Thread: Graduation Day [Tsukihime/One Shot]

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar

Graduation Day [Tsukihime/One Shot]

Trying to get back into the swing of writing. Tell me where I can improve my oneshot-fu.

Tsukihime is the property of Type-Moon.

Graduation Day

The school's front yard was packed to the brim with anxious looking teenagers. Clad in robes and squared caps, they anxiously fidgeted in place before the eyes of their family and friends who sat in front of them as they rose up a set of stairs.

...Hitoshi Kanesaka...”

One of them in particular wore an expression of complete befuddlement as she adjusted her glasses. Ciel, distantly known as Elesia and most recently known as one of the members of the Burial Agency of the Catholic Church, looked lost as she shuffled closer to the pedestal set in the middle of the stage she was climbing.

Hitoshi, who Ciel recalled having once shared her bento with, let out a squeal of happiness as she took her graduation diploma from their principal. Before the elderly man could pull away, she gave him a terrific hug as she broke down in tears of joy, unnerving the man.

The short haired girl felt completely out of her depth as she looked around hazily. The crowd of onlookers watching her graduation made strange feelings surge within her as the chatter of people she had known for a while now chatted amongst themselves. Their voices, ahead and behind her, were tinged with an edge of nervousness but were predominately happy.

The crowd was filled with nothing but joyful tears and smiling faces.

And she was standing in the middle of all this like a sore thumb.

'Why am I here?” Ciel thought dazedly. 'I shouldn't be here.'

Fear surged within Ciel, akin to the sensation of claws ripping through her torso. The faces she was observing in the crowd began to blur together into a mass of stark, gaunt faces reaching towards her to pull them into their embrace.

Fangs and claws began to tear into her and...!

Woah! Careful there, Ciel-san!” Kanjiro Minase, the former captain of the Archery team, reached forwards and grasped the upper half of Ciel's shoulder, arresting her forward momentum. His green eyes were dim with the weight of the ceremony, but they showed a spark of concern for her. “Are you alright?”

Ciel's senses, hauled back into the here and now, briefly stuttered. “Y-yeah...” She gasped, expression taut.

Kanjiro gave her a wan smile. “Take deep breaths.” He advised, thinking she was worried about going up stage next. “It helps.” The boy let go of Ciel's shoulder to discretely point off in the distance as his expression briefly lightened up. “Besides, you can't go passing out in front of your kohai, right?”

Ciel couldn't quite hide her joy as she followed her classmate's finger. At the end of Kanjiro's finger stood Shiki Tohno along the edges of the crowd with his friend Arihiko Inui. The dark haired teenager, having blended into the crowd - despite somehow wearing an orange and blue t-shirt - briefly met Ciel's gaze with an open, guileless expression of happiness.

Ciel suddenly remembered why she was here.

The principal offered an awkward smile to the crowd as Hitoshi was pulled away from him. “Continuing on, I'm most proud of our next student.” He briefly coughed, voice gaining confidence as he composed himself. “She has managed to transfer in during her final year of studies and still managed to graduate at the top percentile of the class.” The man glanced at Ciel with a pleasant and slightly proud smile. “Please come up and receive your recognition, Ciel Lavoie.”

Good luck.” Kanjiro whispered in her ear.

Shiki and Arihiko let out cheers as Ciel's name was called up.

Ciel's legs began to carry her to the principal, a camera going off to take her picture when she firmly shook the man's hand while taking a diploma from him. With a watery smile and shining eyes, she turned to face the crowd.

Ciel offered a beatific smile to them, faint trails of tears running down her face.

A rooftop and two blocks away, a sleepy looking blonde in a white sweater and purple skirt lowered her hand from where she had been shielding her eyes. “It'll be fun playing with her more now that she's done with that place.” With a faint smile and a yawn, Arcueid turned and started walking back in the direction of her apartment to go to sleep.

Only one more left to go!
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Awww... it's always nice to see Ciel getting something happy out of her life.

Not sure what that last line was about, though.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    *raises eyebrows*

Interesting.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I might have name dropped more people, described the surroundings more specifically so we really get it when Ciel is all "I stick out." I like the Arc bit at the end, though. *bridges hands* Verily.

Sweet more ciel goodness

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Megaolix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pureauthor View Post
    Awww... it's always nice to see Ciel getting something happy out of her life.

Not sure what that last line was about, though.
    For Shiki of course. One year before he can't use school anymore to not play with her.

*Starts the music!!* BEAST'S LAIR HE HAS RETURNED!! All hail velsper!!
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I might have name dropped more people, described the surroundings more specifically so we really get it when Ciel is all "I stick out." I like the Arc bit at the end, though. *bridges hands* Verily.
    Thanks, I was thinking I was missing something too, but wasn't too sure. I'm trying to work on my short story skills since I want to write some Kohaku and Alter stories too.

nitewind: Thanks. ^^
    Spoiler:

I admit it, I'm a sucker for every fic that contains Ciel. It could be that, while she isn't my fav character (she is the 3rd one, though), there is way more fics about Shirou and Rin, and the two together, than about Ciel.

Well done, Velsper. Very well done.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

I got another Ciel centric idea in the back of my head. I'll probably write it soonish.
    Spoiler: