Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Wizard Vagabond - In Character

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bloble

You press your hand against the cold stone of the wall, feeling along for anything that seems off, your other hand sweeping against the straw on the floor as you crawl on your way, trying to find pressure plates and suspicious vibrations and all those sorts of things.

d20 roll = 16 + 6 = 22
    Though you expertly search all the way along your side of the corridor, the only trap you find is a still-active mouse trap right in front of one door. That door has a metal plate bolted to the masonry above it, engraved with the number 52.

At the door you listen, standing perfectly still while the rest of your party goes about their business. One ear is pressed to the wood of the door you've just stumbled across, almost getting splinters in your ear but not quite.

d20 roll = 19 + 2 = 21
    Your hearing sharpens, nearly muting out the rest of the world. You hear a dripping noise, steady, and you can tell by listening that it must have already formed at least a small pool in the room beyond. In addition, a strange clunk-clunk-clunk can be heard from the room, like something hollow being beat against rock.

-----------------

Lethum

The fly is annoying, but you swat at it after it leaves your eye, determined to fight against it.

It sticks around your face and you end up slapping yourself in your strange fit to get rid of the thing. There's now a bright red mark on your cheek, and your loud slap reverberated in the hallway. You hear the halfling yell at you for not being quiet, and when you try to find it again you realize that the fly has left, happily buzzing on its way as if nothing had happened.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    52... my mind flashes to the piece of key I retrieved earlier. Perhaps it would fit this lock?

Bah, it doesn't matter. I don't need a key to unlock this door, and definitely not a broken one!

...That's what I'd normally say, but even as good as I am, I don't think I'll be accomplishing anything without any lockpicks, unless the idiot who locked me up was dumb enough to not take them away from me before. I check my usual hiding spots on my body, but I don't really hold out any hope of finding a stray needle. Unlike some people who are either professionals or idiots that aren't afraid of infections, I'm not willing to use my bodily cavities for hiding contraband.

I sneak as close as I can, and before attempting to open the door I decide to try and take a peek inside through a crack, or the keyhole itself. Kinda stupid, considering I didn't really hear anything that can be classified as living, but I can't afford to be rash right now. Besides, being careful never killed anyone, right?

Blog Entries
    I shrug as nobody pays attention to my call for the map. I move towards the female knight who was holding the map that led us out of the room, and focused my mind.

"Hand over that for a sec." I said, as I placed my hands over the map. Closing my eyes, I furrowed my brows and began to chant in quiet prayer.

The image of the council of Abyssal Knights on my mind, I deployed one of the spells I had prayed for this occasion. "Light!"
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Leo

You walk up to the door, and it doesn't look unusual. It's cracked near the top left, opposite the hinges, but the metal reinforcements on it make it look sturdy elsewise, so you most likely wouldn't be able to bash through it unless you were quite strong; stronger than a squishy wizard, at the very least.

It's not open, certainly, and you can't tell if it's locked or not. There's no actual doorknob on it; just a ring-shaped knocker right near the middle-top.

----------------------------

Bloble

You stare through the keyhole, and...

...you see nothing. It's blank and black and you can't see through this keyhole. You can't tell if it's jammed or blocked or just can't be seen through, but it is what it is, as far as you can tell.

--------------------

Erl

The map explodes with light, brightening the area tenfold, and definitely lighting up the hallway. Your sight is vastly improved, but you see little else of interest in the corridor that you didn't see earlier.

At the same time, though, the map is almost unbearable to look at, and there's no way you can see the scribbled numbers or notes anymore.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Oops.

"Oops."

At least I have the map in memory.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Blog Entries
    Gnomulius cocked his head. Enlarge... naaaah. Reaching out, he knocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Leo

You bang the knocker against the door thrice, but for some reason, the first two times it doesn't make a noise. On the third hit, however, it lets out a loud "THWUMP!" and the door blasts open with a gust of air that almost sweeps you off of your feet.

You can't see the room ahead very well at the moment, but it seems dank, and there's a foul, mouldy smell coming from inside it.

Blog Entries
    "Should we shine our map-torch on that, Gnomulius?" I shouted to the Wizard.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    Hmmm. Magic doorknob. I need one of those. The Gnome raised his voice. "Yes, yes, largish person, do that."
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I grabbed the now unreadable map and brought it over to the room, walking towards Gnomulius' location.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    Erl and Leo

Like a ray of HOLY, GOD-GIVEN LIGHT, the map-torch shines forward, not bright enough to blind people but enough to make them stand aback for a moment going, "Woah, that's just way too bright, there" as you go towards the door of the far right room.

You expose the room to light from the doorway, and hear a bubbly skreeing noise from within, and the stench grows even greater.

Blog Entries
    "Uh-Oh." I step back. "Everyone, watch out! Something's coming from inside!"
    Arthur-san is my waifu

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...crud. What have those idiots been doing? Do they not know the concept of stealth?

The screeching noise and smell cause me to freeze. Whatever is in there, it's definitely not good.

And I left my only weapon in the hands of that knight lady.

Double crud.

I skip backwards, behind the cleric who had the very good idea of getting some light, preparing for battle and looking for any small pebbles or chunks of rock I might be able to scoop up off the floor and use as a weapon. "Um... that doesn't sound so good." Not up to my usual level of snark, but being scared stiff will do that to you.

Blog Entries

"...It isn't coming here. Perhaps it's scared of the light?" I frowned. "Good thing we have the light then, right guys?"
    Arthur-san is my waifu

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "I don't know...it can't possibly be dangerous if the door wasn't locked." I joked.

Nonetheless, I took a step back and got ready to fight or retreat.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Light... that's what it hates. It's scared of light.

"Hey. Wright or whatever your name was. Why don't you make another one of those magic torches just like that one you're holding and throw it in that room?" If it hates light, we'll flood it with glow!

At best, it'll turn out to be some kind of vampire and collapse into dust. At worst, we'll be poking a sleeping giant in the eye.

Either way, I only fear what I can't see.

Blog Entries
    "Hmm..." I hummed thoughtfully. "That would be alright, but I only have so many of these spells." After a pause, I nodded. "Alright, but you guys get near me, because this might get ugly." Saying this, I grabbed one of the straws I'd found in the room, getting ready to cast the spell.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Everybody should fan out. We don't want to be all caught in one attack."

Of course, the tactic as effective as it could be since we are on a corridor and have nearly no ranged attacks. That said, something as easily warded off by light, and not aggressive enough to attack right away was most likely within our means to defeat. Probably.

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Had anyone been paying attention to her at the time, they might have noticed how Ash's eyes widened slightly when she heard the screeching noise as the light from the glowing map invaded the room marked XLV. Her grip tightened around the club so harshly that her knuckles went white. Her breathing quickened momentarily, before she forced herself to take a deep breath and take a step forward, standing slightly ahead of the rest of the small group.

'It's a knight's duty to protect those in need... though I really wish I had proper armor and a proper sword with me...'

"Yes, it's obviously scared of the light, but if fleeing is not an option, whatever it is will quite likely attack us," Ash said muttered under her breath as she took a practice swing with the improvised weapon. Raising her head and her voice, she called out to the room in a clear and ringing voice, "Flee now or come at me! I won't let you harm any of them!"

Blog Entries
    Froggie

"Skree! Skreeee!" Responds the thing inside, not leaving the room but at the same time not moving to where you can see it. It sounds hostile enough, but it's most certainly not running, sliding, slopping, dragging, flying, jumping or using whatever mode of transportation it has at its disposal to make its own action.