Page 1011 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 1151191196110011006100910101011101210131016102110611111 ... LastLast
Results 20,201 to 20,220 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

First Priest of the Urobutcher Golden Lark's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Here's a copy of some extra info I tossed up on spacebattles:

I chose this scene as a test snip because it had more known characters. The story starts from when he falls into Creation, so we get six months of solo Shirou, and six months of Solo Shirou dodging Rin and Saber once he realizes they came after him because he's not exactly proud of some of the things he was coerced into doing/becoming for the Reclamation before he had complete information.

General ideas/plans:

Ligier can be a pretty persuasive guy when he tells you to kill someone for the greater good.

Shirou's introduction to and gradual/inevitable falling out with the forces of Malfeas once he realizes they are actually jerks sort of encapsulates the whole first bit of the story. The charms he took and the way they changed him during a period that he honestly didn't think he would ever see Rin and Saber again have altered some bits of his personality - but not in any drastically shown way here.

Third circle demons in Exalted are smart, but there are only so many ways you can manipulate a person that 'tries to save everyone' into destroying shit before he catches on.

Rin and Saber sort of lampshade the "EVERYONE GETS AN EXALTATION LOLOLOL" nature of Exalted crossovers. Saber gets exalted as a Zenith roughly forty minutes after arriving in Creation, because she is more or less the incarnate textbook example of such. Rin earns her lunar exaltation shortly thereafter, much to Luna's personal amusement. Saber changes the least initially, and Rin still relies on thaumaturgy for a good while before finally embracing her proper Lunar abilities. That the economics of Creation (and the South) allow for easy access to 'non magical materials' like gems relatively cheaply, and that as an exalt she can charge up said gemstones much faster than she ever could as a mortal on Earth sort of monopolizes her attention outside of the hunt for Shirou initially; she can actually afford to waste gems on experiments and advance her craft faster than she ever could back home. Once she makes a few leaps and bounds in the fields she had been dedicating a life's work to before, she turns her attention to her new nature . . . and its side effects.

Her motivation might waver between 'Find Shirou' and 'Conquer Gem' during those first months after she arrives.

Obviously it's been the proper ten years since the end of FSN, but I have the cast changing only a little bit. Rin's been running a ten year campaign on Shirou to loosen him up and get him to relax, and Saber helps in that regard. Saber has actually chilled out a bit more than Shirou seeing as her original ambitions are literally out of reach while she's here on her 'vacation' with the two of them. Once she gets her Exaltation, it's a tiny bit of a religious experience (Zenith, after all) and she is severed from her contract with Gaia/Alaya. The UCS gives her a divine pat on the head, calls her a good girl, and says she she is allowed to let go; she is granted a properly materialized flesh body and can now grow into and beyond puberty (rapidly, by dint of Exaltation).

Once Shirou is cut off from them he backslides hard into self-sacrificing heroics, initially out of guilt over the Sakura incident but he continues because it's more or less natural for him. This clashes with the mindset of the average Infernal, and he spends a decent amount of time failing to fill the rather large and tyrannical shoes of the Slayer that previously held his exaltation. The 'team' he's initially encouraged to work with assumes he will maim them for the slightest backtalk because that's how his predecessor rolled; by the time that coven realizes he's not that kind of asshole, they realize he's also not exactly warming up to the SOP of 'indulge and be a rockstar from Hell when you aren't on duty.' He may accidentally inspire some Infernals in a positive manner without meaning to during his time in Malfeas.

As he matures as an Exalt he has to reconcile his missions with what he thinks is right, and he also quietly feels his power growing in ways that he was not told to expect; Avalon had something to say when he initially got Chosen and its voice was muted but not extinguished when his soul was being renovated. As such, he's gating early into heretical and devil-tiger charms (Exalted jargon for 'unique flavor' instead of 'one of the big 6 demons flavored') and incorporating his personal sword thematics quite strongly. While his demonic bosses are okay with his lapses into heroic behavior here and there (All he's doing is setting himself up to be disillusioned! When he snaps he'll be the perfect agent!), they are much much less okay with him once they notice his growth into something outside the proper design spec for his granted power, and he quickly becomes a liability. When he shows his hand by refusing to die when killed (haw haw) and invoking the limits of his as-yet-unrevealed-to-hell power, he goes from liability to Active Threat to the Reclamation and becomes a high priority for extermination; mostly because if he can cheat and grow beyond his limits, he can teach the other Infernals to do the same.

That all seems spoilery as hell but it's really just the basic heartbeats of the themes I'd be trying to hit.

I have just one question, then.

Why aren't you writing it already?!!!! *laughs*

Jokes aside, you got me earlier with the snip, and you got me even further now with the basics. If you really write this fic, put at least a link somewhere here and I'll read it.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

祖 Ancestor
    @ ergast I'd put Rin as Roll were she not the mid boss of Archer stage.
    I'd instead have Sakura as Roll until final stage. Rin could like an unlockable shop after Archer's shop.
    Weapon energy would be represented by jewels (that he eats!) while health could be represented by meat (like those little meat things you see at those little chibi movie) and have extra lives represented by tiger dojo stamps.

@GoldernLark what is their final objective, are they just adjusting to the world and settling or are they eventually going to try to go back to their home world. If so could we see the effects of Exalted landing in Nasuverse?
    Last edited by Gray; April 15th, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

Okay, I missed the whole "The masters are the mid bosses of the stage". Sorry about that.

On the other hand, if Sakura is going to be the true final boss, maybe Taiga would work better as Roll.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    @GoldernLark what is their final objective, are they just adjusting to the world and settling or are they eventually going to try to go back to their home world. If so could we see the effects of Exalted landing in Nasuverse?
    In my outline notes, Nasu Gaia is actually Exalted Gaia . . . or at least, a shell of her. Akasha is the Shining Answer she was searching for, and she touched it . . . and a good portion of her didn't come back from that place. When she touched it, it caused a Time of Cascading Years effect on her body, resulting in the Kaleidoscopic Nasu multiverse. What few parts of her being remained 'outside time' and outside that cascade formed the mechanically functional part of her, such as the Counter Force system and the Throne.

This leaves a nearly brain-dead shell of souls 'running' Nasu-Earth. What little of her newly formatted world's special Prana remains is limited, and as "Gaia" dies and Dust floods in, that's actually regular Essence reclaiming its hold on her.

I have a rough idea of how she formed Earth and her process for ensuring Humanity happened and the Age of Gods; unlike Autocthon she was much less clever in her preparations and so a broken system that humans could exploit and ruin was created, resulting in the potential Notes-era bad end. The other planets would be the neighborhood Primordial-type entities she met and lodged up next to in the Real-Space area beyond the Wyld she found herself in. Blah blah metaphysics. Alaya and the 'Gaia' known by humans are Third Circle souls, but unconventionally shaped and stretched thin over countless simultaneous versions of Earth. As possibilities branch out there is less reinforcing will and magic in each parallel version of Earth, resulting in decay, etc.

The weakening of Humanity isn't just a dilution of humanity's power on any given Earth; it's the net total spiritual power they could muster at the dawn of the race split between not just the future population, but the thousand thousand alternate world future populations. That Earth(s) could no longer support a Creation-style spirit infrastructure was a single symptom of the greater issue.

Back to the story proper.

Initially Rin and Saber get to Shirou and then focus on trying to go home, but they gradually realize Shirou isn't really interested in going home because he can save more people in Creation. Rin finally comprehends that he's backslid on his relative emotional weight ratio between the girls/his ideals, and her work of ten years has unravelled.

Understanding that a Sealing Designation is probably all that's left for her on Earth anyways, she and Saber more or less try to support him, but the closer they stick to him the more they uncover about his time before they found him, and the gradually more disturbed Rin gets. It's as if his distortion is getting worse of its own accord. When she finally gets to see inside of Unlimited Blade Works again, she sees the green sun lighting it and the warped nature and corrupted basalt and brass and vitriol, and she understands that the nature of Shirou's Exaltation is affecting his personality/soul.

Misunderstandings happen, and eventually she clues in that Shirou's soul is also affecting the Exaltation; a soul capable of manifesting its own world is mighty enough to weather the corruption of Infernal Exaltation in stride and enforce his own thematics on his soul/exaltation instead of being solely warped by it. She's then caught between trying to reinforce his own distortion or trying to weaken it again, potentially allowing the new corruption to take hold.

Meanwhile Shirou tolerates Rin's nosy nature and focuses on saving people, while Saber makes a kingdom for a home base and does it right this time- she holds up certain ideals, and personally ensures said ideas can BE held up by the common people without causing undue suffering. The Solar Exaltation allows her to eliminate the need for excessive sacrifice (barring equally powerful antagonists). She also embraces her humanity and her displays her vices (good food! every day!) a bit more due to there being no need to present an image of humility or perfection (good food every day FOR EVERYONE!). Alexander and Gilgamesh (and even Mordred) did influence her a bit here. When the survival of her people is not her primary concern, the love of her people can actually register on her priorities much higher.

Around the time Shirou's former infernal sponsors make a move to catch up with him, Rin gets a handle on how to return home based on information she got from Shirou. Unfortunately the demons play for keeps and the cast learn they will be chased to the end of the world- any world, and all worlds. Eventually the demons clue in to Shirou's fixation on saving people and resort to dooming people to provoke him.

This does not go well for anyone.

Someone earlier on Spacebattles joked about Abyssal Sakura being the final boss.

Heh. Heh heh heh.

Let's just say that at that point in her life she'd have much to discuss with the neverborn Abhorrance of Life~

As a general note, I've always thought that a setting fusion between Evangelion and Fate weighted toward the Fate end of the spectrum (no giant robots, etc.) would work really well.

Apocalyptic secrets tied to ancient rituals, a family head obsessed with obtaining the supernatural prize after abandoning his original goals, clones/homunculi, a useless competitor named Shinji who's partly fighting to get recognition from a family that doesn't like him very much, Western mysticism, decaying old schemers kept alive by worms/electronics...

Especially amusing if this universe's Shinji Ikari accidentally summons canon Asuka.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Lark View Post
    *snip*
    Interesting, but I have seen a few misconceptions. Mainly that Shirou's "distortion" is anything besides a particularly strong (but not inhumanly strong) guilt complex. That, and Reality Marble is just the final spell in the skill tree of any magus unless your circuits are tailored made to develop it (as are both Shirou and Satsuki's circuits). Sure, if he can unleash an image of his soul and with the support of Avalon, you can give that explanation about his resilience towards the corruption. But that isn't a proof that Shirou's soul is particularly strong. The fact that he can pull the shit he does in the novel, on the other hand, is a proof that, at the very least, he has more will than most people.

That said, I'll still read your story. It seems very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    As a general note, I've always thought that a setting fusion between Evangelion and Fate weighted toward the Fate end of the spectrum (no giant robots, etc.) would work really well.

Apocalyptic secrets tied to ancient rituals, a family head obsessed with obtaining the supernatural prize after abandoning his original goals, clones/homunculi, a useless competitor named Shinji who's partly fighting to get recognition from a family that doesn't like him very much, Western mysticism, decaying old schemers kept alive by worms/electronics...

Especially amusing if this universe's Shinji Ikari accidentally summons canon Asuka.
    So Magus Shinji Ikari meets Eva pilot Asuka Langley in a world without Evas, huh? This reminds me of something...

That something is Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku, where
    Spoiler:
    the Gendo of that story is, suposedly, canon anime Gendo post third impact

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Interesting, but I have seen a few misconceptions. Mainly that Shirou's "distortion" is anything besides a particularly strong (but not inhumanly strong) guilt complex. That, and Reality Marble is just the final spell in the skill tree of any magus unless your circuits are tailored made to develop it (as are both Shirou and Satsuki's circuits). Sure, if he can unleash an image of his soul and with the support of Avalon, you can give that explanation about his resilience towards the corruption. But that isn't a proof that Shirou's soul is particularly strong. The fact that he can pull the shit he does in the novel, on the other hand, is a proof that, at the very least, he has more will than most people.

That said, I'll still read your story. It seems very interesting.
    Sloppy wording on my part. In Exalted terms, Shirou rates as stupidly high conviction and willpower. I'd even go so far as to give him Willpower 10 out the gate. That attests to his mental strength, strength of soul in Exalted terms. It's also . . . inhuman stubbornness, to a mildly alien and terrifying degree.

Yeah. Sounds about right.

Infernal Exaltations normally let one learn Charms from the big six demon princes. Six different flavors, six different themes. Eventually in game mechanics one can learn 'heretical' charms that mix two or more of those thematics in one effect, and after that one can start to brew their own custom thematic powers; culminating in the duplication of Exalted's Primordial life cycle; a being with a soul/body that is a world, a soul so vast it has its own souls, and those souls have souls, and again once more. A Primordial/Yozi, then Third/Second/First circle deva/demons. A handy number of the Primordial abilities map nicely to Reality Marbles and planet-class existences in Nasu, etc.

That each of those beings have somewhat exaggerated personality traits in line with their themes also fits Shirou like a glove.

Malfeas, the demon king that is the patron of Shirou's Exaltation, is the ruler of all the Yozi Demons . . . who hates himself for failing to save his subjects and losing the war against the exalted that imprisoned him. He also sort of refuses to acknowledge the reality of his loss and castration/imprisonment, resulting in a very surreal ultimate demon city king thing that is just having something of an eternal temper tantrum.

As a given Infernal learns more and more of Malfeas' powers, they gradually have to take more 'gateway' charms that begin to alter their behavior and perception of the world, reinforcing their alignment to Malfeas and his themes. At the end of the road on every given Yozi's charm progression tree is more or less becoming a copy of them (unless you go heretical and become a unique one)

As Shirou expands his power through the lens of Exaltation, he will be able to expand his abilities and his might . . . the more he aligns to the aspects of himself that allowed him to invoke UBW in the first place. If he devotes himself completely to his ideals and path, he gains power. With power, he can save more people. Without any hope of seeing Rin and Saber again . . . well. At some point I am more or less planning on putting a gateway charm up at a particular point in his progression that will be named 'Mind of Steel.' You get zero guesses as to how that one changes his behavior. The question is what does he gain in exchange for it that would make him consider it, and how long would he hesitate before doing so?

Paradoxically, the greater the power he gets the more freedom he has to make fewer Kiritsugu-style compromises regarding people that must be sacrificed. It's a razor thin line to walk. The Mind of Steel ending is tragic because he has a particular agenda that is incompatible with the survival and victory of his friends. In Creation, so long as no one is actively trying to stop him, he might be able to trick himself into considering Saber and Rin as valuable assets so as to give himself a reason to avoid alienating them as long as possible . . . until the chips are down and he blatantly acts in a manner that disregards their sensibilities if innocent lives are on the line. Which is sort of how he normally acts too. Just, MoS Shirou has a tiny chance of finding himself in conflict with his friends if they somehow violate his ideals.

This is all tentative, mind you, but it's the sort of theme I wanted to hit with an Infernal Shirou story. At first his opponent is his new patron(s), as he figures out he's being used for evil ends. Eventually he realizes he's also fighting himself, and focuses on making sure the part of himself representing his ideals 'wins.' Then Saber and Rin come to him, and a lot of decisions he's made suddenly sort of seem very bad in hindsight.

His guilt/savior/hero complex and sword-themes are a perfect Infernal style combination. Compare them to: Acidic mother-sea of smothering attention and toxicity, Delusionary Ruler with green radioactive hatefire, Infinite Silver Desert of hypocritical law and desolating authority, Crystalline telekinetic engine of hierarchy and cold logic, Scouring Silent Wind of apathy/death/release, and Ultimate Darkness of lies/antagonism/doom.

God help me for muuuch later when his metamorphosis approaches completion and I have to develop characters for his various strongest personality aspects as third circle souls/demons. The soul representing his love for Rin and Saber will, as its first act after it is formed, bitchslap him in the face, then run over to the soul representing his ideals and fight it to the death. Since they can't permanently kill each other, this will accomplish little aside from maybe a temporary upswing in his behavior towards the girls . . . which might not even matter because I haven't even considered the greater setting and situation that late in the game, only the metamorphosis.

I spend way too much time thinking about this shit and not writing it :/

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    For those that have no idea what the fuck a charm is it's a special power that also happens to fuck with the dude's personality.

Or at least that's how I bother to remember it because fuck the details. v:

Eh, take your time and flesh it out dood. Though this thread does seem to have a thing going in it where most of the ideas don't actually get written.

Still, I loved Remember, so I have some confidence that whatever comes out of this will be something I want to read.

*Not so subtle begging for another chapter of Remember*

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Have you seen the updates at spacebattles? It's a bit further than the FFN version at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Lark View Post
    Have you seen the updates at spacebattles? It's a bit further than the FFN version at this point.
    Spoiler:
    I've read up to where Archer's about to cook the feast for Rider and Saber on spacebattles.
    Is there more?
    Last edited by Megas; April 15th, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Mind of Steel. how about power boost given proportionate to those sacrificed for the greater good for a short period of time?

More people he kills who have good alignment the higher chance of saving everyone else? That would really screw with his morals.

Also does the Exalted sign have to be on the forehead? I personally would prefer it on his back to parallel with Kiritsugu's magic crest.
    Last edited by Gray; April 15th, 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mind of Steel sounds more like a Limit Break than an individual charm.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

祖 Ancestor
    If it's name is mind of Steel it seems kind of weird if it's only a super powerful attack, instead of something related to mentality and an toggle-able passive skill.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    If it's name is mind of Steel it seems kind of weird if it's only a super powerful attack, instead of something related to mentality and an toggle-able passive skill.
    Limit Breaks in Exalted are basically, "you snap and do things you'll probably regret"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

Limit Breaks in Exalted are basically, "you snap and do things you'll probably regret"
    Like a Virtue Extremity.
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Or you can pick Heart of Flint and have the win-win situation of:
    • Recover WP.
    • RP excuse to do whatever crazy-unethical, mind-numbing, and disgusting plan you've mathed out gives you the maximum probability of victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

祖 Ancestor
    Okay makes sense thanks. So a super mode that comes at the cost of temporary personality shift. Kind of like a berserk mode.

Not even a "super" mode. Just crazy.