Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24293233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Conception/Zero (Fate/Zero x Shin Megami Tensei Crossover)

...Oh dear.

Personally, I'd be seeing Mastema being more of the guy who'd use Rin's trauma against Alice to turn her into a Zealot in case they have to try again. So if Shirou ends up dealing with the Aftermath as a 'Neutral Hero'... His romantic options are gonna suck (what, with Rin = LAW and Sakura = CHAOS.)

And at that point, if Rin ever encountered Sakura in this timeline's version of F/SN (if it even happens...) Blood and tears. And Shirou being unable to save both of them. (The main SMT timeline doesn't have perfect endings at all.)

In fact, if Canon even happens, then Shirou might end up being a Sword Tsukumogami, or end up targeted by 'interests' for either their own ends, or pre-emptively killed.

But then again, I'm betting that Waver and/or Kiritsugu is leaning towards Neutral aside. Eh, we have so far;

-TWO Chaos leaning/aligned Masters (Uryuu & Kariya)
    -TWO Law leaning/aligned Masters (Tokiomi & Kirei)
    -THREE Neutral Masters
    --one ze Magus Killer whose ideal is No More Death/Murder,
    --one an amoral Magi whose gonna get killed, and lastly...
    --Waver, the innocent kid who is getting the most vibes as a Neutral Hero... But is he gonna live through this?

Heh, I can only imagine if Waver survives this War, the chances of him getting an apprenticeship or study in MIT instead with STEVEN or Akemi Nakajima. (As a sort of Techno Magus Hacker, since he's now an bonafide Heretic Magus thanks to Kayneth. Shame that Clocktower lost such a talent instead...)
    Last edited by Master Basher; August 16th, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
    Current Projects (on Beast's Lair): None that I can manage right now...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
    Personally, I'd be seeing Mastema being more of the guy who'd use Rin's trauma against Alice to turn her into a Zealot in case they have to try again. So if Shirou ends up dealing with the Aftermath as a 'Neutral Hero'... His romantic options are gonna suck (what, with Rin = LAW and Sakura = CHAOS.)
    That is a possibility too, but given Rin's temper Mastema might have a bit of a harder time, this also makes me worry and Shirou being the neutral hero is gonna be a redux of strange Journey, if he choses to stick with Arturia who will probably remain neutral all the way it's going to be a bitter sweet ending as i fear both Rin and Sakura will probably end up dead in the neutral path, or if Lois pushes the correct buttons in Shirou he will have a Demi Fiend who goes down the True Demon Path and chooses to punch God in the fice.

In fact, if Canon even happens, then Shirou might end up being a Sword Tsukumogami, or end up targeted by 'interests' for either their own ends, or pre-emptively killed.

But then again, I'm betting that Waver and/or Kiritsugu is leaning towards Neutral aside. Eh, we have so far;
    -TWO Chaos leaning/aligned Masters (Uryuu & Kariya)
    -TWO Law leaning/aligned Masters (Tokiomi & Kirei)
    -THREE Neutral Masters
    --one ze Magus Killer whose ideal is No More Death/Murder,
    --one an amoral Magi whose gonna get killed, and lastly...
    --Waver, the innocent kid who is getting the most vibes as a Neutral Hero... But is he gonna live through this?

Heh, I can only imagine if Waver survives this War, the chances of him getting an apprenticeship or study in MIT instead with STEVEN or Akemi Nakajima. (As a sort of Techno Magus Hacker, since he's now an bonafide Heretic Magus thanks to Kayneth. Shame that Clocktower lost such a talent instead...)
    Magus killer should be under Chaotic Neutral tho, his methods involve destruction and the such, and i agree with you on all counts, Waver Velvet: Soul Hacker.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh god Mastema's characterization is going to be a mess, let me warn you.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    oh god Mastema's characterization is going to be a mess, let me warn you.
    Why do you say that? DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG

Or is it like a slippery slope when it comes to attempting to adapt this particular character?

Speaking of slippery slopes (well no, but I needed a segue), gonna be out for a bit this weekend so Sunday is the earliest that the next update will arrive.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Strange Journey's Mastema and SMTIV's Mastema are absolutely different characters. It's kinda weird actually.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Strange Journey's Mastema and SMTIV's Mastema are absolutely different characters. It's kinda weird actually.
    Flat What, seriously? SMT IV Mastema does not goes around manipulating all folk to chose the LAw path and turn the world onto a mindless drone thing?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nope. He is a lot more pro-human in IV, actually. It's weird.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Still pretty manipulative. But that could just be because he's a SMT character.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Considering that the MC is just there to be manipulated by everyone until you choose the neutral route, that comes as no surprise.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Nope. He is a lot more pro-human in IV, actually. It's weird.
    Bloody 3DS gateway cant come soon enough, mastema pro human, those words are very shocking, oh so shocking to be 1000% honest, and it only fills me with dread.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    So we seem to have Yandere Gilles again, Odin, possibly Metatron and I'm not sure about Waver's.

As for Mastema, that depends on DLC. However he does seem to be the angel that gets sent for covert ops.

Blog Entries

Commence Act I: LAW

A whirling spiral of filth and sin...

Kirei Kotomine was staring at the Command Seals on his hand, and there was no other way for him to interpret them. He wondered if the Command Seals were a reflection of the Masters that had them, and if so, what his own seals were trying to say about him...

Kirei’s mind banished the introspective mood. He wasn’t here to think about the reasons behind something that might not have a reason at all. He had a job to do, and he was waiting for the right moment to carry it out.

At the moment, Kirei was sequestered in Tokiomi’s workshop and waiting for the signal to make their next move. Six Servants had been summoned, and the Holy Grail War would finally begin when the Seventh Servant was summoned. At that point, he would leave the Tohsaka home, send an Assassin to ostensibly target Tokiomi for assassination, and then Tokiomi’s Servant would kill the single Assassin.

Then, acting as a Master would upon the loss of a Servant, Kirei would retreat to the Church seeking sanctuary and protection from the combatants, and his remaining 79 Assassins would serve Tokiomi as an intelligence-gathering network from within the shadows.

Suddenly, an Assassin emerged from the dark corner of the workshop. Kirei turned to his Servant and asked, “Has the operation begun?” To his surprise, the Assassin shook his head and held something out.

The plan hit a small hitch.

Last night’s conditions were perfect, so Tokiomi presumed that the remaining five Masters would summon their Servants to kick off the Holy Grail War today. Instead, only four Masters summoned their Servants last night. Tokiomi Tohsaka supposed that the last Servant would come by the end of the day, so his plan would have to hold out for at least a couple more hours before it could commence.

Tokiomi was not an impatient man, so he wasn’t disturbed by this disruption. He just liked it when things went according to plan. For instance, his choice for the Servant class, Archer.

His Servant was in a nearby office. In his long and fruitful time serving God, one job that Archer took up in His name was as a scribe of history. It was for this reason that stacks of books were piled up around the room, for him to read humanity’s records as written by those other than him.

Tokiomi was a little confused as to why Archer was reading these books, because all Servants were granted with an understanding of the current time period’s culture and history upon their arrival. Maybe it was just an impulse that Archer had, to indulge a curiosity on how others saw the eras that he experienced, as well as the events that had transpired after his death.

There was a knock on the door, then Kirei entered Tokiomi’s office. “Tohsaka-san, Assassin intercepted a familiar from another Master while he was surveilling the area. It has a message for you.” Assassin materialized from the shadows, and placed the familiar on Tokiomi’s desk.

The familiar was a large worm, but it was not any kind of worm that Tokiomi recognized. The shape was not consistent, with the head being far too bulbous, and what he presumed to be the tail end tapering off to two protrusions. It was like a mockery of a male phallus. The familiar was killed recently, yet it reeked as if it had died long ago.

The familiar’s body was lacerated with scratches that, upon closer inspection, formed words. Tokiomi took this to be the message that the familiar bore, and it read:

I suffered on behalf of the one I love. Now you do the same for Aoi and Rin. We meet outside your front door. Tonight.

Breathing in the clear nighttime air did little to calm Tokiomi as he stepped out of the mansion to meet whoever sent that familiar.

From the moment that he read the message, he maintained a composed appearance for his apprentice Kirei and his own teacher, General Thorman. He kept his turmoil and unease within, but it did not elude his Servant, who merely placed a hand on his shoulder and gave a reassuring smile. Indeed, outside of his own prowess as a Magus, Tokiomi had one of the strongest Servants to rely on for defense tonight.

The air was still, and the Messian guards were stationed around the entrance of the mansion, all of them facing the front gate. He told Kirei to lax the Assassins’ security at that point, therefore the culprit would have no choice but to enter at his mercy. The Assassins were also on the lookout to eliminate other familiars, so the other Masters would not be able to watch what was about to transpire.

As the time passed, Tokiomi pondered who had sent that familiar. The message could not have come from the Lord El-Melloi, a man with a privileged upbringing courtesy of the Archibald family legacy. The Tohsaka family had never drawn the ire of the Emiya family either, so the Magus Killer was ruled out. The boy called Waver Velvet had an agenda with Lord El-Melloi, so he was not the culprit either...

The serial killed called Ryuunosuke had no history with the Tohsaka family... as far as he knew. The word from Thorman was that the man had received Command Seals and allied with the Cult of Gaea on a whim, and thus he received the Servant Caster. Perhaps somehow he had procured the means and knowledge of the Holy Grail War and the world of Magecraft, and wanted to make a grand first impression by targeting him and his family?

Such a despicable act. The only suitable response was divine retribution, courtesy of Archer.

Outside of the message, the means by which it arrived had to be considered too. When Thorman saw the familiar, he said that it was far too similar to the various failed experiments that Zouken left behind in the chamber that he discovered. Since then, Thorman returned to Messian Headquarters in order to investigate the familiar for the culprit's whereabouts.

Could it have been someone related to the late Zouken Makiri? Byakuya, one of the old wretch’s descendents, was born without the ability to use Magecraft, and he had no Command Spells. That left...

“FREEZE!!”

“STOP RIGHT THERE WITH YOUR HANDS UP, NOW!!”

Tokiomi looked out towards the front gate, and a single figure stood right outside the front gate. It was wearing a zipped-up hoodie, and its head was tilted downward so the shadow from its hood obscured any discernable features. Jeans and sneakers completed his outfit, so by outward appearances this figure was completely ordinary. The figure’s hands slowly came out of its jean pockets, and up the arms went in surrender.

Tokiomi took careful steps down the stairway as he said, “I am Tokiomi Tohsaka. Who is the coward that threatened my life and the safety of my family?”

No answer.

“This is your only warning. Speak now, and depending on what you have to say, you may yet leave this conflict alive. But if you persist in your silence, then by my duties as the Second Owner of Fuyuki City, and for your crimes against me and my family, your life is forfeit.”

Nothing but silence.... a silence that was cut through by a sudden scoff. It was a male voice, a familiar voice.

“Always have to be the bigger man, huh? That is, until something comes along to disrupt your perfect life, and then you snuff it out and forget about it the next day. You haven’t changed, Tokiomi.”

Tokiomi’s mind was reeling, for this was the last person that he suspected. Kariya Matou?! The man who despised Zouken’s methods to the point of abandoning the life of a Magus, now standing before him and radiating this malevolent aura? His wife’s childhood friend, now making threats against her life?

The figure tilted his head up to face Tokiomi, and there was no more lingering doubt. It was Kariya Matou, with an expression of disdain that Tokiomi felt was reserved only for him. There was something that bothered him. To the best of his recollection, Kariya had gray eyes, but for some reason they had a blue hue to them now.

“Kariya-kun, what is the meaning of this? It couldn’t have been you who sent that familiar, that threat to me?!” Tokiomi asked, barely masking his fury at this revelation. Kariya feigned shock as he replied, “Threat? There was no threat in that message for you, nor did I threaten Aoi or Rin-chan.”

Kariya chuckled slowly as he continued, “I only said that, for their sake, you’re going to have to suffer, Tokiomi. You, and you alone... Now, I have a question for you, and what happens next depends on your answer...”

Tokiomi was utterly disgusted. Kariya, an outcast and an utter nobody, trying to dictate terms? “You forget that you are at my mercy, Kariya-kun-”

“No Tokiomi, you are at MY mercy. Now call off your guards.”

Something in the air shifted at those words, and the Messian guards almost went on the attack before Tokiomi stopped them. He tried to keep calm as he assessed the situation, and it certainly couldn’t afford to escalate yet. Kariya seemed to have gotten some kind of power in his absence, that was undeniable. But no matter what power Kariya scrounged up in the wake of his ancestor’s death, it couldn’t possibly contend with him or his Servant. He gave the signal, and the Messian guards backed off.

“Good, so you’re capable of sane decisions after all...” Kariya sneered as he brought his hands down and back into his pockets. “All right then, this is my question to you, Tokiomi:

“Did you know?”

Kariya’s expression changed from a sneering overconfidence to a cold hatred.

“Did you know what kind of demon Zouken was?”

Tokiomi knew what Kariya was getting at, and the shame was clear on his face.

“Did you know what the Matou magecraft was? AND DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU SENT SAKURA OFF TO THAT LIVING HELL?!

“...No.”

For the first time, Kariya saw Tokiomi in a new light. The man’s face was painted with sorrow, a sorrow that could only come from the loss of a loved one. Tokiomi’s voice even started to tremble as he went on, “I didn’t know, Kariya-kun. I swear, I didn’t know what she would have to endure, and I can only pray now that she is at peace, wherever she is...”

A slow clap. Tokiomi looked up in disbelief, and Kariya was actually slowly clapping at him. “Wow... you’re sane and you’re capable of emotion,” Kariya said as he continued to clap and even started to laugh. “Congratulations, Tokiomi. You’re not just a soulless Magus after all. You’re human, too.”

Tokiomi immediately started to get mad again, and Kariya shut up and held his hands back up as if to placate him. “That’s enough, Kariya-kun. I’ve answered your question, so what happens now? How shall I suffer, as you put it?”

Kariya couldn’t hold back another chuckle as he crossed his arms and replied, “Well, it’s not that bad, in the big scheme of things. I mean, let's assess the situation. The Holy Grail War? It’s a pretty dangerous affair, ain’t it? You’re a target, and because of that, Aoi and Rin are targets as well. So, the way I see it, there’s only one way for you to suffer in their place.”

“And that is?”

“Give up.”

That absolutely infuriating look of superiority was back on Kariya’s face. “Forfeit. Abandon your life as a Magus, everything you’ve built up from your family’s legacy. Disavow your Magecraft, renounce your Messian ties. You do all that? You’re free as a bird, and I’ll make sure that Aoi, Rin, and your sorry ass aren’t harmed in this War.”

Tokiomi had no words. If anything, his answer was written all over his face, not to mention the staff that he had just materialized in his hand. He started to step back, giving room for the Messian guards to move in.

“What was that expression again?” Kariya asked, and then his eyes lit up in mocking enlightenment as he touched a finger to his cheek. “Ah yes. ‘Pride goes before the fall.’” It was when he touched his cheek that Tokiomi finally saw:

There were three red marks on the back of Kariya’s right hand.

Kariya calmly walked forward and pushed the gates open. “See you in Hell, Tokiomi.”

Tokiomi pointed right back at him with his staff and had one reply: “You first.”

The Messian guards dispelled their robes, and they all leapt for Kariya. Upon abandoning their robes, the guards revealed their true forms. Arahabaki, a god in the shape of a shakouki-dogu clay doll. Dominion, an angel ranked 4th in the order. Phoenix, the mythical bird that symbolized reincarnation. Finally, Genbu, one of the four beasts of the Chinese constellation, with the body of a turtle and a snake for a head. They descended on Kariya, and the massacre began-

-with Kariya leaping up and punching Arahabaki, shattering the clay deity in one blow.

Kariya took advantage of the other three demons’ shock and expelled a nauseous, disorienting breath of fog from his mouth. His next target was the Phoenix, and which he proceeded to snatch from the air and slam back down onto the ground. Keeping his grip on the wings, and ignoring as the flames from the bird started to burn his hoodie off, he stomped on the bird and tore its wings right off of its body. Two down.

The Genbu lunged for Kariya, and he sidestepped the demon right on time to get a grip on its long neck. Taking one step to hold his ground, he swung with all his might and caught the Dominion right under the Genbu’s shell. The strength of the swing utterly flattened the Dominion, and the impact also crushed the Genbu’s turtle shell. Letting go of the flailing demon, Kariya took a second to catch his breath, and then sent his fist flying right through the Genbu’s skull.

Kariya pulled his hand out of the Genbu’s busted skull, and ripped the charred remains of his hoodie off. All over his upper body, black tattoos were starting to spread out from the large black horn on the back of his head. The tattoos looped from his back around to his chest, snaked over his arms and finally ended on his face. The edges of the tattoo pulsed with a neon green outline, and Kariya looked up at his stunned enemy with yellow eyes.

Tokiomi’s eyes were wide with shock. “Kariya-kun... What have you done?”

That scared look in his eyes, the fear in his voice... This was what Kariya lived for. This was what he had been waiting for, all his life, from the moment that this man in front of him took Aoi’s hand away from him... Kariya laughed again, and this time there was something utterly wrong with the sound of it. It was laced with insanity. “Guess what, Tokiomi... You’re not the only one with powerful friends.”

In a burst of light, Tokiomi’s Servant Archer landed on the ground between his Master and his new foe. His white armor radiating divinity, and his immaculate blonde hair and impeccable jeans, they all matched the serenity in his eyes that was now laced with a dangerous intent. He stood up from his three-point landing, and he readied himself in a kung-fu stance.

Kariya snorted. “Is this your Servant, Tokiomi? Well, he certainly looks like a million bucks.” Kariya lifted up his right foot, and stomped on the ground. From the point of impact, the entire area started to rumble, and the surrounding areas were starting to shift. Tokiomi couldn’t believe it. With one stomp, Kariya triggered an earthquake, and pure energy started to seep through the cracks. In desperation, Tokiomi shouted out to Kariya, “KARIYA-KUN!! YOU HAVE TO STOP THIS, RIGHT NOW!!”

Kariya continued to laugh, and he crossed his arms over his chest. “It’s too late now, Tokiomi! You had your chance!”

He brought his crossed arms up over his head, and the earth continued to rumble ever stronger, as if it was following his movements. “You can’t stop it, and neither can I!!

Too shocked to order his own Servant, Archer picked up his Master and, with all his strength, leapt out into the sky. Kariya let out one final cackle into the sky, and shouted for every Master, Servant, Gaean, Messian and Cypher to hear:

THE WAR HAS BEGUN!!

Kariya swung his arms apart, and Tohsaka Mansion exploded.

Blog Entries
    ...wow. That's something I never expected.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Okay, I will admit that I never expected that. I have to read those lines again just to make sure I read it correctly.

Matou Kariya Starring as the Demi Fiend... Tokiomi is so fucked right now and so are all the other folk, for a Demi Fiend the Servants are nothing more than a random encounter, he just took alone one of the best Demons of SMT III iirc, Tokiomi is sooooooooo fucked is not even funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    he just took alone one of the best Demons of SMT III
    ?

Highest level of the lot is Dominion at fifty in Nocturne. Hardly "best". Genbu and Arahabaki are 30-40. (Also by Nocturne standards.)
    Last edited by Siriel; August 19th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    A couple things to note:

My friend who beta-reads and helps when I need to bounce ideas off someone regarding both canons is MIA for a couple days due to a family vacation, so the earliest that the next update can come out will be Thursday or Friday.

I checked the word count this time and it was 2803, which is more than 25% of the total word count for the last completed chapter. I'm gonna be trying to write more for each update from this point on.

It's worth noting that regarding demons that are presented and fought, outside of the Fiends, I'll only be selecting from the Shin Megami Tensei I pool, as well as their designs. So if you were confused as to why I described Genbu as a turtle with a snake for a head rather than a snake as its tail, that's why. Also those demons in particular were selected because in SMT I, they averaged at level 50 or 60 at the highest.

So uh... I don't have a separate discussion thread open so I guess it'll keep going on here, then?

Oh! Let's not write off everybody else in this fight yet! We haven't even seen the other Servants in combat!
    Last edited by Shinogu; August 19th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Oh shit Demi Fiend is serious business. O.o does Kariya have a servant too? If not, who ended up as the 7th master?
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    ?

Highest level of the lot is Dominion at fifty in Nocturne. Hardly "best". Genbu and Arahabaki are 30-40. (Also by Nocturne standards.)
    iirc Tvtropes had for some reason Arahabaki under "Game Breaker", and if something is put under Game breaker it usually means that it's pretty good.

I was never able to progress on Nocturne due to the FAQS being total crapshots, the issue was mostly centered around FAQS pointing i should have both fusion and compendium at the point i was but the game simply did not acknowledged that and so i was stuck with an Uber Fairy and nothing else to brag so i was under the impression of Arahabaki being pretty good.

If a single demi fiend thinks of a group of Shape Shifters who by all means are pretty dangerous in DDS as a random encounter as shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb3nIH7E9Z0 i shudder to think what a fully realized one would be like.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; August 19th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.