Page 1 of 28 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Run HolyGrailWar.Exe [Fate/Extra LP] [Image-Heavy]

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Run HolyGrailWar.Exe [Fate/Extra LP] [Image-Heavy]

This is for you PSPless people. People with a PSP can enjoy too, I guess.

NOTE: Read the first week on the Saber Route and then continue with Caster. That's how it is going to be sorry.

Anyway, main reasons as to why do this: Have nothing else to do on my vacation, Share the Extra storyline, something, something, bored, something. Also something to make me choose one route because I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep on choosing the other one.

Warning: I can't overstate this enough, many images, like a hundred or so at the beginning at least, in the updates because transcribing everything = uggh.

Warning2: This LP contains ∼∼commentary∼∼, which you may find boring, unnecessary and/or against your headcanon. Breathe, relax and ignore it.

Interaction between you and this LP: Almost non-existant. Because of ∼∼Technical Difficulties∼∼ (read:me being lazy) there will be no gender choice, already decided, and no servant choice since I am crazy enough to do all 3 of them at once and we will be seeing the two separate routes oh god kill me already Never mind do not kill me, Xyphos is a bro and is doing the alternate path with Rin. So really the only thing you could help is by choosing a name, when we get to that and telling me how wrong I am playing the game

Rule: Spoiling things is not cool guys. Wanna talk about what happens next? We have spoiler tags. Thanks.

Table Of Contents

Prologue
    One Day I (look below)
    One Day II
    0ne Day III
    0n3 D4y IV/Dead End

Saber Route. (Beauty)
    Prologue.

Last Day/Salvation.
    1st Week - Awakening/Binary Heaven.
    Welcome to the Holy Grail War.
    The First
    Red and Blue
    Evening the odds
    Press Square
    For the treasure
    Game Over
    2nd Week - arousal/border alliance
    Green Thief
    Scavenger Hunting
    Screw the rules
    Chivalry is not dead
    Dabbling in Astrology

Archer Route (Redemption)
    Prologue.
    Last Day/Acceptance.
    1st Week: Shinji
    Wakame Hunting.
    In where Archer is a dick (I)
    Catharsis

Caster Route (Vixen and Wife)
    Prologue
    Last Day/Continuation
    1st Week: Rider
    Wifely Welcome
    Aren't we moving too fast?

Hot and Cold
    2nd Week - Arousal/Border alliance
    The Second
    Stargazer
    Pragmatism, ho!
    Knight in Green
    Astrology

Wifely Talks
    Retirement
    After 2nd Week.

Dead.End.
    3rd Week - disillusionment/suspended animation

The Third
    Fetch Quest
    Losing Mind
    My Name
    Alive/Alice
    Myself Yourself
    Wonderland
    After 3rd Week
    Her, Her and Me
    Saving Rani

4th Week - immortality/howl of the blue moon

Lost
    Revelations

Purpose
    Resolution
    Wifely Survey

Promise
    Prayer
    5th Week - un born/dead end

The fifth
    Disconnection

Healing Ritual

Forearmed
    Trap
    Today
    The Eightfold Blessings of Amaterasu

6th Week - maturity/final flowering
    The Sixth
    Motive
    Romantic Tragedy

Effigy
    Oceanic Creature

Truth
    Friend

7th Week - Genesis/a new hope

The Last
    Bond
    An extra life with anyone she wants.
    Feather
    Lights Out

Last Day/End Day

Sunset
    Last day - .birthday
    Suspended Esoterica

Twice
    Cogito Ergo...

Caster/Rin Route.

After 3rd Week

Saving Rin
    4th Week - MONSTROSITY/telesthetic longing

Bullimic Clown
    No brains to begin with

Another religious fanatic

Trollomine Striker Again!

Hunting Round II
    Final Hour
    Twisted Hunger

5th Week - Un born / dead end
    When least expected...
    Re-linking circuits
    Damn T-Regulations
    Confronting the Truth
    Assassin Revealed
    Explanations and Switcheroo
    The Eightfold Blessing of Amaterasu
    6th Week - maturity / final flowering

Scribbles on a board
    Lapel Badge
    Tragedic Romance
    Effigy
    Whale
    Truth
    Doll
    7th Week - Genesis / a new hope
    Ultim
    Bond
    An extra life with anyone she wants
    Return to first
    Evening the odds
    End Day/Last Day
    Glory to the King
    Last day - .birthday
    Twice

Bonus Stuff.
    Prologue: Saying No
    Week 1: Shinji

Now onward to the sea of electrons unless someone tells me that its not kosher then we'll stop.
    Last edited by Laith; March 4th, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    One Day 1

Clearly an unknown sign.

Ah, Imageepoch, is difficult for me to hate you.

Thanks Aksys

Welcome to Fate Over Extra… eer, Fate/Extra. A PSP game which chronicles the holy grail war, and in which you (or an avatar of you) is a master.

Small text reads

Explo-something to the living
    Something-nion for prosperity
    -- though the act is dangerous?
    The ----- thing cannot be done again.

Little detail, it's the bottom of the sea.

Difficulty. Whoever picks easy is a sissy or a Caster player.

And we will try to see them all. Also I have tons of save files thank you.

We still don't know what its in the other side of the moon so…

-I Wonder what's going on.

When I peer into the center of the hubbub, I see my friend and student council president Issei Ryuudou.

: Hmm? Why do you look so surprised? We announced at last week's assembly that this month the student council would strictly enforce school rules. I have been tasked with performing inspections to ensure students are in compliance with school rules. Now, it goes without saying that EVERYONE is subject to inspections, even old friends.

: Next is the contents of your bag…. Notebooks, textbooks, pencil box! Not even a whiff of contraband. Your nails are evenly cut, and your haircut is sensible. Indeed quite remarkable. You're a model Tsukumihara Academy student.

: Oh, but I'd never try to coerce you into joining the student council. We aren't like that. Now then, off to your classroom! Enjoy your day.

Things are always so gently bustling in the morning.

Another peaceful beginning to another peaceful day.

Our First tutorial. This menu will see a lot of use.

The courtyard. We will not be seeing this too much. Anyway, Students, let's go and talk.

Male Student: …I just wanted to try saying that once, just to see how corny it would sound. If you continue right, you'll find the Archery Range, but you should head for the school building for now. Your classroom is on the second floor right? If you don't get to your classroom soon, you'll incite Tiger's wrath.

Male Student: What is this Archery Range you speak of? Oh, that building over there to the right. What about it?

Female Student: Well, somebody left their stuff there, but whatever.

On to the next student.

Your homework?

Male student: Man, I must have a hole in my head. Maybe if I head back to my classroom.

Archery Range. Seems familiar.

I'd better hightail it back to the classroom. Room 2-A is on the main building's second floor.

The main entrance to the school.

1st floor. Students,

School Notices

Oh was wondering what the counter on the upper right was.

It's okay I barely remember this semester.

Second floor, Students.

More noticeboards.

It's missing a ] there. It bothers me.

At the bottom of the flyer is a drawing of Ms. Fujimura swinging a wooden sword.

In no way will that be a normal tutoring session. I better not get any red marks.

More so when your laptop is rendering and you can't close it. Digressing.

Well, time to enter the classroom. (No screenshot 'cause derp)

Video Here

Meet Shinji. By the end of this conversation you will love him.

: Even though we've- Hey we've been friends since our freshmen year, right? Anyway, don't sweat the fct that you're as boring as dirt. It's not like you can help it. I mean, anyone would seem boring and stupid when compared to me!

: I was just doing a little math tutoring. This stuff is beyond easy… for me, anyway.

Female Student: …Wait a sec. Hey Matou, isn't the answer to this question… totally wrong in every way?

: Wh-What in the-? I'm the one who solved that! There's no way it could be wrong!

Female Student: B-But… Look at this. Since when did two plus two equals five?

Shinji. Lovable.

: It's really pathetic that these worms don't know their place. That's why I like you so much. Even though you're boring, you know not to steal my thunder. You're the ultimate sidekick.

I want to say we met in spring sometime… The bell for class rings as I try to recollect.

And who should fly through the door but out homeroom teacher, Ms. Fujimura.

…She trips with reality itself. Only explanation possible.

The classroom goes dead silent. Every student's attention is focussed on the same thing.

Female Student: Listen, you! This isn't the time ti be making stupid jokes.

Male Student: You're right. She isn't moving. Did she get knocked out or something.

Female Student: Ms. Fujimura…? Um… are you okay?

She then stands up as if nothing happened.

…No one gives a thought to how odd it is for this to happen every single day.

Day -> Midday.

Tige… I mean Ms. Fujimura is conducting class today the same way she does everyday.

: In fact, outbreaks were common. But now, most illnesses are cured using nanothinymajigs! And FYI, I'm still young. This will be on the test so be sure you don't forget it. I mean it.

[Metal-Gear-Joke-here]

: All right, that's all for today. Be sure to study hard tonight, and don't forget those important points I told you about.

Midday -> Evening.

: Being a studen sucks. The worst part of the whole deal is having to attend these stupid classes. You're still here? …That's unusual. You don't have any plans, like a date or something?

Ha ha, I'm just messing with you! I know you're too big of a nerd to ever get a date! I mean you're just going to your dork club- The journalism lib, right…? Well, seeing as you're boring as stale white bread, your life is exactly as it should be.

You know exactly what your role in life is, and you stay there. Well, catch you later! See you in class tomorrow.

Shinji. Lovable.

2-A Classroom. There are Students, so let's talk with them.

Male student: What?! I'd kill to be able to wear the black uniform of the student council like you.

Choosing the other one leads to:

ARGH! It's driving me insane!

Outside on the 2nd Floor corridor.

But the thought of Shinji being my brother-in-law is… Ugh. If only they weren't related…

We go up to the 3rd Floor.

A pity it seems.

…Heh.

Then we go to the 1st Floor.

Oh boy. This promises to be fun.

: I heard that you've been skipping out on the archery club's morning practices lately! Why haven't you been showing up? And where do you get off taking a break without my say so ?! You bi… I get it now. You've been going to "their" house again, haven't you?

: …Yes. I have been going there, but I just wanted to help and…

: Wait a sec… What was that just now? Anyway, if someone gets hurt, just leave them to suffer. Just do what I tell you to, and things will be a-okay. I mean, it seems like people get some kind of perverse thrill from getting in my way. To force one of my… err… my dear little sister to miss valuable practice time…

: …Um…why don't you… Why is it so wrong to help those who need it?

: And why help anybody out? Will that person ever pay you back or help in return? Of course they won't! And if you think otherwise, you're an idiot! I won't be used by anyone. It's better to treat others as cattle. And isn't it time for you to admit to feeling the same way?!

The conversation ends and we go and do the most sensible thing.

: If you ever start feeling unwell, please come by the nurse's office.

More Student talking.

Female Student: Where did you get that idea? They don't look anything alike.

Female Student: Huh…? She's not?

Female Student: Uh… I'm not really sure. I feel for her, though. It's like she's the topic of a million rumors… Plus she has Shinji as a brother. If I was her, my diary would be longer than War and Peace.

Female Student: You actually keep a diary?! How… archaic. I never expected something like that from you.

Missed a check on day.

Anyway let's leave the scho-

Video Here

For some unknown reason, I find my eyes drawn to the door of the supply room when…

The door is suddenly and violently thrown open.

: What do you think you're doing?

A sudden, overwhelming sense of danger gives me goose bumps all over my body.

His cold, blank, stare sends chills down my spine, as though he's marking me for death.

…For some reason, it feels as if he is deciding whether to break my neck or skin me alive.

He begins to mutter under his breath while at the same time he reaches out with his right hand.

The chills running down my spine gain intensity as waves of nausea and vertigo wash over me.

I feel like a rabbit watching the wolf draw near.

Maybe this isn't just raw terror. I think he's holding something that's making me feel this way?

The note of digestion his voice is obvious as he slowly lowers his hand.

The paralysis that seemed to take hold of me suddenly fades away.

The man continues to look down on me with those dead eyes of his.

: The campus is about to close. If you have nothing else to do, I advise you to go home now.

: …

: …Is there anything else?

: …

The man who introduces himself as Mr. Kuzuki turns and heads back into the supply room.

Wonderful. We now have a teacher with obvious "murderous intent" teaching at our school.

-ol. Hmm? Anyway, we go to report to the Journalism Club.

Familiar enough?

Editor: What? Did you forget? You have to write an "Unsolved Mysteries of Tsukumihara" article. C'mon I told you yesterday. There isn't very much time left before the deadline. Well whatever. Your work's always good, so I'll leave this in your capable hands! Jeez, my benevolence is like a black panther running around. Yes, that doesn't make sense. So that's that. I've done some of the investigating. It's your job to do the rest.

Editor: Okay, so about the first preview edition, the one called "Gateway to the Paranormal." So listen… There's supposedly an entrance to the spirit world at the rear of the Archery Range. One time, a male student who got bullied a lot was told to pick up trash there… and vanished. Everyone's totally convinced that there's paranormal activity going on back there.

Editor: Anyway, go sniff out the truth! Leave no stone unturned! Your nose and eyes are the tools of the trade for a journalist. Got it?

I think she replies the same no matter what you answer.

Editor: Your reply should be "Yes ma'am!" All right. Hop to it!

Anyway a student appears on the first floor now.

And then we leave the building.

Male Student: You want to know where Tiger is? Wouldn't she be at the Archery Range or something?

Female Student: He's tall, dark, and handsome… mostly dark.

So hey, the archery range is now open.

Let's talk to Ms. Fujimura

: The worst is when they leave their arrows stuck in the target mound. I usually make the kids do it, but there's no club activities leading up to exams, so I'm doing it. Huh? An entrance to the spirit world? That's just a rumor, it's not real! Exams are right around the corner, so don't waste your time on stuff like that. Go home, shoo, shoo!

Then we get a choice to leave or stay. We are ditching so we go.

And that's day 1. It only has 100+ images. Joy.
    Last edited by Laith; December 13th, 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    YES THIS MAKES ME HAPPY
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fag Bals. Our name is Fag Bals.

And be glad the game is at least translated now. Taking a million screenshots and then translating them was just suffering and is what killed my LP. :/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, the Shinji/Sakura interaction is interesting. Does Shinji know his true role yet, because if so it's rather odd....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Hmm, the Shinji/Sakura interaction is interesting. Does Shinji know his true role yet, because if so it's rather odd....
    I believe he's still unwittingly playing the role given by the moon cell at this point.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I see....

It's rather odd, actually, that the moon cell would make him the sister of an NPC (also, it's rather odd that no-one notices how his younger sister is acting as the school nurse, rather than actually going to school...).

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well as NPCs, the student body would tend to ignore this as a whole since the concept probably doesn't even register to them and whatnot.

I'd say it would be different for Masters, but than again they'd see her as NPC, and thus something that can be easily ignored.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    It's just another of the signs that things aren't quite right. Either you go "hey, wait a minute..." eventually, or you die.

the moon cell would make him the sister of an NPC
    hee hee

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    How is this best done? Video cap (you can't beat a dev kit but maybe there are 3rd party PC video out)? Emulator?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    (you can't beat a dev kit but maybe there are 3rd party PC video out)?
    I used Remotejoy Lite when I was recording video. It requires custom firmware on your PSP, and a double-ended audio cable if you want sound (and on Windows 7, some fucking with Windows itself to even make it let you use the driver; it wouldn't let you use it unless you had the computer in test mode). And I still got annoying buzzing sounds. Probably more trouble than it was worth. But it worked.

So, screencapping is probably the easiest method (though again you need CFW).

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. If I have the time I want to do something like this for Extra CCC. Though it won't be a complete walkthrough/LP, probably just a Quick Look for the first few hours of the game, possibly plus voice commentary :3

Or any other game, if someone wants to see me play Valkyrie Profile Lenneth or something I'd be down with that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Thanks. If I have the time I want to do something like this for Extra CCC
    NOT IF I BEAT YOU TO IT

Fag Bals will return for CCC, dammit.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you'll probably beat me to it, because fuck EMS shipping.

Also need to figure out how to do voice commentary while playing. Cheaply. Right now I'm thinking of recording me talking as a separate file and then superimposing the audio over the game footage, but that doesn't seem like the best possible option.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; December 11th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Fag Bals. Our name is Fag Bals.

And be glad the game is at least translated now. Taking a million screenshots and then translating them was just suffering and is what killed my LP. :/
    We have 16(?) characters now, be more creative. Also Fag Bals is a silly name.

And yes I'm not crazy enough to do the same. I mean is already annoying to screenshot and transcribe all of that.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Fag Bals shall forever live on in infamy.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    In my heart, the male protagonist will always be Fag Bals.

Well, to take advantage of the larger number of characters, we could play as the girl and name her Skanky Whore!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Maine Kharactr.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I feel like a proud father.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」