Page 22 of 188 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    In my views, Achilles' high Luck is a direct consequence of his strong divine protection.
    Then that's Divine Protection. Not luck. See Lancelot for something similar.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Out of curiosity what does divinity rank do and what makes you be able to have it? Like desecdents of gods like Karna and Gil have it but the get modified based on their attitude, but do saints like Jean of Arc have it, or Prophets like Mohammad of Moses?

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure why you expect us to know "Mixed Blood", when it seems to be something only you have ideas for/with.
    And since when was "abandoning your humanity to become ____" something that allowed you to be anything A Rank, if you were 100% human before?

@reborn214; Saints don't get it, has to be those with divine parentage. That's not sainthood, just FYI. ^^;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reborn214 View Post
    Out of curiosity what does divinity rank do and what makes you be able to have it? Like desecdents of gods like Karna and Gil have it but the get modified based on their attitude, but do saints like Jean of Arc have it, or Prophets like Mohammad of Moses?
    Saints and Prophets don't have it; they're not gods but just virtuous people. They're Heroic Spirits, while gods are Divine Spirits that don't technically exist. Plus, people like Mohammed especially who are specifically not revered in that sort of way wouldn't be at all divine.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    The general idea of Mixed-Blood is something that Nasu himselfds came up with. I just turned it into a Servant skill for convenience's sake. To put it bluntly, people like Akiha and Kouma - who have blood of something not human in their veins (but that is not a Divine Spirit either) - fall into the Mixed-Blood category.

Also, Divinity translates in Divine Spirit-aptitude and its rank is determined by two factors: how great of a deity your progenitor was and your own inherent traits (remember that Gilgamesh managed to reduce his Divinity from A+ to B just through his dislike of the gods and Medusa mostly lost all of hers due acquiring attributes as a monster).

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I'm not sure why you expect us to know "Mixed Blood", when it seems to be something only you have ideas for/with.
    And since when was "abandoning your humanity to become ____" something that allowed you to be anything A Rank, if you were 100% human before?

@reborn214; Saints don't get it, has to be those with divine parentage. That's not sainthood, just FYI. ^^;
    That's is just my way of explaining Nasu's notion that Morgan became someone equal to the Lady of the Lake (who is classified as an Elemental according to him).

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saint George has Divinity. Depends if they have a cult or not I guess.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Eh I saw a better Achilles from Murder of Crows.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    Seika has her Classics hat on. You know the drill - those who don't care can freely skip this post, unless they're particularly fussy about my view on Achilles' Divinity rank.

Approximate genealogy of Achilles, where (I) = immortal, and (M) = mortal.

[rarely] Europa (M) or Aegina (I) - Zeus (I)____________________? - Skiron (M) or Khiron (I) - Khariklo (I)
    ____________________________ |______________________________________ |
    __________________________Aiakos (M)------------------------------------Endeis (?, probably M)
    _______________________________________________|
    ____________________________________________Peleus (M)-Thetis (I)
    __________________________________________________ __|
    _________________________________________________Akhilleus (M)

My point? I'm not really sure, except that most of the time Greek myth doesn't go in for fractions less than half. Generally, you're a god, a demi-god or mortal, and that's it (and, as the family tree shows, even those descended from divine beings on both sides can be mortal). That's not to say that divine blood of a smaller degree than half wouldn't be something to boast of (this is a sizeable part of Met. 13), but it wouldn't affect your mortal status. Given that Homer doesn't have Achilles and Ajax talk about their shared godly heritage (when one would expect it at a parley of sorts), perhaps even the idea of divine lineage mattering farther back than a single generation is a later conceit.

So, Yog, to call Achilles 'seven-eighths' god is not necessarily useful in discussion. It also ignores certain degrees of power - Achilles boasts of descent from Zeus whilst fighting the son of a river-god, because Zeus is better; the blood of the immortals in Achilles' lineage is likewise massively variable, including that of a centaur (possibly) alongside the King of the Gods.inb4 jokes about Europa being 'M'
    Last edited by Seika; February 23rd, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Seika has spoken, and I agree with her on this, especially with what I also know of the usual Zeus-spawn geneology stuff. XP
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Achilles would probably be A (or maybe B) rank Divinity in Nasuverse terms.

Blog Entries
    Some day I want to see an epic, hilarious troll where an Achilles Servant ends up actually being Patroclus at the very end. "Yeah, it was pretty crazy to try cosplaying as him. Mad Enhancement qualifications met!"

...Huh, I didn't know Nasu said that about Morgan though. I know she was connected to the Lady of the Lake in history, but not that Nasu attributed any of it to her in his version.

Blog Entries
    To compare with my previously posted Achilles, here is an Hector. I feel that his NP can still be improved, so if anyone has any suggestions on that regard, please feel free to state them.

Class: Lancer (Archer, Ruler)
    True Name: Hector
    Alignment: Lawful Good

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: A
    MGI: D
    LCK: B
    NP: A

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: B
    Protection against magical effects. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Divine Protection: B
    A blessing from Divine Spirits, provides bonus modifiers to all saving throws. Also grants immunity to curses on the level of destiny interference.

Eye of the Mind (True): C
    Insight cultivated from training and learning. Can formulate reliable battle plans based on collected information. Also capable of accurately assessing one’s chances of victory before battle.

Charisma: B+
    Natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent. B Rank is enough to be a king of a country.

Projectile (Spears): A
    Expertise for throwing projectile weapons. At A-Rank, it becomes possible to snipe targets from great distances.

Weapons

Armor of the Gods (First)
    An armor forged by the Blacksmith Deity Hephaestus. Not only it is richly ornamented, but its performance as a defensive item is also high thanks to being made with divine skill. It is furnished with enchantments that improve one’s capacities as a leader.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Ektor Keraunos – The Lone Bolt that Pierces the Great Earth
    Strictly speaking, this is not a weapon, but an ultimate killing-technique developed throughout a lifetime of effort. The epitome of Hector’s skills as a military man. Back during the Trojan War the spears thrown by the prince of Troy had the reputation of piercing through any shield and armors that tried to block it. This Noble Phantasm embodies all that.

By calling the true name, the projectile (spear) is imbued with lightning-attribute magical energy and then transformed into a magic bullet upon release. Destructive power is obviously high, but the greatest distinctive trait of this attack is its high capacity to penetrate all sorts of defenses, just like in the legend. Incidentally, it seems that this technique was developed as a form of imitation of Zeus’ use of thunderbolts as weapons.

BACKGROUND

The eldest son of King Priam and heir of the throne of Troy, Hector was worshiped as a hero in his homeland. Greatly capable both as a leader and as a military man, his most outstanding trait was his character. In Homer’s Iliad, Hector is described as courageous, yet thoughtful and peace-loving. A man who was a good son, husband and father and who never acted on ulterior motives. Even in modern times, Hector is still referred as an example of a virtuous man.

During the 10 years of the Trojan War, he acted as the supreme commander of the Trojan army, leading the soldiers of the nation against the Greek invaders. Recognized and respected in both sides of the conflict, Hector was the best warrior among the Trojans and conquered an appropriate amount of war achievements. Among them, his single combat against Ajax, the Great is particularly famous.

His relationship with his eventual nemesis, Achilles, was a rather complex one. Both heard much about the other even before their first meeting, and a relationship of mutual admiration was formed from that. As warriors, they respected each other and looked forward to comparing their skills in battle, but fate dictated that they would never met until the late stages of the war.

The fated day came when Hector mistakenly killed in battle Patroclus, Achilles best friend. Upon news of his friend’s death, Achilles went mad in rage and departed alone to Troy and demanded a duel with the prince. Upon setting his eyes on the furious warrior, Hector felt dread as never in his life, but was compelled by responsibility to accept the duel even though he knew his defeat was certain.

Hector was killed in that duel. However, the prince’s honor remained unsoiled and, all things considered, that was indeed a fitting end for such a valorous hero.

It is unquestionable that Hector fought with all his might for the defense of his homeland during the Trojan War. That being said, he always showed a strong disapproval towards the war from the beginning. For he knew that Troy’s side was the one at fault.

The blame for the whole conflict lied with his younger brother, prince Paris. While in a diplomatic visit on Sparta, Paris fell in love with the betrothed of King Menelaus, the beautiful Helen. At Helen’s request, who did not wished to marry Menelaus because of his temper, Paris smuggled the princess to Troy to make her his wife. In order to both retrieve the woman that was rightfully his and to get revenge for the humiliation, Menelaus called up for old alliances with the other Greek city-states and departed with a great army towards Troy.

Knowing this, Hector continuously tried to find alternative solutions for the conflict. At once instance, he proposed for everything to be solved with a one-on-one duel between Paris and Menelaus. Despite Paris protests, Hector forced the boy to face the offended king after a harsh scolding. Yet, when Paris ran away from combat after suffering a minor injury, Hector covered for him by killing Menelaus.

Hector never came to realize it himself, but in that war, the desire to protect his little brother was the strongest drive behind the strength of his spear. More than a monarch who fulfilled the responsibility of protecting his people or a soldier who fought for the glory of his country, in the end he was just a man who wished for nothing but the safety and happiness of his family.

Blog Entries
    And now, something different...

Class: Saber (Ruler)
    True Name: Charles D’Artagnan
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

STR: C
    END:
    B
    AGI:
    A+
    MGI:
    E
    LCK:
    B
    NP:
    C

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: C
    Protection against magical effects. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. This level of Magic Resistance is considered unbecoming of the Saber-Class.

Riding: B
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Can control most vehicles with above average skill, but cannot ride animals of Magical Beast and Holy Beast-rank. As for motorbikes, he can control even large ones.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Charisma: C
    The talent to command a large group of people. Increase the abilities of allies in group battles. A rare talent. Leadership skills suitable for a military general.

Disengage: B
    The capacity to break away from combat. Also, bonuses of evasion are granted during combat.

Dissimulation: C
    The Skill to disguise one’s appearance and falsify one’s character. The higher its ranking, more one’s spiritual status as a proper hero falls.

Weapons

Musket
    A type of firearm that once was mainstream as part of human warfare. This is a French variety that has a flintlock mechanism and a smaller barrel, which makes it more portable and easier to handle. A custom-made work built with master skill, its performance is higher than ordinary models… but it is still no match for modern weapons.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Fleur de Liser – The Flower of Depravity
    Type: Anti-Unit
    The brander of sinners. A treasured sword of the House of Bourbon. Once upon a time, this sword was used in France to punish criminals guilty of hideous crimes. It was conferred to d’Artagnan by the royal family as a sign of trust.

The power of this cursed sword increases in proportion to the sins of the opponent. Furthermore, it casts a curse of “unhealable wound” if its true name is called when inflicting wound upon the enemy. Although the injury itself can be closed with time or treatment, a distinctive flower-shaped scar will remain and the enemy will suffer a Rank Down on END. This power can only be used once against a single target. Other than the destruction of the sword or its user, the curse can also be dispelled by having one’s sins absolved by a clergyman.

BACKGROUND

Born as Charles de Batz Castelmore, he was a French military officer that lived during the 17th Century. Because his father was just a merchant, albeit a rich one, he adopted his mother’s maiden name – d’ Artagnan – after moving to Paris to start his military career. The change was motivated by the fact that the d’Artagnan was a branch family of the distinguished house of Montesquieu, a French aristocratic lineage with a long history.

D’Artagnan eventually joined the Musketeers royal guard and gained the patronage of Cardinal Mazarin. Mazarin was France’s chief minister and the closest adviser of the royal family at the time, so gaining his personal favor was of great importance for d’Artagnan’s career as a military officer. Among his many achievements, he carried out some missions of espionage under Mazarin’s orders.

For his loyalty and excellence, King Louis XIV promoted him into commander of the Musketeers. Later in his life, he was also entrusted with the rulership of a small province, but the job was not for d’Artagnan’s tastes, as he longed to spend his life in the vanguards.

Nearly a century after d’Artagnan’s time, Alexandre Dumas produced a fantastic tale about his life. The d’Artagnan Romances wrote by Dumas were mostly fictitious, with little foundation on true accounts about the Musketeer. Still, there was one thing that remained faithful to the true legend: d’Artagnan’s relationship with the Three Musketeers.

Athos, Porthos and Aramis. The three veteran Musketeers that d’Artagnan met at the beginning of his career and who took him under their wings. The four were linked by a strong bond as brothers-in-arms. D’Artagnan respected and admired the three men more than anyone else and, likewise, they treated the boy as if their son.

Their friendship was one that should have lasted forever. But when he was older, his position as captain of the Musketeers placed d’Artagnan and the three men – who had retired of military duty and began to pursuit their personal ambitions as civilians – on opposing sides of a certain conflict. D’Artagnan had the choice to abandon his duties and take the side of his old friends, but he decided to remain faithful to the king to the end.

Though he never regretted the decision he made that day, it seems that he mourned over the loss of the friendship with the three men for the rest of his life.

D’Artagnan’s story is that of a man who managed to achieve his goals after much effort and time. However, he had to renounce all his friends and loved ones as compensation for his dreams. When he died at the Siege of Maastricht, during the Franco-Dutch War, it seems that his final words were “Athos, Porthos, see you soon (au revoir)! Aramis, goodbye forever (à jamais, adieu)!

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, wait, you're giving him the same AGI as Berserker!Lancelot? Sorry, but there's no way I can agree with that.

Blog Entries
    The Musketeers do finesse well. And that's what AGI is, rather than outright speed. Saber Alter drops an AGI rank because she lacks fine control, not because she's slowed down.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know what AGI is, and it doesn't change the fact that Lancelot is a master swordsman who has Rank-Up due to the benefit of Mad Enhancement.

Blog Entries
    And Assassin is a master swordsman who has A+ AGI without a rank-up due to ME. And D’Artagnan is a master swordsman who specialises in a smaller, lighter weapon than Sasaki.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    The Musketeers do finesse well. And that's what AGI is, rather than outright speed. Saber Alter drops an AGI rank because she lacks fine control, not because she's slowed down.
    Although they did make Alter slower than regular Saber in unlimited/codes....

Also note that Zero-Lancer and Assassin-Koujirou also have A+ in AGI, but that does not mean they can be compared to Lancelot. Even if the Parameters are the same, it will mean different things to different Servants. Just think about Nasu's "Cu Chulainn's superior acceleration VS Medusa's superior max speed" comparison.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Although they did make Alter slower than regular Saber in unlimited/codes....
    lolfightinggames is the standard response to that, I believe. (I mean, look at what happened to poor Herakles' speed).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Copy pasta'd

Class: Moron
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    True Name: Johnny Knoxville

Parameters:

Strength: C
    Agility: C
    Endurance: A
    Mana: E
    Luck: C
    NP: C

Class Skills:

Unpredictable: Rank C++

The ability to come up with plans or ideas that defy established taboos or conventions. Rank is raised due to peer pressure. At this level, magecraft cannot be used to aid in prediction.

Improvised Riding: Rank B

Able to ride almost anything that moves, but was not intended to be used as a mount.

Skills:

Disengage

Rank B-
    Allows Moron to escape from dangerous situations despite injury. His rank is lowered due to the unlikelihood that he will actually choose to do so.

Mental Pollution (Fake)

Rank B
    Due to possessing an immature mentality, it is highly possible to shut out any complex or powerful mental interference Thaumaturgy. This skill provides no bonuses against simple, weak spells.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit
    Rank A
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.

Noble Phantasm:

Glutton for Punishment - Why Does he Do this to Himself

Support NP
    Allows Johnny to quickly recover from any wounds or injuries, no matter how grievous, so long as they are self-inflicted, up to and including severe damage to his spiritual core.