Page 94 of 152 FirstFirst ... 448489929394959699104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3036

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

I'm cool with it. Not a BL thread if it doesn't derail in 10 posts or less, eh?
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    He didn't really have the upper hand the entire time. At the start they were drawing, its only when Diarmuid was allowed to use all his shit that he was beating a Saber who wasn't willing to go all out.

Beating Saber in melee combat isn't an amazingly impressive feat in the first place, she's probably only average as melee oriented servants go. Saber is OP because of Excalibur and the fact that she has a fair chance at beating anyone because of her skills and stats. Saber doesn't just go around stomping everyone that moves and so overwhelming her means your awesome.

He also stood no chance against Iskander or Hassan.

The Nasuverse isn't about pure powerlevels, its concepts. Diarmuid may only be average as servants go but that doesn't mean he can't beat people that are above average. It also doesn't make him weak. IMO, the only people who are above average are the ones that are clearly above average.
    Explain how he'd lose to Hassan, as 4th Hassan was basically 83 5th-Caster Golems with assassin Skills.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Explain how he'd lose to Hassan, as 4th Hassan was basically 83 5th-Caster Golems with assassin Skills.
    Nasu stated it, not us. He has bad compatibility against the Hassan. I assume it's because while he's spearing one or two of them the other 80 or so are all stabbing/shooting him at once. Or dogpiling him so hard he can't move.

I think it's bullshit myself, but it's Word of God so hey, Diarmuid loses to Hassan.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Nasu stated it, not us. He has bad compatibility against the Hassan. I assume it's because while he's spearing one or two of them the other 80 or so are all stabbing/shooting him at once. Or dogpiling him so hard he can't move.

I think it's bullshit myself, but it's Word of God so hey, Diarmuid loses to Hassan.
    I believe it. Diarmurd and Saber together were having problems fighting a bunch of Caster's starfish familiars when they were dogpilling. I refuse to believe even at full split that the 4th Hassans are weaker than any familiar, except perhaps Avicebron's "equal to a weak servant" golems. Mordred only had to fight a few in that first scene. If there had been close to a hundred of them, she probably wouldn't have had such an easy time of it.

Also, even if in terms of strength a familiar could be close to the split Hassans, they still have the advantage of way more skill and knowledge. They're not just going to bull rush like any dumb combat familiar would.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    I believe it. Diarmurd and Saber together were having problems fighting a bunch of Caster's starfish familiars when they were dogpilling.
    I still don't understand why Lancer didn't just jump in the air and throw a spear in Caster's face.

I mean, he's not Cu, but you'd think he could manage that.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hassan's power splits into equal parts when he separates into multiple Assassins, I reckon.

The reason why Diarmuid would be done in is because there is no way he could intercept the amount of ranged attacks from every angle that the Hundred Faced Hassan could unleash on him if he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    I though Saber and Lancer killed like 500 of those familiars each.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This discussion reminds me of Fatal zero Fake, a fanmade game which is pretty neat. Playable are Alex, Saber and Kerry, and there are so many mooks that it makes any computer lag i'd say.
    Mooks are various Castermonsters, some penis worms/flies, and Assassins. Last Boss is Cthulhu, though he can be killed with 1 Excaliblast/origin Bullet/IH.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Hassan's power splits into equal parts when he separates into multiple Assassins, I reckon.
    Considering Nasu mentioned that each one has the strength of a Servant, I'm going to guess no. Finding a loophole in equivalent exchange is part of what makes it a Noble Phantasm I guess.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I thought they were all weaker?

Also it's not true that they would be all coordinated or all assassins. They are more like a building full of office workers. A bunch of random guys that have no relation to each other. Their teamwork would be terrible. Or at least I recall food describing it that way.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    I remember it being mentioned somewhere that if Assassin hadn't been killed off so soon he would have prolly been one of the big bad's of the story surviving till the very end and hijacking it for himself or something like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I thought they were all weaker?
    Yes.
    When summoned as a spiritual entity and emerged as a Servant, segments of his compartmentalized soul each materialized as an individual. However, due to the potential of the spirit being only that of one person, the abilities of the Assassins produced by the division were extremely low, reaching the nadir of the capabilities of Servants.
    (Nevertheless, they are still Servant-tier, even if it's terrible Servants. Kiritsugu is not capable of taking one on).

Also it's not true that they would be all coordinated or all assassins. They are more like a building full of office workers. A bunch of random guys that have no relation to each other. Their teamwork would be terrible. Or at least I recall food describing it that way.
    He'd slightly mistranslated that and corrected himself right after. That was a nod to Loli!Hassan's intended plot, where she was unaware of her identity. That said, it is explicit that they do have different personalities and it takes some knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses to co-ordinate effectively. Presumably Hassan him-and-herself has that knowledge.

Whether they are all specifically skilled in an aspect of assassination or not is, I believe, unclear. I would tend towards yes, because Hassan. That said, they are definitely not all skilled as all-round Assassins (specifically, some are bad at ambushes), so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    I remember it being mentioned somewhere that if Assassin hadn't been killed off so soon he would have prolly been one of the big bad's of the story surviving till the very end and hijacking it for himself or something like that.
    As usual, your memory has exaggerated and blown everything out of proportion.
    He even plotted to hijack the Holy Grail before Kirei and Tokiomi, had the war have gone in their favour. However, in the end he did not even have a chance to show his rebellious side before becoming the first Servant eliminated from the war.
    He had plans to rebel. That's it.

(Also, seriously, all in my doc. The Assassin entry is actually one of the longest there is. Please, people).
    Last edited by Seika; August 8th, 2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Poor Seika.

So much time gathering info and making it accessible to everyone.

And nobody reads it.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I read it regularly. Love it in fact. Some people value your effort, Seika!

Blog Entries
    Seika: Ah yes knew it was something like that ah well still it'd be interesting to see a story where his plan succeeds.

Blog Entries
    What kind of a derail is this? ._.

Polly?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FATE/APOCRYPHA TRANSLATION

ENGLISH MOTHERBUGGERER DOST THOU SPEAKETH IT
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 8th, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I AM THE WALRUS
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I AM THE WALRUS
    Who is the Carpenter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    What the fuck is going on around here?
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured