of the RP, honestly. What good is a bunch of Nasuverse knowledge which we can't do anything with? Plus, it makes little sense if they're not, unless we in the past or the far future.

Forumites are bound to have differing opinions on how to deal with them or how they want them portrayed. Some more intensely than others, which is something I can see turning ugly quickly. I also foresee power levels being a problem, but these frequently are.
    Well, I think the bigger issue is probably the portrayal, really. I think we can mostly agree on how to deal with most of the characters, and any arguments we have can be IC. The issue is whether the GM can portray the characters in a manner which we all actually agree with....

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quite an intriguing concept.

And if its back in the Zero era, then this does give me some freedom to meddle with KnK-related events as the millennium approaches. I'm sure Fujou Kirie could use a friend, since she's kind of been left alone at the hospital while her relatives wait for her to die.

Or Asagami Fujino, for that matter. ^^

...question though. Would I be able to gain the resources/paperwork/government approval to open some kind of cafe or something? And if we are placed in a certain country, does knowledge of the language and culture come with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    This is the problem, ultimately. It's hard to see how to fairly decide which heroine he'll end up with, because he has feelings for all three. It's just a question of which he notices and acts on.
    Why bother trying to meddle with his love life at all? Ultimately, that's Shirou's life and choice, not ours, regardless of who we might feel he's best suited for or not suited for.

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    For some reason, I'm tempted to have "myself" invent the Volumen Hydragum based on his meta-knowledge of it.

And then run away from Kayneth. Spend ALL of my time running away from Kayneth, because he'd be understandably annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Quite an intriguing concept.

And if its back in the Zero era, then this does give me some freedom to meddle with KnK-related events as the millennium approaches. I'm sure Fujou Kirie could use a friend, since she's kind of been left alone at the hospital while her relatives wait for her to die.

Or Asagami Fujino, for that matter. ^^

...question though. Would I be able to gain the resources/paperwork/government approval to open some kind of cafe or something? And if we are placed in a certain country, does knowledge of the language and culture come with?

Why bother trying to meddle with his love life at all? Ultimately, that's Shirou's life and choice, not ours, regardless of who we might feel he's best suited for or not suited for.
    Good point. I'd like to befriend Fujinon too, actually.

Also, does this imply that you're trying to open up Ahnenerbe? :3

Blog Entries
    I vote we start just before Fate/Zero at the earliest. The whole 3 year period is a problem though.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Alf, I would seriously LOVE to work in your cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If we don't "meddle", then the issue I was describing becomes worse, because then it's essentially up to the GM to pick the pairing they like the most, and that is guarenteed to cause rage.

But, anyway, whilst it is indeed Shirou's choice, that doesn't mean we can't help him to make that choice, in the same way as a friend might set you up on a date with a girl they know likes you, and give you relationship advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    I vote we start just before Fate/Zero at the earliest. The whole 3 year period is a problem though.
    No, if we're doing Zero, then IMO we should leave a year beforehand to allow Sakura to be saved more cleanly.

Blog Entries
    But, anyway, whilst it is indeed Shirou's choice, that doesn't mean we can't help him to make that choice, in the same way as a friend might set you up on a date with a girl they know likes you, and give you relationship advice....
    This is not really helping so much as it is going to be guiding.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting concept for an RP.

Airen's Fourth War 'Plans'

IRISVIEL!

Airen's Fifth War 'Plans'

KOJIRO?!

TEACH ME!
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    I'm not concerned about Shirou, I'm worried about the fans.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Airen is either going to get run over or nuked by Caster ;_;
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I'd prefer leaving such a decision in GM hands, rather than having people meddle in it.

That being said, if we're starting at Zero then, well, Shirou wouldn't be Shirou at all...

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyrin View Post
    Airen is either going to get run over or nuked by Caster ;_;
    I'LL FANBOY ABOUT CASTER TOO!

But lol, I'll be fine, I'm a 'protagonist' remember? (Is well aware that his protagonist status is confined to GW1)
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That is guarenteed to cause rage.
    I honestly don't see why. A choice would have been made, and we simply have to respect that. I mean, if we end up changing events so that Kohaku ends up in Fuyuki, and Shirou falls for her, well, that's his choice as well.

No, if we're doing Zero, then IMO we should leave a year beforehand to allow Sakura to be saved more cleanly.
    Still a bit of a suicide mission there...

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I'd prefer leaving such a decision in GM hands, rather than having people meddle in it.
    +1

Players doing anything will only lead to bad things.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    This is not really helping so much as it is going to be guiding.
    And?

It's still his decision, ultimately.

I honestly don't see why. A choice would have been made, and we simply have to respect that. I mean, if we end up changing events so that Kohaku ends up in Fuyuki, and Shirou falls for her, well, that's his choice as well.
    Because it shows blatent bias towards one of the heroines on the part of the GM.

Just because you like to do that and then say "fuck you" to the players when they complain, that doesn't mean everyone else is OK with it....

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Froggie Planz for 4th!

1. Stalk Waver
    2. Stalk Kotomine
    3. ?????
    4. Harem.
    Profit! :3