Page 272 of 275 FirstFirst ... 172222262267270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Nice to see, and honestly, cannot wait for the major endgame spoilers to be animated. I hope they actually got the rights to It's a Wonderful World, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I think the anime itself will be fine.
    It's the subtitles I'm most concerned with... Bohemian Rhapsody is not gonna be a fun stand to sub for...
    burn your dread you coward

Definitely not. That being said, I hope there are no issues with the Jump copyrighted stuff. In addition, I have a pie in the sky hope that Queen might be cool enough to let both Bohemian Rhapsody and Made in Heaven slide.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would laugh so hard if Queen said yes but 20th Century Fox said no.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

And there you just made that pie land on my face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I hope they actually got the rights to It's a Wonderful World, at least.
    I don't care so much about that, but since Part 6 is the conclusion of the original continuity, I personally think it would be more impactful to have Season play over the final credits to mirror the ending to Part 1 which feels like a lifetime ago since it aired.

I see your point, but Season felt very Battle Tendency-specific, and considering the chapter title and what happens during said chapter, I think What a Wonderful World would work better.

That being said, Season is perhaps my favorite JJBA image/credits song.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stone Ocean ep 25: Welp it's here y'all! For the last batch it fits we've finally gotten a new OP, and it's definitely more somber and dramatic than the bouncy first one. Weather and Anasui have escaped prison on their own to find Jolyne/hunt down Pucci and been confronted by a Stand that... brings fictional characters to life? Honestly this has to be one of the wildest abilities we've gotten in the series. Feel like there has to be some kind of limit to it or else how OP would it be if characters like Godzilla or even Cthulhu came into reality. Also I wonder what it says about that otherwise friendly truck-driver's personality that he apparently synchronized with the Big Bad Wolf character...

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I'm mixed on the new OP. I like the slower tempo, given what's coming, but it spends far too much time showing us past events than hinting at things to come. Feels like a wasted effort, cuz it looks amazing.
    Up to episode 29 so far and I feel they've translated everything 1-to-1 so far. Bohemian Rhapsody is still just as weird as it was in the manga and the Sky High fight also feels just as chaotic.
    I did like how they handled the resolution to the Underworld fight, it felt much more cathartic than in the manga now that we have the soundtrack to lean on, and Jolyne's theme came blasting in.

Blog Entries
    Stone Ocean 26: Pretty cool resolution to the Bohemian Rhapsody arc but I'm not sure about one thing. When Anasui's soul got detached what was his body doing still running around and ransacking a chocolate shop afterwards? You'd expect it to be just inanimate like other times where characters' souls were stolen/separated. Also Jolyne tearing the sticker on Romeo's tongue (injuring or possibly even tearing it in half, crippling him) was pretty harsh given he was genuinely sorry for what he did to her and even refused to sell her out to the police. Along with crashing her crooked lawyer's car in episode 1 (sure he was a bad guy and deserved it, but that was still arguably murder against someone who no longer posed any threat to her) I'd say that's one of Jolyne's most morally ambiguous moments.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Crossing my piggies that SBR does happen and that it's not trapped in Netflix Jail like this unfortunate project was.

The loss of Jojo Fridays was a devastating blow.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Crossing my piggies that SBR does happen and that it's not trapped in Netflix Jail like this unfortunate project was.

The loss of Jojo Fridays was a devastating blow.
    All I've heard of part 7 is DP saying it may take longer because horses are hard to animate traditionally. I feel it probably will happen given how popular the series is (especially with the overseas boost given by the anime) but there may be more of a delay.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I don't mind however long it takes to get to it, I simply did not approve of the Netflix staggered release format.

Now, if that was done, in part, to alleviate some of the burden on davidpro whilst they did other projects, then I'll acknowledge that it was done with a intended-to-be positive reason, given how overworked and spread-thin the production side of the anime industry can be. Sans such assurance, I can only bemoan the passing of the tradition.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Started watching and just finished the BR arc, too.

While I think the visuals for the OP are some of the best in the series (I especially love the reference to Jolyne mimicking Johnathan running in Sono Chi no Sadame), I'm not really feeling the song. I get what they're going for, but Heaven's Falling Down feels...oddly generic for a JoJo opening. Like it's missing something. Songs like Traitor's Requiem still felt epic and climactic despite going for the same general feel as this. I don't know, it might grow on me.

I really liked Bohemian Rhapsody. Despite the inherent goofiness of the power it is some of the best horror in the show (at least for Anasui and the goat situation). I loved how much they got away with referencing as well. I guess copyright law is a bit more lenient if you only namedrop characters and don't actually show them (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, what's with a good number of minor characters getting elf ears?

Only one minor nitpick: I didn't completely get the ending. BM's user collapsed from shock from finding out that his power got destroyed, that much I got, but I didn't understand the scene with the girl. I guess that he was scared that the girl would activate BM and get him killed by reading Aladdin, but the editing of it just kind of confused me.

Agree with Royd about the Romeo scene, but moreso about why exactly Jolyne did it. If Araki wanted to go with 'He didn't want to fuck me over, but he still did it, so fuck him', I'd get it, but I don't really understand what Jolyne meant with 'For good measure'. I guess as a precaution if he'd change his mind later? Also damn Romeo's stacked. He got 2 Lambos and a helicopter.

P.S. C G I S P E R M. It's like watching the beginning of Look who's talking all over again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Started watching and just finished the BR arc, too.

While I think the visuals for the OP are some of the best in the series (I especially love the reference to Jolyne mimicking Johnathan running in Sono Chi no Sadame), I'm not really feeling the song. I get what they're going for, but Heaven's Falling Down feels...oddly generic for a JoJo opening. Like it's missing something. Songs like Traitor's Requiem still felt epic and climactic despite going for the same general feel as this. I don't know, it might grow on me.

I really liked Bohemian Rhapsody. Despite the inherent goofiness of the power it is some of the best horror in the show (at least for Anasui and the goat situation). I loved how much they got away with referencing as well. I guess copyright law is a bit more lenient if you only namedrop characters and don't actually show them (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, what's with a good number of minor characters getting elf ears?

Only one minor nitpick: I didn't completely get the ending. BM's user collapsed from shock from finding out that his power got destroyed, that much I got, but I didn't understand the scene with the girl. I guess that he was scared that the girl would activate BM and get him killed by reading Aladdin, but the editing of it just kind of confused me.

Agree with Royd about the Romeo scene, but moreso about why exactly Jolyne did it. If Araki wanted to go with 'He didn't want to fuck me over, but he still did it, so fuck him', I'd get it, but I don't really understand what Jolyne meant with 'For good measure'. I guess as a precaution if he'd change his mind later? Also damn Romeo's stacked. He got 2 Lambos and a helicopter.

P.S. C G I S P E R M. It's like watching the beginning of Look who's talking all over again.
    For the little girl, it was only that seeing Aladdin back in her book made Ungalo realize his Stand had been deactivated. She didn't actually pose any threat to him, at least not as I understand. A bunch of fans have joked about the prominence of elf-ears in this part, my dad and I have even made a recurring joke out of pointing them out when watching. Far as I know there's no authorial explanation for it, so it's likely just a somewhat strange attempt at making background characters more distinctive. On Romeo, in addition to what you said to be fair I'm not sure if it was ever shown Kiss can be called off once a sticker is placed except by tearing it off and remerging them. So it's possible he was screwed over the moment Jolyne doubted him enough to plant a sticker there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Also, what's with a good number of minor characters getting elf ears?
    It's Florida Man innit?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's Florida Man innit?
    Yeah, I mean to be fair, if there were a bunch of people with elf-ears living anywhere, it'd definitely be Florida.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For the little girl, it was only that seeing Aladdin back in her book made Ungalo realize his Stand had been deactivated. She didn't actually pose any threat to him, at least not as I understand. A bunch of fans have joked about the prominence of elf-ears in this part, my dad and I have even made a recurring joke out of pointing them out when watching. Far as I know there's no authorial explanation for it, so it's likely just a somewhat strange attempt at making background characters more distinctive. On Romeo, in addition to what you said to be fair I'm not sure if it was ever shown Kiss can be called off once a sticker is placed except by tearing it off and remerging them. So it's possible he was screwed over the moment Jolyne doubted him enough to plant a sticker there.
    Aaaaahhh yeah I get it now. I thought that something about the editing was a bit wonky. Them showing it before the scene of 'PUTBACKMAN' was what fucked me up.
    Fair point about the Romeo scene. Hadn't thought of that.

Also, just got to Sky High. I can't believe that Fujimoto having Denji light himself on fire was a blatant rip-off of this fight. CSM confirmed shit manga 0/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's Florida Man innit?
    You wanna make Florida jokes, make them about it randomly being one of the few habitats of heat-sucking cryptids.

The shot of Emporio and his bloody pee is much funnier than it should be, btw.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Watched the whole thing.

They nailed the ending. Rly made it feel like this is the end. Which it is, in a way.
    They presented Made in Heaven really well, rly captured the feeling of just how stupidly ridiculous it is and conveyed its ludicrous scale very effectively. The visuals really helped here, with the accelerated backgrounds and the music getting to the godly choirs, it worked really well.
    The final episode was a treat, the special OP and the return of FUCKING ROUNDABOUT were some really nice surprises and bookended Part 6, making it feel final in a lot of ways. I know SBR will come... eventually... but this was really nice.

As for the rest, I feel they improved the pacing in the Bohemian Rhapsody and Heavy Weather sections. They felt like they just wouldn't end in the manga while here they're finished in 2-3 episodes, rly made them feel briefer and less dragging.

All in all, quite happy with the adaptation. The actual content I do have a couple gripes with, but as far as translating it from the page goes, they did that well and added some nostalgia fluff that added to the emotion in the finale.

Blog Entries
    Stone Ocean 27: Well the JoJo vehicle curse strikes again. I think that helicopter lasted only a few minutes before inevitably and explosively crashing. Rykiel was a strangely endearing villain with his mix of dorkiness and determination. Classic Araki, having monologues on cryptids, Apollo 11 and the effects of cold on different parts of the body in the middle of a fight. With two Sons of Dio down and only three episodes in I guess there's still going to be a lot of twists and turns before the endgame.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 14th, 2022 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Corrected episode number