Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26313435363738 LastLast

Thread: Conception/Zero (Fate/Zero x Shin Megami Tensei Crossover)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    ... So i shat a brick, i havent read this in a while but the Wise men are involved? fuck, Toshaka is now the Law puppet much like Kariya is the Chaos puppet.

Shit is going to hit the fan on ch 6.

I also find odd that when Tokiomi was questioned about Sakura he went off to rant about Kariya.
    Kariya and Tokiomi only pawns in game of life.

No, sorry. Just doesn't work if it's not Mongo saying it.

And those two prove my rule. The best puppets are the ones you get to want the same thing you want without any need for overt pressure on your part.

I'm glad to see that this one is still updating. I'm interested to see when things will really get out hand between the Messians and the Gaeans; this last chapter mainly seemed to set up coming events.
    Not Magus! Magic Emperor Magus!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Kariya and Tokiomi only pawns in game of life.

No, sorry. Just doesn't work if it's not Mongo saying it.

And those two prove my rule. The best puppets are the ones you get to want the same thing you want without any need for overt pressure on your part.
    Exactly, there is a saying, Bread and circus, feed and entertain and you have tamed the people.

The only people whom i see winning, and for a lose definition of winning are Archibald, Waver and Kiritsugu, and i said loose because any of them could fall into Law or Chaos despite being neutral, if you or the author have played Strange Journey you will understand how annoying is to be on the neutral path.

Exactly, there is a saying, Bread and circus, feed and entertain and you have tamed the people.

The only people whom i see winning, and for a lose definition of winning are Archibald, Waver and Kiritsugu, and i said loose because any of them could fall into Law or Chaos despite being neutral, if you or the author have played Strange Journey you will understand how annoying is to be on the neutral path.

Well, if you do want the same thing as the Wise Men or Lucifer, then I suppose it basically could be called "winning". Though it might also be called "had no idea what the poor fool was getting into". Anyway the saying references making people complacent and indolent, not energetically fanatical.

And I'm trying to forget Strange Journey. SMT I, Persona and Soul Hackers were all released in the 1990s (and I'd say that Soul Hackers was in general more interesting that Strange Journey). Strange Journey was released in 2009.

And let's see. Kiritsugu has Seibaa, Waver has Iskander and Archibald has Odin. If Saber is capable of going a round with a Fiend and winning, she might be able to match actual gods, angels and a non-fully powered Demifiend. No idea where Iskander fits yet.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If Saber is capable of going a round with a Fiend and winning, she might be able to match actual gods, angels and a non-fully powered Demifiend. No idea where Iskander fits yet.
    Oh boy SMT powerlevels are all over the place but if you can fight and win against a fiend, even a weak, you are probably top tier. Considering the fiends that held candelabra were top tier of top tier, that puts Saber in the relative position of "really annoying boss: requires luck, skill and knowing weaknesses and strengths."
    Last edited by Laith; May 31st, 2014 at 01:53 AM.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    And I'm trying to forget Strange Journey. SMT I, Persona and Soul Hackers were all released in the 1990s (and I'd say that Soul Hackers was in general more interesting that Strange Journey). Strange Journey was released in 2009.
    What's so bad about Strange Journey?

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Oh boy SMT powerlevels are all over the place but if you can fight and win against a fiend, even a weak, you are probably top tier. Considering the fiends that held candelabra were top tier of top tier, that puts Saber in the relative position of "really annoying boss: requires luck, skill and knowing weaknesses and strengths."
    Nocturne Matador was the first of the Fiend bosses you fought, and his main difficulty was the sheer amount of damage he could cause relative to your ability to heal it plus the buff/debuff thing. If you had faced him further on in the game he'd be just a tricky boss. In general Alice is a much higher level demon that will give you serious trouble (and her Devil Survivor 2 self...)
    However here I'm going to guess that here Alice is either her SMT II self who was a lower level boss, or that Fiend levels in general have been brought down a bit for balance.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    I say Saber is Mot-tier. High MR, capable of blasting things to hell, and has a move that can screw anyone over it used frequently enough.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nocturne Matador was the first of the Fiend bosses you fought, and his main difficulty was the sheer amount of damage he could cause relative to your ability to heal it plus the buff/debuff thing. If you had faced him further on in the game he'd be just a tricky boss. In general Alice is a much higher level demon that will give you serious trouble (and her Devil Survivor 2 self...)
    However here I'm going to guess that here Alice is either her SMT II self who was a lower level boss, or that Fiend levels in general have been brought down a bit for balance.
    As exemplified for SMT power levels, Alice can go from "lower boss" to "Last super special please die already bonus boss". Also Matador is still pretty though since his two exclusive abilities ARE that annoying. Doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't hit, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    I say Saber is Mot-tier. High MR, capable of blasting things to hell, and has a move that can screw anyone over it used frequently enough.
    Excalibur is probably up there with Gaea Rage or Freikugel (Since Light based is not Almighty, yes). Also Magic Resistance in SMT is basically THE "I win" button as seen with the Masakados Magatama

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Not quite the place for it but I'm not going to start an argument on the SMT game forum, so here's a very brief summary of my opinion from TFF:

Didn't use the idea of exploration and the unknown well, giving gameplay that got irritating fast (especially always having to get some more forma).
    Tons of padding, especially from floors that you can only go one way on, doors to before, one way doors etc.
    Always seeming to need yet another app to detect a door (I draw a limit on two at most).
    Felt like my character boiled down to being the guy with healing items in boss battles.

Wasn't all bad, the bosses were mostly fun. I just wish the bosses had been transplanted to a better game.

ON TOPIC:

Thought occurs to me, Kariya is basically his own Berserker isn't he?
    Last edited by Grant; May 31st, 2014 at 03:17 AM.

Not quite the place for it but I'm not going to start an argument on the SMT game forum, so here's a very brief summary of my opinion from TFF:

Didn't use the idea of exploration and the unknown well, giving gameplay that got irritating fast (especially always having to get some more forma).
    Tons of padding, especially from floors that you can only go one way on, doors to before, one way doors etc.
    Always seeming to need yet another app to detect a door (I draw a limit on two at most).
    Felt like my character boiled down to being the guy with healing items in boss battles.

Wasn't all bad, the bosses were mostly fun. I just wish the bosses had been transplanted to a better game.

ON TOPIC:

Thought occurs to me, Kariya is basically his own Berserker isn't he?
    Dunno, in my case my character was able to tank lots of damage and dish it as well. My healer was an overpowered Angel with Jihad, Salvation and Victory Cry.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Strange Journey gets way easier when you start coding up your own demons.

Code:
    0oui2Y5aYvw#BYxE
    fr$mBJLkAoiw7%wS
    Last edited by shiningphoenix; May 31st, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    I just finished this all in one sitting I love it this is awesome and boss Fuck yes this was awesome, just wondering Fate/Stay Night Sequel yes or no

Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks View Post
    I just finished this all in one sitting I love it this is awesome and boss Fuck yes this was awesome, just wondering Fate/Stay Night Sequel yes or no
    Not sure what you mean. If you mean is there a sequel to the game Fate/Stay Night, there's sort of one in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. That has a translation effort going on (discussion page on this site featuring some of the people working on it) and technically has been fully translated, but not quite. You see, while all the lines have a theoretical translation, a lot of it has not been validated and some people keep putting in crappy machine translations. So at the moment it's probably closer to 70-75% done.

Blog Entries
    Uh, Grant, I think he meant a Fate/stay Night sequel of this story.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    There is a sector that you need to visit, the one where you need to find amateratsu as a side quest, the problem is that said sector is brutal, no two ways around it, it's filled with status panels, holes that take you down a floor and more.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    There is a sector that you need to visit, the one where you need to find amateratsu as a side quest, the problem is that said sector is brutal, no two ways around it, it's filled with status panels, holes that take you down a floor and more.
    It wasn't that bad. (Sector "E", BTW)

I got more annoyed with Sector "B" and the plot-mandated capture sequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I already played this game, you don't need to tell me about this. I was just asking what Grant had issues with. I had absolutely no issues with the game. Eridanus, while annoying, isn't completely frustrating. I was more annoyed with having to chase the Hare of Inaba across Fornax with all those holes with a time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Uh, Grant, I think he meant a Fate/stay Night sequel of this story.
    If so, bit early. This war's barely started. Let's let Shinogu write it first.

Blog Entries
    I realize that... I just wanted to help clarify what was meant.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?