Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Fantasia: The Prisma Ilya Wing

Powered by infinite rage Comartemis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    What has been the consensus on the distribution of magic users btw? While the uneven distribution of the named groups is understandable, what's the canon take on world-spanning magic-user organizations?
    I couldn't give you specific numbers, but there's only a few worldwide organizations that I can think of, none of which were aware of each other before the reveal.

• The Association/Atlas/the Sea of Estray is the largest group of organized magic users. Mostly European due to their roots there, with a weaker presence in North America and the Middle East and essentially none in South America/Africa/Australia/Asia.
    • The Devil Hunter clans are scattered around in small handfuls here and there depending on where the families have moved over the years. Few of the individual clans are in contact with each other, but most know in general terms that there are other clans out there somewhere.
    • The Phantasms are loosely scattered around the world but tend to be more nomadic than the Devil Hunters because of the nature of their work. They work solo or in small groups of three or four. They may as well not exist outside of their specific duties since they don't bother with the affairs of other groups.
    • The Assassins (pending approval from the rest of the project, since they're kind of out there as magical girls go) have the same deal as the Phantasms but are more likely to fight solo with a small support network of friends backing them up rather than have a small team of fighters.

The main thread is currently discussing how to replicate Shirou's powers for a possible "he was actually a mage all along" route without him being overly reliant on seeing other peoples' swords. Current suggestions include making his tracing powers Otherworld-based or something involving the Archer card. The second is problematic because Kuro needs that card to keep living but there's discussion about preserving her as a Unison Device or using Silver Crystal hax to give her a real flesh-and-blood body or something.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Shirou fusing with Kuro?

She finally gets to realize her dream of becoming one with him. =P

...hmm, how much of a role do parallel realities and the like play in with BF again, because then we could use that for the UBW issue, maybe.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Shirou fusing with Kuro?

She finally gets to realize her dream of becoming one with him. =P
    Yeah, I already made the "I'm inside you" joke. Made me feel like Nanao-kun. I want a shower now.

Another idea was for Bazette to succeed in ripping the Archer card out of Kuro's prana body but for Hayate to download her into the Tome of the Night Sky as she's breaking up. This could lead into the Unison Device angle or Kuro could become a Guardian Knight like the Wolkenritter.

...hmm, how much of a role do parallel realities and the like play in with BF again, because then we could use that for the UBW issue, maybe.
    Parallel realities are mostly the places that demonic invasions come from insofar as the Alliance interacts with them. Dimensions are the realm of the TSAB (the difference is a matter of... well, dimension. Picture the multiverse as being two-dimensional, with alternate realities stacked above and below your universe and dimensions lined up on either side of it. Like an xy graph).

If the goal is to let Shirou keep UBW then I think the Otherworld route is the better option. Reality Marbles are more in line with the mechanics after all. Less worry about Kuro and the lack of HGW(since Prisma continuity) as well. Unlike the others though, he could be a special existence who lacks distinction between Otherself and real self, so as to reflect his distortion in FSN canon. Of course, that would mean him being more like FSN!Shirou than PI!Shirou(who we know next to nothing about and is thus fair game).

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ah, the joys of working with blank slates.

Depending on the sort of interactions that the Nanoha crew would have with the Prisma crew, I say go with both the Otherworld AND the Book of Darkness/pseudo-Wolkenritter route, since then Kuro won't have to worry about magical energy anymore, and the Archer card gets freed up for other usage, like having Illya or Kuro channeling Robin Hood of Fate/EXTRA or something else like that.

Also, I'm curious as to what sort of role the good ol' 2nd Magic has in this, since I'm certain that has been discussed on the SB threads.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

I see two ways, one mystic, the other badass normal:

Mystic: Have him contain the Jeweled Sword in him a la Avalon maybe? That way he could call on the weapons of other dimensions, though at first it is completely uncontrollable. If he's still adopted in this reality, it could be explained as Shirou was originally created as one of the Wizard Marshall's dimensional others' living weapon before a dimensional accident with his ultimate ability landed him in this reality, with no memories of his time as that Zeltrech's weapon.

Badass Normal: Have him find a lost Armed Device, when he was kid, and he can find about it then start practicing with it during the Class Cards incident so that he could protect his sister.

*shrugs*

Personally, the created as a Living Weapon thing fits Shirou's theme of Sword a lot better.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

But then we'd no longer have (a reason for) those regular 'mana transfers'

We can't have that, can we?

Yes we can ^^

After all, Shirou still needs a source of mana to awaken his other snarky self. XD

Wait a minute:
    Shirou - PI!Shirou we all know and love
    AlternateShirou - Dark skinned, white haired living weapon, snarky as hell

Shirou pulling a Mamoru, with the alternate personality and memory loss, but know he must protect Ilya.

He was found by Iris first and imprinted on her as his master, Iris orders him to be a normal kid and to protect Ilya when he can. The rest is history. Later on, it is found ("By accident!" or so Kuro swears) that the other Shirou can be awoken with a prana infusion from either Ilya, but in this case, he's on a timer.
    Last edited by qsurf; December 16th, 2011 at 03:58 AM.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Highly Protective Sibling = Male Yandere?

Could work.

...I can dream, can't I? =P

Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    Yes we can ^^
    You blasphemer!

I still prefer the idea I presented though(Duh.). More chances to involve him outside of PrismaIlya/Nasu territory via Paradoxes and even PMMM.

You blasphemer!
    I swear I meant to say that differently...^^;;;

Yes, we can still have (an excuse) for prana transfers.
    My bad
    m(_ _)m

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries

[Sign: Hmm... I remember starting to read the Battle Fantasia some months ago but dropped it, guess I'll give it a shot.]

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    I dropped Battle Fantasia long ago, when it became obvious that there were already to many characters to keep up with.

Illya is best servant

Well, as people said, PI!Shirou is a blank slate. I said many times jokingly (or was I?) that he is surely the strongest and badassest character in the setting (as Zelretch doesn't really appear, except as flashbacks). But I did it with some reasons. Practically everyone except maybe Sakura and Shirou knows more about everything than Illya, Miyu and Kuro. And Rin and Luvia are just behind those three when it comes to lack of knowledge, and I'm not sure about where I would put Bazett. I'm sure as hell than Kiritsugu, Iri and the maids know a good amount of what is happening if not everything, who is who and what is what. Why not make Shirou the same? After all, potentially he is the most powerful in the city when it comes to combat, having an RM speciallized in combat and mass destruction. Without the Servants, he is the only one that can use NP's with ease without the use of Cards (Bazett can use up to 10 times Fragarach per year, IIRC. Shirou can use as many NP as he wants while he has enough prana to support them)

Based on the Phantasmoon skits from Carnival Phantasm, it's Akiha. Who, according to Arc, has schemes sillier than the ones from the Sailormoon anime. Like being a cosmetics sales-rep, a mangaka and an idol.
    And India Girl is the black magical girl, IIRC.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

If "the magic came back", then according to the language of the Mage Association, has the Age of Legends, or Gods, re-started? I mean, the "rules of the world" might change so that now magic operates according to different principles... so there's some handwave there, I guess. Once the Masquerade completely breaks, "common sense" changes. "Being a magical girl" would be a pseudo-Marble Phantasm that allows you to operate according to the Natural Law of the Age of Gods--wait, does that mean 5th Caster was a Magical Girl?

Isn't restarting the Age of Gods the first step in the prophecies of Atlas about the "Promised Time", ie Notes?

Is somebody going to go ignorantly pick a fight with ORT?

What about that ritual Altrouge was setting up that was going to be the plot of Tsukihime 2?

If Souls Don't Work That Way, what about the Grail War? If there is No Counter Force, what about Archer?

I'm not saying this to go "hurr hurr Nasuverse is the ONLY ANSWER", I just think having answers to these questions would be a great move.

Those questions should have been answered within the wiki: http://bfp.wikia.com/wiki/BFP_Wiki

However, I bet the main answer about the whole Anti-CF thing is the other magical girls involved, cause once I really think about it, each show would have triggered Alaya into 'taking steps' such as Sailor Moon vs. Sailor Galaxia; Nanoha vs. the Book of Darkness; All of PMMM in general...and those are only the most epic ones too. So, for the sake of answering just why is everyone still alive, Alaya and most of Nasu's Soul Mechanics needed to be wiped clean.
    Last edited by qsurf; December 16th, 2011 at 12:22 PM.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Speaking of the 'No Counter Force' thing, aren't the magical girls doing the Counter Guardians' jobs? So under Nasuverse rules, you could make it so that there is still a Counter Force but no CG's. Instead, it's the magical girls who are receiving Alaya's back-up and are acting as the Counter Force's medium.