Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beast's Lair Wiki

Pick me, I will singlehandedly thrash this wiki to its knees. I am a dependable person.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Most wikis are filled with reasonable, responsible people who actually know what the hell they're on about. Do you really think the majority of TM fans spend their time on BL, reading the arguments and crap? Nah. If that were true, the TM Wiki would be a hell of a lot more accurate.
    Have you ever actually looked into wikipedia? Sure, there are users who know what they're talking about, but I very much doubt they're the majority....

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I nominate Mcjon and Cruor.
    We need McJon to translate, at some point it would be nice if Cruor did some of that as well (I have no idea how good his Japanese is other than he can read the stuff before we even hear about it and by God I will impress all of you into service).
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

deadfish
    I nominate tobias. Whatever would we do without his google translate ability?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's how we should get all our TM info from now on: give Tobias the Japanese text, and have him interpret the Google Translate output. The result will be considered canon.

I think that would just make the arguments even longer because then we would have to decipher Googleese. Imagine the number of interpretations we would get because of Google's transhuman grasp of grammar. It would feel like a day in a philosophy class all over again.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    While I do agree this shouldn't be editable by everyone (because Type-Moon wikia). I do have to say if we're gonna be adding other things outside of Nasuverse stuff (like forumites and fanfics) we should definitely have quite a few people editing (and not having that kind of thing would be removing some of the coolest features about RK's old wiki).

I would say having small descriptions would be better for characters but then keeping all controversy and speculation on a separate page with perhaps linking to interesting arguments (but yeah, posting scenes from the game might just lead to confusion and quoting fuyuki is just rehashing). But I also would rather not this turning into something like TVTropes or something with pointless pages for one subject.

So yeah, once again I give contrasting ideas for everything and never actually giving an answer for anything whoo! While I am/would be interested in being doing stuff for it I also think there are also quite a few better suited (for instance, I don't go to Fanfics much and sometimes miss out on those discussions going on in some other parts of the forum I don't frequent as much). Not to mention wiki stuff, which I'm not really used too.

Though, I'm sure you could simply give open editing to certain parts but then I think it would be simpler to, I don't know, make people create an account to edit.

So yeah, need more people then I'd think about it. I say people who can give funny and witty comments for everything should be given editing ability! They'll get people interested in it.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Okay I actually created a site so that we can get to work on it. If you want to join just PM me that you want to and I'll accept in the site. (You have to PM I won't accept that way we can keep people from joining who might mess it up.)

You can find the site here: http://beastslairwiki.pbworks.com/w/...9955/FrontPage (I was gonna keep it a secret but after figuring out that I can control who joins and who doesn't I changed my mind.)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Okay I actually created a site so that we can get to work on it. If you want to join just PM me that you want to and I'll accept in the site. (You have to PM I won't accept that way we can keep people from joining who might mess it up.)
    Well, I'd like to join. I'll PM you later, when I'm at home.

You can find the site here: http://beastslairwiki.pbworks.com/w/...9955/FrontPage (I was gonna keep it a secret but after figuring out that I can control who joins and who doesn't I changed my mind.)
    How would keeping it secret have worked...?

Blog Entries
    Well I thought that it was a kind where anyone could edit which I wouldn't want till we at least had a general setting up, but once I figured it out I changed my mind.

Blog Entries
    That's actually why I suggested pbworks, because of the controlled joining thing.

EDIT I like how Leo wants access now after insisting about what a bad idea it is. (Now in correct thread instead of a random fanfic thread!)
    Last edited by Kotonoha; December 1st, 2011 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ah so you were planning that all along, smooth move Koto.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    EDIT I like how Leo wants access now after insisting about what a bad idea it is. (Now in correct thread instead of a random fanfic thread!)
    Bad idea, yes, help make bad idea better, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well I thought that it was a kind where anyone could edit which I wouldn't want till we at least had a general setting up, but once I figured it out I changed my mind.
    Ah, OK, I see....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Bad idea, yes, help make bad idea better, yes.
    Yeah, because you're going to be so helpful with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Meh, you guys can have fun arguing the fun stuff, I'll just be off on the sidelines doing minor stuff.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    And then Leo was consumed by the wiki for once you get in you can never leave. (But seriously there is no need to look at it like it's already going to fail.)

Blog Entries
    And then Leo was consumed by the wiki for once you get in you can never leave. (But seriously there is no need to look at it like it's already going to fail.)
    Fivebux says that this turns out like BL for me.

Blog Entries
    Would you consider yourself the kind of person who looks at the glass half empty or half full?

Blog Entries
    I'd prefer to think of myself as the kind of person who closes the door and asks you how full you want it to be.