Page 51 of 275 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    The big difference between Kira and Jon is that Kira gets luckier in a week than Jon has in thirty-five years.
    Lucky for him. Not so much for the girlfriends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    The fight against Soundman, (Lesson 4), the one against Civil War (Don't shoot if you are wavering) and all of the D4C chapters from Ball Breaker until High Voltage. And I like Johnny and Gyro and Lucy. In that order. (Damn Lucy was hardcore.)
    Yeah, I liked the Sandman/Soundman fight and the entirety of the D4C fight as well. My other favorite parts are the fight with Ringo, the Scary Monsters Chapters, and the epilogue/ending. Johnny reflecting on everything, especially his time with Gyro, was just a beautiful scene.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Crack theory:

The Morioh Walleyes and the phenomena they cause are actually the result of a Stand known as Sir Mix-a-Lot. It's power? Fusion.

Spoiler:
    It can even fuse alternate timelines together.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

That would actually be pretty damn hilarious. Would love Jo2uke to point out the ridiculous yet strangely accurate name.

In fact, it would be funny to see ANY of the characters eventually lampshade the various song/album shout-outs that come with the Stand Names. Perhaps with just a joke or two, or Daiya having a bit of a fangirl moment if a future enemy/ally Stand has a Yes shout-out.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; February 28th, 2014 at 12:08 AM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Crack theory:

The Morioh Walleyes and the phenomena they cause are actually the result of a Stand known as Sir Mix-a-Lot. It's power? Fusion.

Spoiler:
    It can even fuse alternate timelines together.
    A bit to obvious for Araki's standards... and why the walleyes should be the product of a fusion?

But I like the idea of fusing two timelines together (Mr. President~). I wonder if we'll see more mash-ups later one?

"Do you want some____________?"

I am SO ready to revisit this part of the Adventure!
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    THAT BIRD IS ON FIIIIIREEEEEE
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

It's definitely one big-ass chicken.

Here's some funny pics I found.

You should have seen him in the 2004 party, or when it was 4/4/04.

Look at Giorno's section and you'll understand why he never thinks about his father. Also, Jo2uke's section is adorable.

Marvel at Jotaro's parenting

- - - Updated - - -

Also, behold Teddy's TRUE identity!

Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Christmas in Giorno's and Johnny's house was the best.

Also, dem parenting skills, Jotaro.

Blog Entries
    Too busy staring at Dio's bulge.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Too busy staring at Dio's bulge.
    It's like you're me...

Blog Entries
    Or maybe you are meeeee.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So who is whose Stand, in this case?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Found these as well.

Fun fact, Erina was actually voiced by Saber's voice actor. So here, we have Granny Arturia scolding her bonehead grandson Joseph.

Yu's Bizarre Adventure: Bonds Are Unbreakable

Also, as a bonus the newest fighter in the P-1 Climax!

Transfer Student: Josuke Higashikata!

Fear It. FEAR IT!!!!

And Finally, Ramona's greatest and first Evil Ex.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; March 4th, 2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about it,
    Steel Ball Run spoilers
    I was markedly disappointed that In a Silent Way was actually Sandman's Stand. The fact that the sound effects were all in Japanese could have been a nice bit of foreshadowing if its user were actually Norisuke Higashitaka, which would have made sense in hindsight. Instead, the User was a Native American, who should not know the language whatsoever.

I know Stands can get incredibly weird, but I still personally thought that was SBR's weakest reveal. It felt too "against expectations" for the sake of being contrary.

That said, I'm not sure how Jojolion could be written the way it is if Pappy Higashitaka did have the role of an enemy Stand User back in the 1800s, who, if not killed in battle by Johnny and Gyro, at the very least would need his ass kicked so hard he couldn't race anymore. Get beaten up sufficiently but not too much, learn lesson of not to fuck with the Corpse Seekers because they caught onto his tricks, ditch the contract and then return back to his original goal of attempting to win the race? I'm too creatively drained to give too much thought to any speculation at the moment.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; March 4th, 2014 at 03:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    I wish this happened:

This taste... It's of a Senpai!

Blog Entries
    Thinking about it,
    Steel Ball Run spoilers
    I was markedly disappointed that In a Silent Way was actually Sandman's Stand. The fact that the sound effects were all in Japanese could have been a nice bit of foreshadowing if its user were actually Norisuke Higashitaka, which would have made sense in hindsight. Instead, the User was a Native American, who should not know the language whatsoever.

I know Stands can get incredibly weird, but I still personally thought that was SBR's weakest reveal. It felt too "against expectations" for the sake of being contrary.

That said, I'm not sure how Jojolion could be written the way it is if Pappy Higashitaka did have the role of an enemy Stand User back in the 1800s, who, if not killed in battle by Johnny and Gyro, at the very least would need his ass kicked so hard he couldn't race anymore. Get beaten up sufficiently but not too much, learn lesson of not to fuck with the Corpse Seekers because they caught onto his tricks, ditch the contract and then return back to his original goal of attempting to win the race? I'm too creatively drained to give too much thought to any speculation at the moment.
    Honestly this is a really weird and pointless complaint. The sound effects were in Japanese because the manga is written in Japanese. Soundman is speaking Japanese at every point of the story. But for all intents and purposes it's "English" that they're speaking. And if it's English Soundman does know the language, both spoken and written. He has a small collection of books in the first chapter.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, even Araki cannot do research on everything, including Native American languages from 19th century.

Blog Entries
    He doesn't even have to research anything because in the 19th century whatever tribe Soundman is from wouldn't have a written language. English is the only written language he would know.

e: is Soundman Navajo or Apache?
    Last edited by Spinach; March 4th, 2014 at 04:05 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thinking about it,
    Steel Ball Run spoilers

Lol, I never noticed.

But why could he move the sand? How could he seriously run that fast? It needed a stand!

Anyway, for all intents and purpose, think of it as the equivalent onomatopoei$as in English... well, aside from the fact that uses Japanese hiragana/kanji. What can I say? Sometimes you just get to roll with it.

As for Norisuke... he could have been a Stand user who crosses Gyro's and Jhonny's path as a minor "antagonist" (kind of like Hot Pants during True Man's World - if she wouldn't have reappeared again), or a partecipant with whom they temporarily teamup (like Mountain Tim - if he wouldn't have died). I mean, they temporarily cross their paths (either as a minor nuisance/friction, or as allies through an alliance-on-the-spot), and then they resume their separate ways.