Page 812 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 3127127628028078108118128138148178228629121312 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,240 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I love me some criminal mindsets too. But what can you really do with him other than making him a little boy rping Shinji? Gilgamesh overshadows him. Rider is gimp as fuck. The best thing I can think of is a ridiculous chain of events involving mind of steel leading to Shinji as the master of EMIYA. This is totes the wrong thread for this discussion anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutezero001 View Post
    and Kotomine is supposed to be a Priest of sorts.
    That's a funny way of saying "Is totally a priest regardless of what Rin's opinion is, takes care of a Church, has a congregation and has holy powers".

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    I mean, I love me some criminal mindsets too. But what can you really do with him other than making him a little boy rping Shinji? Gilgamesh overshadows him. Rider is gimp as fuck. The best thing I can think of is a ridiculous chain of events involving mind of steel leading to Shinji as the master of EMIYA. This is totes the wrong thread for this discussion anyway.
    Well you can do stuff with a character other than make them TOTALLY OP CURBSTOMP EVERYONE

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Well you can do stuff with a character other than make them TOTALLY OP CURBSTOMP EVERYONE
    Really? I had no idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Really? I had no idea.
    It's a recent and not very popular movement among fanfic writers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutezero001 View Post
    I can't really see Kotomine to be part of a group of moronic nobles who sought only to an iron grip maintain control, no matter what. I can see him be a part of mission in on the happen chance of seeing people suffer and stuff, or cause a complete apocalypse.
    That's not incompatible. The Templars are far from being a perfect organization. Some pursue their own ends, like that final boss in AC1.

And also, one would think that there may be a dissonance between Templars and Magi, ala Tohsaka family, for using magic is supposed to be heretical in the eyes of Christianity and all that rot.
    But the point of the templars is that they can be everywhere. Templars abuse the hell out of
    Spoiler:
    Alien technology, which, for most artefacts, could be considered Mystic Codes or NPs.
    How come magecraft is a problem exactly?

And there is also the fact that I see no reason for any Magus to get involved with either Assassin or Templar, unless there was a sure fire way to Akasha, or money and jewels for Rin's case.
    Sigh... Just, do whatever you want.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I'm sort of not sure what the point of a Creed crossover is if you aren't using the Animus, because without that gimmick it's sort of just standard conspiracy theory thriller.
    Well there're ways without the Animus but they involve rewriting large swaths of setting and backstory. :V

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Fate/stay Night ones normally turn out very badly. Don't see why it would be different with fate/zero.

I have seen one that was good, and it has been dead for a while now, at least 2 years.
    Can you give a link? This picked my curiosity. I mean, a crossover of FSN and Naruto done right? What are the chances?

Nah, there are good naruto fics.

Its just that in the sea of bad fics they are but a simple wave.
    To be fair, this can be said of almost any fandom, or any fandom. It's just that in fanfiction.net, there are more fics of Naruto that of the next three fandoms combined. Or at least of the next three anime fandoms. I'm not sure right now of what of those is.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    There is at least as much potential as there is with anyone else, people make stories for Ayako for example.
    These are idea threads, you don't really need to actually write stuff, just bounce some ideas off.

I'm not a good writer, but I do try. Hell, talk some with Elf, I actually gave her a few ideas to use him when she was still doing the Fate/Law stuff. But really, if you want to prove he is a worthwhile character, give some suggestions. Same with everyone else who says he has potential.
    Can't just say l, "I wish for this." Sometimes you gotta make it happen, or put something into motion.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    To be fair, this can be said of almost any fandom, or any fandom. It's just that in fanfiction.net, there are more fics of Naruto that of the next three fandoms combined. Or at least of the next three anime fandoms. I'm not sure right now of what of those is.
    Inuyasha, Hetalia and Bleach. Though Naruto still has only have as many as Harry Potter.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Inuyasha, Hetalia and Bleach. Though Naruto still has only have as many as Harry Potter.
    Eh, no, I was saying that I wasn't sure if Naruto had more than the next three fandoms combined, period, or just more than the next three anime fandoms combined. You still answered the question, just not in the way I was expecting *chuckles*

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Can you give a link? This picked my curiosity. I mean, a crossover of FSN and Naruto done right? What are the chances?
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5785642/1/Fate-eternia

It was actually updated in May but I never noticed.

After a few years of it being not updated I stopped following it.

You also kinda just have to accept the occasion off thing, its old so I like to let that slide.
    Last edited by Knick; August 2nd, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5785642/1/Fate-eternia

It was actually updated in May but I never noticed.

After a few years of it being not updated I stopped following it.

You also kinda just have to accept the occasion off thing, its old so I like to let that slide.
    I'd say that having to accept the occasional off thing is a given in any fic, but after reading some things here (like Arashi's works, by example) I would be lying. It's almost a given, though. Anyway, thanks!

Edit: Oh, that fic! I read it, and didn't pay it any more attention, thinking it was dead. And the author has admited that the "new" chapter was published several years ago on DLP, so I'm not holding my hopes high with this one. I'll admit it is well written.
    Last edited by Ergast; August 5th, 2013 at 07:01 AM.

Spoiler:

The new chapter is completely different from the old style. You can tell time passed and I don't think I like the results.

Here is an idea Angrya Manyui gets so he comes up with this idea. What if the Masters of the Holy Grail War (either the Fourth or the Fifth) summons both the in-universe Nasuverse servant and a version of them from popular fiction? The upkeep is halved due to all the stored energy from the fact that none of the previous Grail Wars has ever truly been finished. Examples would be like say a master summons Vlad the Impaler (Fate/Apocrypha) and also gets Alucard (Hellsing), Or say summon Arturia and gets one of the thousand and one depictions of King Arthur.

Well do you think can it work?

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The abilities of Heroic Spirits are affected by their legends anyway, if you'll recall. This affects some Servants more than others.

Heck, the only reason Vlad gets his Legend Of Dracula NP is because of his infamy and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouaint View Post
    Here is an idea Angrya Manyui gets so he comes up with this idea. What if the Masters of the Holy Grail War (either the Fourth or the Fifth) summons both the in-universe Nasuverse servant and a version of them from popular fiction? The upkeep is halved due to all the stored energy from the fact that none of the previous Grail Wars has ever truly been finished. Examples would be like say a master summons Vlad the Impaler (Fate/Apocrypha) and also gets Alucard (Hellsing), Or say summon Arturia and gets one of the thousand and one depictions of King Arthur.

Well do you think can it work?
    Only if you get Monty Python's King Arthur.

Riding Skill: N/A - The Use of Coconuts removes the need for this skill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouaint View Post
    It would need a better explanation than "because Angra Mainyu". I know fanfics like it almost as much as "lolZelretch", but Angra Mainyu is a curse. It doesn't get bored.

That aside, the biggest issue is that this raises the already too high 14 important characters to a strict minimum of 21. Now, obviously I don't know what kind of writer would write this, but I know it wouldn't be me.

"Perfectly balanced. As all swamps should be." TheSpy's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I don't know what kind of writer would write this
    The bad kind, obviously.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    The bad kind, obviously.
    Not really, a good writer would find the characters he wants to use and the rest simply become plot devices.

People tend to forget that just because there's a person in a story does not mean they are a character to be fleshed out.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.