Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1823262728293033 ... LastLast

Thread: Conception/Zero (Fate/Zero x Shin Megami Tensei Crossover)

Well, more or less. Most of the Devil Summoner series have the Devil Summoners as protagonist, or at least important characters to the plot itself. (Don't know about the Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocture Special Edition though... Haven't play that one)

There are two cases of Devil Summoners itself, though. One, Devil Summoner which fights to protect the people. Two, Dark Summoners, for profit and self-serving purposes. (Take from wiki for Dark Summoners)

...Wait, greatest Devil Summoner...

...Will Sakura be almost as badass as Raidou himself O_O!?

Blog Entries
    Holy shit, now things are going to get interesting.

Cypher did an awesome job of misleading Kariya, heck Kotomine could learn a thing or two from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinyzero View Post
    ...Wait, greatest Devil Summoner...

...Will Sakura be almost as badass as Raidou himself O_O!?
    That is a possibility, a VERY awesome one.
    Last edited by Guy; May 7th, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Not necessarily. The bearers of the title 'Raidou Kuzunoha' have typically been the guardians of The Capital/Tokyo, but they are not the norm in terms of Demon Summoners, both in skill and in their purpose. More on that later.

Also, on the 'greatest summoner' bit, until there is more proof that there have been other big name Demon Summoners, I'd withhold my amazement. First summoner is best by default :V
    Last edited by Courier; May 7th, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinyzero View Post
    Well, more or less. Most of the Devil Summoner series have the Devil Summoners as protagonist, or at least important characters to the plot itself. (Don't know about the Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocture Special Edition though... Haven't play that one)
    Yeah, that's what I was assuming.

There are two cases of Devil Summoners itself, though. One, Devil Summoner which fights to protect the people. Two, Dark Summoners, for profit and self-serving purposes. (Take from wiki for Dark Summoners)
    Given that we're talking about Sakura here, I'm not imagining her being likely to take the second path, so....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Given that we're talking about Sakura here, I'm not imagining her being likely to take the second path, so....
    She's easily young enough for her personality to end up as more-or-less anything, depending on what Cypher feels like doing (and I somehow doubt that Kariya's perceptive or cunning enough to undermine whatever Cypher would want to do with Sakura).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    She's easily young enough for her personality to end up as more-or-less anything, depending on what Cypher feels like doing (and I somehow doubt that Kariya's perceptive or cunning enough to undermine whatever Cypher would want to do with Sakura).
    Quite true.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    In SMT Nocturne, there weren't any Devil Summoners unless you played Chronicle Edition where Raidou the 14th himself replaced Devil May Cry's Dante as one of the Fiends. I don't think Raidou was classified as a Fiend though.

I don't think I'll be writing Sakura wielding her full Demon Summoner power in HGW4, a bit much don't you think? Maybe a hint here or there to her true potential.

One thing to keep in kind with Cypher is that while he'll talk to people and explain stuff, by no means is he obligated to tell the truth. But I'm sure everybody knew that already, just wanted to put that out there. >_>

Question about the next update: I feel like I've written all that can be written within this time frame for Team Einzbern aside from one or two elements that I can hold onto for another time. If I do go for an Einzbern update, it would most likely be padded with a hook to a sidestory and that seems kind of out of place or disingenuous to me. What do you guys think of leaving what I wrote for Team Einzbern alone and I wrap up Chapter 1 with Tokiomi's situation before we jump to the year of HGW4?

I'd go with more of the Tohsaka situation first.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps, but Sakura's mind is not easy to twist. She is extremely strong, and she has no need to harm people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinogu View Post
    I don't think I'll be writing Sakura wielding her full Demon Summoner power in HGW4, a bit much don't you think? Maybe a hint here or there to her true potential.
    Yeah, that seems like it would be a bit OTT, given that she's only six....

One thing to keep in kind with Cypher is that while he'll talk to people and explain stuff, by no means is he obligated to tell the truth. But I'm sure everybody knew that already, just wanted to put that out there. >_>
    Well, yes, I suppose....

Question about the next update: I feel like I've written all that can be written within this time frame for Team Einzbern aside from one or two elements that I can hold onto for another time. If I do go for an Einzbern update, it would most likely be padded with a hook to a sidestory and that seems kind of out of place or disingenuous to me. What do you guys think of leaving what I wrote for Team Einzbern alone and I wrap up Chapter 1 with Tokiomi's situation before we jump to the year of HGW4?
    Yeah, I think it makes sense to move on to the Tohsakas, and see how Tokiomi and Rin are faring....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984
    Yeah, I think it makes sense to move on to the Tohsakas, and see how Tokiomi and Rin are faring....
    Doubt they're doing well at all. Though they might be in one piece...well, Rin, at least.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yay! Devil Summoner!

Devil Summoner trivia:

Common folk can be trained to be devil summoners, there's a lot in the Raidou Kuzunoha games. The difference between devil and dark summoners has been mentioned.

Oh yeah, there are 4 important branch of the Kuzunohas, Raidou, Geirin and other two. I think one has mentioned in a novel. Anyway, those four are tittles given to the chosen ones (read: protagonists) to protect Japan.

@Al: Ippon-Dattara is one of the main cases of Raidou Kuzunoha the 14th. It happens in a Drama CD and is pretty good from what I remember.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    I can buy Sakura being a very powerful Devil Summoner, but she can't step up to Raidou. That guy has seen and fought some shit, man.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Let's not get into powerlevel debates erl. And where's the next chapter of MVS erlkonig?
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    @Al: Ippon-Dattara is one of the main cases of Raidou Kuzunoha the 14th. It happens in a Drama CD and is pretty good from what I remember.
    Hoorah! That means that it is (somewhat) important~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

-Lift hands in the air- In my defense, I said almost. But I guess I shouldn't have mention that, no? (The almost as badass part, I mean)

Blog Entries
    It's fine, not like I know anything about the majority of the SMT franchise, but you seem to have some idea what's going on here that I'm missing out on.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    He didn’t let it get to him at first. When they were investigating the wreckage at Matou Manor, he put on an authoritative face as usual, and his disappointment that Zouken’s magecraft archives had perished along with him was certainly genuine. It was ruled that a defective gas line had unexpectedly detonated underneath the mansion and thus it exploded. Nobody asked any questions afterward, because nobody knew that anybody even lived in the mansion anyway.

Nobody but him.

He didn’t let it show, but he looked for any sign of the girl that had been his daughter. The lingering traces of Sakura Matou’s od started and ended at the wreckage site, which could only mean one thing. It wasn’t what he had wanted by any means, but any fate was better than what would have definitely happened to Sakura if she had remained in the Tohsaka family. So when his wife and daughter asked what had happened, he told the truth. Matou Manor had just exploded, and the whereabouts of Zouken and Sakura Matou were unknown.

When his wife stared at him, utterly speechless and wide-eyed, he didn’t crack. When his daughter was teary-eyed for the entire evening until after dinner where she let it all out in her bedroom, he still didn’t crack. He was the Tohsaka Family Head, Supervisor of Fuyuki City and one of the strongest Magi about to participate in the Holy Grail War. He shut it all down within him and didn’t let it out, even when he went to bed for the night.

But now...

BGM on

“You can let him go now, Uncle Red.”

The massive reptilian demon withdrew his pitchfork from the ground, and Tokiomi Tohsaka finally caught his breath. He slowly turned himself over to face the ground but didn’t get on his feet. It wasn’t for lack of energy, but lack of will. The eerie giggles had faded from the wasteland long ago, but they were still ringing in his head. He looked up and saw the dead body of his daughter Rin laying flat on the ground, the two giants and the little girl standing around it as they studied it like crows around carrion.

For the first time that he could possibly remember, Tokiomi broke down. Countless memories that he had trained himself to never pay any thought began to flood his mind. His two daughters returning to the Tohsaka Mansion after an action-packed day in the New Years Festival, tired but beyond happiness... The first time that Rin had successfully charged a crystal with prana... And just days ago, the last time he saw Sakura and the hug that she had given him though he hadn’t asked for it... Tears were falling in earnest. He couldn’t stop it even if he tried. Now he was Tokiomi Tohsaka, the man who had lost his two daughters.

“Don’t cry, Mr. Tohsaka.”

Tokiomi looked up at the girl called Alice, who had walked up to him while he was wallowing in his sorrow. Her smile was sweet, though her eyes were completely impossible to reconcile with any sense of humanity, and Rin’s body had, for lack of a better term, dangled over to stand nearby as if controlled by a puppeteer. True enough, “Uncle Black” had his right hand out with his strings still connected to Rin’s body, while the other giant stood next to him.

“Don’t cry, Mr. Tohsaka, because there’s nothing to be sad about,” Alice said as she curtsied to the clueless Tokiomi. “Rin died for me, just as she agreed to upon our contract. I’ll make sure to have all the fun I can get out of her, you have my word on that.” Every word was tinged with a sweetness that was utterly inappropriate to the situation at hand. Alice bowed as she bade her farewell to this unlikely benefactor, “Thank you very much for your daughter, Mr. Tohsaka, and good b-”

BGM off
    BGM on

With blinding speed, a hand reached out and seized Alice by her throat. If anybody was being said, it didn’t register as anything but the buzzing of bees or any other useless insect to Tokiomi Tohsaka. His eyes were completely dry, as if his tears had evaporated from the fury that was now evident on his face, and his mind was completely clear now as he looked into the unnatural and fearful eyes of the girl- no, the demon called Alice that he had by the throat.

The demon that made a contract with Rin.

“You will release my daughter immediately, demon.”

That same demon, in his clutches.

“Let her go, now.”

He could fix this.

“UNHAND MS. ALICE THIS INSTANT!!”

BGM off
    BGM on

With that mighty bellow, “Uncle Black”- no, Tokiomi knew with a single glance that this one was called Nebiros- the demon called Nebiros charged and sent out another batch of possession threads at his enemy. Tokiomi threw Alice aside and planted his feet on the ground, charging his entire body with prana. He let his left arm get caught by the threads, twisted it around to seize control, and pulled Nebiros towards himself.

Then, charging his right arm with dangerous levels of prana, he lunged forward and didn’t punch so much as embed his right fist down Nebiros’ throat through his mouth. He opened his fist within and found that he had enough room to move his fingers, which was appropriate given what he was about to do. His mind was clearer than it had ever been this night, just as he had trained himself to be as he began to chant. The frightened and frenzied cries of horror from the demon girl didn’t register at all, and his eyes began to glow an unnatural blue...

Nebiros, for his part, only had himself to blame. He had underestimated this human, merely intending to bind him and let his Ms. Alice deal with the situation as she usually did to the other impertinent, lesser mortals that challenged her might. He tried to bite down on his opponent’s arm, sever it from the elbow down with one bite, but Tokiomi’s reinforcement made such attempts futile. Nebiros might have gone peacefully if he had simply succumbed to the pain. Instead, he tried in desperation to untangle himself from Tokiomi as the Magus finished his chant with three simple words:

Baptism By Thunder

Nebiros was fried with divine lightning from the inside out, and with a clench of his fist within Nebiros’ throat, Tokiomi made his enemy explode with extreme prejudice. The remains of Nebiros were incinerated into dust as they flew apart, bathing Tokiomi and the surrounding area with soot. Rin’s body fell to the ground, like a puppet that had its strings cut. Alice, for lack of a better description, was freaking out, with anguished cries of “Uncle Black!!” mixed in at random with her shouts of disbelief and horror. “Uncle Red”- Tokiomi instantly identified him as Belial- was already moving.

Belial lunged with his pitchfork straight ahead, ready to impale Tokiomi- who still had prana running through his body as he sidestepped the pitchfork and grabbed onto it with both arms. He pulled it towards himself with more strength than either party could have expected, but had precisely planned for. As Belial flew toward Tokiomi, he opened his mouth wide and dug into the earth with his right arm to stop himself. With a shout- “GOMORRAH FIRE”- an inferno erupted from his mouth and bathed Tokiomi in its incinerating might.

Moments later, the inferno seemed to bend and distort oddly, then it was suddenly sucked into a swirling vacuum. At the center was Tokiomi, still holding Belial’s pitchfork in his left hand while spinning a spear made of fire with his right. Having absorbed the entire attack with his improvised shield, the only damage left to report was a slightly singed suit.

(Yes, he went to bed without changing out of his suit. He’s like that.)

Tokiomi threw his fire spear at Belial, but the demon let it wash over and absorbed it into himself. Belial was a demon that could absorb fire, after all. What it couldn’t absorb, however, was metal, which was what his pitchfork was made of. He was very painfully reminded of this when Tokiomi took advantage of his distraction and spun the massive thing around and above him to face the demon and impaled him with it. With the skills of an Olympic pole vaulter, he pushed with all his might to stick the pitchfork into the ground, trapping Belial as well, and vaulted himself into the air.

Tokiomi Tohsaka was, in his opinion, only barely an above-average Magus. His extra-curricular training aside, his Element was Fire which made Magecraft useless in taking Belial down. As he soared higher into the air, his mind raced through his repertoire of combat knowledge, and he deduced that nothing but a particular Air-to-Surface attack from an absurdly high altitude would wipe the demon out in one stroke. He began to charge, then overcharge his body to gather the energy required, and noticed that he was soaring even higher still.

How thankful he was, that the sky of the chaotic battlefield, like the sky back home, had no limits.

Before long, a shining star began to come down. Alice was trapped between wonder and horror at the inevitable fate of her last remaining guardian. Belial struggled in vain to escape his own weapon, and resigned himself to his fate at the sight of his impending doom. Something in the body of Rin Tohsaka could see the light. What it saw wasn’t Tokiomi Tohsaka, in fact it was something that the presence had never laid eyes on before: It was a sword, plummeting from the Heavens to smite the wicked and banish them to the pits of utter blackness.

With one strike, the only strike that was needed, Tokiomi impacted on the ground and eradicated Belial, his pitchfork, and the sound barrier. His one attack sent out a massive shock-wave with so much force, it banished the chaotic atmosphere in one sweep. The thunder retreated into the clouds, and the clouds parted to reveal a starry sky. A Full Moon illuminated the silent battlefield, emanating light with an eerie, almost conscious presence. Tokiomi slowly got up and started to walk towards the demon girl known as Alice.

BGM off

Alice tripped over her own feet retreating backward, her nose runny and face wet with her own tears as her pitiful whispers for her “Uncle Red” and “Uncle Black” went unheard. Her arms gave out as she tried in vain to crawl backward, and Tokiomi closed in on her in no time. It almost seemed comically nostalgic to him, as he grabbed the demon girl by the throat and lifted her off the ground until her feet were dangling uselessly in the air.

“W-why? Why did you k- kill them?” Alice struggled to get her question out as she gasped for air. Tokiomi’s face betrayed no sympathy as he replied, “You killed my daughter, demon. If I kill you now, then I can get her back before it’s too late.” Alice tried to pull her head loose from Tokiomi’s death grip, but she couldn’t do it even with her own hands. The most she was able to accomplish was pushing her head upward so now the death grip completely enveloped her neck, but now she could look back at her executioner.

“P-Please, don’t- Please don’t kill me-”

Her eyes were full of tears again, and suddenly the eyes glowed red-

“JUST DIE FOR ME!!”

The sudden yell echoed in the quiet and dark canyon. Alice was panting for breath, and Tokiomi... He reached out with his other hand and grabbed onto Alice’s right arm. Ignoring her panicked pleas, he ripped her arm out of her body and tossed it aside.

DIE FOR ME!!!”

Her left arm, this time.

“DI- DIE FOR ME!!!”

This time, her right leg, slightly harder than an arm, he noted.

“DIE!!- JUST DIE- DIIIEEEEE!!!!”

And finally her left leg.

After tossing it down, Tokiomi threw the demon Alice onto the ground, and she landed face first. Alice shouted and cried, her deranged pleas for Tokiomi to die for her falling to the wayside as he bent down and collected the unresponsive body of his daughter. All around him, he noticed that the sky began to shiver, and the ground was starting to quake as well. He walked back to the bloodied, limbless demon who was now sobbing without restraint.

Alice managed to turn her head to look at Tokiomi right as he brought his foot down on her head. She gasped for air as the sand gathered in her mouth, and she coughed as she struggled to ask in between sobs, “Why... why won’t you die for me?” Tokiomi said nothing, he merely looked at her the same way that a normal person would be disgusted at the sight of a disemboweled and twitching cockroach. Alice watched as Tokiomi took his foot off her head... but kept it above her head, and she noticed that his entire body was crackling with energy now, and Rin, her new best friend, was smiling-

The last sound that echoed in the wasteland was a sickening crunch of meat and bone. With that, the sky shattered like a looking glass struck by a sledgehammer. Tokiomi looked up and saw that tunnel of blinding lights that he had entered through before, sucking up the sky and the canyon around him. He held onto the motionless husk that was his beloved daughter Rin, and jumped up. He left the realm of chaos as Tokiomi Tohsaka, the Head of the Tohsaka Family, Supervisor of Fuyuki City, Magi of the Fourth Holy Grail War...

and First Lieutenant of the Messian Forces.

Aoi didn’t know what to do. After 5 agonizing minutes of silence, she had gone down to the cellar only to find that not only was her daughter not there, neither was her husband who had only spoken to her minutes ago. She cursed her uselessness as the mere wife of a Magus, without any knowledge of Magecraft nor the means to even perform it. The seconds that passed by felt like hours as she sat on the bottom of the stairs not knowing what to expect.

Suddenly, with a sound that made her feel like her ears popped twice, Tokiomi appeared from out of nowhere, landing from mid-air onto the ground with their daughter Rin in his arms. For a moment he was in a daze, but he immediately snapped out of it once he recognized his surroundings. He turned to his wife and said urgently, “Aoi, hold her.” The moment Rin changed hands, Tokiomi was instantly on his feet searching the wreckage of his workshop for something.

“Rin, it’s Mama. It’s your Mama, I’m here, I-” Aoi suddenly stopped speaking to her daughter, too bothered by the fact that her eyes were wide open and she was unresponsive. Aoi reached for Rin’s arm, but her hand flinched back from merely grazing her cold skin. “To- Tokiomi, why is she so cold?” Rin wasn’t just cold, she was pale and getting paler with every passing second. Her limbs were getting stiffer, to the point where Aoi couldn’t hold her and laid her flat on the ground.

Tokiomi cursed his family luck as he overturned piles of wrecked wood and came up with nothing. The twisted remains of metal ornaments that he had collected only added to his frustration. If he wasn’t going to use them, why collect them-! No, calm down. Tokiomi stopped himself, and rather than search for it with his eyes, he felt out for it with his prana, hand outstretched... and from the other side of the room, it burst from a pile of debris and flew towards him-

She didn’t want to believe it. She had lost Sakura already, Rin couldn’t have- Aoi reached out, but couldn’t bring herself to touch Rin’s arm to feel a pulse. She couldn’t have- It was impossible. Tokiomi swore, he swore that he wouldn’t let anything happen to Rin! She mustered up her courage and bent over to press her ear against Rin’s heart. Nothing.

Tokiomi almost tripped when his wife suddenly screamed. She lunged for him, looking completely hysterical and sounding it as she kept crying out, “SHE’S NOT BREATHING!!!! TOKIOMI!!!! SHE’S NOT BREATHING!!!!!” Tokiomi had to drag Aoi with him as he knelt down to where Rin was on the floor, and he pocketed what he had found before turning to his sobbing wife. He held her in his arms and urgently said, “Aoi, I have to act now if we’re going to help Rin. I need you to hold her down and open her mouth for her, I’m afraid she can’t do it herself at the moment. Can you do that for her?”

Aoi nodded as she tried to catch her breath, and Tokiomi turned to Rin’s body as he extracted the object from his pocket. Aoi held back her tears as much as she could, and tried to ignore how cold Rin’s lips were to her touch as she gently pried Rin’s mouth open. She held on as she noticed the object that Tokiomi was dangling carefully over Rin’s mouth. He had found a crystal attached to a chain, a crystal that was glowing with so much energy, even she could tell that it was filled to the brim and fit to burst.

Suddenly, Tokiomi began chanting. It was spoken so quietly and so fast that Aoi couldn’t understand specifically what was being said, but she recognized it. It was among the things that he had learned when he went to train under the man that he called General Thorman. With each line that was spoken, she also noticed something change with the crystal. Each jagged edge seem to straighten out at each word, and with each passing line, a face of the crystal seemed to fold into itself.

Tokiomi spoke faster and faster, and the crystal became smaller and smaller. Aoi tried to shut it out of her mind, but she couldn’t help but notice that Rin was also getting even colder, if it were possible. Finally, the object folded into itself so much, it ceased to resemble a crystal. It was a drop of the purest, most holy liquid that she had ever laid eyes on. With a final utterance of unknown words, the drop fell into Rin’s mouth.

The cellar was silent. Aoi had let go of their daughter’s mouth when the drop went in, and Tokiomi set the chain aside. Aoi was starting to cough from forgetting to breathe from the tension, and Tokiomi couldn’t help but think, in the back of his mind, Did he fail? Did he forget a single word, and it was all for nothing? Suddenly, Rin’s body shook. Tokiomi shouted as he lunged forward, “Hold her down!” Aoi was confused, but before he could say or do anymore, he was thrown back and someone screamed.

“NOOO!!!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!” Rin was shrieking, her eyes filled with complete terror as she thrashed and struck at what she thought were invisible demons that were harming her yet. Aoi leapt forward and caught her daughter in her arms, hugging her for dear life as she endured Rin’s thrashing and chaotic tantrum. “Rin, it’s okay! Mama’s here, mama’s here, Rin! Listen to me, it’s your mama!” She cried out... and Rin stopped screaming.

“... Mama?”

Her eyes were still wide open, but Rin... she saw again. She felt her body ache as she pushed back, her sight returned to her eyes, and they welled up with tears the moment she recognized her mother. Rin leapt into her mama’s arms, her head burrowing into her mother’s shoulder as she sobbed and coughed and breathed and was alive again. Aoi hugged her beloved daughter in turn, calming her down and feeling her daughter’s every pulse, every shiver and the warmth that was growing throughout her small body.

Tokiomi groaned as he got up from the ground. The sound of Rin’s voice, even though she was sobbing and catching her breath and apologizing to her mama and papa, it was like nectar to him. He pushed himself up off the ground, and felt himself smile for the first time in so long- and then he flinched as he drew his left hand back. He must have accidentally cut himself on some shards of glass, he thought as he looked down at-

Obsidian black, with traces of blood red at certain angles of light. If it wasn’t the sight of it, it was the stench that it gave that tipped him off. He knew this smell better than anybody. Ever since his first days of training under General Thorman, he was told to imprint every single detail of the Deathstone into his brain. Knowledgeable as he was of the material, he never owned a single piece of it, for this was the very object that led to the death of his ancestor, 59 years ago.

The “Gift”... from the man called Cypher.

Chapter 1 End.

Let's see, author notes:

Essentially, Tokiomi is well-trained in combat with demons in SMT standards, as well as having optimized his repertoire in Magecraft. From his Messian training, he's able to identify demons and their attributes with a glance and attack accordingly. He wouldn't get to First Lieutenant rank without Death Immunity, so that's why my logic for why he didn't DIE FOR Alice.

For the demons, I consulted MegaTen's Wikia and consolidated the more common elemental affinities together. That's why Nebiros has a weakness against Elec element, and I deduced that Tokiomi could only really use Heaven's Blade (it went unnamed in the text itself because Tokiomi shouting from on high as he plummets down seemed like a bit much even for their situation) to strike Belial down.

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 1. Now for the preview of Chapter 2. Once again, the original but not-canon preview is in the spoiler box:

Please, Cypher-sama!

Zouken was harboring demons under our noses?

In the name of Justice, I will rend you from existence!!

I would have incinerated that old fossil myself.

Your Holy Grail War has ended before it began, Magus Killer!

Spoiler:
    Deep down, that is why you are my husband.

I won't let her get involved, I can't!!

These are not manners befitting of the King of Knights!

I shall be as Satan, the Sentinel of Judgment himself.

Should you go down this path, you may lose everything.

My child... Are you ready to play God?
    Last edited by Shinogu; April 13th, 2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Edited the Next Chapter preview to keep it in line with what is out now, original preview in spoiler box

Blog Entries
    ...Wait. Rin + Alice = Dead Rin and Alice?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Not Rin!!

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Poor Rin, poor Tokiomi...

Tokiomi really cares for his daughters, I can only imagine what he thought when he saw Rin dead.

But, how did an average magus defeated three mid-tiers demons?

Just want to know how powerful magus are on this setting.

EDIT: Kudos for killing Rin, there are not much authors who do that on this forum, it set the tone of the story pretty nicely.
    Last edited by Guy; May 10th, 2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Blog Entries
    I'm wondering the same thing here, Guy, now that I'm thinking about it.