Page 255 of 275 FirstFirst ... 155205245250253254255256257260265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You think so? I'd be more than willing to give it a watch if only for live action adult Yukako.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Ok, maybe for that I'd give it a chance, but only to see that. Otherwise, it's garbage and a shitty idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Spoiler:
    Just read JoJolion 101, and honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about Yasuho deliberately sacrificing Joshuu's arm for her own to draw out Tooru. On one hand, Joshuu was super creepy about his offer for equivalent exchange with Yasuho, and he's pretty effed in the head, but still, cold. Also, I guess it's confirmed that Joubin and Norisuke are dead, and us the Spin responsible for the soap bubbles bypassing Wonder of U?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I just don't know what's going on anymore in Jojolion.

Amen to that...also, I find it difficult to care. Easily my least favorite part.

Blog Entries
    Jojolion
    Huh, looks like Kei Nijimura got Kakyoin'd - in the sense that her name was originally written as "Kyou" in the past but was corrected this chapter to be "Kei".

Anyways, it's kinda cool to see her reappear after so long. Perfect timing too as her Stand is all about "pursuing" when you have an enemy whose Stand prevents humans from being able to pursue. Of course, speaking of Kakyoin this is a major red flag that she might bite the dust in a heroic sacrifice sorta thing to weaken The Wonder Of U so that Josuke can deal the killing blow.

Spoiler:
    Reading this chapter, Tooru gets even creepier, what with popping into Yasuho's life when she was a small child, getting her help to impersonate Akefu Satoru, and then dating her nearly a decade later. If that doesn't sound like grooming, I don't know what does. As Yasuho herself did, he popped by a few times and took something convenient to him. Also, it's interesting how Araki implies Yasuho has had Paisley Park all along. Finally, I know Kei's Stand involves pursuing, but I forgot, what exactly are its abilities?

Blog Entries
    Moar Jojolion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, it's interesting how Araki implies Yasuho has had Paisley Park all along.
    If I didn't know any better, I'd say that smells of a retcon of the whole "mysterious bite marks when you get near the Wall Eyes that awaken your Stand" thing that went on at the beginning of the series.

Finally, I know Kei's Stand involves pursuing, but I forgot, what exactly are its abilities?
    Assuming that Araki doesn't flat out change it's abilities like he did when Sasame reappeared after several volumes, Kei's Stand "Born This Way" is an Automatic Type one whereby after "marking" a target through Kei touching them, BtW will pursue them relentlessly though it can only start attacking once the target has "opened" something - be it a door, a notebook or even a flipphone. It also has a secondary ability giving it power over the "cold" as the temperature constantly drops around it and freezing winds start blowing eventually giving rise to snowy blasts and BtW firing ice shards at the target.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    So, if Tooru is the last Rock Man, I guess Joubin will be this arc's final antagonist? Or will Araki throw us a curveball?

Spoiler:
    I thought Jobin was already dead? In any case, Araki has pulled enough retcons on us...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    *Is* he, though?

Blog Entries
    I swear to god, if that damn airplane door becomes the next ambulance then I will absolutely lose it...

But I'll still love it. The best parts of JoJo for me will always be the callbacks. Also, what exactly did Kei do to successfully attack Wonder of U?

Blog Entries
    Jojolion Spoilers
    Also, what exactly did Kei do to successfully attack Wonder of U?
    Jojolion Spoilers
    I don't know if she has to *do* anything since her Stand automatically pursues people. I guess if the Stand has no will of its own it can act without bringing forth a calamity. But we shall have to see if Kei came out unharmed herself.

Y'all hear that Thus Spake is debuting on Netflix on Feb 18th worldwide?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y'all hear that Thus Spake is debuting on Netflix on Feb 18th worldwide?
    Makes me wonder when part 4 itself is coming out on Netflix worldwide. Be kind of odd if the spinoff ends up released before the original that'd give context to it...

I'm just happy it's coming. Otherwise, I'd struggle to find a way to watch it.

Blog Entries
    I don't have Netflix so nuts.

Oh well, I already have the collection of "Thus Spoke" in manga form so it's no big deal and stuff.

Well, just read the most recent JoJolion chapter, and:

Spoiler:
    I think it makes sense that Spin, an energy/phenomenon that transcends this world or does not exist in it, can ignore the chain of causality that Wonder of U utilizes to defeat its pursuers, and thus, it can directly reach him without interference. That being said, I'm a bit lost as to how that was extrapolated to breaking the Higashikata family curse. Also, what shenanigans is the Joestar birthmark up to at the end?! I need to know. Finally, RIP Kei, your sacrifice was much appreciated after several chapters absent from the plot, and who was narrating the exposition behind the true nature of the Soap Bubbles? Rai? Paisley Park? Paisley Park using Rai's thoughts? I dunno.

Blog Entries
    Huh, I just found out that "Rohan Kishibe Does Not Shout" and "Rohan Kishibe Does Not Frolic" are both a thing...
    I must have them.

Spoiler:
    Finally, RIP Kei, your sacrifice was much appreciated after several chapters absent from the plot.
    ARAKI!!!