Page 274 of 275 FirstFirst ... 174224264269272273274275 LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Apparently the anime staff decided to include F.F in the new universe? Whereas she was absent in the heroes' gathering in the original manga.

I don't know if I like that or not.
    It just showed her as a face in the sky with the others, doesn't necessarily mean she was reborn in the new universe. That would be hard to believe with no Pucci to imbue her with life through a Disc. Worth noting that Jolyne still has her braid in that shot and Anasui his old outfit, so those clearly aren't the new universe versions of them. Personally I see it as more encapsulating the progress of Stone Ocean as a whole, beginning with Jolyne at the far right, then Jotaro as initially the closest person to her, Ermes as the first comrade she meets in prison, F.F, Anasui and then Weather based on their importance to the plot in roughly sequential order. Excluding F.F would just feel weird especially since the anime added other minor scenes to make it seem less like the heroes basically forgot about her after her sacrifice.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The man doesn't stop getting younger.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Gotta say... I've rly taken a liking to the special version of Heaven's Falling Down.
    Can't wait for the home release so I can get the creditless version, and make a sig out of it.
    burn your dread you coward

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Part 9 'The JOJOLands' Teases Picture, Story"

Hopefully it's a lot better than Jojolion was.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    ANYWHERE
    AT ANY TIME
    SO LONG AS HATRED EXISTS,

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Stone Ocean 38:
    See, every part of JoJo (except the last one lmoa) has this theme of its own going on. Good against evil, perfectionism against ingenuity, bonds against individualism, destruction against preservation, cause against effect, and in SBR, cheating against effort.

Stone Ocean is really about idealistic properness contrasted with the authenticity of human condition. You've got Pucci following this absurd divine sequence because his whole thing is that he is always morally correct, but only based on extracontextual factors. He's the good guy following the golden road, Jolyne is the one meddling with it out of what is basically a grudge. But since Pucci is the hero of the story, the ending is inevitable.

However, freedom of mistakes is not the freedom of consequences. Kind of like a person who takes religion way too literally might end up thinking that they are allowed a specific amount of sin so long as they get to the heaven in the end, Pucci thought that all his dirty deeds were justified by the greater good. Only for Emporio to show up, and very literally pile all his sins upon his head at once. It's a very poetic ending.
    Last edited by Ratman; February 15th, 2023 at 06:59 PM.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    So I read the Ch. 1 of The JoJolands.

That sure was...a first chapter, alright.

Spoiler:

Covid, Dua Lipa, femboys, racist American cops abusing their power - oh boy Araki sure did wanna hammer in that we're in the 2020s lol.
    Are Jodio and Dragona actual names? If not I guess Araki finally ran out of 'Jo' names, or he was just feeling a little more creative with his naming conventions.

In all seriousness though this is a pretty intriguing setup for a new part. A drug peddler protag and a motley gang of weirdos going on a grand adventure of getting filthy rich? Hell yeah.
    Finally, we have a JoJo who is an actual fucking criminal and is doing it for his own (and his family's, to be fair) personal gain. Jodio so far seems pretty...gremliny, I guess. Pretty different to every other JoJo. I'm digging it. His whole obsession with mechanisms is something right out of Araki's mind space.
    'November Rain' also seems like an interesting ability, especially for a main JoJo. Powerful, but with restrictions with regards to its area of effect, and is not a punchy-punch type. Only other similar Stand is Tusk, but we'll see if this one evolves.

I'll give it to Araki, he's still got his story hooks.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ I mean, given all the other Giorno parallels, I feel pretty confident in saying "Jodio" is just Jojo + Dio and Araki called it a day lol.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is it November Rain or The Hustle? I've seen people saying it's both today.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The last page of Chapter 1 names all the Stands. November Rain is Jodio's, The Hustle is the muscle guy's, and Smooth Operators is Dragona's.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Jodio definitely has the makings of a Jojo villain. Doesn't help that his mechanisms are exactly the same thing as Diavolo's fate, Pucci's gravity, Valentine's good fortune, and Tooru's flow of calamity.

We all thought that Jodio was going to be Giorno but actually this entire Part is about turning Jodio into Jodiavolo

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So we might have an honest to god trans girl as the MC's sibling in this part? Well, Jodio calls them "brother" but taking injections for your chest seems considerably beyond even the rather feminine/androgynous standard of characters for this franchise. Would be wild to imagine Araki actually tackling those kinds of issues, though it'd probably spark unpleasant debates from certain parts of the fanbase.

Honestly with this being Araki, chest injections and being interested in feminine fashion is one of the less weird sets of hobbies that characters have exhibited in the franchise. So honestly it might go either way.
    A you've said, Jodio refers to them as a male, and with them seeming pretty close I don't really think he would misgender them, so I got the impression that Dragona still identifies as a male, was born a male, but just likes feminine fashion and wants to appear feminine. Just my guess, though.
    IDK it's still chapter one so I'm sure we'll get further explanation on it.
    Last edited by ResidentSeagull; February 17th, 2023 at 01:53 AM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Ladyboy is a hawaiian archetype. This is just an Astolfo with tits.

But more to the point, Araki put it there because he thought it'd be funny, not to virute signal. He does not elaborate on how King Crimson works, there's no way he'd ever elaborate on something as ethereal and ultimately irrelevant as a character's thoughts on gender identity. This character will explode the brains of anyone trying to fit it into a preconceived notion of cultural understanding. I mean, have you ever read JoJo?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I did not know that.
    Pretty interesting.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I'm not sure if Dragona is intended to be third gender, though - third genders (and trans people in general) don't present as they do for cosmetic reasons, which is what Jodio's narration states.

In the absence of Dragona voicing their personal feelings on the matter, we'll have to go by what is explicitly stated in the text, which is that Jodio explains that basically, Dragona identifies as male but likes presenting as feminine for whatever reason, I guess because he likes it.
    So I'll be going by 'he' unless it turns out Jodio was wrong and just didn't respect Dragona or something which feels unlikely given that he seems to care a decent amount.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Oh, you misunderstand, I'm not talking about Dragona's gender or choice of pronouns. I'm saying that if Dragona is intended to be read as third gender, it doesn't seem like a respectful portrayal, to put it mildly - and if he's not intended to be read as third gender, I'm dearly hoping Araki didn't just create a "transtrender" (a fantasy which only exists in the minds of bigots) character.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's Araki. He was probably researching Hawaii, found something interesting and just tossed it in. Like in 80% of Stardust Crusaders.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.