Page 77 of 188 FirstFirst ... 27677275767778798287127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3745

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damned elven wenches.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Author View Post
    Black Mage would be a terrible Caster, he has the worst luck ever, and he gets roflstomped more times than anyone else in 8BT.
    he still cubstomps everything and everyone except for Fighter though, just not when its comic relief time xD and theorethically his hadoken might not even cost the master any prana, consideringg it works by absorbing the "love" of the world , which could translate into nasuverse rules as it using the prana of the world/gaia. also his secodn NP could be some stabbity death^^ and hey, Lancers have just a smuch bad luck a shim and are still awesome^^

on another topic, has someone already done a Profile for the Azure Knight? If not then i would do that soon, since his legend is quite awesome and badass. (i mean he blocked a lighting from God, and made God cry... his Sword Himmelsschmerz is said to have had the power to cut the Air after that. not sure yet how this would work in NP-form, but it could have an effect similar to the way Gil uses Enuma Elish msot of the Time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Poetica View Post
    Hmm...

Heroic Spirit: The Slender Man

Possible Servant Classes:
    Berserker, Lancer, Assassin
    Alignment: N/A
    Strength: C+++
    Endurance: C+++
    Agility: B+++
    Mana: D+++
    Luck: C+++
    (The younger the opponent's physical appearance the higher the rank-up.)

Personal Skills:

Instinct: A
    Information Erasure: B
    Mental Pollution: EX
    Monstrous Strength: A

Noble Phantasms:

Marble Hornets: A:
    The Slender Man has the ability to manipulate and transport himself between the flora and foliage.

Everyman HYBRID: B:
    The Slender Man is capable of inducing rank-downs in his opponents to varying degrees so long as they can see him. If he is summoned as Assassin, his lack of a visual presence induces this effect.

Tribe Twelve: A: The Slender Man can lengthen his limbs and even increase the number of limbs on his body. As an abomination, his form is only human so long as his opponents do not understand his existence. While using this ability, his existence becomes rapidly inhuman and threatens to overwhelm the mental capacities of human beings present.

Just Another Fool: B: While other Servants can derive energy from souls, the Slender Man can maintain his existence indefinitely through rumors started in methods akin to TATARI or simply through physical consumption of prepubescent youth.

Spoiler:
    Oh god he's everywhere! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! WHY?! They're EVERYWHERE! Yggdra-

So far be it from me to derail the whole Simo Hayha thing in favor of commenting on this little profile, but as silly and overplayed as the meme is at this point I'm not ashamed to admit that I find creepypasta cheesy delicious (which is weird since I honestly can't stand things like the Zalgo meme, etc.) And my comment here really boils down to...

...If you're going to profile Slenderman, don't be this lazy.

Okay, I guess I shouldn't say lazy, it's not like making a Servant profile takes five hours of dedicated work or that you put no thought at all into this one. Minimalist is probably a better word- incidentally I'll leave the Lord Ao thing mostly dead and buried but your absolute refusal to describe any of his Phantasms in more than the most generic terms bugged me there too, especially when your follow-up posts made it clear that you'd actually thought a great deal about what you were going for with the character (and as much as I dislike Lord Ao I can respect that). If you're going to make Slenderman a Servant- Slender-freaking-meme- you have to do more than just, for want of a better word, copy-paste popular ARG and blog names for Phantasms and then assign them to abilties everyone and their mother already knows he has. No, there's nothing wrong with it- if Slenderman was a real monster summoned by a corrupt Grail, this would certainly all be within the realms of possibility. It's just that you spread it across four Phantasms when many should be unlisted or fall under personal skills (notably Self-Modification is an obvious one you missed), and as a result this profile looks really bare-bones and doesn't do the concept justice.

So yeah my complaint is less meme-Servant and more that you could have done so much more with this concept and... didn't.

And really, no effect reducing Sanity instead of parameters by spreading Mental Pollution? For shame. If I were a magus attempting to summon this guy for some reason I know that would be the first thing I'd want him for.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

I live in the fiery depths of an Octopus's garden in the SHADE!
    In my defense, I thought the problem with Lord Ao was that he was too much of a Gary Stu to be taken seriously. With Slender Man, I didn't want to go too far. It appears that I have gone from one end of the spectrum of extremes to the opposite and did something almost half-hearted here.
    A profound assessment of fanfiction, in general.

Apparently, I'm okay at writing quests. Neat.

Basically I have no problems whatsoever with any profile detailing anything- as long as it's QUALITY. There are premises which make no sense, but a well-executed piece of nonsense works better than a poorly-executed anything.

And really, SlenderMan was what got me on the creepytrip that eventually led me to TheLittleFears, who I have nothing bad to say about. So it makes me sad when he shows up in a place he probably shouldn't be and there isn't even enough in the profile to properly wtf over.

(Or in other words: 'tis better to write content which sucks, than have no content at all)
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're using the wrong kind of "quality" there, Scarlet. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I live in the fiery depths of an Octopus's garden in the SHADE!
    Your terms and statements are noted. Next time, I won't half-ass it.
    A profound assessment of fanfiction, in general.

Apparently, I'm okay at writing quests. Neat.

Blog Entries
    First post here, so hopefully it doesn't suck too much. And I saw a Servant profile for Dean Winchester, so if whoever made that hasn't watched Series 4 yet this will be a major spoiler for the ones afterward.

Castiel
    "All roads lead to the same destination."

Classes: Archer, Assassin, Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Strength: B-
    Endurance: A+
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: C+

Class Skills:
    Independent Action: A

Personal Skills:
    Repulsion Sealing: B+
    Using his vast knowledge of anti-demon and anti-angel magic Castiel can use his knives to draw sigils on any surface. The less powerful seals will hold any demonic pawn that was summoned by another and are automatic, requiring only that the target steps over the boundaries and into the circle. There are also spells that are engraved onto the ribs of whoever wishes it to done to prevent any half-hearted attempt at scrying or tracking them down.

The more powerful seals are used to repel the more powerful examples of those who turned to evil or others of an angelic nature. Activated by blood and also drawn with it, they require line-of-sight or direct exposure to the elements to work.

Vitrification: A
    Clarity: C+: This grants Castiel the Clairvoyance skill given by the same rank and also gives him the ability to perceive the existence of abominations and other supernatural creatures.

Battle Continuation: A

Noble Phantasms:
    Holy White Light: B-: With the energy left over from the souls absorbed from Purgatory, Castiel can project beams which can then be utilized as either projectile weapons or to manifest the pair of interlocking gladius shortswords he uses.

Rebellion's Blades: C (B): Two blades with seals forged into the handles that prevent use by someone who does not have Castiel's express approval. They are integral to his seals and style of combat, able to form a shortened staff when the extensions are triggered. This increases the rank and general capabilities of the Noble Phantasm by one.

Soldier of God: EX: Using his own blood and prana a day before the technique's execution to prepare a certain area with the ritual that the Leviathans unintentionally left knowledge of in his mind, Castiel traces a seal in the air before smashing through it and exposing his wings to all who can see before taking off 45 metres into the air and descending at full speed and power, something that takes slightly less than a second to achieve. Due to his True form being somewhere near 319 metres tall the impact possesses unbelievable power, leaving a crater behind that is at least 15 yards long in every direction and just as deep. The prana usage is such that if his Master had no other way of replenishing his energy the Exchange Ritual would need to begin within an hour at most to prevent Castiel fading too much to recover.

Inspired by Faith: E~EX: If someone has faith in any religion with what he would perceive as 'true' angels, archangels or God Castiel's prana is restored by being in their company, albeit rather slowly. The regeneration rate increases depending on the purity of their faith, though.

--------

That's just his Archer skillset listed, with major modifications to what he has and a few additions from myself otherwise the Saint of Killers would be envious about the overpoweredness he has. Also not how he looks in Supernatural by far, since I can't find any very good pictures to directly link to here of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    You're using the wrong kind of "quality" there, Scarlet. :P
    Double meaning semi-intentional in this case. I guess I could get behind a Slenderman profile if it was actually done, but the subject material itself just lends itself to the kind of BS I don't like even in fleshed-out profiles, etc.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, here is my latest attempt at this. A Servant from Shadow of the Colossus. Something I was just dabbling with in my spare time, so it may not be as detailed as it should.

Needless to say, if you haven't beaten the game...spoilers.

Class: Archer

Servant Stats:

Spirit: The Wanderer

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

N. Phantasm: C

Strength: C

Mana: D

Endurance: A+

Luck: D

Class Skills:

Independent Action: B

Magic Resistance: D

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation: D
    -Makes it possible to fight even with fractured or broken bones.-

Monstrous Strength: Dormin: Ex
    -This skill is divided into sixteen stages, with each stage comes more strength at the cost of Wander’s humanity and health. Wander cannot choose which stage he wishes to be at, as this skill will continuously progress against his will once activated. This power comes from the influence of a dark god. As such Wander will gain a small amount of Divinity in the higher stages, contrary to the usual effects of this skill, maxing (normally) at an equivalent of a ‘C’ Rank.

The sixteenth and final stage is normally inaccessible. The only way to unlock it is through the use of Wander’s Noble Phantasm.-

Riding: C+
    -Most vehicles can be handled with average skill. However, Wander’s skills with a horse are second-to-none.

Noble Phantasms:

Ancient’s Sword [Completion of the Forbidden Ritual]: C (Ex) – A Noble Phantasm in the shape of an ornamental sword. The sword by itself is nothing special, simply a well-crafted weapon, but it was once a tool used in a long forgotten ritual. By invoking this Noble Phantasm (piercing the sigil inscribed on his cloak, along with his body), Wander can recreate the results of the ritual that he once participated in: summoning a sealed god by allowing it to possess his body. This has the effect of maxing out Wander’s ‘Monstrous Strength’ skill and granting him a Divinity level of ‘A’, something that cannot be managed otherwise. In this state Wander is the equivalent of a Berserker, nothing but a Command Spell being able to get through to him. Wander will remain under the dark god’s influence until his prana stores reach critical levels, at which point he will be reduced to an infantile state until he is able to recharge. –
    Last edited by Alulim; July 5th, 2012 at 04:36 AM.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Al. Dood.
    This needs to be written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Al. Dood.
    This needs to be written.
    There's nothing to write. This does not coincide with an idea.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    There's nothing to write. This does not coincide with an idea.
    ;~;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I said i'd d it so i'll do it.

Black Mage
    39797-174784-BlackMagebyCyantrepng-620x.jpg
    " If there was a way to get magic for free, do you really think I'd have spent so much time sacrificing children to my Dark Gods? For spells, I mean. Obviously there'd still be sacrifices. A hobby's a hobby."

Class: Caster / Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Magical Energy: A+
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Skills:
    Charisma E: the Ability to command a large army through Fear. Charisma is extremely low due to the bad smell that may or may not cme from his Magic Ingredients.

Battle Continuation A: the Ability to stay alive despite Grave Wounds. Largely due to him beeign used to the Pain.

Face of Madness B: whoever sees the Servant witotu his Hat and fully sees his face will suffer from Mental Pollution. the amount of Damage depends on the Magic Resistance and the Willpower.

Magecraft A: is knowledgeable about a wide range of destructive Spells. Inlcudes mainly destructive Elemental (Fire) spells.

Stabbing A: has mastered the act of Stabbing an enemy or ally with a knife to such a degree that it is almost on the level of magecraft. If BM gets summoned as a Berserker, he will be unable to use any Magecraft, and the Stabbing will instead be promoted to his Noble Phantasm under the name of "Stabbity Death".

(mad Enhancement D: when summoned as a Berserker, the ability for complicated thinkign and thereofre all magecraft is lost, but every Attribute except Magical Energy and Luck go up by 1 rank.)
    Noble Phantasm:
    Hadoken!:
    A highly destructive beam of pure destruction fired from BM's palms. It is strogn enough to turn High Buildings to ashes. Due to the Spell beeing fueled by "Love" instead of mana, its costs are relatively low. however, it can only be used once a day.

Ultimate Evil:
    a Special Form in which the Servant is powered by his excessive evil. Every Attack is A+ rank and of Dark elemental attribute, however the mana-costs on the Summoner is outrageous.

(dont take this one too seriously)
    Last edited by Break; July 6th, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...ayne-3-008.jpg

Max Payne

Class: Archer
    Alignment: True Neutral

Strength:
    C
    Endurance: A
    Mana: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills

Independent Action: A+. Max has seen his wife and baby girl slaughtered by junkies, his comrades and wards offed in various gruesome ways, and his own self be perforated thousands upon thousands of times. You can't say he's living right now, but he certainly isn't dead. Servant can stay in the world without a master, but needs another source of prana to activate their Noble Phantasm.

Magic Resistance:
    E. Max can take blows, but he can't outright keep them from hitting him. Magic damage is merely reduced somewhat.

Personal Skills

Battle Continuation: D+. Servant is 3x more durable than the average man. Servant can consume a bottle's worth of painkillers for instantaneous healing of most wounds, and can carry 9 bottles of painkillers at a time. If damage is too much, some wounds will still be left.

Firearms Mastery:
    B. Servant is proficient in using firearms of any sort. Any firearms held by this servant become E-level Noble Phantasms.

Noble Phantasm

Bullettime: Efficient Execution: B. Anti-Army. Servant slows down time to the degree that a healthy human moves at the pace of a slug. The effect applies to the servant as well, which essentially boils this NP down to majorly enhanced reflexes. Useful for aiming at weak points. Effect lasts for 45 seconds.
    Last edited by DecieverSupreme; July 6th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    I like it. It looks good, the skills are not unbalanced.

But one thing, sense he uses firearms instead of hand to hand, consider exchanging his Strength for his Agility. Archers are not known for excelling in hand to hand combat.

Sense Firearms can't actually even hurt a Servant, consider adding a clause to firearm mastery that any firearm he picks up and uses is a NP of E-D strength or something along those lines.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    ​Strength A? That's Hercules level. His stats are way too high.

A good first attempt though.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Mmm...always thought strength correlated to how much damage the servant could dish out, but that's clearly not the case. Of course, even if strength = attack, it might have been too generous...perhaps a B or C would have been a better descriptor.
    Last edited by DecieverSupreme; July 6th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DecieverSupreme View Post
    Mmm...always thought strength correlated to how much damage the servant could dish out, but that's clearly not the case. Of course, even if strength = attack, it might have been too generous...perhaps a B or C would have been a better descriptor.
    I'd say drop his strength to D or C.

Keep his Agility at C or bring it up to B at most.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    His strength is more like how much brute physical force he has.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.