Page 68 of 188 FirstFirst ... 18586366676869707378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3745

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    fukken tablet man. typing onthis thing is horrid​ (-,-)
    Though amusing for the rest of us.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep doing so.

Next time someone ask if your drunk, screw around with them by typing out a bunch of random shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith View Post
    Though amusing for the rest of us.
    I would imagine so...what with how I normally pride myself in being articulate.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sylentnight View Post
    Keep doing so.

Next time someone ask if your drunk, screw around with them by typing out a bunch of random shit.
    not in my gentle nature unfortunately xD

Blog Entries
    not in my gentle nature unfortunately xD
    You're gentle? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    You're gentle? :P
    In everything except bed

..unless I feel like makin ​looooove.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sperance View Post
    Well, this is familiar…
    Name: Hiraga Saito.
    You good sir, have just given me two ideas. Do you mind if I make my own Gandalfr servant to complement this stat sheet?

I can relate, I have to post off my cell phone half the time myself.

Blog Entries
    Saito as a Servant makes me feel like a bad person for wondering if Louise would be a Caster with Rank E- Natural Body. 'Perfect for being a Void Mage but never going to develop at all.'

I'd probably give him Guardian Knight as a Personal Skill in all of his classes though - it being more or less a reflection of his purpose. (I was tempted to suggest Protection of the Fairies just to be silly, but Guardian Knight suits him more).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    (I was tempted to suggest Protection of the Fairies just to be silly).
    There actually is a way you could make this part work believably.

Regarding Touma as a Servant, I think it would make sense if the Grail, unable to reconstruct the actual Imagine Breaker, merely reconstructs its legend in the form of a Noble Phantasm. As a result, it would treat other Servants as being "real" rather than "supernatural." Put together like that, I feel that it would only affect things that Gae Dearg (Is that the right one?) would affect, and thus he could be summoned.

Also, you included Rider as a class but didn't include the Zero Fighter as a Noble Phantasm? For shame.

For a moment I thought that he should have the Staff of Destruction as Archer, but he only used that once so it probably wouldn't be *his* Noble Phantasm.

As for stalling the 70,000, I think it would reflect the event better if it was something along the lines of preventing any enemy from getting past him so long as he's alive or maintaining the phantasm, rather than keeping them from going where he doesn't want them. That's probably what you meant, but as phrased it's a little... broken. Plus Gandalfr should probably be a Noble Phantasm, because of how important it is. As a skill, it should probably be represented as Eternal Arms Mastery (False). [/Rambling]

Anyway, I was considering making Gun God as Rider, but I'm not quite familiar enough with Notes to figure out what his "ride" (the thing he flew into battle against TYPE Venus and TYPE... Saturn I think it was?) would do as a Noble Phantasm...
    Last edited by Arkanian; June 7th, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
    We knew the forum would not be the same. A few people , a few people , most people were . I remembered the line from the Nasu scripture, the Fate/Complete Material... "Now, I am become Death, the derailer of threads."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkanian View Post
    I think it would make sense if the Grail, unable to reconstruct the actual Imagine Breaker, merely reconstructs its legend in the form of a Noble Phantasm.
    Sense is made here. You are genius.

Al will not devour you for dinner this day.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

I saw the entry on Touma+the resulting posts and just had to stop lurking to set a few things straight. Touma is NOT immune to mental attacks, he actually has to touch his head to dispel it. One of the recent books had him being mentally paralyzed, though I don't remember the exact details. He could be killed by a prana-burst propelled, nonmagical weapon as long as it's being moved like a bullet and not like a rocket (no continuous propulsion). Once physics takes over, the arm's useless. Essentially, all Imagine Breaker is is an "off button" for magic.

Can I post historical figures in here or is that another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Iseal View Post
    Anything goes, historic, anime, movie.

Whatever.

I made one for Simio Haiha a while back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseal View Post
    I saw the entry on Touma+the resulting posts and just had to stop lurking to set a few things straight. Touma is NOT immune to mental attacks, he actually has to touch his head to dispel it. One of the recent books had him being mentally paralyzed, though I don't remember the exact details. He could be killed by a prana-burst propelled, nonmagical weapon as long as it's being moved like a bullet and not like a rocket (no continuous propulsion). Once physics takes over, the arm's useless. Essentially, all Imagine Breaker is is an "off button" for magic.

It's allowed in both this thread and the Create-a-Servant thread in Gen Discussion here. I've never been clear why there's two, but there's been an unofficial push towards moving the historical Servants there and doing more fictional or anime/manga stuff here though. ^^; But there's nothing wrong with using this one, it's really personal preference.

Blog Entries
    Post in each thread at a time you think your Servant will receive maximum attention to increase your forum power. It's what I do.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

I'd like to thank sperance for inspiring me to make this up.
    Spoiler:

Title: The Gandalfr
    Class: (Fake)Saber/Lancer/Rider/Archer/Berserker, this servant can only be summoned by the Caster's Brimir or Louise Françoise without a reagent. Otherwise, the summoner is required to use a personal possession owned by the servant or closely associated with it's legends to act as a catalyst.

True Name: Hiraga Saito/Sasha
    Alignment: Neutral Good

History: Known throughout Halkeginian and Elven legends by many names such as The Left Hand of God, Ivaldi and Saint Anubis; the Gandalfr is a figure that is as well known as the Founder Brimir but generally better liked by the Elves and commoners. As no physical description survives from the time of its original legends aside from the testament of Saito Hiraga, the Gandalfr's successor, claiming her to be a young elf woman by the name of Sasha. The hero often becomes the ideal beauty of the people telling the stories. Two constants throughout however, is that the Gandalfr preferred dual wielding a longsword and spear and its left hand would glow in battle.

While legends of the Gandalfr's are impressive, ranging from the tales of defeating armies, slaying dragons and dueling elves in single combat; the most amazing fact is one that became known only to the Gandalfr's after their deaths. The runes engraved on their hands not only bind their service to their masters, but also entwine their souls to each other over the six Millenia separating them. When summoned they normally act as a dual entity, with one half dormant as the other is active in their place. Under special circumstances, such as the influence of a command seal, both can be active at the same time but this still puts extreme strain on the master as they are effectively supporting two servants.

Parameters

(Hiraga Saito)
    Strength: E (B+)
    Endurance: D (C+)
    Agility: E (A)
    Mana: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A+

(Sasha)
    Strength: D (A) (A+)*
    Endurance: D (B) (A)*
    Agility: C (A) (A+)*
    Mana: E-A*
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: B
    *Mad Enchantment

Class Skills

(Both)
    All Classes
    Magic Resistance: A. Derived from a medallion enchanted with Spirit magic, cancels spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi.

(Saito)
    As Rider: Riding: D (B). Can ride most riding animals, and vehicles to a lesser extent, but if the vehicle falls under the category of weapon, his riding is boosted.

(Sasha)
    As Berserker: Mad Enchantment:C. Caused by the rage from the betrayal of her master when he attempted to use her to genocide her people with the Lifdrasil runes. Sasha gets a Rank up for all parameters except Luck and Mana, but in exchange can no longer think and speak properly. When used Mana drops to E.*

Personal Skills

(Both)
    Battle Continuation: C. Able to fight past the point where most others would have died and can take one more action before their death.
    Bravery: A. Can ignore any kind of mental interference while in battle and provides bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.*
    Guardian Knight: B. The entire purpose of the Gandalfr was to protect its master from harm, this motivation grants a temporary rank up of all parameters except Mana, as long as this servant is defending its master.

(Saito)
    Uncrowned Arms Mastership: D Arms competency that was not recognized by those of noble birth. To opponents, the rank of his sword, spear, bow, and riding appears to be one degree lower than what it actually is. If his true name is revealed, this effect will be terminated.

(Sasha)
    Protection of the Fairies: A Sasha is capable of forming a contact with Elementals and receive their blessing; giving the capacity to increase one's Mana and Luck in dangerous situations. Activation is limited to battlefields, where it is possible to perform feats of arms. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.*

Noble Phantasms

Derflinger: The Devourer of Magi
    Derflinger is a sapient longsword forged by the first Gandalfr Sasha, using elven spirit magic and is capable of absorbing prana. The time needed to absorb a spell is proportional to the strength of the attack and stored energy can be expelled in the form of a prana burst. Derflinger can be broken by a spell of ‘A’ strength or above; but its sapience will travel to a near by sword, which will gain all its attributes and rank after one day.

Shaitan's Gate: Armory of the Gandalfr
    The manifestation of the combined legends of both Gandalfr's throughout their lifetimes, it contains every weapon they ever possessed in battle. Notable items include the Staff of Destruction, Dragon's Remnant, Tiger II tank, Flak 88, and Ostland; along with countless other weapons that graced this servant's hands over the course of their lives. Both Saito and Sasha are however limited to using only the weapons they wielded in their lifetimes and can not take from the others stockpile unless they also used that weapon in life.

Gandalfr: The Left Hand of God
    These are the familiar runes that marks Saito and Sasha as the Gandalfr, one of the four legendary void familiar's. When active it provides a massive boost in combat ability, as well as mastery over any and all weapons in existence regardless of origin. This affect does have two conditions that must be met in order to activate; first the wielded weapon must have been intended for combat upon its creation and second, the weapon must be in physical contact with the servant.

Think I'll start with a fictional char then. Spoilers for series finale.

Servant Class: Berserker/Assassin/Rider

Name: Second/Gasai Yuno

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Story:
    An alternate Yuno who did not sacrifice herself at the end of the second game. She continued to turn back time again and again to be with her beloved Yukiteru. After many cycles, she grew tired of the repetitiveness and began to seek another path. As the only human alive, Yuno's perception of herself as the main character of her life caused her to enter the Throne of Heroes. Gasai Yuno has placed all her hopes on winning the Holy Grail War and finding her True Happy End with Amano Yukiteru.

Stats:
    Strength:
    B (A) / C+ / B
    Endurance: B (A) / C / B
    Agility: B (A) / B / A
    Mana: C / C / B
    Luck: E / D / C

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement:
    C- (Berserker)
    This skill was a result of an intensely single-minded devotion rather than insanity, thus the modifier.

Presence Concealment: A (Assassin)
    Almost impossible to detect without a form of precognition. Once preparations to attack are completed, the skill's effectiveness deteriorates.

Riding: E/X (Rider)
    This servant's fame in riding was of a less conventional sort. Allows man-made vehicles to be operated at full potential.

Personal Skills:

Divinity:
    B
    The ruler of a different world, her powers are limited to strengthening those allied with her in this world.

Eye of the Mind (True): C
    A technique refined by living through multiple cycles of her life. Able to recognize signs and patterns to predict the outcome.

Mental Pollution: C
    Provides a probability that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective. Preventing the servant from pursuing her beloved may cause the rank to rise. May be lowered to original value by eliminating the offender.

Protection from Throwing Weapons: B
    Able to intercept any thrown weapon with her knife so long as it is noticed before impact. Does not apply to attacks with large area of effect. (Still available as Berserker)

Noble Phantasm:
    Line to my Beloved -Future Diaries-:
    EX
    A collection of cell phones with the ability to view the future. Each has a unique limitation to the ability. Abilities are randomly assigned when drawn and can be exchanged after a battle has concluded. Only able to view events surrounding Amano Yukiteru if summoned as Berserker. Only able to view events generally related to successful assassination and escapes if summoned as Assassin. Destruction of this Noble Phantasm results in major damage or death.

Power of a God -Deus ex Machina-: A+
    Grants control over the events of any type of game she has won in this summoning. Resistable by Luck stat or a history of defying fate.

I'm not good at stat balance, I'd love it if you gave me some tips. The luck stats are supposed to reflect how close she is in personality to the Yuno in the epilogue. The first NP is EX because it's completely random what comes out as long as it's within the limitations.

Familiar of Zero, WHY SO POPULAR ;;

No seriously I never got into the series so these Saiga sheets are lost on me, which means I can't feel qualified to comment on them OR the perennial Touma debate. However they have kind of inspired me to do my own shounen sheets because dammit I want in on the fun.

But first, some comments on Diomedes from two pages ago!

...DIOMEDES IS AWESOME SEIKA WINS.

...No seriously that's the extent of my criticism and commentary because anything further would just develop into squealing like a giddy little fangirl. That's a really clever concept and one that seems like it would play out very well in a variety of settings (RPs, fic, you-name-it). He's at that sweet spot where he's powerful enough to be threatening, but not so much so that you can't have him get eaten by the proverbial bigger fish for drama's sake, and his abilities are genuinely kind of cool. Well played.

I feel bad, again, skipping over so many following profiles but- I haven't seen/read/played any of the media involved, so I can't accurately judge how well they're set up. From what I remember of Zero, Gandalfr should definitely be a Phantasm and I'm iffy on throwing around a Gate-of-Suck Phantasm in the second Saito/Sasha profile- not because it doesn't fit, I can't judge that at all given I don't know what half those things are, but more because Gandalfr is more or less poor man's Knight of Honor already, and it doesn't behoove the poor guy to look too much like he's borrowing abilities other Servants have better versions of.

And now for some silly.

Magnificent treasures! Fantastic Beasts! Forgotten lands! Evil enclaves! The word "unknown" holds a kind of magic. There are those who are drawn to it above all else. They are known...

...AS HUNTERS.

Servant: Berserker (False)

True Name: Gon Freecs

Parameters-

Strength: B+ (B++++)
    Agility: B (B+++)
    Endurance: C (B++)
    Magic: B
    Luck: C

Class Sklls-

Mad Enhancement- E (A+)- The Servant's sanity is exchanged for a boost in parameters. At this rank, however, the Servant is not normally 'mad' and the enhancement is not significant. The Servant seems unusually child-like and impulsive, but it is hard to tell whether it's the result of this skill or the Servant's way of life.

Personal Skills-

Animal Dialogue- C- Capable of communication with beings who do not possess spoken language. At this rank, intentions may be clearly understood even though true conversation is impossible.

Eye of Mind (Fake)- D- Sixth sense allowing for the tracking of combat. A result of the Servant's training and natural abilities, but not born solely from experience in battle.

Way of Nen- B- A martial art which seeks to control the flow of the body's energy and manipulate it, centered on the four principles of Ten, Zetsu, Ren, and Hatsu. In Reinforcement types, allows the equivalent of "prana burst" of an equal rank, as well as refined combat instincts, and the ability to sense auras and detect supernatural occurrences.

Noble Phantasm

Jajanken- Rock, Paper, Rock!- Anti-Unit- B- Not properly a Noble Phantasm, but instead "the culmination of training". Berserker's training in the use of "Nen" allows him to manifest an aura, which he can expends to perform a long-range prana burst attack, a mid-range sweeping cut with a blade of aura, and most devastatingly a quick strike with his fist at close range- a strike with enough power to launch a dodgeball with the force of a cannon. "Nen" is a form of aura generated by the Servant naturally, converted from prana into a secondary form of energy unrecognized by the World as being magecraft or Magic of any sort, and thus this skill bypasses "Magic Resistance", instead taking physical defenses only into account. Berserker's immense physical strength despite his youth is a combination of both an inborn natural amount of power and his Nen training, which this is the the culmination of. The Rank of this skill maybe be increased if Berserker is trained until his abilities mature.

False Maturing- In one Moment, Vengeance- Ant-Unit (Self)- A- The ability which qualifies the otherwise peaceful and friendly Berserker for a class known for madness. When compelled to through a command seal or simply forced to the brink emotionally and physically, Berserker may 'snap' and unconsciously invoke this Phantasm to replicate his greatest feat as a Nen-user. Berserker's body ages from that of a young child to a man in his prime, unconsciously fulfilling his desire for "the strength to take revenge", but at the cost of burning through his lifespan at an accelerated rate, consuming the Master's prana at an exponentially higher level than before. His Mad Enhancement also Ranks-Up, his parameters are increased (stats listed), and his Nen abilities temporarily become perfected, allowing him to defeat enemies which he would have had an exceptional amount of difficulty against before in one strike. False Maturing, once its effects wear out, reduces Berserker to his child-like state again at the end of the current battle and completely drains his prana reserves, destabilizing his spiritual body as well.

...aaand that wasn't quite as fun as I'd hoped but I'm a huge HxH fan, so I figured whynot. Last event is manga-only and sadly had to be included to make any class work for Gon, I really didn't want to given it's the most out-of-nowhere bizarre thing I have ever seen.
    Last edited by ScarletWeather; June 8th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Well, ILurkNoMoar, I actually like your Saito more than mine XD. I decided to not make the Zero fighter a Noble Phantasm because, well, aside from a preserving charm, I don't remember it having anything special. Damn, I don't think it was even used after the first or second seasons. While it was pretty unique I don't think it qualified. Also, about the Invisble Thing in the Touma entry, it's been a while since I read the novel, but I think it was what curbstomped Fiama of the Right. So yeah.

While I see Yuno as an Assassin or Berserker, I don't actually get the Rider thing. It's... it's a sex pun, isn't it? Goddammit I need to polish my English

Blog Entries
    Hmmm~ So for the truly fictional is here? Aight, i have one in store that is 20% Idolmaster, 20% roleplay, and 60% conjunction. OC DO NOT STEAL lololololol (no, not really)

==================

Orange★Rock Shooter
    "Where would you go...?"

Spoiler:

Image (c) aerodog @ pixiv

On a faraway land, the hero steps into another war.
    Something peculiar happened in this particular summoning ritual. For reasons unknown, it is this Heroic Spirit who heeds the Summoning instead of the expected spirit corresponding to the reagent used in the ritual. Her body is those of a sixteen-year old twin-tail haired maiden, but her numerous scars belie a harsh past of numerous battles. She also is a fearsome combatant, excelling both in long- and close-range combat. She never disclosed her past, but is it truly to maintain the secrecy of the Holy Grail War...?

Possible Class: Archer, Saber
    Master: ???

Parameters:
    * Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    * Noble Phantasm: A
    * Strength: D++
    * Endurance: D++
    * Agility: B++
    * Mana: C
    * Luck: E

Class Skills:
    * Independent Action A
    (Archer-specific skill)
    This skill reflects the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At this rank, ORS can remain in this world for a week even after losing his Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary.
    * Magic Resistance C+ (A+ if summoned into the Saber class)
    The blessing of gods made ORS capable of negating most magic attacks, and this resistance is further augmented if she is under the sunlight. ORS is unique in the respect of having a variable base rank in this skill.

Personal skills:
    * Divinity (Sun) C+
    ORS does not actually have the blood of the divine, but the actions and charity in her life has made her blessed by the Sun God. With this skill, ORS gains extra defenses when under sunlight, as well as having an improved attack towards Servants without the Divinity (Sun) skill.[1]
    * Prana Burst (Fire) B
    By injecting Prana into them, ORS can coat her weapons in orange fire and deal extra damage (this effect extends to munitions). When using this skill, ORS' left eye will glow with orange fire.
    * Clairvoyance C+
    This skill reflects superior visual perception. Supplement long-range aiming and increases dynamic vision. Furthermore, at higher ranks it is possible to acquire precognition ("see into the future") and other forms of perception that are beyond normal eyesight (X-ray vision and the sorts). At this rank, ORS is capable of keeping track of fast-moving object within a range of 4kms; this range doubles when ORS is under sunlight. When using this skill, ORS' right eye will glow with orange fire.
    * Eye for Art (Verse/Song) C
    This skill reflects an intense mastery towards an art form, in ORS' case songs of all sorts. With a successful Luck check, there is as much as 40% chance that ORS can discern an origin of an activation aria of a Noble Phantasm which has a rythmic or lyrical component in it. [1][2]

Noble Phantasms:
    * Rock Shooter [The Prominence on Earth]
    Anti-Unit/Anti-Army
    A large firearm which neither mechanism nor material seem to have been invented on present-day Earth. It is highly versatile, capable of firing smaller bullets that cover a large area or a single intense beam of destruction. It seems to use prana in propeling its projectiles, but perhaps only ORS can understand it to the fullest.
    * Nichirin Seiken [The Edge that Bears The Glint of Sunlight] [3]
    Anti-Unit
    A katana said to be forged with the divine sunfire of Amaterasu. It is a formidable and dependable close-combat weapon, moreso if used under the sun that gives it form. Like the aforementioned Rock Shooter, both its component and make is unknown except to its wielder.
    * Eye of the Sun [The Sun Gazes Back Upon The Enemy]
    Support
    By channeling the power of the sun, ORS improves her physical parameters by one to three degrees depending to the current alignment of the sun (invoking this at night does not reduce its power, however). Her phantasms also improve in damage immensely, effectively turning her already considerable combat abilities straight up the supernatural level even by Servant standards. However, this immense power comes at a price: It can only be invoked for a maximum of 24 minutes in a 24-hour period (though the duration need not be continious), and for each minute of activation ORS will go comatose for half an hour at the end of the day.

=============
    Notes:
    [1] These skills are more specific versions compared to the Nasuverse counterpart. I feel that the vanilla version of Divinity is too broad in scope.
    [2] Skill description tailored to fit, since its Nasuverse counterpart does not extend past rank E.
    [3] The intended translation is "Holy Sword of The Sun".

Balance goes out of the window~

So, this is actually Yayoi Takatsuki (from Idolmaster) mashed together with Black★Rock Shooter and the Nasuverse!Karna. Why so many canon collision, you'd ask? It stems from a twitter roleplay, in which Yayoi somehow summoned Karna as her Servant (that author was a bit on crack, true). The artwork itself has existed for some time in pixiv, of which i took inspiration from. This is basically the Yayoi who went Shirou after her time with Karna, and would later be summoned by an unwitting magus.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; June 8th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.