Thread: Fate/Buddy Cop

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fate/Buddy Cop

Since it seems people were actually interested in a FSN Buddy Cop premise (past the initial premise)... Well... Here it is. I'll be writing this during my other fics downtime so don't expect Arashi-level updates. But we'll see where we go with this. Flames and comments always welcome ^_^

Contents:

Prologue: The Cold Open
    Chapter 1: Professional Arts Procurer

Fate/Buddy Cop

- Cold Open -

Emiya Shirou walked up the long stone steps towards the enterence of the Fuyuki Museum of History. The engineer must have enjoyed his Greco-Roman architecture because the towering pillars and all seeing statues would have fit right into Shakespeare's Julia Caesar. Looking along the sides of the large stone building, there were gigantic posters advertising the upcoming Gala this weekend. Something about Fuyuki’s three symbols of power finally returning or whatnot. He never really had time for frivolities like that. Cocktail parties and art festivals were things for the upper crust people with too much money on their hands. For him, he’d gladly trade those things for a decent drink and a good night’s sleep.

Finally getting underneath the museum’s archway, he took off his soaked fedora. It had been raining for what had felt like weeks on this dreary February morning. Looking at the large crowd of reporters mobbing the entrance, it looked like it was going to get worse. Giving a sigh, he pushed his way past the mob of reporters to the front of the crowd. Looking at the lone officer guarding the door, he guessed the kid just stepped out of the academy. Shirou didn’t recognize the rookie but from his slightly jittery posture, he looked less than a month on the job.

He raised his badge, “Detective Emiya Shirou.”

The officer glanced at his face before lifting the police tape and letting him through. He hadn’t even bothered looking at the badge. Evidently, his reputation even filtered down to the new recruits. That wasn’t good...

Walking through the ornate doors, he left the rookie and reporters behind him for the heated lobby inside. Taking off his wet trenchcoat, he examined the two story lobby.

In the center was a large globe of the world half submerged into the floor. Walking into the center of the lobby, he saw the construction company must have switched architects midway through construction. Though still made mostly of the same stone and granite materials the inside walls now switched to a nice Victorian flower motif. There were four exits per floor into the various sections of the museum from this cavernous main lobby. Above one entrance were the words “New Exhibition Coming Soon” in gigantic block letters.

Underneath that entrance was a flurry of activity as various uniforms and CSUs came to and from the stone archway. Standing underneath, with a cup of coffee in each hand, was his partner.

Due to police regulations, he no longer wore his cassock (priest clothes) anymore. In exchange, he simply wore the same completely midnight black attire Every Single Day. He hadn’t even bothered to change out his same old Navy blue jacket or golden cross. Shirou often joked that the fist-sized cross he wore acted more like a target than any divine protection.

As he moved with tempered haste, the former priest began to turn towards him.

“Oh please don’t. Don’t you do it. Don’t you dare,” thought Shirou urgently.

Finally spotting his partner the tall man spoke, “EMIYA SHIROU!”

His voice cut straight through the ambient noise and rebounded and echoed across the lobby. For a long moment, all eyes turned towards the two of them; Even the reporters outside seemed to have stopped talking. All Shirou could do was rub his forehead in annoyance.

It wasn’t really Kotomine’s fault. For most men it took an effort to annoy someone; something that could be switched on or off. It just so happens Kotomine was born with no switch. Whether it was with perps, uniforms, or his own partner, he got under their skin. He even had the power to make the great “Saber” scream in annoyance. However, it made him great in interrogations; maybe it was all that time in confessionals.

After that deafening silence, life returned to normal. By now, even the most junior of officers were accustomed to “the priest’s” outbursts. Walking over towards Shirou, Kotomine handed him a cup of coffee. He took the cup but ignored the priest's greetings. He'd done this dance enough times to know mentioning his annoying tics and behaviours only encouraged him. Instead, he returned to the business at hand.

“So where’s our vic?” asked Shirou.

“Over here,” motioned Kotomine.

They walked through the stone walkway into the new exhibit section. He took a sip from the cup while walking past several paintings and had to stop himself from spitting it on the ground. It tasted like the most bitter and foul remnants of humanity combined into a drink.

Kirei Black. A rank of coffee engine oil only wished it could obtain. How the man drank it everyday he would never know.

Looking back at the priest, he thought he saw the man hide a smirk. “I’m sorry. They did not have any tea available here,” said Kotomine. Shirou was sure he was lying. Waiting for Kotomine’s back to be turned, he carefully hid the foul concoction behind a pillar.

They entered a rather ornate marble room. In the center was a shattered display case, the cushion in the center empty except for pieces of glass. On the ground was the curator, dead on his back. He was wearing a suit that Shirou was sure cost more than his entire car. Squatting down, he saw the rather evident cause of death, a gaping hole where the man’s left eye used to be. Vitriolic liquid spilled from the empty eye socket and onto what was once a pristine marble floor.

“Talk about,” said Kotomine as he put on sunglasses, “a sight for sore eyes.”

Yeah...” replied Shirou.
    Last edited by Vigilantia; February 4th, 2012 at 11:14 PM.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    *Aims sniper gun at Vigilantia*

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit someone actually wrote it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Yeeeees.

That yeah at the end? Genius.

Sweat, I wonder if Kirei's coffee is tainted with all the evils of the world?

Obviously Kirei's coffee is all the evils of the world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    *Aims sniper gun at Vigilantia*
    Why the hate, Dream? Why tha hate.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *throws self in front of Vigilantia*

You shall not take this brilliant, glorious author Dream! Not today!

I am so goddamn happy to see this becoming a story. It is going to be beautiful, and I don't care how long I have to wait for updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Whoa, this got written?

Blog Entries
    Well, you guys are in luck. I hit writer’s block on my other story so I’m writing this chapter instead.

I’ed like to note I’m actually getting uncomfortable writing these snippets. All my recent research knowledge has gone into military Sci-fi so you’re bound to see “Did Not Do Their Research” here and there. Bleh, I have no idea how police procedurals go. If any of you have tips with that it’d be much appreciated though.

Edit: Slight spelling/grammar errors. Will fix tomorrow after I has sleep.

=====

Chapter 2: Professional Arts Procurer

“So what happened? An art heist gone wrong?” asked Shirou, as he looked at their victim.

“Seems that way,” came the deep voice of Kotomine behind him, “any idea who our victim is, Fujimura-san?”

“Tanaka Azuma, age: 40. He’s the museum curator. Estimated time of death is... 3 AM. Four hours before breakfast,” said Taiga Fujimura. Sitting at a table away from the crime scene and medical sheets, FPD’s resident coroner chewed away at her breakfast.

Under the woman’s medical scrubs, he could see her familiar striped shirt and green apron. Taiga continued on, “judging from the depth and angle of the wound, I’ed say his killer was about the same height as our victim.” Taking a bite from her garlic and rosemary bagel, she enjoyed the cream cheese spread on the inside. Shirou gave a quiet sigh as he waited for her to finish enjoying her breakfast. He knew better than most to avoid interrupting the Taiga while she was eating.

Washing down her meal with a Styrofoam cup of tea, she continued on, “By the weapon’s markings on the victim’s orbit I’d estimate our murder weapon was most likely a sharp weapon with a wide width. It left scarring on the upper and lower sections of our victim’s eye-socket. However, I’ed like to take him into the lab to see. There’s something I want to check first.

Shirou crouched down and looked at the man, “No defensive wounds. Doesn’t look like he put up much of a struggle.”

“Wouldn’t be hard,” came a voice behind them. At the entrance to the doorway, Detective Ayako Mitsuzuri stood casually tapping away at a tablet. “Someone cut the power to the museum a little bit before 5 AM. He’d have been stumbling around in the dark.”

Looking back towards her he saw, as usual, Detective Mitsuzuri wearing her slightly undersized fedora. She had copied it from him; calling it stylish and a hat “from a more elegant time.” Shirou just wore it to keep back the sun and rain.

Personally, he hoped she'd leave Homicide. It wasn’t that he disliked Ayako; far from it. She reminded him of a sister he never had known. She just seemed so... cheerful. She had energy that reminded him of his younger days as a detective. He just hoped she found another line of work before the job sapped all of the optimism and hope from her.

“Hmm... no emergency lights?” said Kotomine.

“Nope. Whoever they were, they were well funded. All electronic surveillance and security went down simultaneously at 2:59 am. They hit both the main power lines and the backup generator. Of course, there’s also the chopper. Even if we had surveillance running, there aren't any cameras on the roof,” said Ayako.

If Shirou had still been drinking Kirei’s coffee, he would have choked, “the what?”

"They had to get the antiques out somehow," said Ayako as she led the two detectives towards the main display room. It was obvious that the exhibit was still under construction; construction crates and scaffolding lined the marble room. In the middle, shattered glass layered the floor like some odd mosaic. Oddly, numerous glass display cases filled gold and jeweled artifacts had been left completely untouch. Walking towards the center he saw a large marble pedestal, now empty save for several shards of glass. He looked up and saw what remained of the museum skylight. Currently a tarp hung over the shattered skylight; most likely uniform’s attempt to prevent water damage to evidence.

“What did they take?” asked Kirei.

“The Einzbern Grail of Immortality and the Mikiri Dagger of Power. The Grail was here and the Dagger was where your Curator died. Both were extremely ornate and studded with precious jewels, hundreds of carats worth of diamonds, immaculate rubies, blah blah you get the gist,” said Ayako, flapping her hand in the image of a talking duck, “Either one is worth millions of dollars. They were probably looking for the Tohsaka Jewel of Transcendance too but the shipment was delayed. It was supposed to have come in today at midnight but...” Ayako took a moment to tap at her tablet, “it seems the owner changed her mind at the last minute.“

“Wait wait wait... if they only took those 2 antiques then why did they need the heli?” said Shirou.

“Because,” said Kotomine as he raised a banner, “the Fuyuki grail isn’t a cup.”

Looking at the banner, he saw the "grail" was just a tad bit larger than the cup he'd imagined. In fact, it looked more like a large metal crate... made of gold... with more gem-studded jewels along its side than the Tiffany jeweller store downtown. If he had to compare, he'd have to say it reminded him of the "Lost Ark" from that Indiana Jones movie... Except shinier and a hell of a lot heavier. Damn... The thing must have weighed at least two metric tonnes. No wonder they needed a heli; there was no way they were going to be able to move that thing out of the museum before the police arrived.

“So the thieves robbed the museum, killed the curator who got in their way and left through the skylight using their helicopter. This day is just getting better and better,” Shirou muttered to himself.

“Not just the Curator,” said Kotomine as he stood over two other white sheets, “the security guards on patrol too.”

“They also shot up the security tapes and killed the two other guards in the control room as well,” reported Ayako as she continued poking at her tablet.

“How... thorough..” said Kotomine, rubbing his chin in thought, ”leave absolutely no evidence for us to track them down.”

Kneeling down, he removed the white cloth that hid the guards face. If he had to estimate, he’d say the kid was barely past 20 years old... Too young for death. There was single exit wound on the boy’s forehead with blood spatter indicating he had been shot from behind. Shirou looked at the body positions and estimated the position of the shooters. One shooter behind the bronze statue and another most likely waiting behind a packing crate. With little to no light, the guards would have walked into an ambush.

“Whoever these guys are, they’re professional and aren’t afraid to kill anyone that gets in their way,” said Shirou.

Looking at Detective Mitsuzuri he said, “Alright... Ayako, get the tech team and see if they can pull up any information on the hard drives. I’m hoping we’ll be able to salvage at least something from those tapes.”

“Will do, Boss,” said Ayako cheerfully. She tipped her fedora at him before heading off.

He looked at Kotomine, “talk with the construction workers and staff here. See if any of them heard or saw anything useful. See if they noticed anyone odd.Their main team might have entered through the skylight but someone needed to be here to disable the power and alarms first.”

Kotomine gave a curt nod and headed towards the loading bays.

“Oh, Boss, there’s one more thing,” said Ayako as her head poked from the corner of a wall, “CSU found this over there. They said it might interest you.” Ayako motioned towards the security room, “in one of the junction boxes. Looks like a calling card.” She held up a plastic evidence bag with a blank business card inside. Walking over to her, Shirou flipped the card over, the image of a nine-tailed fox greeted him. Examining it closer, he could see it had actually been hand drawn.

No... It couldn’t be...

Opening the bag, he examined the card closer. Deep scarlet red ink, just like the one she used. Bringing the card close he wafted the card’s scent to his nose: Scarlet Rose by Imperial Majesty. Her same perfume...

Impossible. She was many things... Thieving, conniving and alluring all in one. However... she wasn’t a killer. He refused to believe that. His anger must have shown on his face as Ayako back away nervously from him. Tossing the bag on the table, he stormed out.

“Boss? Boss!” yelled Ayako from behind him.

=====

Walking under the police tape in the lobby, he headed for the museum entrance. He hadn’t taken more than several steps before the deep voice of his partner sounded.

“Anything you want to tell me about that card?” came the voice of Kotomine behind him. “Something perhaps about a certain lady in red?”

Shirou’s eyes met Kotomines and the tall priest stopped, “Damnit, Kotomine, she didn’t do it. She’s not a killer.”

“You let the Fox go last time, but this time it’s different. Five men are dead and she’s our main lead. She has the experience and the money for this. Police procedure says we bring her in for questioning, Shirou, whether you like it or not,” said Kotomine.

“We do that and she’ll wall up harder than a glued clam. Then she goes into hiding after she lawyers up just like last time. She knows me. If she’s innocent then we’ll have a better chance if I talk to her outside the interrogation room,” said Shirou.

The priest squinted his large brown eyes at him, “only if she isn’t responsible for all of this in the first place. Else she’ll play you like a flute to buy time.”

The priest and the detective stared at one another. Finally, Kotomine gave a sigh of resignation, “Fine. We’ll do this your way. I suppose I’ll be handling the ‘tiny’ investigation here then until you get back.”

Shirou smiled at him. He was glad at least he still had him on his side, “Thanks, Kotomine, I owe you one.”

“Funny, I seem to recall you oweing more than just one, “ said the priest as he clasped both hands behind his back. He walked in stride with Shirou as they approached the museum entrance, “here, I’ll get you past the press.”

Walking through the front doors of the museum, he was greeted by an army of cameras and mikes that were thrust in his face. Questions and comments were thrown like peanuts and popcorn at a bad performance. He deftly deflected all comments back at his partner. As if he were speaking to his previous congregation, his voice attracted all eyes as he explained what details he could to the press.

“Damn preacher,” Shirou thought to himself.

Finally passing through the giant mob of reporters, he broke passed the museum archway to the blessed downpour of rain. He never liked crowds like that; which is why he left that job to his partner. Looking back, he could still hear Kotomine speaking in that loud bombastic tone he loved to use. Crossing the street back towards his car, another familiar voice greeted him.

“Detective Emiya, funny meeting you here,” said the woman that stood next to his car. Holding a purple umbrella against the rain, she stood on the passenger side of his car with a sleeved paper cup in one hand. Despite the rain, she still kept her hair in that absurdly long ponytail. Currently, she wore a long grey trench coat against the downpour and a simple purple beret on her head. The emblem attached to it read: ATLAS.

“Sion Eltnam, what can I do for you? I don’t recall the department asking for your consulting services this time around,” said Shirou.

“They didn’t. I just happened to be enjoying the lovely Fuyuki weather when you came by,” said the calm purple head.

“In front of a recent crime scene? In front of my car?” thought Shirou, “I doubt it.” Instead, he said, “So where’s Doctor Yumikuza? Doesn’t she tend to hang around you when you’re on these strolls?”

“First, she’s not a medical doctor,” said Sion before flicking him on the forehead. The action made him stumble back and start rubbing where she had hit. “Secondly, she’s busy with... that boy in glasses.” An unhappy frown crossed her lips and her eyebrows creased in annoyance. He’d obviously hit a sore spot for her.

Moving closer to Shirou, she shaded him against the rain with her umbrella before offering him the paper cup she’d been holding. Taking a quick sip, he discovered it was his favorite tea.

“You looked like you could use it,” said Sion with a shrug.

He took another sip, glad to wash away the taint of the Kirei Black. Truth be told, he didn’t mind these impromptu chats with Sion. Talking with her often helped reveal clues he might have missed or details unseen by less... skilled eyes. Of course, that was when the department had hired her for help. Sion approaching him out of the blue...

“What’s this about, Sion? I know you’re not here for the lovely weather.”

“Ah, marvelous deduction. Tell me about the heist, Shirou,” said Sion as she fidgeted with her golden bracelets, “I take it the thieves didn’t simply drop into the museum to enjoy the Impressionist pieces late at night?”

He explained the situation to Sion. Though it was strictly against protocol, he’d relied upon the “consulting detective” enough times to owe her a favor or two. Something about this case gave him a bad feeling and he knew he’d probably need her help before this was over.

Shirou finished his explanation by saying, “whoever the thieves are, it was a professional job. They didn’t hesitate to kill five men. Don’t do anything stupid without us, Sion. These men are killers.”

“Of course not. Since when have I ever done anything without your knowledge, Shirou,” said Sion with mock sarcasm. He rolled his eyes in disbelief before staring down at her.

“Shall I list the cases chronologically or alphabetically,” he said rhetorically. That placed a smile on her face.

“You look under the weather, Emiya, Try not to get sick, the last thing I need is your little Lieutenant running this case,” said Sion before walking away. Shirou took one last look at her, her long braided hair swaying back and forth behind her back, before entering his car.

====

- 425 -

If there was one thing evident with the Tohsaka family, it was that they were all about keeping up appearances. Situated on an expansive piece of green turf surrounded by Fuyuki’s vibrant forests, the Tohsaka mansion represented everything one would expect from the posh heiress turned art thief. She enjoyed living large and playing big; from the diamond pendants and ruby rings she wore to the paintings she’d stolen from the Louvre and New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. Of course, they’d never been able to prove any of it. Tohsaka “Kitsune” Rin was too good to leave anything behind except her calling card.

He’d tried calling her earlier but only gotten her answering machine repeatedly. Figures... even after all these years she was still mad at him.

Driving down the asphalt road, he stopped at the gate to the Tohsaka property; at least what should have been the secured gate. The iron wrought gate had been shattered in the middle, leaving a wide entrance onto the Tohsaka grounds. He could see burnt tire-tracks on the asphalt where the previous vehicle had sped up.

“Dispatch, this is Detective Emiya. 425 at the Tohsaka mansion. Looks like it might be a break-in. I’m going in to investigate,” said Shirou into his radio.

Accelerating his car forward, he drove the car towards the imposing mansion in front of him. Even though it was a slight distance away, he could see the doors gaping open. In front of the entrance were several parked vehicles; their windows tinted black. With his offhand, he unconsciously stroked the butt of his sidearm. He was getting a bad feeling about this.

=====

Next Chapter: -444-

=====

Whew. That chapter felt a little bit dialogue heavy but I guess that's to be expected.
    Last edited by Vigilantia; February 5th, 2012 at 02:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    I don't what the hell this is...
    But its fucking beautiful man.

IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

Emiya Shirou rejoice you are about to meet catwomen I mean Tohsaka Rin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reborn214 View Post
    Emiya Shirou rejoice you are about to meet catwomen I mean Tohsaka Rin
    You are now thinking of Tohsaka in a catsuit.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is beautiful. Why have I not seen this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    And that thought is something welcomed in my brain.

With open arms.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    And that thought is something welcomed in my brain.

With open arms.
    Let your inner pervert take over your mind.

...Relax as your mind fades into bliss.

You know while i rob you.

Ahem, I meant... sleep and dream of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Blog Entries
    *drools mindlessly*

Seriously, this is good stuff. Can't recommend many police procedurals though. My favorite is The Wire and that is a unique deconstruction.

What you did well was the character interaction. I liked Ayako's role as the enthusiastic, cheery detective who isn't a burned out wreck yet.

Some corrections:

Taiga continued on, “judging from the depth and angle of the wound, I’ed say his killer was about the same height as our victim.”
    Lose the e.

Washing down her meal with a Styrofoam cup of tea,
    Styrofoam, lowercase.

“By the weapon’s markings on the victim’s orbit
    I think orbit is orbital.

However, I’ed like to take him into the lab to see.
    Same as before.

If Shirou had still been drinking Kirei’s coffee, he would have choked, “the what?”
    I'd do this:

If Shirou had still been drinking Kirei’s coffee, he would have choked. “The what?”

“They also shot up the security tapes and killed the two other guards in the control room as well,” reported Ayako as she continued poking at her tablet.

“How... thorough..” said Kotomine, rubbing his chin in thought, ”leave absolutely no evidence for us to track them down.”
    Give Kotomine's second period an ellipse here. Also, say they burned the tapes. IIRC, merely shooting a tape will leave plenty of recorded images to look at. Burning it is much more thorough. Perhaps acid? Nah, too unwieldly. But if these people are really professionals, and left no evidence, they should exhibit more sophistication.

Kneeling down, he removed the white cloth that hid the guards face. If he had to estimate, he’d say the kid was barely past 20 years old... Too young for death.
    ...Wait, this is the curator?

Awfully young....

“Whoever these guys are, they’re professional and aren’t afraid to kill anyone that gets in their way,” said Shirou.
    Well, they did have to leave bodies as evidence, so they're probably not the best. Unless they're making a statement.

He looked at Kotomine, “talk with the construction workers and staff here.
    He looked at Kotomine. “Talk with the construction workers and staff here.

See if they noticed anyone odd.Their main team might have entered through the skylight but someone
    Need space between sentences.

“Funny, I seem to recall you oweing more than just one, “
    “Funny, I seem to recall you owing more than just one,"

“In front of a recent crime scene? In front of my car?” thought Shirou, “I doubt it.”
    Hmm. I'd use italics instead of quotes, or at least single quotes instead of double to make sure the readers know this is introspection.

“First, she’s not a medical doctor,”
    You can still address someone with a PhD with their title.

“Ah, marvelous deduction. Tell me about the heist, Shirou,” said Sion as she fidgeted with her golden bracelets,
    Think you should end with a period. That's just me though, this may be your style.

he’d relied upon the “consulting detective”
    I'd use single quotes since he isn't talking.

Shirou finished his explanation by saying, “whoever the thieves are, it was a professional job. They didn’t hesitate to kill five men.
    Mmm. Plenty of crooks are willing to shoot. Real professionals wouldn't leave a trace. Hard-core? Willing to kill if necessarily...I dunno. Can keep it as it is if you want.

That's all I caught in a quick skim. Again, nice work.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, thanks Hymn ^_^ Since this is my relax fic I don't have an editor and wasn't proofreading as hard as I normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    ...Wait, this is the curator?

Awfully young....

Actually, its one of the guards. The poor curator got ker-stabbed in the eye. Then Ayako moved Shirou to the main exhibit hall where the missing Grail and two of the guards corpses were.

Also, say they burned the tapes. IIRC, merely shooting a tapewill leave plenty of recorded images to look at. Burning it is much more thorough. Perhaps acid? Nah, too unwieldly. But if these people are really professionals, and left no evidence, they should exhibit more sophistication.

You are indeed correct. Shooting a harddrive is actually an ineffective way to destroy data. Heat, EM fields/magnets work considerably better. Heck, even that doesn't work completely unless you have a good amount of time to be thorough; time most thieves dont have. I'm sure I can elaborate in the future chapters.

Well, they did have to leave bodies as evidence, so they're probably not the best. Unless they're making a statement.

Well, they're professional in organisation, timing and killing.

You can still address someone with a PhD with their title.

Indeed.

Mmm. Plenty of crooks are willing to shoot. Real professionals wouldn't leave a trace. Hard-core? Willing to kill if necessarily...I dunno. Can keep it as it is if you want.

Mmm, I'll elaborate in future chapters.

That's all I caught in a quick skim. Again, nice work.

Thanks ^_^
    Also, is this current snippet too long? I read over it and thought it might be a tad lengthy. I might decide to just put in shorter sections more frequently than the longer one here.
    Last edited by Vigilantia; February 5th, 2012 at 01:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, thanks Hymn ^_^ Since this is my relax fic I don't have an editor and wasn't proofreading as hard as I normally do.
    No problem, and fair enough.

Also, is this current snippet too long? I read over it and thought it might be a tad lengthy. I might decide to just put in shorter sections more frequently than the longer one here.
    No, the length seemed fine to me. I didn't feel like the story was dragging its heels. You made your point and set up events for the future, so I have no complaints.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mmmmmm. Sion and Satsuki as Holmes and Watson. Nice....