Page 246 of 275 FirstFirst ... 146196236241244245246247248251256 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Wait so did Doppio die from his wounds or being separated from Diavolo?
    Pretty sure he died from his wounds. Mista did try to aim for non-lethal areas, but that was before they just left him behind to bleed out. Actually, I'm surprised the gang (especially Mista) was so okay with just leaving Bruno's body to die. But I guess they didn't really have any other choice, and stopping Chariot Requiem took priority.

- - - Updated - - -

That scene really showed what an absolute irredeemable scumbag Diavolo is though. Doppio is literally the other half of his soul, someone whose been with him since birth and is completely devoted to insuring his success and victory. If there's anyone Diavolo could be expected to have a genuine bond with it'd be with the guy whose literally, metaphysically part of himself. And yet, once he's no longer useful Diavolo heartlessly tosses him aside just to save his own ass. I don't think it's a coincidence Diavolo had to destroy "the light of his soul" to beat Chariot Requiem. In more senses than one, he sacrificed the only bright and decent part of himself to further his ambitions.

Doppio
    The pure innocent boy
    is gone, now only
    Diavolo
    the demon
    remains.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Yeah, whatever "care" he had for Doppio was limited to when his own ass wasn't on the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I dunno if Doppio is exactly that innocent considering what we saw him doing to his caretaker and mom in that flashback. Was that Diavolo acting out through him? Or was it Doppio all along...? We will never know...
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Beginning to REALLY like Toa's headcanon about KC from last page. Totally within the realm of possibility.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Beginning to REALLY like Toa's headcanon about KC from last page. Totally within the realm of possibility.
    How so?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    How so?
    I prefer the idea that he's "just" a sapient Stand who went out of control, not a literal demonic invader. There's no evidence demons or anything like them exist in Araki's universe, whereas we know there's Stands that can possess their own users (Anubis) and Stands that can run amok when the user's will isn't strong enough to control them (like Cheap Trick).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    There's no evidence demons or anything like them exist in Araki's universe, whereas we know there's Stands that can possess their own users (Anubis) and Stands that can run amok when the user's will isn't strong enough to control them (like Cheap Trick).
    Somebody hasn't read the Rohan spin-off adventures.

How so?
    When Diavolo and Doppio split, Diavolo's forehead when possessed by Bruno's soul had a hole in its forehead where KC's face (?) usually resided when Epitaph was activated, KC's possession and hiding inside Trish's body when the whole soul-swapping shenanigans occured, implying "Diavolo" might be a disembodied soul for real, and the very Omen-like circumstances of his conception, birth, and eventual destruction of his hometown. I feel it lay dormant for most of Solido/Doppio's life, then took over when he reached maturity to enact its own plan of secret world domination.

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit. Beat me to it.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Don’t forget we see evidence of Diavolo in his baby flashback.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Kind of covered that in "Omen-like circumstances".

Blog Entries
    T'is an interesting idea.

The same can be said of Part 5 as a whole really, "interesting ideas but flawed execution".

True. When I first read VA, the thing that disappointed me most is that despite Giorno being DIO's son, he was largely disconnected from the overarching narrative of the original verse, and not much was made of what he truly inherited from DIO vs what he did from Jonathan (though we as readers can kind of see it). I get that Araki may have been trying to define Giorno as his own character separate from the Joestar-Brando conflict, but I think it honestly fell flat and robbed him of some depth he may have had in VA itself, not counting PHF.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. The only Rohan spinoffs I've read were Millionaire Village, the one with the crazy gym-bro guy, and At The Louvre. I'd say those cases were more like evil spirits than outright demons, but that's kind of a hairsplitting distinction and in any case I should've given more credence to the JoJoverse having all kinds of wacky supernatural shit that isn't Stand related. I still like the "rebel Stand" idea better though. Straight up demonic possession feels generic and not weird enough for JoJo, and I prefer to think that Diavolo is still a genuine (albeit twisted) part of Doppio's personality, not an external invader. More psychologically interesting that way.

Blog Entries
    ^ The story in question is "Episode 2: Mutsu-kabe Hill" where Rohan encounters honest to god demons that possess human bodies and what not whilst investigating the eponymous hill for ghost stories about undead humans wandering about.

I'd say the Millionaire Village was an example of actual kami, though those are not much different from random spirits, the Louvre was a demonic spirit possessing the painting, and even in DiU itself, the hands were definitely some spiritual phenomenon relating to some sort of Underworld, whether it be Yomi or something else. Also, even if KC is an external invader, the entity that has become known as "Diavolo" would still be shaped both by the original body and the invader that has been there since conception, meaning the "self" was partially formed by an invader, and the invader's aspect eventually took over, though not without some bleedthrough.

- - - Updated - - -

JoJo's spiritual diversity so-to-speak honestly gives it great crossover potential with TM.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be kind of weird, but did anyone else when reading/watching DiU have a headcanon that Kira used his "girlfriends" to jack himself off? I haven't seen anyone else mention that, even if YouTube comment sections.

Blog Entries
    ^ The story in question is "Episode 2: Mutsu-kabe Hill" where Rohan encounters honest to god demons that possess human bodies and what not whilst investigating the eponymous hill for ghost stories about undead humans wandering about.
    Ah, okay then. The only thing I know of that particular story was seeing some clip of a girl in her underwear trying to hide a dead guy who's bleeding endlessly or something along those lines. In any case, thanks for explaining Skull!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    This might be kind of weird, but did anyone else when reading/watching DiU have a headcanon that Kira used his "girlfriends" to jack himself off? I haven't seen anyone else mention that, even if YouTube comment sections.
    I feel like that's the kind of thing that's very likely true given Kira's personality but no one brought up because it's just kind of icky to contemplate. Pretty sure Araki did officially mention in a character profile or something that Kira uses the hands to wipe his ass with though, which is equally gross in a different way.

Given Kira himself acknowledged getting hard at the sight of Mona Lisa's hands, I don't see why the fandom would hesitate to acknowledge the possibility.

Blog Entries
    Shonen Jump is weird, Eichiro Oda says his editors won't let a character say "boobies" or even imply that two consenting adults are in a sexual relationship. But Araki just throws in erections and masturbation in Jojo for no real reason. :/

Did Oda actually say that? I thought he also said that there would be no romance or shipping in One Piece because that's not what boys do or something like that (I could be very wrong), so I dunno. As for Araki, I just assume he was grandfathered in prior to JoJo leaving SJ, or he was just a force on his own much like Yoshihiro Togashi currently is.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure the "no romance" thing was just in regards to romance among the main characters - considering there have been romances, marriages and even children born amongst the supporting cast.

As for Araki. Thinking about it, I'd probably just guess it's as simple as what passes or not is up to their personal editor's disgression. One Piece's core demographic presumably attracts a younger audience on average than Jojo and so Oda is likely under a tighter lease about what he can put in. He certainly complains about what he can & cannot put in from time to time in the SBS series.