Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: Thu'um of A Distant Utopia [Skyrim Crossover]

"Perfectly balanced. As all swamps should be." TheSpy's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'd probably want to follow this, even if you have completely stripped me of any desire I may have had to write a Skyrim crossover, but you seem to want to include EMIYA, so I'll take a pass on this one.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Also, random thought: if Shirou/EMIYA wind up in the land of the Redguards, their magic wouldn't be thought terribly unusual other than the focus and dedication they put into it; the Redguard people were founded by a hero who wielded blades he projected out of his mind with magic who led his people to freedom. Plus, they're antagonistic with the Aldmeri Dominion, so if Shirou wound up rising to the top, it could end in some very satisfying elf Nazi stomping.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    I don't think that EMIYA has a place in this, but We could always have a Shirou expy hanging around somewhere........

Illya is best servant

An encounter with a very familiar looking redhead in Riften who lost his pair of swords in a Dwemer ruin after a near-death encounter with the resident Centurion? Who was nursed back to health by a very familiar looking purple(?)head who is trying to convince said redhead not to play hero.

Blog Entries
    Alduin is still around, but he isn't going to be landing any time soon. The threat of a giant dragon raining fire hot enough to melt through several meters of steel or stone will cause people to run, maybe. The captain and the general will show up when necessary, I guess... I haven't thought about that much.

I am generalizing a lot, but from my viewpoint the Daedra find amusement in watching humanity and causing them to do certain things. If they manifested their full selves, I have no doubt they could easily destroy the world, considering they are each a ruler of a planet or the space in between, themselves. Or whatever. The point is, in this story, I see them as somewhere between around the power and influence of the Types and the power of a fully realized and sentient supreme reality marble [insert planet/world name]. Maybe? I don't know. I don't want to reconcile the two series together at all; that is not my goal here. I just want to make things more... interesting? Grim? Amusing for me, certainly.

Maybe not. But that certainly would be a fun idea?

@TheSpy (And anyone else, really): while I'm sure it is necessary if you are not following something, I find it somewhat rude to post this kind of response to an off hand comment. "I'm not reading/following your story anymore because [insert pet peeve]" is something I don't really care about, but to see such a post rather dampens my spirit and interest.

I don't like Shirou, so he's not going to be appearing.

What might end up happening could be that Akatosh borrowed (read: took) Arturia (and isn't giving her back). This might result in a Gaia vs Akatosh conflict or... I dunno? Could be interesting, maybe?

Powered by infinite rage Comartemis's Avatar
    Sounds to me like you cranked this out without having any idea what kind of story you want to make out of it. Did you just finish playing the tutorial level or something?

Blog Entries
    ...Of Skyrim itself, I played over 150 hours.

In what way does this make me seem like someone who has only played the tutorial? I've done all the Daedric quests at least twice now, so I know what I perceive. How do I seem like I haven't actually played the game?

Of course I have no idea what kind of story I want to make it, isn't that obvious? That's why this is a discussion, right? Otherwise I'd just post on FFN or something and not bother answering you at all?

*confused*
    Last edited by deviatesfish; November 22nd, 2011 at 12:37 PM.

Ah, okay. I had a feeling what with the lack of direction that you might have just gotten it and had one of those "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME I WANT TO WRITE ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW!" reactions to a good scene that get you a solid snippet but leave you floundering for further advancement if pressed for it. And rereading the thread a bit, I see I derped somewhere, since there obviously aren't 50+ groups of Thalmor agents in Helgen. *facepalm*

Anyways, I feel that the most likely route is for Saber to follow Tullius since she's made a bit of a spectacle of herself. Ulfric has probably already made good on his escape by this point but Tullius should still be trying to direct the protection/evacuation of Helgen so he's probably noticed Saber's theatrics. Assuming that they meet up shortly I can see Saber throwing in with the Empire until she gets her bearings, then go after the dragons if she gets a lead on one. I haven't done the Civil War questline yet so I can't be of much help with that; I'm only 50 hours in, and I keep rerolling my character because I like something else better than what I'm playing. I must've done Bleak Falls Barrow a dozen times over by now.

Blog Entries
    Both the Civil War and the Imperial quest lines are very similar: capture forts, rescue prisoners, sabotage efforts, acquire resources... just report to that guy wearing a bear's head as a hat instead of Rikke.

...but I can't see Arturia following Tullius. Seeing his usefulness and dedication as a soldier, respecting his skill in war, perhaps, but personality-wise, he's...

...I guess I just don't want to develop Saber that way because she would revert back to her Britannia self. But this is just part of it. Arturia is a leader. She might have followed the commands of Masters in a Grail War, but that was because she had to pledge herself to a Master and all that entailed. Here, I want to explore a Saber who is free to make her own decisions and choose her own destiny--just like how we do it in the game itself. I think that aspect of the game is pretty important, so I'm trying to go after that instead of reining her in and putting her under the control of either Empire or Stormcloaks.

Hmm...

Perhaps carving out her own faction unintentionally? Say she escapes Helgen and makes her way to Riverwood with Hadvar or whoever, maybe add in some Imperial soldiers as survivors. She takes a day or two to get her bearings and then a dragon swoops down out of the Barrows and attacks the town. Arturia rallies a defense using the Imperial survivors, Hadvar/Ranolf, and what's-his-name the archery trainer and they take down the dragon but the town is mostly leveled in the process. Arturia leads the survivors to Whiterun and then takes off when the Greybeards call for her.

She returns to find that the Riverwood survivors have spread tales of the Battle of Riverwood all over Whiterun and she's become a local legend, moreso when a Thalmor squad comes to arrest that priest and destroy the shrine of Talos in the middle of town and she tells them what her sword thinks of that. Cue the Jarl refusing to hand Arturia over to subsequent Thalmor squads and effectively declaring open rebellion against the Dominion and the Empire that enforces its policies.

So she's forming her own faction then? We never did get that option in the past three games. Always someone gofer; when you do reach the top of the hierarchy, you're kind of just there-- no calling the shots. Should make for an interesting read.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's what I wanted for all the TES games. I was hoping that since Dragonborn = Emperor, you'd get to become the Emperor in the game. Here's to hoping an expansion will do it...

But the idea that she carves out her own kingdom is what I'm loosely after, yes.