Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: The True King of Urban Fantasy - The Dresden Files

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    . . . I hate to necro a thread, but I got a Dresden newbie asking if we have a thread so . . .

It's Harry and I'm a motherfucking admin so I'm necroing the thread.

Fuck yeah, Harry's a Mother Fucking Wizard.
    Damn straight. It's practically a sin that this thread did not get more posts. Also, I am aforementioned newbie.
    Last edited by Fingolfin; August 3rd, 2012 at 11:46 PM.

now he's also the motherfucking winter knight

gaaha, the wait for cold days is killing meeee ;____;

Blog Entries
    Just finished Ghost Story, I love this series, on the moment is my favorite series out there.

Also, I recomend reading Codex Alera too from Jim Butcher, just finished the first book and I'm enjoying it a lot (thanks eddyak).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Blog Entries
    I just couldn't get into the Codex Alera series. Just felt wrong, but then again I'm not the biggest fan of that sort of high fantasy. Especially when it's not grimdark. When it's grimdark I love it.

And I mean Grimdark like Berserk grimdark.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    What? Wow, really, I thought the aleta codex was great. Different strokes eh? Course I love high fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I've been meaning to read the Codex Alera series forever now, but I've been putting it off for some reason. I even know my bookstore has at least some of teh books, because I saw them there a few months ago.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by giorno View Post
    gaaha, the wait for cold days is killing meeee ;____;
    Yes. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Also, I recomend reading Codex Alera too from Jim Butcher, just finished the first book and I'm enjoying it a lot (thanks eddyak).
    Yw.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I just couldn't get into the Codex Alera series. Just felt wrong, but then again I'm not the biggest fan of that sort of high fantasy. Especially when it's not grimdark. When it's grimdark I love it.

And I mean Grimdark like Berserk grimdark.
    It does get pretty dark later on. Dunno about grim, though.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    So, which are your favorite books from the series?

We can't let this tread die!
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Small Favour, because Ivy, Eldest Gruff kicking butt with flower power, and choke-a-bitch Harry.

Turn Coat, because motherfucking skinwalker.

Changes, because holy shit Ebenezar levelling pyramids.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Changes.

i mean, are you kidding or what?

Changes.

Blog Entries
    For me is Small Favor, because Nicodemus.

Dead Beat, because Zombie Dino

Changes, because Changes.

let's talk about more serious stuff

who do you ship harry with?

personally, i got 3 ships, Molly(OH YEAH), Lea(this WILL happen, you all know it) and Lara(because C'MON, if she weren't a succubus, they would've been having massive amounts of super-angry-hate-sex since blood rites)

(plus imaginary ship with Lash/Lasciel)

(plus a fifth hidden ship of mega-doom, with crazy-super-yandere-Mab)

Blog Entries
    Threesome between Murph and Lash.

Even she is on your mind still counts.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Having gotten into Jim Butcher's mindset to write Cold Fates, I find myself laughing maniacally at the idea of Harry shipped with someone.

Or maliciously cackling, at any rate.

Harry will never have a happy ending. Whether he ends up with whichever psychotic she-demon wants to jump (or eat) his bones at the moment because he'll never get a regular woman, or be foreveralone.jpg is another matter.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

never talked about an happy end here

but i'm positive he's gonna bone lea, and probably lara and lash(somehow) before the end, and hope he'll enter a relationship with molly, even if he dies in the end(and we all know he will die in the end, and end right back up into jack's office....)

I never really pair up characters in books. Its weird, and you're weird for doing it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Harry will never have a happy ending. Whether he ends up with whichever psychotic she-demon wants to jump (or eat) his bones at the moment because he'll never get a regular woman, or be foreveralone.jpg is another matter.
    Funny, I think that Harry will have a happy ending (or at least as happy as someone who survives an freaking apocalipse can have).

never talked about an happy end here

but i'm positive he's gonna bone lea, and probably lara and lash(somehow) before the end, and hope he'll enter a relationship with molly, even if he dies in the end(and we all know he will die in the end, and end right back up into jack's office....)
    He will never bone Lea, she loves him like a godson, on her way at least.

Having sex with Lara would be OOC, he resists temptations, that's a big part of his character, same for Molly and Lash (sadly).

The only women I see him with would be Murph, but that's because they are such good friends, although after Ghost Story, I'm starting to doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    I never really pair up characters in books. Its weird, and you're weird for doing it.
    Okay.jpg
    Last edited by Guy; August 6th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Having sex with Lara would be OOC, he resists temptations, that's a big part of his character
    i think he will start to change(though not much) already by cold days, and then will fall, HARD, either right before the apocalypse(don't count out the possibility of harry starting it in the first place) or midway through it

Blog Entries
    i think he will start to change(though not much) already by cold days, and then will fall, HARD, either right before the apocalypse(don't count out the possibility of harry starting it in the first place) or midway through it
    Honestly, I hope not lol.

I mean half of the fun of Dresden Files is Harry, heroic, chauvinist, more stubborn than a fallen angel...

I don't really want to see him falling so low.

Also, there is the whole "Mab can't change who you are" thing.

But, opinions.