Page 269 of 275 FirstFirst ... 169219259264267268269270271274 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I mean sure, Pucci *could* remove his memory disk but that creates an unnecessary risk when killing him silences him forever and framing it as a suicide could potentially throw pursuers off the trail.
    A simpler explanation yeah. Plus Johngalli actually worked with Pucci in-depth and knew about his Stand so if his memory were erased he might notice gaps and/or break allegiance with him realizing he'd been messed with. Either way it'd be cleaner for him to die especially since Pucci figured he'd no longer have use for him with Jotaro dealt with.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I mean sure, Pucci *could* remove his memory disk but that creates an unnecessary risk when killing him silences him forever and framing it as a suicide could potentially throw pursuers off the trail.
    I think Johngalli A also knew more than any of his lackeys to whom he gave Stands and orders, and he would be a dangerous opponent, even for the likes of Pucci and Whitesnake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow that Foo Fighters battle was a good one. Nice fake out too, seeing the person in the OP get it that hard at the start. And from that right to high stakes catch. Jojo sure is something.

Edit: A fucking spacesuit? That's the kind of bullshit you choose to introduce him doing?
    Last edited by Mattias; December 23rd, 2021 at 04:05 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    A simpler explanation yeah. Plus Johngalli actually worked with Pucci in-depth and knew about his Stand so if his memory were erased he might notice gaps and/or break allegiance with him realizing he'd been messed with. Either way it'd be cleaner for him to die especially since Pucci figured he'd no longer have use for him with Jotaro dealt with.
    FWIW, I suppose I'm biased with hindsight since (without giving too much away) the original scenario you described does actually happen in the story and it nearly gets him killed, so I view his handling of Johngalli as the "correct" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Edit: A fucking spacesuit? That's the kind of bullshit you choose to introduce him doing?
    It truly is a shame that Weather Report has so few fights in Part 6, too stronk I guess. At least Araki didn't pull a Fuego this time and have him just up and leave.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

FWIW, I suppose I'm biased with hindsight since (without giving too much away) the original scenario you described does actually happen in the story and it nearly gets him killed, so I view his handling of Johngalli as the "correct" one.
    I was about to mention that one as well, and yeah, with that in mind, Pucci definitely dealt with Johngalli A. the "correct" way.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Happy 35th anniversary.

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I always forget that Jojo was born on New Years Day.

Happy anniversary.

Oh, was it? Happy 35th, JoJo, and specifically PB, the best part.

Blog Entries
    So I've been watching the latest Alex Rider series lately and a chain of trivia lead me to the fact that Araki apparently drew cover-art for the novels in Japan.

(For book 1 'Stormbreaker')

Fun seeing a more "grounded" series interpreted through Araki's fabulous art-style.

Really? That art is something. Makes Alex look a decade older than he actually is. Honestly, I haven't thought of that book series since I finished like 10 years ago? Man, time flies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Really? That art is something. Makes Alex look a decade older than he actually is. Honestly, I haven't thought of that book series since I finished like 10 years ago? Man, time flies.
    Yeah, the fact that's supposed to be 14 makes that a little eyebrow-raising but that's pretty much how Araki draws characters. Actually more in line with the Amazon series where Alex is aged up to be at least 16, apart from the fabulous fashion sense of course...

Blog Entries
    New PV for Stone Ocean.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    FALL!? What the fuck!? Is this part going to take 3 years to finish?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    It seems David is having production troubles to meet Netflix demand for batch. That, and they’re also busy with like 52 episodes of Urusei Yatsura non stop. From what I’ve heard this new adaptation of UY is affecting SO and taking away better staff from it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Fuck Netflix and it's fuck you money, that is if they're even fully responsible for DP's troubles with producing Stone Ocean.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    While I believe that the Netflix deal had at least some effect on this it kinda seems to me like DP's output of several shows + JoJo has finally caught up to them, as I get the impression that they steadily increased it over the years.

I might be wrong, of course, and someone who knows more about them please do correct me if that's the case.

No.You aren't wrong It's that. Or more specifically, Urusei Yatsura. Kvin (Yuyucow in Twitter) , head of Sakugabooru, already made an sneaky tweet (because he has connections to animators, he has insider info) before UY's announcement that Stone Ocean got fucked over by a completely uncessary remake taking away a lot of good staff who previously worked in JoJo. David accepting another long runner (UY) bit them in the ass
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    No.You aren't wrong It's that. Or more specifically, Urusei Yatsura. Kvin (Yuyucow in Twitter) , head of Sakugabooru, already made an sneaky tweet (because he has connections to animators, he has insider info) before UY's announcement that Stone Ocean got fucked over by a completely uncessary remake taking away a lot of good staff who previously worked in JoJo. David accepting another long runner (UY) bit them in the ass
    Rumiko has larger audience than Araki you know, even though Jojo is hyped more.

The remake is called unecessary because the old show and movies are already seen as pretty good and people interested in UY could go watch that
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Part 6.2 is out guys.
    Impressed with the marketing on this one I must say. Outstanding even. Couldn't even see it.
    burn your dread you coward