Page 260 of 275 FirstFirst ... 160210250255258259260261262265270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally don't like manga and anime that move like that. I want breaks to actually get to know the characters. It's my major gripe with JuJutsu Kaisen. There's no breathing room in that manga, things just get worse and worse with little buildup for the collapse, and interesting side characters get killed off way too fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I like no breaks better. Doesn't feel like there's wasted time or dragged chapters. If the story's well written anyways, you can build your characters perfectly fine with every plot point, and nothing but.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Agree to disagree, then, at least for longer shōnen stuff.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    People are putting Stardust Crusaders so low. Too low. I can understand though, the very first time I watched it, I didn't like Jotaro. Coming off Battle Tendency, it felt like he had zero personality compared to Joseph. But every rewatch has made it stronger, and made me like Jotaro more. He actually has plenty of character, he just doesn't emote it; you have to see it in his actions and expressions.

Phantom Blood is one of my favorites for the young Jonathan and Dio arc, as well as their faceoff later. But it drags in the middle.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    People are putting Stardust Crusaders so low. Too low. I can understand though, the very first time I watched it, I didn't like Jotaro. Coming off Battle Tendency, it felt like he had zero personality compared to Joseph. But every rewatch has made it stronger, and made me like Jotaro more. He actually has plenty of character, he just doesn't emote it; you have to see it in his actions and expressions.

Phantom Blood is one of my favorites for the young Jonathan and Dio arc, as well as their faceoff later. But it drags in the middle.
    I mean, no part is actually bad IMO and if I felt that way I probably would've dropped the series there. Stardust Crusaders still has some of the most hype and iconic moments in the series like Jotaro versus Dio and the D'arby gambling match, it's just the part as a whole kind of drags on compared to the others and has a lot of fights that could've been nixed without losing much.

Basically this. Also, I like Part IV Jotaro better than Part 3 Jotaro. He works better as a mentor character, though the reason he can be a mentor is because he kicked a ton of ass in Part 3.

Also, SC was exhausting due to the constant action and fast pace.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Constant action only bothers me in one of two ways - if it does not advance the plot/character progression, or if it becomes too repetitive. Stardust Crusaders suffered the former whilst Jojolion suffered the later.

You might argue that I ranked Phantom Blood very high in which Jonathan likewise does all the fighting, but the difference is length. Phantom Blood is only 5 volumes long whereas Jojolion drags on for 27 volumes.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Yeah, PB does not drag at all, and honestly, part of me wishes it were a tad longer, and Erina was more involved in the plot. Still, as it is, PB feels like a nice bedtime story/chivalric romance in a sense, and I like that. Also, I feel Phantom Blood has a greater sense of history than the other parts minus SBR.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stardust dosn't get it's low spot for me becasue of it's cast, but more for it's fights. There are some good ones for sure, but for every creative stand battle, there's one that's just the most straightforward thing. There's really good shit there, like the Darby's, Mariah Carey, J Geil, and Anubis, but there's also Wheel of Fortune and Hol Horse (who's great himself but his power is basically just GUN)
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    See, I like the "stand of the week" episodes, even the non-highlight ones, because they give the cast plenty of time to demonstrate their character. There's lots of little moments.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

You're not wrong there. That's honestly what puts SC above Vento Aureo in my book. I like the team a lot more.

Still, the pace of both is not my cup of tea.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Ppl ranking their Parts? My list as a filthy "anime-only":

1. Diamond is Unbreakable
    2. Battle Tendency
    3. Phantom Blood
    4. Stardust Crusaders
    5. Vento Aureo
    ????. Stone Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I actually don't like the return of the 3D openings. It was kinda shit when 4 ditched it, but when 5 ditched it as well, I think it would've been better to leave 6 out of it and have the whole second trilogy be 2D. And then IDK, make parts 7 through 9 a 1-pixel line or something.
    I mean that's coming from the principle that Parts have to be grouped together into trilogies, which while tempting doesn't really line up.
    You could argue that Stardust Crusaders is the end of a trilogy, but at the same time it is the start of an entirely new paradigm for JoJo. It "finishes off" the Dio storyline sure, but I never felt it linked that much with Part 1 other than Dio himself and certainly not with Part 2 despite Joseph's presence there.
    And from there each Part is kinda doing its own thing. Stone Ocean does link back to Dio and whatnot, but that's something from the first "trilogy". So in a sense it having the 3D opening treatment can even be seen as a reference to that.
    burn your dread you coward

See, I like the "stand of the week" episodes, even the non-highlight ones, because they give the cast plenty of time to demonstrate their character. There's lots of little moments.
    Just like the more unified parts like Vento Aureo work better in anime format, I find episodic parts like Stardust Crusaders work better in manga form.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I mean that's coming from the principle that Parts have to be grouped together into trilogies, which while tempting doesn't really line up.
    You could argue that Stardust Crusaders is the end of a trilogy, but at the same time it is the start of an entirely new paradigm for JoJo. It "finishes off" the Dio storyline sure, but I never felt it linked that much with Part 1 other than Dio himself and certainly not with Part 2 despite Joseph's presence there.
    And from there each Part is kinda doing its own thing. Stone Ocean does link back to Dio and whatnot, but that's something from the first "trilogy". So in a sense it having the 3D opening treatment can even be seen as a reference to that.
    Nah, it totally lines up. There's the Dio storyline, the stand arrow storyline, and the alternate universe storyline. There's the scope explosion and implosion, specifically: Small encounter between emotionally connected folks > bigger encounter between very powerful folks > world ending threats. You could try to claim Vento Aureo is in the latter, but you have to compare it to Stone Ocean's ending. It's not like it's a complete canon thing, to be fair, but it is definetly a pattern that lines up and I'd like them to line it up right.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Ppl ranking their Parts? My list as a filthy "anime-only":

1. Diamond is Unbreakable
    2. Battle Tendency
    3. Phantom Blood
    4. Stardust Crusaders
    5. Vento Aureo
    ????. Stone Ocean

Nah, Parts 1-3 loosely count as a sort of Stone Mask trilogy, Parts 4-6 are the Stand Arrow trilogy, and we gotta see how JoJolands shakes out before we judge Parts 7-9.

Just watched Harmon Bear's video today on the differences between the Stone Ocean anime and manga, and by the gods, I didn't realize so many minor world building and small scenery-defining elements of early Stone Ocean were cut. I think the worst were cutting out Jolyne's biker gang past and the physical exam + haircut. As for the altered Marilyn Manson fight, I think it showcases Jolyne's cleverness better and is slightly more consistent, but honestly, I dunno.

As for the anime itself, I love it's art style, since early Stone Ocean was rough, to say the least, and it's generally quite well-directed with a real passion behind it. Still, I was surprised that the music room was introduced so late in both the manga and anime, and if I am to finish writing my supercrossover fic featuring this part, I'm introducing it way earlier.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Harmon Bear would be Hamon Beat on autocorrect?

Fuck autocorrect, and yes, it is. Curse my thumbs.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Started on the first ep of Stone Ocean this morning. Jolyne is a likeable heroine and her situation of being pressured by her scummy boyfriend and accepting a plea bargain on trumped-up charges is interestingly mundane for the JoJo universe. I'm sure it'll get more tangled later on but for now this feels like the kind of story that happens all the time in real life. And I'd read that this part opens with Jolyne complaining a guard catches her masturbating but didn't expect a whole several-minute long conversation dedicated to that subject. Definitely a little awkward but it establishes that part 6's heroines aren't exaggeratedly pure-shoujo like in a lot of anime I guess.

Damn, did Jolyne straight-up kill that crooked not-an-elf lawyer at the end? That was pretty stone-cold, even though the guy was scum and did enough to earn Jolyne's hatred (he'd willfully sent a mostly innocent woman to jail for money and had likely done the same thing to many others in the past) I still didn't expect her to go from falsely accused of murder to ambiguous actual murderer right in the first episode. Coming after Vento Aureo Araki is definitely leaning into more morally grey heroes in his stories.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Coming after Vento Aureo Araki is definitely leaning into more morally grey heroes.
    Come Steel Ball Run it definitely won't be "leaning into" anymore what with the whole "Jet Black Determination" mechanic of the protagonists and whatnot.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)