Page 51 of 188 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3745

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

Blog Entries
    I suspect he's referring to Ilya's ... disappointment with her father after the end of the Fourth. (For that matter, I'm sure the rest of the Einzbern are feeling less than happy with him).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I suspect he's referring to Ilya's ... disappointment with her father after the end of the Fourth. (For that matter, I'm sure the rest of the Einzbern are feeling less than happy with him).
    But the Einzbern could not exactly do anything against him. If they kill him they don't get another Servant.

Illya now...she would break whatever is left of that poor bastards heart.

Blog Entries
    hmm...heracles, kiritsugu, heracles, kiritsugu....

.....tough call!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    hmm...heracles, kiritsugu, heracles, kiritsugu....

.....tough call!
    Herackiritsugu!

Heracles with Kiritsugu's mind. Just because I'm that twisted.

Blog Entries
    its extraordinarily likely heracles was smarter and a better tactical planner then kiritsugu ever was.

almost a sure thing. see also, mad enhancement
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    its extraordinarily likely heracles was smarter and a better tactical planner then kiritsugu ever was.

I mostly agree with this statement, but there is one thing you forget mate. Heracles would likely stick to his 'honor'

Kiritsugu will do no such thing. So he will consider tactics that Herc would repulse on principle.

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar

Name me an example of Herc planning stuff. Even him killing the hydra was LOLUngodlyAbility rather than planning. Besides, eye of the mind (false) could make us assume he wings it, and lets his sixth sense direct him.

Unless I'm missing something big in Herc's myth, which is possible. Never read the whole thing, after all.

Blog Entries
    heracles being a ranger and experianced monster trapper, not to mention on several occasions using trickery and wit to solve problems, I think you vastly over estimate the detriment of honor if you believe the tactical capabilities of kiritsugu would eclipse heracles's in any notable fashion. especially when you take into account heracles being physchally capable of far more and having the ability to actually fight in addition to plan meaning he has waaaaaaaaaaaay more options to incorperate into his tactics.

Name me an example of Herc planning stuff. Even him killing the hydra was LOLUngodlyAbility rather than planning. Besides, eye of the mind (false) could make us assume he wings it, and lets his sixth sense direct him.

Unless I'm missing something big in Herc's myth, which is possible. Never read the whole thing, after all.

your....joking...?

hell, i will do you one better, I will post you the quote which not only puts it in myth, but proves it was also there in the nasuverse version, so you cant even say it might have been left out of his servant version

Q: About Herakles who was summoned as Berserker, it seems like he can become Saber or Archer. If he had been summoned in a different class, which class would it be that he could demonstrate his true power the most?
    A: Surprisingly, it would be Archer. Archer is a ranger so it's a pretty comfortable class to someone like him who overcame many trials with knowledge and resourcefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith View Post

Cleaning out the Stable by diverting a nearby river? Figuring out the Hydra's secret and having his companion hide the true immortal head rendering the Hydra killable?

More as soon as I brush up, but the guy is actually a whole load smarter than most modern sources of his tales describe.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    No-one can kill the Nemean lion, because its hide repels all weapons -> Herakles notices that you can choke it.
    The Hydra is unkillable because its heads grow back -> Herakles brings along his nephew to scorch the stumps and prevent them from regenerating.
    The Augeian stables are utterly filled with filth, essentially impossible to clean out even with Herakles' might -> He diverts a river through them instead.
    Antaios is empowered whenever he touches his mother, the Earth -> Herakles defeats him by holding him in the air.

Also, direct Nasu statement:

Q: About Herakles who was summoned as Berserker, it seems like he can become Saber or Archer. If he had been summoned in a different class, which class would it be that he could demonstrate his true power the most?
    A: Surprisingly, it would be Archer. Archer is a ranger so it's a pretty comfortable class to someone like him who overcame many trials with knowledge and resourcefulness.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

*hugs Seika for the help*

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Quote Originally Posted by gothic_dolly View Post
    Class: Saber?

True name: Haruhi Suzumiya
    ————————————————————
    Interesting. I made a template of Haruhi myself a while back in SpaceBattles. I also chose Saber as a class, because I thought that Haruhi would subconsciously want to be in that class. To go along with that, I gave her a fictional Noble Phantasm:

Sword of the Suzumiyas (Anti-Unit, A)- The Suzumiya family ancestral sword has an interesting history to it that I doubt you have heard of. The line dates back to an orphan who was adopted by a man who called himself Suzumiya. In fact, he was the son of a secret tryst between sibling deities Amaterasu and Susanoo, and was therefore sent to Earth as a mortal for safety. Due to a mistake, he was sent down to England instead, where he crashed into the Sword in the Stone, shattering the rock on impact. Embarrassed, he hauled a stone out of a lake and then inserted a new sword before quickly departing the area. In a related series of events, Suzumiya and his sword became involved in the legends of Beowulf, Hercules, the Holy Grail, the Arabian Nights, Thor, and Atlantis before he finally reached his homeland of Japan. After settling down, he gifted the sword to his adopted son, who carried on the name. Strange story? That’s because Haruhi invented it in her imagination. The sword has limited qualities of the various legends it has supposed connection to, but cannot be traced to any origin. Power weakens if Haruhi loses interest or faith in her new dream.

The basic idea would be that she made up the Noble Phantasm in her own imagination.

The SOS Armband sounds good, but maybe have it be so that Haruhi also leaks off special abilities into allies, thus creating a new SOS Brigade.

And yeah, Haruhi is bound to be over the top. Actually, I made my version for SpaceBattle's Fate/Almighty, an envisioned Holy Grail War where the Servants are TYPES fighting over the right to become Gaia. Even then, I didn't make the cut.

You did a pretty good job at balancing out Haruhi though; better than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by CM3
    Nine Lives – Shooting of Hundred Heads (Cannot be used while in the Berserker Class)
    Type: -
    Range: -
    Maximum Targets: -
    Among Hercules’Noble Phantasms, he trusted this one the most. It was the Noble Phantasm which Hercules used to slay the immortal nine-headed serpent Hydra once upon a time, taking the form of bow and arrow. After killing the Hydra, Hercules could even utilise techniques that emulate the ability of this Noble Phantasm when wielding other weapons. In essence, it is “a high speed attack consisting of nine consecutive strikes, as swift as if the attacks are overlapping”. Even when delivered via sword, spear, or axe, this technique still boasts power on the level of Noble Phantasms. Also, just like Cú Chulainn’s demonic spear Gae Bolg has a technique called “Gae Bolg – Piercing Death Thorn”, Hercules’ technique shares the “Nine Lives – Shooting of Hundred Heads” name with the Noble Phantasm.

Shirou projected this secret sword technique while projecting Hercules’ Axe Sword, thus annihilating the Blackened Hercules. While summoned as a Berserker, Hercules could not use Nine Lives.
    The Hydra feat in the Nasuverse is a bit different.

We are talking here about the guy who conquered Troya with a hundred friends years before the Illyad, where the greeks needed thousands, the intelligence of Odiseus and the help of the gods. Without (too many) loses. And every other fact they put. Herk was tutored by Quiron, by the way, the wisest of all the centaurs. He wasn't exactly stupid.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by shikyo21 View Post

...That's pretty but uh, what does it have to do with anything?

Also, qsurf! YOU HAVE YET TO SETTLE THINGS WITH ME :<
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Blog Entries
    Preemptive Note: I'm pretty sure there is quite a bit wrong with this and a lot that could be fleshed out, but I threw it together really quick so I could maybe get some informative input as to how he might match up in the Nasuverse.

Name: Abel Nightroad
    Class: Berserker
    Alignment: N/A

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MAN: E
    LCK: E-

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement: (?)

Personal Skills

Shapeshift: C
    Mental Pollution: C-
    Monstrous Strength: A+

Noble Phantasm(s)

Crusnik - Allows for transformation in various way dependent on the power exerted.
    • Type: Unknown
    • Range: ?
    • Max Target(s): ?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWeather View Post
    ...That's pretty but uh, what does it have to do with anything?

The protagonist is Merong Mahawangsa, the descendant of Alexander The Great.

EDIT: Besides I want to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWeather View Post
    Trust me, I know, but something isn't clicking here...I'm either giving them too much or too little...then there's also W's profile which I wanna redo and then there's scanning through your other profiles as well ^^;;;;

Let's just say that if I'm a computer, I've triggered a loop error when it comes to these guys ^^;;;;;

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, is this already the sixth Servant I post here? Damn, I enjoy this a little too much.

Anyway, it's an even number this time, which means it's time for DFC. She would be a kindred soul for Akiha, perhaps, but Rin would utterly and absolutely love her, so let's just make her this girl's Master.

Spoiler:

Counter Guardian Naotake (Naotake no Kaguya-hime)
    Servant: Caster
    Master: Tohsaka Rin

Height: 154.6 cm
    Weight: 45 kg
    Three sizes: 74/55/75

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: A silver-haired yamato nadeshiko. It is easy to use such words to describe this young beauty of surreally smooth features. Her eyes are heartwarmingly gentle in spite of their bloody red color. The faint pink tone of her inviting lips is enough to bring attention to them, for they contrast with her milky skin. She wears an elaborate pink kimono with bamboo and flower motifs and a silk shawl of more vivid red and black tones with the elaborate theme of the full moon rising over a Japanese castle.

Strength E
    Endurance E
    Agility C
    Mana A
    Luck B -> A*
    Noble Phantasm A+
    *Parameter modification due to being summoned by Tohsaka Rin.

Class Skills
    * Item Construction: (lost) – Naotake has no magical training whatsoever. This skill is lost in exchange for full access to her Noble Phantasms.
    * Territory Creation: B – Her combination of Noble Phantasms gives Naotake an edge when it comes to territory design and defense.

Personal Skills
    * Golden Rule: B+ – Riches accumulate naturally around her and her close ones.
    * Immaculate Beauty: A – A spell (curse) inherent to one’s physical appearance which is cast as soon as the target looks at the user. Acknowledged as one of the most beautiful women in history and legend, with ‘hair that shines silver like moonlight’, Kaguya-hime’s Immaculate Beauty, aside of eliciting strong feelings of attachment towards her, subtly urges those enraptured by her appearance to unconsciously hold back when fighting her. All attacks made by afflicted characters lose a Rank, including the damage output of Noble Phantasms. This effect works regardless of the target’s gender, and it requires substantial Magic Resistance (B-rank or higher) to negate.

Noble Phantasms:
    Hinezumi no Kawaginu – Vermilion Garb of the Volcano Spirits (火鼠の皮衣, Robe of Fire Rat)
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The magical cloth made from the fur of fire rats; mythical spirits from Chinese lore. It is an open, loose-fitting, long-sleeved red garment Naotake always wears over her elegant kimono. Unlike Naotake’s other Noble Phantasms, this one was not created by the planet for her sake, but is in fact an ancient artifact she has gained by virtue of the weight of her legend. Crafted by early Buddhist monks near the end of the Age of Gods and kept as a relic in a temple forgotten by history, its power has grown from its original purpose as a means to survive in extremely hot climates. It has become a Conceptual Weapon; it is Naotake’s choice to wear it as an ordinary piece of clothing.

The robe is completely fire-proof. Both the garment and its wearer are completely protected from heat and flame, both natural and supernatural. The robe will never be burnt or even singed. Furthermore, in spite of being made of cloth and fur, it possesses notable defensive properties due to the passage of time increasing its worth as a concept. The robe is able to defect all attacks of C-rank and lower. Like Herakles’ God Hand, this is a protection at the meta-conceptual level that rejects the very definition of ‘C-rank’, meaning Noble Phantasms of rank up to C are also effortlessly neutralized by the robe.

Being crafted from the fur of an animal spirit, the robe’s power can be diminished by anti-spirit effects such as the barrier protecting Ryuudouji.

Hotoke no Miishi no Hachi – The Favors Provided by Moderation in Favor of Indulgence (仏の御石の鉢, Buddha’s Stone Bowl)
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-30
    Maximum number of targets: 50 people

The beautiful stone begging bowl of the Buddha from India, according to the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter. A mysterious object that gleams with unearthly beauty, as if studded with the finest of gems, in spite of being made purely of carved stone. It is a blessing that can only be given to one who will not abandon herself to overindulgence.

Upon invoking its power, the bowl’s magic immediately defines and expands a Bounded Field in which all mana is rapidly depleted and contained within the bowl’s infinite depths. Caster can then use the gathered mana to sustain herself so that she will not be destroyed by the power of her own Noble Phantasm. It would be a truly fearsome ‘Mage-Killer’ and ‘Anti-Servant’ tool were it not for its two strong limitations: the bowl stops working should its owner use the mana within for purposes other than self-sustainment and healing. Furthermore, the bowl also stops working the moment its owner makes any other kind of attack. As an instrument that symbolizes moderation, it also represents the idea of “attacking without attacking”; the power of the powerless. As such, it does not tolerate violence on the part of its holder.

Hourai no Chi – Legend of the Forsaken Moon Princess (蓬莱の血, Blood of Hourai)
    Range: --

The only one of Naotake’s Noble Phantasms that can be attributed exclusively to her and not to a gift from the planet in response to her dreams and wishes. It is the re-conceptualization of the bizarre form of regeneration she was born with as a result of her unique design. A variation of the idea of immortality different from the blessing of the gods and the supernatural hardiness of True Ancestors and Dead Apostles.

Instead of the ‘localized reversion of time’ that regresses the body of a vampire upon receiving an injury, Naotake’s ‘re-initialization of personal time’ is triggered by death. When her body is destroyed beyond her available means of repair, her very existence is ‘restarted’, following an accelerated form of human-like growth and development. Basically, her body is completely restored in the form of a newborn baby, and then rapidly grows back into Naotake’s true form. It was in this form that she was found by her adoptive father, the bamboo cutter, Taketori no Okina.

This seemingly ideal form of immortality is of course not without disadvantages. Naturally, as a toddler, Naotake is completely vulnerable to attack and/or manipulation; during the earliest stage of her rapid growth she is not even aware of her own identity and powers and thus cannot protect herself. There has to be at least something remaining of her body for Naotake to be able to restore herself; complete and utter annihilation of her physical form would destroy her for good just like it does anybody else. Finally, the speed of her growth is tied to the phases of the moon, just like the Curse of Restoration of True Ancestors and Dead Apostles. At the peak of its power during the Full Moon, complete restoration takes approximately 48 hours. During New Moon, restoration would take the entirety of seven days.

Hourai no Tama no Eda – The Bejeweled Tree from the Utopia Where the Sun Never Sets (蓬莱の玉の枝, Jeweled Branch of Hourai)
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: --

A branch from a tree from the island of immortals, Penglai. It is because of this Noble Phantasm that Naotake can create a powerful, defensible territory to act as her Workshop. She also acknowledges this Phantasm as the reason she was probably summoned by Tohsaka Rin, as it is the core of their battle compatibility. It is a treasure from a distant utopia from oriental mythology; an unknown divine mystery created by the planet itself as the embodiment of the ideal of peace and prosperity the humble people of ancient times wished for.

Naotake must first bury the branch in soil rich in mana—the leyline flowing under Tohsaka manor is a perfect location. In the course of 24 hours, a mighty tree—it has the appearance of a small Chinese juniper—grows out of that spot, the extent of its roots defining the edges of Naotake’s new territory.

The obvious magical qualities of the tree are only noticeable from up close thanks to a concealing effect that may fool even other Heroic Spirits, unless they have knowledge of Magecraft. While the presence of the territory will become obvious upon deployment of the Noble Phantasm, the tree’s status as its center and pillar is much harder to realize. To the ignorant, the tree will register in their minds as ‘a tree that was always there’. Within the territory defined by its roots, Caster and up to five allies within the territory receive a rank up in Endurance and Agility (allowing humans to gain physical prowess comparable to the weakest of Heroic Spirits), a significant boost to Armor Class and Saving Throws, and the equivalent of Battle Continuation Rank B.

However, it is the features of the tree itself that make it truly a most miraculous of mysteries. The tree possesses a veritable number of Magic Circuits, and it constantly gathers ambient mana and processes it into prana that it then stores in the gems it grows like fruits. Caster can control the intake of mana, how many jewel-fruits are produced in a period of time and how much prana is stored in each. Naturally, storing large amounts of prana in a large number of gems can take considerable time, depending on the magical richness of the land. When planted on the Tohsaka mansion, the tree of Hourai can grow up to three gems loaded with the prana equivalent of one of the jewels Rin has charged for ten years, in a 24-hour period.

Ryuu no Kubi no Tama —Rainbow-colored Treasure of Dragonkind (龍の頸の玉, Dragon’s Necklace)

A necklace of rainbow-colored gemstones which acts as a symbol of Eastern dragons’ lordship over seas and storms. By wearing this Noble Phantasm, Caster gains the competence in Magecraft necessary to be accepted in that class. The necklace is a ‘mystery that contains mysteries’, and it could be described as an ‘external Thaumaturgical Crest’. It provides its wearer with the knowledge, affinity and competence to use all sorts of Water- and Wind-based spells, as well as the same ‘Transferring of Power’ spells that provide the wearer with all that knowledge and skill in the first place—technically, this would allow Naotake to use the same Jewel Magecraft Rin uses, although most likely not at the same level of skill. The spells compiled within the magical record in the stones allows for an excellent balance of offense, defense and general support—with the aid of this Noble Phantasm, Naotake can perform at a level comparable with the very competent magi from the Age of Gods. The catalog of spells available is greater for those with the blood and blessing of dragons, oriental or not.

Tsubame no Koyasugai – Gift of Everlasting Health (燕の子安貝, Swallow’s Cowrie Shell)

The rumored item to be found in the nest of swallows after laying their eggs. It was believed to be an unfailing charm for fertility, but it has remained as nothing but a folktale, for nobody has ever seen it. After the emergence of the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, the Cowrie has become a symbol of life and health.

The owner of the Cowrie Shell is immune to all poisons, diseases and curses, regardless of their origin. Genetic diseases and curses innate to one’s own existence are not cured by this Noble Phantasm, however. It also proved incapable to resist Matou Sakura’s Cursed Boundary Layer, but this is more because of the nature of Sakura’s ability overcoming the limits of the Noble Phantasm’s protective power.

Background:
    The product of a failed attempt by Crimson Moon to create a pure True Ancestor; a unique existence completely different from both True Ancestors and Dead Apostles. Thought to be powerless and useless due to her separation from the nature of Brunestud, she was tortured to near-death, discarded and left to perish. Her unknown and completely unique regenerative power kept her alive, and she was found by the bamboo cutter in the guise of a baby. She hid with the bamboo cutter and his wife, never showing herself to anybody else in fear that other Dead Apostles might go after her if it was known that she still lived, for that would reveal the unique nature of her powers. When a retinue of Dead Apostles appeared in town, drawn by the tales of her inhuman beauty, Kaguya prayed for the power to protect her beloved people against those who preyed on them and, against all common sense, Alaya did in fact respond. Instead of giving her supernatural powers, it presented her with the mystical objects she had once requested of her suitors, now in the form of Noble Phantasms—the instruments of the legend she was about to forge upon leaving everything she thought precious behind.