Page 1 of 276 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/EXTRA: Heaven's Cage

Blog Entries

Fate/EXTRA: Heaven's Cage

“Welcome, denizens of Earth.

Today, I greet you all with a message, an invitation to come here, to the Moon Cell.

But, perhaps I am getting ahead of myself. Perhaps some of you do not know that of which I speak of, and so, I shall enlighten you all.

The large, celestial object that orbits your skies that you people collectively call the moon is not nearly as simple as you people may think. Rather, the current surface you see as the moon is merely a small rock shell that conceals its true form.

In actuality, it is a large mass of what you humans might call it, ‘photon crystal’, of about 3000km in diameter. I believe some of you have already synthesized some of it in your laboratories.

…Photon crystal, in short, is a material that emits and absorbs light, and essentially forms a quantum computer all on its own.

Who built this nigh miraculous contraption, you might ask?

It matters not. The Moon Cell was created long before you people walked the earth, around the same time as Earth itself.

What does matter is that this heavenly construct has no owner. A supercomputer that analyzes the entirety of earth every nanosecond has no purpose.

With the power of the Moon Cell, even a tiny existence such as a human can affect the entire world and more easily, changing their reality to their whims. In effect, it could be said it is a Holy Grail of sorts, capable of bringing about any wish.

For most of you, it should not be possible to reach this Eye of God. However, for those of you with the capability to etherize your souls, I invite you up to this ‘Holy Grail’. This is a once in a lifetime occasion that shall only be permitted this once by the Moon Cell, where you shall ascend to this divine construct and be allowed to participate in a tournament known as the ‘Holy Grail war’ for the rights to control the Moon Cell.

Every participant will be given a guardian, a famous spirit who shall serve as their sword and shield in combat, and lead them to victory. Beware, for whom you summon shall be up to the whims of the Moon Cell, and may not be someone who you like.

Who am I? I am merely the voice of the Moon Cell; an Envoy it has generated to give all you humans a chance, so only the most suitable person amongst your selves may have control.
    Beware, denizens of Earth. Should you take this path, there is truly no turning back.

If you people truly wish to participate, then there has been a document released online that will provide more information.

That is all. The Moon Cell awaits your arrival.”

GM’s: Knight Turtle, Satehi, RacingeR, Ace, Leo

In essence, this is a Fate/Extra RP. It retains most of the basic rules from EXTRA and the Nasuverse. For those not familiar with EXTRA, they can also look below, where the info that have been distributed to the potential participants is. (Not with references such as players and the like, but all PC’s should know roughly what is below when they start.) Similar to the original EXTRA, if your PC dies in the Moon Cell, they die in their real lives. You can attempt to save others like the MC of EXTRA did, but it might not turn out like you wanted it to.

Tournament

Only one person may obtain exclusive control of the Moon Cell. That is the one rule that has been set in place. But the Moon Cell will not accept an owner simply based upon a first come first serve basis, and thus it has a selection program. Out of all the possible candidates who have tried to obtain the moon cell, they will all be subject to a screening test to cut down crowd to a select 128 Masters.
    During an earlier stage of the screening test, the potential Master will be granted a Servant, a legendary person that has been recorded and observed by the Moon Cell. Should they succeed the test, they will not be subject to deletion, and continue on with their servant to the ‘Holy Grail War’. Bearing an identical name to contest held several times on earth, with a similar principle of 7 Legendary figures from across time summoned to do battle, the difference is the scale. 128 Masters, 128 Servants.

Each week, the Master’s are paired up with a chosen opponent randomly selected by the Moon Cell, whom they are to meet at the end of the week and fight in the Coliseum. During the time until their chosen battle, the participants may do as they like, although it is advised that if you truly wish to win and not get deleted, you should seek information on your opponent, as well of the identity of the enemy servant.

Note, that this is not the only place where you may eliminate another master from the running. In the arena, it is essentially a free for all, where you are allowed to eliminate or fight enemy servants at your whim. Should you chosen opponent be defeated before the scheduled fight, you will simply be bumped up to the next round automatically.

…However, the Moon Cell is not completely without mercy to the losers. Should you lose once, you will be granted one more chance, to see if you truly were ‘weaker’, or if it was a fluke. This is a safety net, where the losers may fight amongst each other for the chance to be counted amongst the winners of that round. If you were to lose in the loser’s bracket though, you will be deleted without mercy.

Codecasting/Magecraft

“In the world of EXTRA, there no longer lies any mana in the world, having slowly depleted out ever since the calamity that occurred in the 1970’s. For the majority of the world, this effect was one that was mostly unfelt, but for the denizens of the moonlit world, this was a major disaster that exceeded all expectation. Deprived of the power that fueled all their miracles, the idea of magecraft in the modern day has become an impossibility. But—

--- That does not mean a ‘miracle’ cannot exist.

Mages, adapting to this mana-less world, learned a new way to continue their craft. The idea of magecraft, using the Magic Circuits in your soul to interact and change the world, has stayed the same. In this new, stagnated world, Mages have instead learned to connect the metaphysical soul with the digital network of the world, and thus achieve miracles. Their soul becomes digital information, which can be materialized in virtual world as etherized forms. The ability to sustain such an immense existence usually regarded as impossible due to physical limitations on processing power and data storage. However, for the Moon Cell, a quantum computer using light as a medium and boasting a size of 3000 km’s in diameter, such a thing is trivial…”

For the purpose of this RP, mage craft shall operate nearly the same as it does in the traditional Nasuverse, as it all takes place in the Moon Cell. Any player may cast spells, known as code casts, in the digital world and achieve a miraculous effect. Note, that certain things considered beyond the realm of currently known science are still impossible in the digital world.

(More to be added later)

Factions

There are 5 major factions that you can choose to make your character a part of. There is the Magic Association, the Western European Conglomerate, The Holy Church, ATLAS, and Freelancers, essentially people who do not fit into any of the categories. Depending on which faction your character is from, you might be entitled to special privileges, such as getting help and information, but you might also be ordered to do certain things that you may or may not like, and factions are not at all forgiving of traitors. The ability to do as you wish is one of the benefits of the freelancer faction.

The Magic Association is essentially the remnants of the once proud Clock Tower and the Sea of Estray, now having lost their magecraft, but still boasting what is easily the majority of people with magic circuits, they began a rapid shift in the structure of things to adapt to the lack of magecraft and the new usage of magic circuits, code casting.

The Western European Conglomerate, otherwise known as the WEC, is easily the richest and most powerful faction. Despite its name, it is pretty well connected with essentially all the major countries of the world, essentially in control of the entire world, and as a result, employ a decent amount of mages. Somewhat unpopular due to their idea of no more technological development, as they believe the current level of technology to be sufficient, and are not welcome to change.

The Holy Church is exactly as its namesake sounds. The loss of magecraft was not a particularly large loss for them, and they still hold an enormous amount of power.

ATLAS has remained relatively intact, even after the loss of mana from the world. Their style of magecraft has always been somewhat independent of the usage of mana, and they have remained a major player. They were relatively quick to adapt to the idea of etherizing souls, and have adapted relatively well to using large amounts of technology.

Freelancers are the people who do not belong in any of the other factions. Just people who do not particularly work for any of the other factions and have all went to seek out the Moon Cell for their own purposes, they are the most numerous. Within this faction, there is also the Resistance, people who are against the WEC’s idea of stagnating technological development, as they have deduced the current level of technology is sufficient, and any further development would create war or conflict.
    (More to be added later)

Document for Character Creation and all that jazz:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Note: This is a Work In Progress (WIP), and is not completely finished yet. The hard limit of 20 players may be adjusted later as well.

Players:

1. Vahan
    2. Virtue
    3. hero (Not getting a harem)
    4. Morm
    5. Optimus Servant
    6. Elyrin (lolthisriderisamazing)
    7. zlol
    8. Faker
    9. Five_X Master
    10. EnigmaticFellow (tryin to trol) Servant Master
    11. Spinach (NOT A LURKER ANYMORE)
    12. Twelveseal (Extra OP!)
    13. Airen (OH GOD THAT BACKSTORY)
    14. MssrNeko Servant
    15. Fangstrike
    16. Verg Avesta (trolliiiiiiing) Servant Master
    17. Mellon (OP bastard) Servant Master
    18. llednaroth Servant Master
    19. Bloble (LUCKY BASTARD) Master
    20. I3uster Servant Master
    21. Lycodrake Master(tentative)
    22. Terminator98 (OP, I can smell it) Master & Servant
    23. IRUN (insert snark here) Servant Master
    Last edited by Katie; January 29th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    First.

Known Servant sheets:

Berserker - Spinach
    Achilles
    Servant Berserker
    STR - A++
    AGI - A+
    CON - A++
    MGI - A
    LCK – A
    NP – A

Skills:

Mad Enhancement - B

Charisma - B

Noble Phantasms:

World's Aegis - A+

???

Caster - Snacks
    Class: Caster??
    STR - E
    AGI - C
    END - C
    MGI - A
    LCK - B
    NP - A++

Skills:

Unknown skill or skills - undiscovered

Charisma - A

Divine Words - A
    -Details classified-

Noble Phantasms:

???
    Last edited by SeiKeo; February 12th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Sounds interesting. Sign me up for now.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Oooooh.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yaay! It's up!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm tempted to join this...

*Looks at all the other RP's he's in*

Still very tempted to join.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    I'm tempted to join this...

*Looks at all the other RP's he's in*

Still very tempted to join.
    As a GM I can promise you lots of trolling and suffering!

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    LISTEN TO ME, THE NICE GM, AND YOU WILL BE NERFED LESS

Blog Entries
    It's EXTRA!

That comes standard.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Turtle View Post
    LISTEN TO ME, THE NICE GM, AND YOU WILL BE NERFED LESS
    But never get posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Also, clarification:

You can choose your own servant, the random is merely in the perspective of the magus that you will be playing, and you will most likely roleplay the servant you choose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    As a GM I can promise you lots of trolling and suffering!
    ...I'm in. It seems that I can't help but join RPs.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    ...I'm in. It seems that I can't help but join RPs.
    No, you are just M xP.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    No, you are just M xP.
    Nah. Lol.

*Airen goes off to write BACKSTORY for EXTRA*

I CAN'T HELP BUT JOIN RPS MAN!

Besides, you all seem to have put a lot of effort into this one, as evidenced by the conversations on IRC.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Dear god, another RP.......

Save a spot for me, I guess.

Spoiler:

To tell you the truth, my sig scares me, Froggie.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    And I shall lurk yet another RP, for that is my calling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    And I shall lurk yet another RP, for that is my calling.
    But Spinach.

This RP lurks you!

quotes

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't mind the signature so much, but that avatar is seriously unsightly, Monsieur Neko. I don't think either is any good at all!