Page 254 of 275 FirstFirst ... 154204244249252253254255256259264 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    New trailer for the other Rohan OVA - "At a Confessional".

Probably my second least favourite of the Rohan stories, but it looks good at least.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Been rewatching the anime on Netflix and just finished part 2 today. I also recently read a quote from Tolkien that really reminded me of Kars' final fate and why I think it worked so well thematically despite how seemingly asspull-y it is.

Frodo deserved all honour because he spent every drop of his power of will and body, and that was just sufficient to bring him to the destined point, and no further. Few others, possibly no others of his time, would have got so far. The Other Power then took over: the Writer of the Story (by which I do not mean myself), 'that one ever-present Person who is never absent and never named'
    The show makes the point over and over that humans can't destroy the Ultimate Lifeform, so it's fitting that after Joseph fights to the last fate itself provides the final "nudge" to defeat Kars. It's also occurred to me that both climaxes involved a volcano and the protagonist being put in a hopeless situation where they're saved by a seeming unlikely coincidence (in LOTR's case, Gollum tackling Frodo and falling into the caldera with the ring).

Not saying Araki was inspired or anything, but it's a fun coincidence.

Blog Entries
    Gotten up to part 3 in my JoJo rewatch. Thinking about it, it's a little disturbing how Jotaro and the gang never check for Flesh Buds after Polnareff, even though they know that Dio can use them to convert innocent people to his cause. Heck, even for Polnareff Avdol was willing to burn him alive and only relented because he was impressed by Polnareff's honor, not out of concern he might be brainwashed. Just seems rather morally blase.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    At least for Steely Dan, nobody likely would have cared anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    At least for Steely Dan, nobody likely would have cared anyway.
    Fair enough. Also now that I think about it, there's probably a reason why the first opponent they face after Polnareff (fake Captain Tennille) had his hair swept back to expose his forehead, very clearly showing he had no fleshbud. After that most of the assassins explicitly admit to being paid off, or aren't the kind you could negotiate with anyway (like Strength). So it really wasn't as much of a headscratcher as I thought.

That being said, a lot of DIO's paid followers also had flesh buds implanted, like Okuyasu's dad.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    ^ Now that you mention it, that does bring up some questions as to if anything untoward happened to the other survivors of Dio's faction - like Hol Horse and the Oingo Boingo brothers... :O
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Maybe. I mean, a few of DIO's surviving followers like Johngalli A. we're just fine, so...

Blog Entries
    That being said, a lot of DIO's paid followers also had flesh buds implanted, like Okuyasu's dad.
    Though there's presumably a distinction between people who had fleshbuds implanted just as a safeguard against betrayal, and those who were outright brainwashed by them. The people paid off would count in the former category. Even if they met a bad end from the buds later on, they wouldn't count as innocent victims like Kakyoin or Polnareff.

I dunno. Mr. Nijimura was pretty sympathetic to me, even if he made poor choices. Who knows how many others there were like him around the world?

Also, a flesh bud is a flesh bud, and all of them would likely go berserk after DIO's death.

Blog Entries
    I dunno. Mr. Nijimura was pretty sympathetic to me, even if he made poor choices. Who knows how many others there were like him around the world?

Also, a flesh bud is a flesh bud, and all of them would likely go berserk after DIO's death.
    No, I just mean that the Crusaders aren't at fault for not checking for fleshbuds in assassins who voluntarily took money to kill them. If there's a bunch of sympathetic guys out there who never encountered the Joestars and died because of fleshbuds that's just a tragic accident, not something our heroes could've reasonably prevented.

And most of the bought-off assassins we see in part 3 are pretty much unrepentantly evil, so no one would be shedding a tear if they died later on.

Blog Entries
    Seeing the spoilers for the latest Jojolion chapter has me like...

Araki. What the hell were you smoking whilst under lockdown that you'd create this chapter?

Whatever it is...I'll take ten.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Is there some connection between Jojo/Steel Ball Run/Gyro and the song Natsukage from Keys AIR?

I see jojo fans sperging out about SBR and Gyro in multiple youtube videos of Natsukage. It cant be coincidence that i see all these arigato gyro posters on multiple different Natsukage vids.

Blog Entries
    Sometime, somebody somewhere once made an AMV of Gyro's most famous scene in SBR by combining manga images, vocal clips from video games and of course the Natsukage song.

It went pretty well and of course Jojo fans being...er well fanatics spread across to other youtube videos involving Natsukage.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I see. Thought it might be something in that vein. I've seen a lone Jojo fan sperg out about Jojo on unrelated anime music youtube vids before but never this organized.

Lol, I guess this must be what it feels like when a boomer tries to check out his favorite rock song from his youth but the comments are all jojo spam.

The old boomers are generally pretty cordial to the JoJo fans who mob those music videos.

Blog Entries
    On a different note, I would like to muse some things about a massive revelation from the latest chapter of Jojolion as I gotta feeling so complicated as the meme goes...

Spoilers obviously
    So we already kinda suspected this ever since the Urban Guerrilla fight revealed that Josuke's "bubbles" are actually a single line oscillating giving the illusion of a spherical bubble. But this chapter Mamezuku flat out says the true power of Soft & Wet is in fact the "Spin" - yes with a capital S and everything.

Now...I'm really not sure how to feel about this really. On the one hand it's nice to have a link back to SBR after early Jojolion seemed to be setting it up with Johnny's corpse but then dropped it like a lead balloon. Yet I kinda feel it's a bit too late to be pulling out the Spin without it coming across like an Eleventh Hour Superpower.

Not tot mention, it kinda feels like it undervalues S&W's power being a fusion of Kujo and Kira's own Stands. I actually got really hyped during the Urban Guerrilla fight when Josuke finally used his bubbles to cause explosions just like Kira did as he was slowly unlocking his true potential. But the Spin kinda throws all that out the window.

I dunno. Maybe I'm overthinking it, I'll have to see how it all plays out eventually.

What say you, anyone who's actually read Jojolion chapter 100?

Spoiler:
    I'm very pro-Spin, and I was disappointed that it was seemingly forgotten in the transition. Besides, it's cool that the Spin is shaping up to be a counter to Tooru's "calamity energy".

Blog Entries
    Wut?

Apparently they're going to make a 3 Episode Live Action adaptation of the "Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe" anthology series, airing at the end of the year on the NHK.

Episode 1 is "Millionaires' Village", Episode 2 is "Kushagara", Episode 3 is "D.N.A"

Boo. Live action cannot capture the JoJo spirit.