Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Series Disscusion Thread

Tamers is love love tenkyouken.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Did they announce an English port of the game?

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    nope.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Wake me when they make a Tamers game for PSP, I'd play the shit out of it.
    GOTTA GET CARDS!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I actually was considering doing an LP (not on BL though) but I guess my main obstacle was that I wasn't sure how to pace it and balance the Digimon life cycles with the storyline. Like whether I should focus on raising a bunch of different digimon to mega level, or on advancing the plot.

(Gonna try that USB charging thing when I can, it may have lost its last bit of charge by now though)
    maybe make a poll/vote on wherever you were gonna do the LP? I personally would probably plan out 1-6 digimon that i'd want to be mega level, make a flow chart of their availability in game, and then finally start the LP, focusing mainly on plot advancement, but making sure to pick up the digimon you wanted. shoot for Examon all day? Mega Man HiAndromon would be a nice goal, too. >>;

No, what she should do is powergame the entire freaking system. Plot? Who cares about that, you have a full line up of Royal Knights and gods.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But completing the plot in Re:Tittitize means you get to extra content that involves Adventure 01 characters! (or was that multiplayer? either way...) people be nostalgia-fagging hard itt, so getting to those bonus scenes is relevant to popular interest!

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    The RPG site got updated, and it crashed my hopes of seeing the Ultimate forms of the other Chosen Children. The character profiles now show the partner's evolution line and it ends on Perfect in everyone else but Taichi and Yamato. So much for hoping... I know that it is based on the original series, but at least some small changes aside from that partnership thingie would be good.

That's why I like Tamers and Savers for giving equal evolution levels (sorta, the protagonist almost always has a special power) to all relevant characters (Hirokazu, Kenta, Shiuchon, Juri, Miki and Megumi be damned but they're not main character material).

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Blog Entries
    Wargreymon is the only mega I will ever need in 01

But really, patamon and gatomin should at least go up to seraphimon/magnadramon, i mean they did in the movie.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    Hurrican Touchdown is non-canon.

Besides, the only reason Agumon and Gabumon can evolve up to their Ultimate ranks is 'cause of Angemon and Angewoman's deus ex machinarrows. The others don't have a convenient power-up prophecy.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good gods, Digimon. The thing that got me into fanfiction. The thing that got me into writing (shitty) fanfiction. The tears, they won't stop. I love Digimon SO MUCH. I'll probably write subpar Digimon fanfics until the day I die.

Adventure was simple, and that's why it's perfect and the season all other Digimon settings are compared to. 02...had issues. The "new generation" idea was good, but Daisuke and the others simply could not hope to match the first season's strongly developed Chosen, specially if the new leader is basically a poor man's Taichi. Tamers will forever remain awesome in its uniqueness, and Frontier will be remembered as the season that introduced the world to Lucemon. Savers was a return to the things that originally made Digimon amazing, with a slightly older cast of characters. I couldn't grow to like Xros Wars; most DigiXrossed Digimon looked utterly retarded, the disappearance of evolution stages broke suspension of disbelief more times than I can hope to remember and the character development does not begin to compare to what earlier seasons did. I think the only thing I liked was that, indeed, the plot never stopped moving, simplistic as the plot itself may be. However, the Xros Wars manga is AMAZING (Wizarmon why you so badass!?), and the most successful attempt at connecting all anime seasons into a coherent grand Digimon setting, IMHO. Then again, the hilarious amounts of Nene fanservice might bother some people.

Never watched Young Hunters. Tagiru pissed me off.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Oh come on Dan your fics weren't that ba- pffffftt ahahahaha, okay I'm sorry they really were but at least take solace to the fact that you were able to entertain a lot of people, because really, your fics were fairly popular. You're still my favorite Digimon writer! You know, right next to crazyeight....and a few, other writers.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Good gods, Digimon. The thing that got me into fanfiction. The thing that got me into writing (shitty) fanfiction. The tears, they won't stop. I love Digimon SO MUCH. I'll probably write subpar Digimon fanfics until the day I die.

Adventure was simple, and that's why it's perfect and the season all other Digimon settings are compared to. 02...had issues. The "new generation" idea was good, but Daisuke and the others simply could not hope to match the first season's strongly developed Chosen, specially if the new leader is basically a poor man's Taichi. Tamers will forever remain awesome in its uniqueness, and Frontier will be remembered as the season that introduced the world to Lucemon. Savers was a return to the things that originally made Digimon amazing, with a slightly older cast of characters. I couldn't grow to like Xros Wars; most DigiXrossed Digimon looked utterly retarded, the disappearance of evolution stages broke suspension of disbelief more times than I can hope to remember and the character development does not begin to compare to what earlier seasons did. I think the only thing I liked was that, indeed, the plot never stopped moving, simplistic as the plot itself may be. However, the Xros Wars manga is AMAZING (Wizarmon why you so badass!?), and the most successful attempt at connecting all anime seasons into a coherent grand Digimon setting, IMHO. Then again, the hilarious amounts of Nene fanservice might bother some people.

i wasnt aware the manga had badass Wizardmon. might just try reading it then, who scnalated it? and is there a torrent around?

also, ive always been a huge Digimon fan. i loved season 1 and 3 especially. when i was a kid, researching the origins of the Digimon and their names was what got me into Mythology, History and, to an extent, science; an interest which continued to grow. it would be no exaggeration to say that Digimon was amajor element of what formed the person i now am.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post

Good, now go to write Ruins of Babylon! I'm dying to see what will happen.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    i wasnt aware the manga had badass Wizardmon. might just try reading it then, who scnalated it? and is there a torrent around?
    shit's baws, but no real scanslations aside from chapter one. there are raws and text translations available for ddl off of xros-raws' site, but (s?)he doesn't want any other uploads using his material, or he'll take his stuff down. Also, Kotone is the superior younger Amane. Raptor is all you need to say.

Oh yeah, Taiki is even more badass in the manga.
    Last edited by MZeroX; December 1st, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    And the PSP game is out now, for a few days actually. I stumbled on a torrent of it by accident but I'm almost sure it is fake, considering that the file is only 400MB.

And... HOLY FUCKING SHIT! THE SITE NOW SHOWS CANON ULTIMATE EVOLUTIONS FOR THE SORA, MIMI, KOUSHIROU AND JOU! This means that, yes, THEY CAN EVOLVE TO ULTIMATE! The evolutions in question:

Piyomon -> Hououmon
    Palmon -> Rosemon
    Tentomon -> HeraklesKabuterimon
    Gomamon -> Vikemon

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Boss battle theme is Brave Heart, watching the opening again hit me with all the nostalgia I can muster and I can't unhear things in the latin american dub.

Game is awesome.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    BRAVE HEART IS THE BOSS BATTLE THEME?!

gfkagfkfjgrkuvrbkuvbnjrghurlngkbneb *dies*

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    MY GOD, THIS:

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How's the gameplay?