Page 2 of 223 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Counter GARdians

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    . . . Are you hinting at something?
    Nah, I found it when I was lurking around. Kinda cute so I posted it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    Why do you think I said it?

I think I'd go human for Archer.
    Nah, you go GAR for Archer.

See the pic with the condom in his mouth?

SEXY.

I figured I'd celebrate both my joining of Beast's Lair and my managing to enter the group of the most awesome Servant by dropping some pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Archer 2.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	1452

Name:	Archer 4.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	1453

Name:	Unlimited Blade Works 4.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	1454

Name:	Chibi Archer vs Chibi Lancer.jpg 
Views:	2319 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	1455

Name:	Unlimited Blade Works 6.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	1456

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The small amount of Archer pics here disturbs me greatly, so in order to fix this:

By the way, I want to join this club.

Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    KITTY

:3
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Here's a spark of inspiration for Elf-tan in her upcoming fic which I eagerly anticipate.

^ YOU WIN. YOU JUST WINNNED.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Woo~~ what did I win? D:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post

Here's a spark of inspiration for Elf-tan in her upcoming fic which I eagerly anticipate.
    Archer's head looks all weird there . . .

Anyway, maybe we could have some Archer discussion?

I write Archer as having one hell of a case of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome. I treat him with the same sort of mindset that . . . okay I’m showing my age here but John Rambo in First Blood but taken to the extreme. Most people sort of forget or gloss over the fact that Archer’s had to slaughter millions if not billions of people as a Counter Guardian. Sure there’s the whole “It’s only records . . .” argument, but the point of it is that he does have information that he’s done these things.

And, in some cases, just that information can be worse than remembering full out what he did. He’s got the information and as every good horror author knows is that the reader’s imagination is going to be better than what’s on the page. He has the information and when he’s summoned his mind starts filling in the blanks. Plus it’s been hinted that Archer has been summoned many times before and has records of those summonings. So any positive thing he might have picked up, such as the end of UBW, is going to be buried under so much shit that it really isn’t going to do any good. (Yes, I was in tears when reading the True End of UBW, and no, I did not go back and get the Good End because that’s just going to piss me off.)

Plus, deep down the guy’s still Emiya Shirou.

If only he could show that more often. If not to Shirou, then to Rin and Saber. Nasu could also spend some time and write a scene with him and Berserker actually fighting and not just the aftermath. True, it had to be saved for UBW, but... damn, that would be a nice read.
    Also... I kind of did not like the whole "Well, I was going to give you to Rin sooner or later, Saber." business. Like I said before, I kinda like Archer when he's not being an asshole. And that's rare.

Blog Entries
    If only he could show that more often. If not to Shirou, then to Rin and Saber.
    He showed plenty of scenes of Archer being kind to Rin. The scene where he drapes Rin in his cloak when she falls asleep on her feet in UBW? The interlude in HF where they're in the Matou house looking for answers. He tries to get her to open up, but Rin shuts him down rather quickly.

If anything, Archer's the most Tsundere character in FSN. He gives everyone else the tsun tsun, but Rin gets the dere dere.

Nasu could also spend some time and write a scene with him and Berserker actually fighting and not just the aftermath. True, it had to be saved for UBW, but... damn, that would be a nice read.
    You know what the sad part is? Archer killed Berserker six times without using UBW. In combat, not shooting Broken Phantasms. Against a guy who's stronger, faster and more agile than he could ever hope to be and without his Master in close proximity.

Yet that's all "offstage".

Archer never really has a fight where he gets to go "all out" in FSN. The closest is Lancer Vs Archer Round Two, which is one of my favorite fights in the whole VN. Then again their banter was priceless and Archer broke Lancer's brain at the end of it. Against Caster he wasn't trying to kill her, he was half dead against Shirou (that was a good fight for other reasons), and the only other fight he had in FSN was with Rider.

Which would be a good match to watch. They both fight dirty and they're evenly matched. It could go either way. But I don't want to get into a Powerlevel's discussion here.

Also... I kind of did not like the whole "Well, I was going to give you to Rin sooner or later, Saber." business.
    I did. He had it planned so both Rin and Saber were taken care of after he killed Shirou. Which proves he cared for both girls. By giving Saber to Rin, Rin has enough prana to easily fuel her for the rest of the war, and he's giving Rin the most powerful Servant to protect her for the rest of the War.

Like I said before, I kinda like Archer when he's not being an asshole. And that's rare.
    Honestly, not as rare as you think. However part of his charm is his Bruce Campbell complex. I mean, look at Heaven's Feel. He was awesome in that route. Gave Shirou advice, protected Ilya, took on TA and Dark Saber at the same time, was a human shield for Rin and gave Shirou the GARM.

Sadly, because of his issues he shuts himself in during HA when Rin's in London so we never really get to see him in a "normal" environment. Well, to go piss off Lancer, but that's rather hilarious in its own right.

He showed plenty of scenes of Archer being kind to Rin. The scene where he drapes Rin in his cloak when she falls asleep on her feet in UBW? The interlude in HF where they're in the Matou house looking for answers. He tries to get her to open up, but Rin shuts him down rather quickly.

If anything, Archer's the most Tsundere character in FSN. He gives everyone else the tsun tsun, but Rin gets the dere dere.
    Unfortunately, tsundere is not my favorite character trait and I tend to get annoyed easily by it. And yes, to Rin, but not so much to Saber.
    You know what the sad part is? Archer killed Berserker six times without using UBW. In combat, not shooting Broken Phantasms. Against a guy who's stronger, faster and more agile than he could ever hope to be and without his Master in close proximity.

Yet that's all "offstage".

Archer never really has a fight where he gets to go "all out" in FSN. The closest is Lancer Vs Archer Round Two, which is one of my favorite fights in the whole VN. Then again their banter was priceless and Archer broke Lancer's brain at the end of it. Against Caster he wasn't trying to kill her, he was half dead against Shirou (that was a good fight for other reasons), and the only other fight he had in FSN was with Rider.

Which would be a good match to watch. They both fight dirty and they're evenly matched. It could go either way. But I don't want to get into a Powerlevel's discussion here.
    Well, yeah, he has awesome tactical skills because of his great experience in modern and what not combat. That has to be given to him. He is a strong opponent.
    I did. He had it planned so both Rin and Saber were taken care of after he killed Shirou. Which proves he cared for both girls. By giving Saber to Rin, Rin has enough prana to easily fuel her for the rest of the war, and he's giving Rin the most powerful Servant to protect her for the rest of the War.
    That only meant he wanted Rin to be secure. Nothing else.
    Honestly, not as rare as you think. However part of his charm is his Bruce Campbell complex. I mean, look at Heaven's Feel. He was awesome in that route. Gave Shirou advice, protected Ilya, took on TA and Dark Saber at the same time, was a human shield for Rin and gave Shirou the GARM.
    He gave Shirou advice and the arm because he wasn't going to be a hero. But look at Fate. He gave him advice when he was still aiming for it. And he found it surprising himself. Maybe he still had some hopes... or maybe he thought his past self was too pathetic to look at.
    Sadly, because of his issues he shuts himself in during HA when Rin's in London so we never really get to see him in a "normal" environment. Well, to go piss off Lancer, but that's rather hilarious in its own right.
    D'aw c'mon the scene with the cat was kyuut. :3
    Last edited by Keyne; April 10th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Archer never really has a fight where he gets to go "all out" in FSN.
    He gets one (or three) kinda-all-out scene(s) in HA, where he's ACTUALLY BEING AN ARCHER (I know, I gasped too), sniping Shirou, then Shirou and Saber, but then Command Seal hax and mana burst bullshit (lol B-ranked mana burst firing her 4 kilometers) and Saber-power-up-plothax bullshit (lol I can dodge homing missiles in midair), and out of practice projecting his swords bullshit, Saber managed to win.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

What about the bullshiting of his bullshit's bullshit bullshit, Edd?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I made sure to ignore the overflow of bullshit.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I made sure to ignore the overflow of bullshit.
    Bullshit. :3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Everyone check out the CM3 translation page now.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    He gets one (or three) kinda-all-out scene(s) in HA, where he's ACTUALLY BEING AN ARCHER (I know, I gasped too), sniping Shirou, then Shirou and Saber, but then Command Seal hax and mana burst bullshit (lol B-ranked mana burst firing her 4 kilometers) and Saber-power-up-plothax bullshit (lol I can dodge homing missiles in midair), and out of practice projecting his swords bullshit, Saber managed to win.
    Well, look at it this way, he still beat her and Shirou a few times before they figured it out and prepared themselves. Doesn't make Archer any less lethal. Remember, Archer's on his own during all that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That only meant he wanted Rin to be secure. Nothing else.
    Well, he at least seemed to care about Saber, which is more than you can say about Sakura....