Page 259 of 275 FirstFirst ... 159209249254257258259260261264269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On a completely random tangent but I was re-reading Phantom Blood and I can't help but wonder if in an alternate universe Araki had become a famous sports manga author as between the boxing match and the rugby match, a fair number of pages in Volume 1 are dedicated to Jonathan and Dio engaging in sports.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That rugby game was fire, especially in the anime. Also helps that Denkousekka, probably the best PB track, was played for it.

Also, I feel that Phantom Blood wears its historical and literary setting more conspicuously than any other JoJo part. SBR and BT, while both good, are not exactly of their time, so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Phantom Blood is major "I DONT FUCKING KNOW WHAT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE" vibes
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I don't know if anyone else has heard about this, but supposedly the first 12 episodes are gonna be released all at the same time (because of Netflix most likely). This has led some to speculate that the show is gonna be released in batches of 12 episodes all the way through, which means no more JoJo Friday and no more week-to-week hype building.

Personally I wouldn't be too upset if this turned out to be the case, and some even say it may help with the slow beginning that Part 6 has (I haven't read it so I wouldn't know).

Any thoughts?
    What I read is that the first 12 episodes are all at once but then it's going to be four per month. At that point it would make more sense to just watch them weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Phantom Blood is major "I DONT FUCKING KNOW WHAT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE" vibes
    Maybe, but it was still pretty fun, and probably the most horrifying.

- - - Updated - - -

Phantom Blood is my favorite part, after all.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I read half of the Stone Ocean manga, swearing to myself I would pick it back up and finish it before the anime released.
    I failed.

But I am excited for it. Loved the return of 3D openings.
    Hopefully this hypes me up enough that I don't drop Steel Ball Run halfway through like a dumbass.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    I actually don't like the return of the 3D openings. It was kinda shit when 4 ditched it, but when 5 ditched it as well, I think it would've been better to leave 6 out of it and have the whole second trilogy be 2D. And then IDK, make parts 7 through 9 a 1-pixel line or something.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    So I binged the 12 episodes. While I can say I like it, kinda get now why some would say this is the weakest part. It's still good and it's still JoJo, but it feels...off in some places, due to the pacing I'd say.

P.S. I know some people say it's a stretch that Araki predicted 9/11, but him depicting Marilyn Manson stabbing women cannot be a coincidence. I mean, c'mon.
    Last edited by ResidentSeagull; December 1st, 2021 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    People say Stone Ocean is the weakest Part?

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    People say Stone Ocean is the weakest Part?
    I'd say is the second or third weakest part.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Yeah. Either that or Phantom Blood, although I always got the impression that people talked about SO as the weakest the most. That might change, as a lot of people supposedly hated Golden Wind, but liked it after it was animated.
    Again, I was never a part of the community so to speak, but that's what the consensus from what I've gathered.

Blog Entries
    I suppose since Jojolion has ended and we're on the subject, I'll update my ratings...

Spoiler:

1. Steel Ball Run
    2. Phantom Blood
    3. Battle Tendency
    4. Diamond is Unbreakable
    5. Stone Ocean
    6. Stardust Crusaders
    7. Jojolion
    8. Vento Aureo

Yeah. Either that or Phantom Blood, although I always got the impression that people talked about SO as the weakest the most. That might change, as a lot of people supposedly hated Golden Wind, but liked it after it was animated.
    Again, I was never a part of the community so to speak, but that's what the consensus from what I've gathered.
    First of all, is due the protagonist: Jotaro works a silent stoic protagonist because he is a Kenshiro expy, while Giorno is just an invincible reality void that almost doesn't speak, has no personality and yet inspires everyone, can't do mistakes and in the end is always right.
    The story is also really weak but, on the other side, the whole plot has no levity and all events are also completely story driven. And whole final fight is incredibly bad.
    Golden Wing is probably my least favorite part overall, even if some fights are peak Jojo.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1) Stone Ocean
    2) Diamond is Unbreakable
    3) Steel Ball Run
    4) Battle Tendency
    5) Phantom Blood
    6) Stardust Crusaders
    7) Vento Aureo
    8) Jojolion

My problem with Stone Ocean is that you can really feel the "I'm the writing by the seat of my pants" that Araki has. There is too many stuff that was clearly changed on the fly.

Blog Entries
    Huh, so the first part of Stone Ocean is finally out. I'll finish rewatching Vento Aureo before diving in but I'm definitely feeling the hype right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    I'd say is the second or third weakest part.
    Absolutely not. Vento Aureo and JoJolion are the two weakest.

- - - Updated - - -

My problem with Stone Ocean is that you can really feel the "I'm the writing by the seat of my pants" that Araki has. There is too many stuff that was clearly changed on the fly.
    I don't think it was that bad in SO. If you really want to see "writing by the seat of his pants", try JoJolion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    1) Stone Ocean
    2) Diamond is Unbreakable
    3) Steel Ball Run
    4) Battle Tendency
    5) Phantom Blood
    6) Stardust Crusaders
    7) Vento Aureo
    8) Jojolion
    1)Phantom Blood
    2)Diamond is Unbreakable
    3)Stone Ocean
    4)Battle Tendency
    5) Steel Ball Run
    6)Stardust Crusaders
    7)Vento Aureo
    8)JoJolion

First of all, is due the protagonist: Jotaro works a silent stoic protagonist because he is a Kenshiro expy, while Giorno is just an invincible reality void that almost doesn't speak, has no personality and yet inspires everyone, can't do mistakes and in the end is always right.
    The story is also really weak but, on the other side, the whole plot has no levity and all events are also completely story driven. And whole final fight is incredibly bad.
    Golden Wing is probably my least favorite part overall, even if some fights are peak Jojo.
    See, VA is my favourite part. If I had to say why, I guess it's probably because I feel like it has a good sense of momentum, like you're always moving. I even like Giorno. I agree with your assessment of him, but I just love seeing him do shit. I'd say I agree with your opinion on the part in general as well, but for me personally VA is peak JoJo. This might change in the future, of course, but for now that's just how it is for me.

Conversely, a lot of people say that DiU is their favourite part, but I'd say it just didn't click with me. I recognise it as a good part, but other than maybe Kira there's nothing in it that really resonated with me on a deeper level.

Ultimately I think JoJo is just a franchise that you rate on a gut feeling, not objective merit.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, at least from what I've watched. I was literally thinking that some of Araki's asspulls were pretty egregious here, when that's something that never really annoyed me before. I'll point to some scenes in the F.F. fight as an example that made me roll my eyes,.

My problem with VA is the constant forward momentum you like. Reading it tired me out, and the main cast was less entertaining than that of Stardust Crusaders, which had the same problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    My problem with VA is the constant forward momentum you like. Reading it tired me out, and the main cast was less entertaining than that of Stardust Crusaders, which had the same problem.
    I liked Vento Aureo as a more "focused" Stardust Crusaders. The gang are still constantly moving and facing attacks by enemy Stands but every encounter more clearly advances the plot so it's less of an aimless "Stand of the week" format. That said I would still rate Diamond Is Unbreakable higher as a more SoL focused part with plenty of opportunities to flesh out the characters and explore their goofy sides. Ranking for me (having not seen Stone Ocean yet) would be Diamond Is Unbreakable, Battle Tendency, Vento Aureo, Stardust Crusaders and Phantom Blood in last.