Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requiem for Loss

I will, one of this days.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Wow, a very emotional fic...
    And Rin is tsundere even in death

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Okay everyone, Requiem for Loss is now complete. But do be on the lookout for a bonus vignette or two in the near future that will add further content to the story. Just be aware that the main, planned viewpoints have all been written as of now.

Enjoy it, my personal tribute to the cast of Fate/EXTRA!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well that was sad and really well done. But mostly sad.

More so the Rani one, but that's personal preference and such.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Rani, you were so dull yet so sweet. Leo and Gawain don't deserve the hate they get. Twice is still a silly name, but aside from that he wasn't so bad.

That was good, IRUn. Short, but sweet. I liked it, and thanks for writing it.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sadly, I don't recognise even half of this stuff - but it's very poignantly written, which makes it interesting, nevertheless. Thank you.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Bravo IRUN!

All the deaths were beatifully writen, all of them touched me greatly, congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Yay, just got back in time to see this finished!

Great work, IRUN!

Excellent work - Very much in-character and poignant...Especially since I've just finished Extra myself. Loved it, loved it.

Also, Alice - NO, I NEVER LIKED YOU, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE ALONE AND UNLOVED.
    Last edited by Burnout; December 27th, 2011 at 01:38 PM.

I just had a shiver after reading Last Blood. Dammit, Twice!

And I didn't hate Leo as much as I hated Gawain. Sure, Leo was... overconfident, to say the least, and as bad a Master as one can be (giving your Servant identity is a sure way to be defeated in a world where information is power, and in Extra this is even more true than in normal FSN).

Gawain, on the other hand, was just insufferable prick without enough guts to correct his own Master for his own good. I'm eager to see what he says to Casko and Archer, but if he is as bad as he is with Saber...

On the other hand, I give it to him. He was the only Servant that made me use an auto-res. The others didn't managed to sweap all my Servant's HP (his Galatine took me by surprise, I was sure he was going to use another skill).
    Last edited by Ergast; December 28th, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Gawain, on the other hand, was just insufferable prick without enough guts to correct his own Master for his own good. I'm eager to see what he says to Casko and Archer, but if he is as bad as he is with Saber...
    He actually cracked a joke with Casko. And Archer was totally the biggest dick when it came to smack talking Gawain.

Also, the only way to correct Leo was to let him die. It was really a lose-lose situation for Gawain, so he went with it and did his best to be loyal to his Master.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I think I unintentionally trolled Ergast.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

I'm not aware of having been trolled... can you be more specific, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    He actually cracked a joke with Casko. And Archer was totally the biggest dick when it came to smack talking Gawain.

Also, the only way to correct Leo was to let him die. It was really a lose-lose situation for Gawain, so he went with it and did his best to be loyal to his Master.
    Well, Archer is always a dick to everyone not named Illya, Arturia or Rin. And even then he is somewhat dickish to Arturia and Rin, but not completely.

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That aforementioned "shiver"? Or did I just read that wrong?

Ho? Nah, it wasn't a bad shiver, I was just too into it after reading half of the snippets, so the last one made me had a shiver *chuckles*

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Sweet. I did my job then.

I'll say "Aye!" to that, yes.

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    (EX) .Another / Taiga-sensei’s Great Lesson
    =======================================

YAAAAWWWWN~!

Another day, anotherrrr dollar! Or at least, that’s how it’d be if we were actually paid for this. Real money, I mean. Not these weird, useless virtua-dollars that aren’t good for anything.

Oh well, no sense in worrying about that, right? Anyway, there are bigger fish and issues to fry.

Anyway, lately I’ve noticed that I’ve been thinking a lot about what’s going to happen. …What? Don’t you look at me like that, you upstart! I’m serious here! Don’t make me give you the detention of a lifetime!

Well now, where was I…?

Ah, yes, I remember now…

I was pondering the end…

The Holy Grail War is almost over, you know. It’s kind of hard to believe. Even though I’m just a teacher and not a Master, it’s still sort of surreal-feeling. It’s all so…I dunno…transient, don’t you think? Has it really been seven weeks already?

…Hey now, don’t look at me with that kind of face. I may be an NPC but I’m not shallow. There’s more to me than meets the eye, even though I’m just a memory of someone that was jotted down in the Moon Cell’s database.

Do you know what these final days mean? The end of the Holy Grail War isn’t just the end of the Holy Grail War – it’s an end to this microcosm of a world that SE.RA.PH set up for the tournament to take place. This world of ours will be compressed and recalibrated into something else in time for the next cycle, and all of the NPCs will be broken down and recycled and ultimately replaced.

Of course, I presume you all know what that implies.

The setting of every instance of the Holy Grail War differs. No two occurrences appear the same. Each of our miniature worlds are like individual snowflakes with a lifespan comparable to one, but there are some constant similarities that are always to be had. Like, say, the Holy Grail War always takes place in a school-based setting for certain reasons. Sure, it was a Japanese high school this round, but who knows how it will look next time. It might be an outdoor campus, it might be an inner-city American school, or a famous college. It might even resemble one of those fancy-schmancy British boarding schools, like something cool out of Harry Potter!

Now that’d be something to see! Look out troublemaking ne’er do-wells, Governess Taiga will be getting all up in your dorm room if you bring trouble your way!

The problem is there is no guarantee that I’ll even be around to see it. There are billions upon billions of lives recorded in the Moon Cell. There is no need for the system to reuse old NPC models. As much as I might like it, the chances of my current form taking on the role of a teacher-shaped NPC are astronomically slim.

Still, I don’t see why that’s a reason for me to be sad in the here and now! It’s perfectly human to live in the moment if there is no guaranteed future, and by gum that’s what I’ll do! That’s why even the other NPCs seem to want to live out what they’ve got as well, to find a purpose. There is the reason why I want to enjoy what little time I have left.

That, and see if I can’t do something about it……

I’ve got it! I’ll ask that Master if they can do just one more little thing for me, then~!

Surprise, surprise! I did say that there was still more to come.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; January 2nd, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ This made me smile for some reason. This suits Taiga well.

Teasing the Penguin God!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Taiga is surprisingly deep. Especially in EXTRA...not that she really shows it, but it's definitely there...somewhere...